ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Abomination means "not natural". In Bible-speak that is usually a very good thing.
"Out of the ordinary" would be accurate.
An abomination is MUCH stronger wording than out of the ordinary. Idolatry is an abomination. Worshipping other God's. Sorcery and divination is an abomination.

I have no idea where you got your definition? Where did you find it.

• Agree
Reactions: 4x4toy
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The "Gay Community" works as an anti-intellectual fabrication. UNTIL I see a very deep work from American christians on deciding what exactly it is and where it comes from we should all refuse to consign a bigoted fantasy.

Very true. I know very few gay people who know each other. Even the handful in my neighborhood.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
An abomination is MUCH stronger wording than out of the ordinary. Idolatry is an abomination. Worshipping other God's. Sorcery and divination is an abomination. I have no idea where you got your definition? Where did you find it.

You are correct. Abomination includes fish without scales in scripture.
The English word is very narrow but includes

a vile, shameful, or detestable action, condition, habit, etc.:
Spitting in public is an abomination.

Upvote 0

mcarmichael

Novice
Sep 8, 2014
✟56,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We get into major fights when it comes to homosexuality. I understand the scriptures when it says homosexuality is an Abomination to God. I do not argue with that or try to interpret scripture the way that I want to.
Which way do you vant to interpret that? Hm?

• Haha
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

IAMABELIEVER1979

Aug 21, 2016
Washington
✟61,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The "Gay Community" works as an anti-intellectual fabrication. UNTIL I see a very deep work from American christians on deciding what exactly it is and where it comes from we should all refuse to consign a bigoted fantasy. Then again, how easy was it to not mess up with your sexuality unlike gays? Maybe there is a high demand for eunuchs, they could be useful.

In my opinion, the depth of suffering possible for "gays" is sufficient. Why would you be able to deny services to them? How many gays will fit on your pitchfork in a state of anarchy?

If this issue bothers you, go for the long work, the long con. Enough decisions have been made rashly. What is your proposed method of social control so that you feel you can say these things? You are not "losing" if gays suffer. Though keep quiet, and you will win too easy.

I have to admit (and this is me being stupid), I don't fully understand what you mean by this post. I apologize for not understanding.

But you have to know that I do suffer a lot when I see gay people suffer. That could be me.

I don't suffer nearly as much as they do, but I feel extremely bad for them. I am a coward who hides in the closet.

I believe with all my heart that homosexuality is sin. And I don't try to force my beliefs on anybody. And I do not engage in homosexuality, except I struggle with lust.

When I hear of gay people getting kicked out of group homes, I weep. When I see gay people getting beaten up in Russia, I weep. When I hear about the gay kid that was beaten to death at a college campus, my heart is broken. I know I don't suffer nearly as much as they do. But I hate seeing this in the gay community.

But not only do these things hurt me. But they caused a lot of fear Within Me. I don't trust men. I have been called queer and the f word. But only a few have called me this. And I've never been physically assaulted or even completely discriminated. Because I am in the closet. And I wish that other gay men will stay in the closet as well. I Do blame them for getting their ass kicked. I live in a very conservative town and I am all alone dealing with this. I cannot trust churches because I don't know how they would react when I tell them about my struggles. I know that there are many many Christians that believe that gays cannot be saved or even repent. This breaks my heart as well.

But the point of this thread is to address on what I see in Christians and in myself. I kind of know what gay people go through. But I have gotten angry at them for forcing other Christians to go against their beliefs. And it is actually my beliefs too.

I believe that sex is sacred between a man and woman in marriage. And as much we struggle with unnatural desires, it doesn't change God's laws.

But the point that I was asking other Christians, should we forgive the gays that don't know what they're doing? Christians seem very angry at the gay community. And so that is why I asked this question, and presented why I felt that way.

Upvote 0

Thedictator

Retired Coach, Now Missionary to the World
Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am just wondering about something and I could be completely wrong about it.

First of all, I want to say that I'm not trying to be self-righteous. I myself have issues with forgiveness. I have a hard time forgiving my family, and even the church. But that is my issue. I am working on that.

I also recognize my own sin. And I know that I have no right to point out the sin of other people because I struggle with my own besetting sins. In fact, I question my Christianity. I don't even call myself a Christian. But I have committed my life to Christ again.

This is in no way saying how the church is wrong and how the Christians are wrong. I am just trying to understand the mind of the believer.

We get into major fights when it comes to homosexuality. I understand the scriptures when it says homosexuality is an Abomination to God. I do not argue with that or try to interpret scripture the way that I want to.

But my question is about forgiveness for the sinner. Should we forgive the gay community instead of feeling bitter towards them? Every time we get into these fights about homosexuality we always bring up the fact that they are the ones who are sueing other Christians. Or we always bring up the fact that they have Gay Pride parades and they're throwing their lifestyle in our face. Or we bring up the transgender bathroom laws.

These things are not going away. And Jesus said before he died 'father forgive them for they know not what they do.' Shouldn't that be the attitude that Christians have concerning the gay community and the things that they do?

Gays think that when you denied them service it it is like denying an African American.

Now I know that that's not the case, but that's how they see it. I honestly don't think they know what they're doing.

If I am completely wrong let me know. I am trying to not lean on my own understanding.

This is a very interesting question, forgiveness is paramount in the Christian faith, if we are not able to forgive then we will not be forgiven by God, and our sins will lead us to hell. So I say yes, but forgiveness is not tolerance and acceptance. Practicing Homosexuals can not be saved, because they have not repented of their sins. So acceptance in the true Church is not possible. Romans states that they have a depraved mind. Romans also states that Judgement awaits them.

I have another question should we forgive foreign terrorist, Rapists, child molesters, racists, and those who protect their behavior? The answer is yes.

Should Christian Jews forgive Nazis? Should Black Christian forgive the KKK? Should Christian Americans forgive the terrorists for 9/11? the answer is Yes.

Liberals love saying we should be Tolerant, but only the things they want to be tolerant about.
They would not go for tolerance for the KKK. It is funny how some people want to pick and choose what sin they want to be tolerant about.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Okay you got me.

I actually have no idea. Except I do believe in what it says.
You have done very well. You just believe the BIBLE when you read it. You don't try to interpret it a different way than it is written like most people do (especially religious leaders, groups, doctrines and traditions that are seeking something besides YHWH'S KINGDOM)...
No other interpretation is needed - just read what is written, and accept what God says as TRUTH, as IT IS.

Upvote 0

IAMABELIEVER1979

Aug 21, 2016
Washington
✟61,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is a very interesting question, forgiveness is paramount in the Christian faith, if we are not able to forgive then we will not be forgiven by God, and our sins will lead us to hell. So I say yes, but forgiveness is not tolerance and acceptance. Practicing Homosexuals can not be saved, because they have not repented of their sins. So acceptance in the true Church is not possible. Romans states that they have a depraved mind. Romans also states that Judgement awaits them.

I have another question should we forgive foreign terrorist, Rapists, child molesters, racists, and those who protect their behavior? The answer is yes.

Should Christian Jews forgive Nazis? Should Black Christian forgive the KKK? Should Christian Americans forgive the terrorists for 9/11? the answer is Yes.

Liberals love saying we should be Tolerant, but only the things they want to be tolerant about.
They would not go for tolerance for the KKK. It is funny how some people want to pick and choose what sin they want to be tolerant about.

That is true. And I agree with you 100%. I am not asking for more tolerance. Most Christians don't spend time demonizing the other sins that you are talking about. At the same time most people don't celebrate those sins or have a child molesting Pride Parade.

I asked this question because of what most people talk about. Christians tend to talk mostly about homosexuality and not about the other sins that you mentioned. But then again I talk about homosexuality as well. So, I asked this question in response to what I have seen written.

Do I believe we should love all these other people who sin in other ways? Of course, I do.

And I am not asking for acceptance.

As for being a liberal: I do not agree with gay marriages; I do not support abortion, in fact I hate it; I think they should make stricter laws concerning Social Security (I am on Social Security disability, but I am working hard at getting off of it, for I am applying for jobs and I signed up for school, but I am still limited by what I can do because of my disability); I personally think the government should stay out businesses; I definitely believe we should have the right to bear arms.

I don't know. I think I'm more moderate than liberal.

Upvote 0

IAMABELIEVER1979

Aug 21, 2016
Washington
✟61,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You have done very well. You just believe the BIBLE when you read it. You don't try to interpret it a different way than it is written like most people do (especially religious leaders, groups, doctrines and traditions that are seeking something besides YHWH'S KINGDOM)...
No other interpretation is needed - just read what is written, and accept what God says as TRUTH, as IT IS.

Thank you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thedictator

Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That is true. And I agree with you 100%. I am not asking for more tolerance. Most Christians don't spend time demonizing the other sins that you are talking about. At the same time most people don't celebrate those sins or have a child molesting Pride Parade. Yes this sin has a advocacy group and is in the bias media more so than other sins.

I asked this question because of what most people talk about. Christians tend to talk mostly about homosexuality and not about the other sins that you mentioned. But then again I talk about homosexuality as well. So, I asked this question in response to what I have seen written.
That is just not right, most of the conversations of Christians are about salvation and issues surrounding it, they did a studies about it some years ago. The media what you to believe that Christians only issue is Homosexuality and Abortion. These issues come up very rarely in sermons, bible studies, or general conversation in the church.
Do I believe we should love all these other people who sin in other ways? Of course, I do.

And I am not asking for acceptance.

As for being a liberal: I do not agree with gay marriages; I do not support abortion, in fact I hate it; I think they should make stricter laws concerning Social Security (I am on Social Security disability, but I am working hard at getting off of it, for I am applying for jobs and I signed up for school, but I am still limited by what I can do because of my disability); I personally think the government should stay out businesses; I definitely believe we should have the right to bear arms.

I don't know. I think I'm more moderate than liberal. I would say you are definitely moderate and not Liberal.

Upvote 0

IAMABELIEVER1979

Aug 21, 2016
Washington
✟61,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Okay.

I asked if somebody could tell me if I am wrong, and you did.

You are right, I only see or hear Christians talk about it because of what the news gives us. I don't really know any Christians and so I only go about what I see on the news.

So I apologize for having the wrong View of Christians.

My only contact with Christians are on these forums.

Upvote 0

Thedictator

Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Okay.

I asked if somebody could tell me if I am wrong, and you did.

You are right, I only see or hear Christians talk about it because of what the news gives us. I don't really know any Christians and so I only go about what I see on the news.

So I apologize for having the wrong View of Christians.

My only contact with Christians are on these forums.

If I may ask why do you not go to a church somewhere?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

IAMABELIEVER1979

Aug 21, 2016
Washington
✟61,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If I may ask why do you not go to a church somewhere?

I am afraid of rejection. And I am very limited because of my disability. The transportation system only works on weekdays.

People were willing to come and pick me up. But I am afraid that they will reject me after they get to know me.

It's mainly because I fear.

Upvote 0

Thedictator

Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am afraid of rejection. And I am very limited because of my disability. The transportation system only works on weekdays.

People were willing to come and pick me up. But I am afraid that they will reject me after they get to know me.

It's mainly because I fear.

Fear can be a sin, I hope you overcome your fear and give God's people a chance.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I've never felt the gay community needed to be forgiven by me. They all sin like we all sin. Most of them are trying to live peaceful lives, and let us live ours.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I have to admit (and this is me being stupid), I don't fully understand what you mean by this post. I apologize for not understanding.

But you have to know that I do suffer a lot when I see gay people suffer. That could be me.

I don't suffer nearly as much as they do, but I feel extremely bad for them. I am a coward who hides in the closet.

I believe with all my heart that homosexuality is sin. And I don't try to force my beliefs on anybody. And I do not engage in homosexuality, except I struggle with lust.

When I hear of gay people getting kicked out of group homes, I weep. When I see gay people getting beaten up in Russia, I weep. When I hear about the gay kid that was beaten to death at a college campus, my heart is broken. I know I don't suffer nearly as much as they do. But I hate seeing this in the gay community.

But not only do these things hurt me. But they caused a lot of fear Within Me. I don't trust men. I have been called queer and the f word. But only a few have called me this. And I've never been physically assaulted or even completely discriminated. Because I am in the closet. And I wish that other gay men will stay in the closet as well. I Do blame them for getting their ass kicked. I live in a very conservative town and I am all alone dealing with this. I cannot trust churches because I don't know how they would react when I tell them about my struggles. I know that there are many many Christians that believe that gays cannot be saved or even repent. This breaks my heart as well.

But the point of this thread is to address on what I see in Christians and in myself. I kind of know what gay people go through. But I have gotten angry at them for forcing other Christians to go against their beliefs. And it is actually my beliefs too.

I believe that sex is sacred between a man and woman in marriage. And as much we struggle with unnatural desires, it doesn't change God's laws.

But the point that I was asking other Christians, should we forgive the gays that don't know what they're doing? Christians seem very angry at the gay community. And so that is why I asked this question, and presented why I felt that way.

There are much wider issues in your post than can be addressed here.

Do you have a pastor that you can trust to talk to? Preferably not an ultra conservative one; one who will help you to discover who you are before God, in all honesty and without condemnation, whatever the result.

Meanwhile gay people are not oppressing Christians; it is exactly the other way round.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.