Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm seeking a higher love now, a love that goes beyond lust...They all claim to be so loving, they should be doing the same, and realize that anything sexual is only lust and has nothing to do with real, higher love... I'm tried of people elevating what is just sex, to where they practically worship it, lust and sex are just that, lust and sex, it's a primitive urge designed to procreate, nothing more... It's not that important, would be my message... Glorifying sex into a almost or for some actually a spiritual experience, is a big, huge, major problem, and to think that sex has much of anything to do with love, is also a mistake...It is what it is, and it's not meant to and idol or idolized, yet it is in this society today...

I never said any of these gay couples or singles were having sex.
I don't look in their windows at night.
I just know they prefer the company of others who happen
to be the same sex. They may not even consider themselves
to be gay. They may all be brothers or sisters living together.
I have no insight into their sex lives. But I can see their lifestyle
and impact on neighboring families and I've watch children growing up
who live next door. That was your concern, the impact on society.

But I've never seen gay people having sex in the media. I've seen shows
that portray lust though. "Grease" as a good movie example.

6334ba2552702870c6fa6761130d328e--film-grease-grease-musical.jpg

Tell me more, tell me more
Was it love at first sight?
Tell me more, tell me more
Did she put up a fight?

Took her bowling in the arcade
We went strolling drank lemonade
We made out under the dock
We stayed out till ten o'clock
Summer fling don't mean a thing but oh oh the summer nights

He got friendly holding my hand
She got friendly down in the sand

Read more: Grease - Summer Nights Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The media, especially commercials, appeal to all our carnal desires and manifest all kinds of sinful passions in us and are manipulating us in all kinds of ways, and they full well know it, but, it sells and that is all they care about...

I'm wise with my media exposure, I do my best to avoid commercials and advertisements, and I choose what goes into my head and heart carefully...

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The media today knows how to affect people that way, and doesn't think it's wrong to do, even though they full well know it and about it, I do (think it's very wrong)...

the Bible has only Three categories of Sin: 1 John 2:16

1. The lust of the flesh (physical pleasure)
2. The lust of the eyes (desires)
3. The pride of life (achievements and possessions)
Four charactersitics of Sin

These are all in the mind of the sinner.
All pretty much invisible to others.
Sin is internal, not visible.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
the Bible has only Three categories of Sin: 1 John 2:16

1. The lust of the flesh (physical pleasure)
2. The lust of the eyes (desires)
3. The pride of life (achievements and possessions)
Four charactersitics of Sin

These are all in the mind of the sinner.
All pretty much invisible to others.
Sin is internal, not visible.
I think it starts with the lust of the eyes, (or what we "see"), (or what we see and hear), I think it starts with that, when "dwelling" on a temptation and revisiting it by your choosing, (thinking about it a lot) could be sinful, (since being tempted is sinful it what we do with and about the temptation that makes it sinful or not), and I think, when you dwell on it to long and think about it all the time, is when it becomes the sin of the lust of the eyes, then the lust of the eyes turns into a lust of the flesh or the pride of life sin...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

IAMABELIEVER1979

Aug 21, 2016
Washington
✟61,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When were you first tempted to have what you think was a same sex attraction, when and how did it start? Were you born with it or not?

It is not a sin to be tempted, those are actually tests, it's what you do with it/that, if you act of what you know if sinful, is when it becomes sinful...

When your tempted, what is your next response or feeling or emotion right afterward...?

I did not get exposed to being tested in that area, until the stinkin "media" went gay, then it got shoved in my face over and over, so, I quit watching it and exposing myself to it, and it has gone away...

The media today knows how to affect people that way, and doesn't think it's wrong to do, even though they full well know it and about it, I do (think it's very wrong)...

I hate the media... They don't know what they are doing to our society, but, they'll find out...

To be perfectly honest I don't know when I first had same-sex attraction. I know the arguments among believers and among other homosexuals. It does seem like we were born this way. I don't ever remember deciding to be attracted towards men. But I am all argued out concerning whether we were born this way or not. I myself have gotten two major arguments with other Christians about it. Christians have their opinions about it. Especially those who don't really know. And they're not going to change their opinion about it.

But regardless of whether we were born with it or not, I still acknowledge that it is sin.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Gays think that when you denied them service it it is like denying an African American.

Now I know that that's not the case, but that's how they see it.
How is it not the case?

On the one hand, you have a business owner who wants to refuse goods and services to members of a minority. And on the other hand, you have a business owner who wants to refuse goods and services to members of a minority.

Upvote 0

-V-

Sep 16, 2016
USA
✟38,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
How is it not the case?

On the one hand, you have a business owner who wants to refuse goods and services to members of a minority. And on the other hand, you have a business owner who wants to refuse goods and services to members of a minority.
Imprisoning someone for being a serial killer must, therefore, be the same as imprisoning someone for being African American.

On the one hand, you're imprisoning someone who is a member of a minority. And on the other, you're imprisoning someone who is a member of a minority.

Or is it slightly possible that I'm oversimplifying things just a tad?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
But regardless of whether we were born with it or not, I still acknowledge that it is sin.
COOL.
Just like a thief, or a wicked politician, lawyer, religious leader, greedy person, adulterer, all on earth, everyone, was born that way, yes - everyone on earth, everyone of them born in sin, sinful, consigned under sin,
each and everyone hopefully repents to be saved,
(though few ever do) ;

everyone needing to turn to God the Creator by faith in JESUS MESSIAH REDEEMER,
to be saved - yes, each and every person on earth born that way - (in sin) - needs to repent.
No matter they know what their sin is or not (many think they are not sinners, until > ) , as God will reveal that as He Pleases.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Imprisoning someone for being a serial killer must, therefore, be the same as imprisoning someone for being African American.

On the one hand, you're imprisoning someone who is a member of a minority. And on the other, you're imprisoning someone who is a member of a minority.

Or is it slightly possible that I'm oversimplifying things just a tad?
You obviously don't know what a minority is. Please allow me to enlighten you.

A minority is a culturally, ethnically, religious or racially distinct group that has a shared sense of collective identity and community that coexists with but is subordinate to a more dominant group with socially shared rules about who belongs and who does not.

Upvote 0

-V-

Sep 16, 2016
USA
✟38,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

A minority is a culturally, ethnically, religious or racially distinct group that has a shared sense of collective identity and community that coexists with but is subordinate to a more dominant group with socially shared rules about who belongs and who does not.
Please allow me to enlighten you to the dictionary:
Definition of MINORITY

Note 3a:
3a : a part of a population differing from others in some characteristics and often subjected to differential treatment
Serial killers certainly fit that.

But, hey, it's not like dictionaries can actually tell us what words mean or anything.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist

So? Sinners are the vast great majority, ruling earth and living on earth. Society is run by the devil, as written in Scripture,
particularly Ephesians and Revelation,
as well as all the Master Savior King Messiah Jesus said.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
See Galatians.
They are part of pernicious society, as written in Galatians.
That means deadly, death-dealing, seeking to bring down everyone along with them, not content to leave others alone (just like in sodom and gomorrah, they wouldn't leave the 2 visitors alone).

We're all a part of it, Jeff.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
We're all a part of it, Jeff.
As Galatians and all Scripture says, we all once were -
W - E - R - E / were/ used to be.

Remember as written, we all once were in darkness ,
and were by God's Grace in Jesus when we repented
saved out of the darkness into the marvelous LIGHT !

Those who are still sinning willfuly, unrepentant, not born again, not in the light ,

are all still of the world, in the darkness, and must

have to repent of their sins in order to have a chance to be brought into the KINGDOM of GOD,

same as everyone - no difference due to kind of sin (sexual perversion, greed, idolatry, etc) , country of origin, or religion of birth.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

IAMABELIEVER1979

Aug 21, 2016
Washington
✟61,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How is it not the case?

Well this is the way that I see it. And I could be wrong.

The business owner is not denying services to the person. I don't think he cares what anybody does in the privacy of their own bedroom.

But they do not want to endorse what they consider sin.

For example, if a gay man happens to walk into a bakery and the owner, who happens to be a Christian, was there serving him, and the owner knows that the guy is gay somehow, if the man asked the owner to bake a cake for his little brother who is having a birthday party, the owner would gladly have taken his order. Because that is not endorsing sin. These bakeries have served gays in the past.

But when a gay couple comes in and asks to bake a cake for their wedding, they do not say 'I am sorry we don't serve gay people.' No. Instead they say 'I'm sorry we do not do gay weddings,' or same sex weddings.

In my town I have referred to myself as a gay man for many years. And it's a small town and everyone saw me as a gay man.

I have been in restaurants owned by Christians. I have even been counseled by Christians. I have been invited to their house. They have accepted me when I went to their Bible study. They have served me gladly.

You know why? Because I did not ask them to endorse my sin. They do not reject, well most of them don't, anyone who is gay, straight, or bi. They just don't want us to ask them to endorse our sin.

There are, however, Christians who are very hateful. I do not exactly know how to respond to them. I guess I just stay away from those Christians. But not every Christian is hateful.

I have even been invited to Christmas dinner at another Christians house as a gay man. And these Christians do not agree in that kind of Lifestyle. They never approved of my sin but they were still very loving towards me.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Stepcoach
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

That would be everyone in jail, I thinks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But when a gay couple comes in and asks to bake a cake for their wedding, they do not say 'I am sorry we don't serve gay people.' No. Instead they say 'I'm sorry we do not do gay weddings,' or same sex weddings.

Like they don't do any type of cake they don't have correct decorations for in stock.
You can't decorate for every type of event equally.
Likely they refuse to do Stripper-in-a-cake as well.
Gay-style or not.

Upvote 0

IAMABELIEVER1979

Aug 21, 2016
Washington
✟61,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Like they don't do any type of cake they don't have correct decorations for in stock.
You can't decorate for every type of event equally.
Likely they refuse to do Stripper-in-a-cake as well.
Gay-style or not.

I did not think of that.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.