For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth... [moved from Christian Apologetics]

SavedByGraceThruFaith

Aug 24, 2013
✟15,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The word of God is quote clear and emphatic.

God literally said 6 days and that always means 6 24 hour days.

Else God would have said I created everything a very long time ago.

God spoke the following once and twice wrote it in stone.
That is the recorded testimony of the one who actually was there and did it and would never lie. That proves 6 24 hour day creation and by adding up the years in the Holy Bible, the 6 day creation occurred about 6000 years ago.

Exodus 20:11
For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

AmericanChristian91

May 24, 2007
California
✟12,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes it is a reference to the Genesis Story, however "day" does not always mean a 24 hour one, and even if the days in the creation story were intended to be 6 24hr days, that does not necessarily mean that type of day, and the amount of 6 days, was put into the story because that is exactly how much time it took for the universe/earth to be created, but could be in there for other reasons.

http://www.christianforums.com/t7775117/

Upvote 0

SavedByGraceThruFaith

Aug 24, 2013
✟15,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes it is a reference to the Genesis Story, however "day" does not always mean a 24 hour one, and even if the days in the creation story were intended to be 6 24hr days, that does not necessarily mean that type of day, and the amount of 6 days, was put into the story because that is exactly how much time it took for the universe/earth to be created, but could be in there for other reasons.

http://www.christianforums.com/t7775117/

God said 6 days.
So it 6 days each with 24 hours

Upvote 0

SavedByGraceThruFaith

Aug 24, 2013
✟15,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is not the only issue with you Grace. I think it has been a week now, and you haven't said a thing about 'tohu wa-bohu' because you really don't know very much background about the text.

Only the word of God counts and it is English in the King James Bible

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

That is the recorded testimony of the one who actually was there and did it and would never lie. That proves 6 24 hour day creation and by adding up the years in the Holy Bible, the 6 day creation occurred about 6000 years ago.

For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

God said also that one of his days is as a thousand years (the lifetime of a man) meaning the length of one of God's days extended beyond the understanding of a mere man (or woman) in their lifetime.

Why does Christ say "you know neither the day, nor the hour" Do you suppose he's referring to literal hours and days, No, he talking about the Day and hour of an age, an era.

Like wise one of God's days is outside of time, it is best measured by events and important occourances/ experiences/events of an age, Where do we get the Phrase from "The final hour?" Do we mean a literal hour, No, we are talking about the final hour, or last day of an age, an era, an empire, likewise is how I believe God is...

Upvote 0

SavedByGraceThruFaith

Aug 24, 2013
✟15,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God said also that one of his days is as a thousand years (the lifetime of a man) meaning the length of one of God's days extended beyond the understanding of a mere man (or woman) in their lifetime.

Why does Christ say "you know neither the day, nor the hour" Do you suppose he's referring to literal hours and days, No, he talking about the Day and hour of an age, an era.

Like wise one of God's days is outside of time, it is best measured by events and important occourances/ experiences/events of an age, Where do we get the Phrase from "The final hour?" Do we mean a literal hour, No, we are talking about the final hour, or last day of an age, an era, an empire, likewise is how I believe God is...

The day equals 1000 years will not help you get billions of years
Also the order in Genesis 1 does not match what the false origin scientist claim

That still puts your theory against the plain word of God

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Is that English in the KJV? Wow! Thanks so much. What background that is!

"Formless and void" then. That's fine. There is a watery mass, and it is formless and void.

Jer 4:13 in the Word of God (please note that, as I think you know what I'm referring to by that) says this expression indicates the wrath of God has fallen on the place.

v1 is a section title as is often found in Hebrew chronologies, especially Moses. Whenever you recited the material orally you were asked to start at a section title. Like 5:1 and 36:1. It is not the action of the story. So the earth was already there, and God (plural, at least triune) was there, and began creating, using what was there. He formed three structures (earth, sky, sea) and then he filled them. This matches or answers the chaotic situation found in the words "formless and void."

The question of time for Gen 1 may not be the 6 days; I'll give you that. But you haven't even started to understand things until you work out a true interp of 'tohu wa-bohu.'

Upvote 0

SavedByGraceThruFaith

Aug 24, 2013
✟15,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is that English in the KJV? Wow! Thanks so much. What background that is!

"Formless and void" then. That's fine. There is a watery mass, and it is formless and void.

Jer 4:13 in the Word of God (please note that, as I think you know what I'm referring to by that) says this expression indicates the wrath of God has fallen on the place.

v1 is a section title as is often found in Hebrew chronologies, especially Moses. Whenever you recited the material orally you were asked to start at a section title. Like 5:1 and 36:1. It is not the action of the story. So the earth was already there, and God (plural, at least triune) was there, and began creating, using what was there. He formed three structures (earth, sky, sea) and then he filled them. This matches or answers the chaotic situation found in the words "formless and void."

The question of time for Gen 1 may not be the 6 days; I'll give you that. But you haven't even started to understand things until you work out a true interp of 'tohu wa-bohu.'

Exodus 20:11 covers the creation of the earth so that include genesis 1:1 and all of genesis 1.

So your theory is false.

For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The day equals 1000 years will not help you get billions of years
Also the order in Genesis 1 does not match what the false origin scientist claim

That still puts your theory against the plain word of God

Again, not meant to be taken literally a day is to a thousand years (meant one of god's days (which is not measured by time but events, and I sometimes think we forget that) Anyways, One of God's days was beyond the life age (comprehension) of a man.

And you still cannot explain the fact that when Jesus said "You know neither the day, nor the hour", he did not mean it literally, but in events. And as to why we have the figure of speech, "The final hour" when we do not mean it literally

How does the order in Genesis 1 not match what I say, I believe the entire chapter of Genesis 1 is a summary of the creation of heaven, earth, and the history of mankind, from beginning to end, in all of Genesis 1, then I believe we get into the details of that history in the start of Genesis 2 and onward, Genesis 1, is a summary, Then the rest of the book tells the details, this is what I believe.

Upvote 0

Harry3142

Apr 9, 2006
Ohio
✟20,229.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
www.theologywebsite.com/etext/egypt/creation.shtml

This egyptian creation epic predates the creation stories of Genesis 1:1-2:3 & 2:4-25 by centuries. It also would have been quite familiar to the Hebrews due to their time spent in Egypt, since it was 'required reading' there. It even has a 6-day period in which the majority of creation took place, which tells us where Moses got his 6 days from, since he was reared in the egyptian royal court.

However, in this earlier story all that the people could see around them was to be seen as either a deity or the representation of a deity. The sun and moon were deities; the stars were the garment worn by Queen Nut, a major deity; the surface of the planet was a deity; and even the atmosphere was a deity. The other species of animals were all representations of deities, either singly, as in Horus, or in a combination of two or more, as in Isis and Osiris.

So what we find in Genesis 1:1-2:3 is not a literal event; it's a rebuttal and demythologization. The sun, moon and stars were merely objects in the heavens which gave the people light, and nothing more. The surface of the planet and its atmosphere were merely two parts of the earth, and nothing more. The other species of animals were merely other species, and nothing more. The only deity who was to be recognized as truly divine was both invisible and over-and-above all that he had created, so he could never be represented by a painting on a tomb wall, or sculpted out of stone as an idol.

Genesis 2:4-25 was also a rebuttal and demythologization of egyptian teachings. At the time of Moses (circa 1500 BC) they believed that only royalty, and those whom that royalty chose to accompany them, could obtain an afterlife. The rank-and-file egyptians would instead merely return to the dust of the earth (sound familiar?). And royalty was able to attain eternal life because they were believed to be the literal descendants of gods and goddesses, and so were to be seen as 'superhumans'.

Moses taught that all mankind had come from a single man (the real english word for the hebrew word 'adam'). So there was no such thing as 'superhumans' who should be worshiped as deities themselves. We were all equal insofar as God was concerned, and no one was to claim that he was on a higher plane than anyone else.

BTW: Before this planet acquired a moon the days were not 24 hours long. Instead, they were 4 to 6 hours long.

Upvote 0

Archie the Preacher

Apostle to the Intellectual Skeptics
Apr 11, 2003
Hastings, Nebraska - the Heartland!
Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
SavedByGraceThruFaith said:
Only the word of God counts and it is English in the King James Bible
Okay, SbGtF, you've identified yourself and your problem.

The rest of you all, relax. The idea of YEC is the only 'hold' SbGtF has on salvation; if he doesn't believe this, God won't like him (or her). Please note all responses are cut and paste, like memorization, not thought. He'll be okay in the final analysis.

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God created the heavens and the earth, the earth was without form and void, then there was light, then light was separated from the darkness (meaning the earth solidified), so there was a single rotation of the new earth- day one. How long was it? In context we see all the days described the same way; as a single rotation of the earth; one solar day with the entity called light doing the work of the sun which would come later. Yom doesn't always mean a single day, but an evening and a morning coupled with a numbered day can never mean anything else.

A day to God is as a thousand years, and a thousand years is as a day. This means God is timeless, not that the days of creation were any different than they are now.

God very specifically said He created the universe in six days, and felt strongly enough about it to make it the basis of the Fourth Commandment. Deny it if you wish, but don't try to pass your rejection of the Scriptures as based somehow in the teaching of the Scriptures. Remember Jesus spoke about Adam and Eve as real people, not evolved from chimps but made by God.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
God created the heavens and the earth, the earth was without form and void, then there was light, then light was separated from the darkness (meaning the earth solidified), so there was a single rotation of the new earth- day one. How long was it? In context we see all the days described the same way; as a single rotation of the earth; one solar day with the entity called light doing the work of the sun which would come later. Yom doesn't always mean a single day, but an evening and a morning coupled with a numbered day can never mean anything else.

A day to God is as a thousand years, and a thousand years is as a day. This means God is timeless, not that the days of creation were any different than they are now.

God very specifically said He created the universe in six days, and felt strongly enough about it to make it the basis of the Fourth Commandment. Deny it if you wish, but don't try to pass your rejection of the Scriptures as based somehow in the teaching of the Scriptures. Remember Jesus spoke about Adam and Eve as real people, not evolved from chimps but made by God.

What does/did God consider a human, (a humanoid) I believe Adam & Eve were the first creation couple that God considered "Human", if there were others around, then I think God still considered them part of the animal kingdom, and not truly Human, not Like his creations, Adam & Eve were.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

SavedByGraceThruFaith

Aug 24, 2013
✟15,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seriously? The only Word of God is in english and it's the KJV?

Someone please please tell him that Jesus quoted from the septuagint and it was in GREEK!

Did I ever say that the word of God is only in English?

No.

But I only speak English.

And in English, it is the King James Bible.

Upvote 0

SavedByGraceThruFaith

Aug 24, 2013
✟15,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay, SbGtF, you've identified yourself and your problem.

The rest of you all, relax. The idea of YEC is the only 'hold' SbGtF has on salvation; if he doesn't believe this, God won't like him (or her). Please note all responses are cut and paste, like memorization, not thought. He'll be okay in the final analysis.

I am saved forever by the risen Lord Jesus Christ and His shed blood as the completed payment for all my sins.

As to 6 day recent creation, it is never a problem to believe the word of God. So I have no problem at all.

Upvote 0

Sayre

Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
✟18,216.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0