For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth... [moved from Christian Apologetics]

SavedByGraceThruFaith

Aug 24, 2013
✟15,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OK, your post was a little unclear...

And still, the KJB is not the only english "Word of God".

The new versions do have a number of errors in them. This is the result of the mistake of relying in some way on a few corrupt manuscripts especially Sinaiticus and Vaticanus.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Did I ever say that the word of God is only in English?

No.

But I only speak English.

And in English, it is the King James Bible.

Why are you so stuck on the KJV, for that matter, that fact, why are you stuck on only one translation?, especially if you don't speak, or don't know, any other languages?

I think it best for a person who only speaks English to keep and examine (observe) several different translations of the Bible, and when having questions about a certain scripture, look it up in all of them, to see whether the scripture in question still contains/conveys the same message, or meaning or not, that's what's important.

And another thing, no one translation is going to be exactly perfect, there will be (very few, but nonetheless there) subtle errors, which is why it's to your advantage for an English speaking/reading person to examine several/numerous different translations to see if the scripture in question, still maintains/holds the same meaning throughout for you. If not then ask someone qualified, your questions about it, and seek out the answers.

The KJV has one subtle error, for example, it says in the ten commandments, "Thou shalt not kill", when the accurate understanding is "Thou shalt not commit murder" not simply kill, and this is just one example.

But, anyways, in conclusion I think it is a little childish, and a bit ignorant, to say that this "one", this or that "translation" only is the word of God, (and what, I suppose all others are false) Anyways, I think one should check several different translations out when studying, analyzing, picking out scriptures.

Upvote 0

SavedByGraceThruFaith

Aug 24, 2013
✟15,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why are you so stuck on the KJV, for that matter, that fact, why are you stuck on only one translation?, especially if you don't speak, or don't know, any other languages?

I think it best for a person who only speaks English to keep and examine (observe) several different translations of the Bible, and when having questions about a certain scripture, look it up in all of them, to see whether the scripture in question still contains/conveys the same message, or meaning or not, that's what's important.

And another thing, no one translation is going to be exactly perfect, there will be (very few, but nonetheless there) subtle errors, which is why it's to your advantage for an English speaking/reading person to examine several/numerous different translations to see if the scripture in question, still maintains/holds the same meaning throughout for you. If not then ask someone qualified, your questions about it, and seek out the answers.

The KJV has one subtle error, for example, it says in the ten commandments, "Thou shalt not kill", when the accurate understanding is "Thou shalt not commit murder" not simply kill, and this is just one example.

But, anyways, in conclusion I think it is a little childish, and a bit ignorant, to say that this "one", this or that "translation" only is the word of God, (and what, I suppose all others are false) Anyways, I think one should check several different translations out when studying, analyzing, picking out scriptures.

The use of multiple bibles, which actually disagree with each other, makes no sense whatsoever. Don't you even know what the bible says?

The new bible versions have errors as I have said before, because they made the mistake of relying on a corrupt few manuscripts that include Vaticanus and Sinaiticus.
These errors which number in the hundreds are serious and touch on the deity of Jesus Christ and the gospel of salvation. So of course I would never use them

BTW that is not an error in the KJB. Man has always tried to justify murder, so God says thou shall not kill. Thus the murderer is still breaking the commandments.

I have 5 threads on this forum which do relate to the new bible versions.

They are:
Should the Shepherd of Hermas be in the Holy Bible
Vaticanus has a blank column. Smoking gun against new bible versions?
God is not the author of confusion
Poll - Should the resurrection account of Mark 16:9-20 be removed from the bible?
Poll: Should Acts 8:37 be in the Bible?

You can reply to those if you like.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SAAN

Apr 26, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟80,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The word of God is quote clear and emphatic.

God literally said 6 days and that always means 6 24 hour days.

Else God would have said I created everything a very long time ago.

God spoke the following once and twice wrote it in stone.
That is the recorded testimony of the one who actually was there and did it and would never lie. That proves 6 24 hour day creation and by adding up the years in the Holy Bible, the 6 day creation occurred about 6000 years ago.

Exodus 20:11
For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Agreed. If he didnt create it in 6 literal days, why even bother telling people to rest for 1 day on the 7th day then with reference to what he did in 6 days.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The use of multiple bibles, which actually disagree with each other, makes no sense whatsoever. Don't you even know what the bible says?

The new bible versions have errors as I have said before, because they made the mistake of relying on a corrupt few manuscripts that include Vaticanus and Sinaiticus.
These errors which number in the hundreds are serious and touch on the deity of Jesus Christ and the gospel of salvation. So of course I would never use them

BTW that is not an error in the KJB. Man has always tried to justify murder, so God says thou shall not kill. Thus the murderer is still breaking the commandments.

I have 5 threads on this forum which do relate to the new bible versions.

They are:
Should the Shepherd of Hermas be in the Holy Bible
Vaticanus has a blank column. Smoking gun against new bible versions?
God is not the author of confusion
Poll - Should the resurrection account of Mark 16:9-20 be removed from the bible?
Poll: Should Acts 8:37 be in the Bible?

You can reply to those if you like.

I find no conflict (rarely) on the different Bible translations that I study, when I check different translations about a scripture, most of the time I find that the same thought is carried supported throughout, and if one translation uses one word in a line, and another translation uses a different word in a line I research both words, and still in the end, am led to conclude that the same "thought", which does not alter the overall story of the Bible, is carried supported throughout...

Say another person from a different language, has learned, read and studied the Bible from words used in their native language/tongue, and then let's say they learn a little English, and begins to talk about share their faith, with another English speaking person, but most of what the other person has learned, about the Bible and Biblical stories has come from their native tongue/language, using words in certain lines that may not necessarily convey the same "exact" meaning as a word used in English, or even one of the ancient, original languages, But though one word may not be exact, but similar, I believe God designed the Bible to make sure that the same basic message and story would be carried throughout.

I believe God designed his word to be translated into other languages (other translations) using other words, but the the same basic message and story would be carried throughout, and I believe that God designed his word, so that the basic message and basic story could not be coorupted, just because of minor differences of one or two words between languages. And this is evident when the foreigner shares his beliefs with another English speaking believer, they have very few disagreements, but agree on most things, including the basic message conveyed on/about the good news, and the gospel message of Jesus Christ (which I believe cannot be coorupted, no matter what language the Bible is translated into or no matter what translation you've learned from.

If you find a discrepancy over one word, then you should explore and study and figure out for yourself and maybe ask others as to "why" and I'll bet you'll get a satisfying answer that (I'll bet) changes none of the basic gospel message or story about the good news.

See it is people like you, and your like that cause divisions, and consequently are the causes for the various reasons that we have so much division, so many, many different denominations of churches, because they oftentimes want to quibble about minutia, about.over one single word, or concept that has nothing to do with, and changes none of what the original gospel message was intended to convey, and does convey, regardless of the language/translation, so...

Upvote 0

SavedByGraceThruFaith

Aug 24, 2013
✟15,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I find no conflict (rarely) on the different Bible translations that I study, when I check different translations about a scripture, most of the time I find that the same thought is carried supported throughout, and if one translation uses one word in a line, and another translation uses a different word in a line I research both words, and still in the end, am led to conclude that the same "thought", which does not alter the overall story of the Bible, is carried supported throughout...

Say another person from a different language, has learned, read and studied the Bible from words used in their native language/tongue, and then let's say they learn a little English, and begins to talk about share their faith, with another English speaking person, but most of what the other person has learned, about the Bible and Biblical stories has come from their native tongue/language, using words in certain lines that may not necessarily convey the same "exact" meaning as a word used in English, or even one of the ancient, original languages, But though one word may not be exact, but similar, I believe God designed the Bible to make sure that the same basic message and story would be carried throughout.

I believe God designed his word to be translated into other languages (other translations) using other words, but the the same basic message and story would be carried throughout, and I believe that God designed his word, so that the basic message and basic story could not be coorupted, just because of minor differences of one or two words between languages. And this is evident when the foreigner shares his beliefs with another English speaking believer, they have very few disagreements, but agree on most things, including the basic message conveyed on/about the good news, and the gospel message of Jesus Christ (which I believe cannot be coorupted, no matter what language the Bible is translated into or no matter what translation you've learned from.

If you find a discrepancy over one word, then you should explore and study and figure out for yourself and maybe ask others as to "why" and I'll bet you'll get a satisfying answer that (I'll bet) changes none of the basic gospel message or story about the good news.

See it is people like you, and your like that cause divisions, and consequently are the causes for the various reasons that we have so much division, so many, many different denominations of churches, because they oftentimes want to quibble about minutia, about.over one single word, or concept that has nothing to do with, and changes none of what the original gospel message was intended to convey, and does convey, regardless of the language/translation, so...

I asked you to address the other 5 topics.

You are off topic in this thread.

The new versions have many errors. I have studied this for over 10 years and compared many verses and many versions.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I asked you to address the other 5 topics.

You are off topic in this thread.

The new versions have many errors. I have studied this for over 10 years and compared many verses and many versions.

Are all these reasons/topics important enough to the basic gospel message to cause divisions in the church, so that the church is divided and not united? And are these "subjects" reason enough to have so, so, many different denominations, so that the churches argue and fight with each other and stand divided and are as houses divided against themselves, or not?

See, I think we need to all get back to the most important part of the Bible and that is the basic gospel message, (which none of these subjects/topics/questions that you have brought up), change, I think if all the churches got back to the simple, basic gospel message, then they wouldn't be so divided and argue (fight) against one another, over topics that do not alter, change, conflict, or interfere with the basic gospel message...

See, I want people, especially the churches, to be united, not divided, especially over things that are unimportant to the basic gospel message, of the Good news, and the saving and redeeming power of the shed blood/sacrifice of Jesus Christ, and how he gave all us sinners a second chance through what he did, ect, ect, and so on and so forth. Anyways I think if the churches, and people concentrated more on areas that they agree (the basic gospel message), rather than disagree, they would be much better-off.

Upvote 0

SavedByGraceThruFaith

Aug 24, 2013
✟15,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are all these reasons/topics important enough to the basic gospel message to cause divisions in the church, so that the church is divided and not united? And are these "subjects" reason enough to have so, so, many different denominations, so that the churches argue and fight with each other and stand divided and are as houses divided against themselves, or not?

See, I think we need to all get back to the most important part of the Bible and that is the basic gospel message, (which none of these subjects/topics/questions that you have brought up), change, I think if all the churches got back to the simple, basic gospel message, then they wouldn't be so divided and argue (fight) against one another, over topics that do not alter, change, conflict, or interfere with the basic gospel message...

See, I want people, especially the churches, to be united, not divided, especially over things that are unimportant to the basic gospel message, of the Good news, and the saving and redeeming power of the shed blood/sacrifice of Jesus Christ, and how he gave all us sinners a second chance through what he did, ect, ect, and so on and so forth. Anyways I think if the churches, and people concentrated more on areas that they agree (the basic gospel message), rather than disagree, they would be much better-off.

Sure is. The errors obscure the deity of Jesus Christ and the gospel of salvation.

Very important.

Upvote 0

Aviela

Bubbles
Aug 22, 2013
✟32,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
345012-albums5733-48396.gif

Thread has been moved from Christian Apologetics forum to the Origin Theology forum.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
F

frogman2x

Yes it is a reference to the Genesis Story, however "day" does not always mean a 24 hour one, and even if the days in the creation story were intended to be 6 24hr days, that does not necessarily mean that type of day, and the amount of 6 days, was put into the story because that is exactly how much time it took for the universe/earth to be created, but could be in there for other reasons.

http://www.christianforums.com/t7775117/

Anytime day is used in the Bible with a number associated with it, it always means a 24-hour day as we know it today.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
That's not an error. When I visit someone I often tell them "I have to run" before I leave. I figured they have enough common sense to know I'll be driving and not actually start running down the street. Gee I thought everyone knew what is meant by "Thou shall not kill".

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes it is a reference to the Genesis Story, however "day" does not always mean a 24 hour one, and even if the days in the creation story were intended to be 6 24hr days, that does not necessarily mean that type of day, and the amount of 6 days, was put into the story because that is exactly how much time it took for the universe/earth to be created, but could be in there for other reasons.

http://www.christianforums.com/t7775117/

The Genesis creation record is God's own record of the genesis of the heavens and the earth. Moses only copied it down. It already existed,
and it was written by God;
and in Genesis 1, God says an evening and a morning are one day
and there were six evenings and mornings in the creation week
before the seventh evening and morning when God rested

so, yes

we know exactly what God meant in His record
when He said six evenings and six mornings
=six periods of darkness and six periods of light
making six ordinary days of approx 24 hours each

but God describes it as 18 moments each
in His revelation calendar revealed to Enoch

His creation began exactly on the eve of the fall equinox as it occurs in Jerusalem, the belly button of the crated earth, and Adam was created six days later
but God counts the beginning of His year at spring equinox as seen from Jerusalem
the navel of the earth.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God created the heavens and the earth, the earth was without form and void, then there was light, then light was separated from the darkness (meaning the earth solidified), so there was a single rotation of the new earth- day one. How long was it? In context we see all the days described the same way; as a single rotation of the earth; one solar day with the entity called light doing the work of the sun which would come later. Yom doesn't always mean a single day, but an evening and a morning coupled with a numbered day can never mean anything else.

A day to God is as a thousand years, and a thousand years is as a day. This means God is timeless, not that the days of creation were any different than they are now.

God very specifically said He created the universe in six days, and felt strongly enough about it to make it the basis of the Fourth Commandment. Deny it if you wish, but don't try to pass your rejection of the Scriptures as based somehow in the teaching of the Scriptures. Remember Jesus spoke about Adam and Eve as real people, not evolved from chimps but made by God.

While I applaud your defense of Scripture, you have a bit of error in the above which is not from the Bible but is from fallible men who accepted the outright lies of so called scientists who denied the Word of God as true from the beginning: the earth never is said by God in any Scripture to rotate, spin, revolve, move, tilt, or wobble in any fashion or form. It is said in the Scriptures from the beginning that the heavens themselves circle the earth and the darkness and the light are divided by God and one period of evening/darkness and light circling over any spot on earth = one "Day".

God's starting point for the beginning of the evening to mark a new "Day" of one evening and one morning is what is now called Jerusalem; for that is His "navel" so to speak, of the created earth, as He says.

The heavens circle the earth from the beginning and are even called the "circle of the earth" in the Word. In the "circle of the earth" the sun, moon, and stars [planets are wandering stars with no light of their own] have their own peculiar paths ordained to follow, and they come out of different "portals" =following their own geo-magnetic paths to make the seasons, which they control.

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
While I applaud your defense of Scripture, you have a bit of error in the above which is not from the Bible but is from fallible men who accepted the outright lies of so called scientists who denied the Word of God as true from the beginning: the earth never is said by God in any Scripture to rotate, spin, revolve, move, tilt, or wobble in any fashion or form.
The Bible is not an treatise on cosmology. It says that he evening and the morning were the ___ day, but it doesn't describe which rotates around which. We know through observation that the earth is rotating. God didn't tell us everything, but we know that what He told us was truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The Bible is not an treatise on cosmology. It says that he evening and the morning were the ___ day, but it doesn't describe which rotates around which. We know through observation that the earth is rotating. God didn't tell us everything, but we know that what He told us was truth.
I'll second that. The answer to which body revolves around which depends on your point of view. Our point of view, standing on the earth's surface, is that the sun revolves around us. So we use words like 'sunrise' and 'sunset'. But any point of view is workable.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Book of Enoch the prophet, the seventh from Adam, does have God's revelation of His "cosmology" in it, and it is canon in the Ehtiopian Orthodox Church and Genesis to Revelation, then, correlates exactly the revelation of the cosmology written in Enoch.
The earth is fixed in place and the heavens are the circle of the earth, and they circle the earth once, from one sunset to the next sunset, making one/echad" Day" as defined by God for creation week.

You can deny Scripture, but God's Word is true from the beginning, and He did not lie about His creation.
Because the sun and moon are on the same electro-magnetic path in the heavens/"the Circle of the earth", and "keep faith" with one another [though the moon falls behind the sun a certain number of days in a certain number of years as is explained in Enoch], Joshua commanded the sun and the moon to stand still, and they stood still for about a whole day and did not go down.

The earth does not move, rotate, spin, tilt, revolve in any fashion, but is fixed in place, as Scripture states, and the heavens themselves were stretched out from this earth on day 2 of creation week. There is no way to take that out of the Bible. It is fact.
The sun and moon were not made until day 4 and were set in the stretched out from the earth heavens on day 4. That is Bible fact.

Half the waters of this creation were raised above the stretched out heavens on day 2 of creation week, and they are still there. That is Bible fact.

The Book of Enoch, Translated by Robert H. Charles, 1912
The Geocentric Calendar Book* (Chapters 72-82)
Time From Now Until the New Creation
72 The book of the courses of the luminaries of the heaven, the relations of each, according to their classes, their dominion and their seasons, according to their names and places of origin, and according to their months, which Uriel, the holy angel, who was with me, who is their guide, showed me; and he showed me all their laws exactly as they are, and how it is with regard to all the years of the world and unto eternity, till the new creation is accomplished which dureth till eternity.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'll second that. The answer to which body revolves around which depends on your point of view. Our point of view, standing on the earth's surface, is that the sun revolves around us. So we use words like 'sunrise' and 'sunset'. But any point of view is workable.

God is in His holy temple in heaven, which is "the circle of the earth", and His point of View from His temple set in the sun [as the Hebrew exactly states and teaches, but is changed to gibberish by foolish biased translators in the English] gives Him the viewpoint that His sun runs its path in the heavens like a "giant", and never rests, and from His temple set in the sun, He looks down on the sons of Adam and they are "like grasshoppers in His sight".
That is what His Word declares.

http://www.christianforums.com/t7259341/
The Created Temple of God, Which is in the Created Heavens

Upvote 0

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
God is in His holy temple in heaven, which is "the circle of the earth", and His point of View from His temple set in the sun [as the Hebrew exactly states and teaches, but is changed to gibberish by foolish biased translators in the English] gives Him the viewpoint that His sun runs its path in the heavens like a "giant", and never rests, and from His temple set in the sun, He looks down on the sons of Adam and they are "like grasshoppers in His sight".
That is what His Word declares.

http://www.christianforums.com/t7259341/
The Created Temple of God, Which is in the Created Heavens
Well, I accept both God's word and the satellites that we've sent all over the solar system. I see no disagreement between the Bible and our understanding of solar system mechanics. Do you?

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I accept both God's word and the satellites that we've sent all over the solar system. I see no disagreement between the Bible and our understanding of solar system mechanics. Do you?

Yes.
Did you know that the wrong understanding of the solar system mechanics do not allow for the sun and moon standing still when Joshua commanded them to do so?

Jos 10:12,13
Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.

And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

Did you know that NASA uses geocentric earth co-ordinates to launch spacecraft?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnLYIbpNst4

Upvote 0