Akron
✟72,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
They were probably monthly form letters that simply required changing the dates and statistical information on them.
Oh, that could be. I was usually a top salesman so I got letters of congratulations from the head of the company all the time.

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh, that could be. I was usually a top salesman so I got letters of congratulations from the head of the company all the time.

Selling diamonds, I take it? ;)

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟30,478.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The scientific theory of the clearing of the Earth's atmosphere is not a suggestion that God did a sloppy job. Rather, it is an explanation of natural processes that occurred over billions of years.

If the earth is billions of years old that makes the Bible a really really old book indeed.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟75,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If the earth is billions of years old that makes the Bible a really really old book indeed.
I have seen some of your other posts which discuss how our sphere of a planet (proven thousands of years ago by the Greeks, and more recently with spacecraft) is apparently flat in your views, and do not wish to respond. God bless.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Genesis chapter one covers 13 billion years of history. God also expresses Himself in Science so we can compare one with the other. WE are to accept nothing unless there are two or three witnesses.

1. Deuteronomy 19:15 (ESV):
    • “A single witness shall not suffice against a person for any crime or for any wrong in connection with any offense that he has committed. Only on the evidence of two witnesses or of three witnesses shall a charge be established.”
  2. Matthew 18:16 (ESV):
    • Jesus teaches about resolving conflicts within the community: “But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses.”
  3. 2 Corinthians 13:1 (ESV):
    • The apostle Paul emphasizes the importance of multiple witnesses: “This is the third time I am coming to you. Every charge must be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses.”
  4. John 8:17 (ESV):
    • Jesus refers to the Law: “In your Law, it is written that the testimony of two people is true.”
  5. 1 Timothy 5:19 (ESV):
    • Regarding charges against elders: “Do not admit a charge against an elder except on the evidence of two or three witnesses.”
  6. Numbers 35:30 (ESV):
    • Concerning capital punishment: “If anyone kills a person, the murderer shall be put to death on the evidence of witnesses. But no person shall be put to death on the testimony of one witness.”
  7. Hebrews 10:28 (ESV):
    • The consequences of disregarding the law: “Anyone who has set aside the law of Moses dies without mercy on the evidence of two or three witnesses.”

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟30,478.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Genesis chapter one covers 13 billion years of history. God also expresses Himself in Science so we can compare one with the other. WE are to accept nothing unless there are two or three witnesses.

What has this got to do with the earth being billions of years old ? Just kindly asking.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
What has this got to do with the earth being billions of years old ? Just kindly asking.
We have many different people to witness to the age of earth.
ONLY YEC people claim something different from everyone else.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Who are the YEC ?
YEC is young earth creationism. Often people go back to Bishop Ussher who wrote the book on this 500 years ago. ONLY the first chapter in the Bible takes about a timeline. From Genesis chapter two the rest of the bible talks about the history of the last 6,000 years.

• Genesis 2:4: The first use of “generation” in the Bible refers to the “generations of the heavens and the earth.” Here, it seems to encompass all of human history—the era that began with the creation of the universe.
The Bible can be literal and symbolic at the same time. A day is 24 hours but it can also mean age or era.

• Informative
Reactions: Apple Sky
Upvote 0