For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth... [moved from Christian Apologetics]

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Yes.
Did you know that the wrong understanding of the solar system mechanics do not allow for the sun and moon standing still when Joshua commanded them to do so?
I don't consider that a dilemma for my belief because I think that event was a miracle.

Did you know that NASA uses geocentric earth co-ordinates to launch spacecraft?
That only makes sense. At launch, the earth is the most sensible reference point available.

I studied physics in college. Yes, there are some opinions in cosmology and astronomy that are supported by little more than mathematics. But solar system mechanics isn't one of them; it's also supported by experimentation. For example, our satellites wouldn't make it to Mars or Venus if our maths were even a little bit wrong. But they do, ergo our maths are correct.

I still think you're promoting a false dilemma. And don't spend the effort quoting Enoch or Jasher to me; my denomination doesn't consider them scripture.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The fact is that Genesis 1 tells us that the heavens had their primal origin right here, at earth, as home base, from which they were stretched out between the divided in two waters of this created globe!

The heavens are the "circle" of the earth, and in Genesis 1, we see the circle of them around the earth from evening to evening completes one "Day" of darkness and light.

Then in Genesis 1 we see the heavens stretched out from the earth between the divived in two waters of this globe on day 2.
There are stars at that point, and as for their purpose, look at the "Electric Universe" info with Wallace Thornhill and others. They are not Bible believing people as to the Electric Universe research, but their research on the electric universe actually correlates with Genesis 1, though they do not realize it.
The sun and moon and planets [earth is not a planet, and planets are stars that wander and have no light of their own] were made and set in the heavens on day 4.

Above the sun, moon, and wandering stars is the half of the waters of this creation.
The stars bring in the seasons and control the winds of earth [and hail and rain and snow and vapors and sleet], and they are not so far away as we are told.
The light of the stars began right here, at this earth, when God said; "Let there be light"....and the electric universe was born.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the beginning, the stretched out heavens "sprang forth from the earth", when they were stretched out between the divided waters on day 2, as Isaiah 42:5 states in the Hebrew, making the stretched out heavens the "breadth of the earth", in storied layers.

Isa 42:5 thus saith God/אל 'el YHWH, ברא bara' שמים shamayim נטה natah ; רקע raqa` eretz, צאצאים tse'etsa' ...
The Hebrew of that verse shows that the stretched out heavens are "the issue" -that which sprang forth from- the earth, just as the seed of a man springs forth as his issue; even so, the elements of the stretched out heavens originated right here, of a piece with the created earth -which was just a globe of water in darkness wiht the Spirit of God hovering over it, like a mother hen, brooding....nurturing the life to spring forth from it...

In the book of revelation, when the stars fall, they fall right back to where they began from, to this created fixed in place earth!

The heavens as the "vast expanse -the breadth of-" the earth, is what we read in Genesis 1.

Gen 1:6
And God said, Let there be a firmament in the middle of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

Gen 1:7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which [were] under the firmament from the waters which [were] above the firmament: and it was so. Gen 1:8 And God called the firmament Heavens [not singular, but plural]. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

The heavens were not stretched out from the earth, between the divided waters, until day 2 of creation week.
So in YHWH Elohym's creation, the heavens were stretched out from the beginning point of the fixed in its place earth, and the heavens revolve around the earth, and the sun, moon and the stars have their own peculiar paths set in the revolving -around the earth- heavens.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So in YHWH Elohym's creation, the heavens were stretched out from the beginning point of the fixed in its place earth, and the heavens revolve around the earth, and the sun, moon and the stars have their own peculiar paths set in the revolving -around the earth- heavens.

All true. But scratch out the parts you added. "Fixed in place, fixed point, etc."

This isn't a story about how to build the cosmos and geometry.
What the story is saying is that earth, the stuff we stand on,
was central to the design process. God used the result (matter)
for the rest of the Cosmos as well. And it's all for our benefit.

So in a way, yes, it all revolves around us. There is no need to
consider the mass of things like the sun and weigh each mass
and compute orbits to make the point that something else is
central. God considers us the center of the cosmos.

So that is the point of the story. It's not intended to go into
laws of gravity and such. IF the story was about physics
then objects with the most mass would be the holiest.

So we should agree that mass or size or rotation is not the point.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The earth is not rotating - spinning. - YouTube

When you consider space flight...even space flight from airplane boost,
then this solves the difficulties in the video.

Yes, jets are visibly flying backwards when viewed from orbit.
They are slogging along like goldfish. They swim forward even
if you turn the fishbowl faster than they swim.

Being in a jet, I've seen the sunset slow down and last 4 hours
because 300 MPH is a decent percentage of the earths spin.

So I've witnessed the spin of the earth first hand.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
While I applaud your defense of Scripture, you have a bit of error in the above which is not from the Bible but is from fallible men who accepted the outright lies of so called scientists who denied the Word of God as true from the beginning: the earth never is said by God in any Scripture to rotate, spin, revolve, move, tilt, or wobble in any fashion or form.

Other than moving mountain or earthquakes.

If the scripture were about earth, then it would be a holy place because it is so huge. But the creation story is not about earth, because earth is not holy. That's why there are so few details about the earth and it's spin or anything. It's just temporary.

He replied, "Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.

Greatest Earthquakes of the Bible

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
...The earth does not move, rotate, spin, tilt, revolve in any fashion, but is fixed in place, as Scripture states.....

This is yet another problem solved by a proper understanding of biblical nomenclature. Erets (translated earth) is defined in Genesis 1 as land. "And God called the dry land, earth." When scripture speaks about the fixedness of earth or the foundations of the earth, it is speaking of the land, not a land/sea unit, in the sense of a planet. No scientist today would speak of the land rotating, or revolving. And the land is fixed to its foundation on which it sits. The land also has ends, as in the ends of the earth. We call them coastlines. I'm convinced, this is the only way the ancient Bible writers ever understood the term erets. Some commentators believe that at times it can be speaking about the land/sea globe, but I always go back to that definition given in Genesis 1. "God called the dry land, earth."

YSM, I know you believe you've gotten this stuff via special revelation, and that you've added a whole bunch of books to the Bible, but a simple careful look at the usage of erets should clear this issue right up. It's not the planet earth that is fixed, it's the land, in relation to the sea, and its foundation. /problem

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
geo-magnetic

Bible Search

Your search - magnetic - did not match any documents.
No pages were found containing "magnetic".

Suggestions:
Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
Try different keywords.
Try more general keywords.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And another thing, no one translation is going to be exactly perfect, there will be (very few, but nonetheless there) subtle errors, which is why it's to your advantage for an English speaking/reading person to examine several/numerous different translations to see if the scripture in question, still maintains/holds the same meaning throughout for you.

The subtleties of languages are not considered errors.

Upvote 0
N

n2thelight

The word of God is quote clear and emphatic.

God literally said 6 days and that always means 6 24 hour days.

Else God would have said I created everything a very long time ago.

God spoke the following once and twice wrote it in stone.
That is the recorded testimony of the one who actually was there and did it and would never lie. That proves 6 24 hour day creation and by adding up the years in the Holy Bible, the 6 day creation occurred about 6000 years ago.

Exodus 20:11
For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."

There are two bodies mentioned in this verse; the heaven and the earth. It simply stated a fact and left the time factor out. The verse not only did not say when, but left it totally to our imagination, as to the eternal span of time, and how the creation took place.

In Proverbs 8:22 we read of wisdom speaking through Solomon. Wisdom is God for all wisdom is of God. "The Lord possessed me in the beginning of His ways, before the works of old." What works of old could this be? It is the old earth age, spoken of in Revelation 12:1-6.

Proverbs 8:23; "I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was." This is stating that wisdom was with God, and He possessed me.

Proverbs 8:24; "When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water." Before there was any need of an abyss, or pit, and the water to fill them, God's wisdom was there.

Proverbs 8:25; "Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:"

Before the earth even took on it's present form, with the high mountains and rolling hills, God's wisdom was there. Friend, God's wisdom played His part in the creation of this earth, and all wisdom comes from God.

Proverbs 8:26; "While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the high part [beginning] of the dust of the world."

God was there in wisdom before that first little atom, or speck of dust of the earth was formed. Before the laws of God that control the energy forces came into being, God's wisdom was there.

Proverbs 8:27; "When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass [circle] upon the face of the depth:"

Proverbs 8:28; "And when established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:"

Proverbs 8:29; "When He gave to the sea His decree, that the waters should not pass His commandment: when He appointed the fountains of the earth:"

In other words, there was land, and oceans, and fields and lakes, and God set His commandment that they should be separated through the "compass" which He set. Today we call it "gravity". This is the force which separates all water from dry land. When the waves hit the rocks of the shoreline, they resend back into the sea by the gravitational forces of the earth.

God allowed Job to be tested by both Satan and his fellow man, in the first thirty seven chapters of the Book of Job. However, after 37 chapters of man's nonsense, ramblings, and bad advice by those around Job, God spoke to Job.

Job 38:1, 2; "Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said, Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?"

Job had been tested to the point of losing His entire family, all his property, and had been inflicted by sores and sickness, yet, he did not curse God. He was in a poor frame of mind when God again came to Job.

Job 38:3; Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou Me."

God told Job to straighten up and be a man, and listen to what He is about to tell Job. Then God spells out to Job how He laid out the foundations of the earth and the heaven, and all matters concerning them.

Then for the rest of Job 38 and continuing in Job 39 we can see the same wisdom we read about in Proverbs 8. God told Job how He put the universe all together. Our God is infinite in wisdom and power, Yet His love for His children is so great that He allowed Himself to be killed as a man, on the cross at Calvary. In this love that He demonstrated for His children, He made it possible that we could approach Him as His child for our every need.

This humbled Job before God, as it should to each of us, and He fell apart [Job 40]. God once again told Job to stand "like a man, and give answer to Him".

Genesis 1:2 "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep."
And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Who is that Spirit of God? He is the Holy Spirit, and it is God's Spirit that moved upon the face of the waters.

In the Hebrew translation of the word, "was", as used in this verse "...the earth was without form,..."; in the original text it reads "became without form...". This same mistranslation of the word "became", and turning it into the word "was" is also present in Genesis 2:7. It should read there; "..and man became a living soul."
The correct Hebrew translation from the Massoretic Hebrew text for the words, "without form" is "tohu-va bohu" in the Hebrew Strong's dictionary. So we see that the earth was not "created without form", but it "became [tohu] without form and void". Lets go to Strong's Hebrew dictionary, reference number 1961 to verify the word "was", that we read in this verse. "Yahah, haw-yaw; a prime root, to exit; to become, or come to pass." [#1961]

Now lets continue in the Strong's Hebrew dictionary to get the true meaning for the word "void". # 2258, on page 36 tells us that we have to go to # 2254 for the prime on the meaning of this word "void". # 2254; "Chabal, khaw-bal; to wind tightly as a rope, to bind, to pervert, destroy, to corrupt, spoil, travail," This corresponds with its other use in # 2255, which reads; "to ruin".

"Tohu" of the earth, then means that total destruction had come to pass upon the earth. The second "was" in the verse is in italics type because there is no verb "to be" in the Hebrew language. One of the problems in translating the Hebrew into English is that the verb, "to be" is not distinguished from the verb, "to become".

At the end of Genesis 1:1 the first earth age ceased to exist in its previous form. God created the earth to be inhabited, and then He destroyed it. There was an entire earth age that existed between verses one and two of Genesis. This first earth age is spoken of in II Peter, Jeremiah, Proverbs, and Jude. We will look into these Scripture passages and try to understand the deeper meaning of our Father's Word.
If you don't understand that there was a first earth age, you will not understand why God would say in Malachi 1:3; "And I hated Esau...". God hated Esau even while he was in his mother's womb. It was in the first earth age that God hated Esau, because of what Esau did in that first earth age. It was what Esau's soul did in that age that so angered God; and that anger passed on to the embryo of Esau, when his soul entered into this earth age. See also Romans 9:13.

This verse, then, does verify the fact that our earth is older than 6,000 years old. To be more exact, it's probably many millions of years old. However, no matter how old this earth is, it is the only place we can live on in the flesh and survive. We do not worship God's creation; we are to worship the creator, our Heavenly Father. God is in control of all of His creation, and He destroyed all forms of life that lived on the earth from the first earth age.

genesis1

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."

There are two bodies mentioned in this verse; the heaven and the earth. It simply stated a fact and left the time factor out. The verse not only did not say when, but left it totally to our imagination, as to the eternal span of time, and how the creation took place.

I would totally disagree. There's no gap implied between 1:1 and 1:2. In the beginning God created the earth and heavens, and initially the land was unformed and unfilled. Then God created light and darkness, and divided them, and this was the first morning and evening day. All of these things occurred on day one.

Furthermore Moses writes that in six days God created the heavens and earth and sea and all that is in them. Stars are in the heavens, thus were made in the six days. The sun is in the heavens thus was made in the six days. What part of "all" are we not understanding?

Gap theorists are trying to conform the Bible to modern views of deep time, but it just doesn't fit, and Moses statement here confirms that he read this passage just as I did. He didn't believe the stars existed before the 6 days, and he was inspired by God an infallible in his writings.

If you're wondering if anything predates the 6 days, just ask where this thing is. If its location is limited to the heavens, land or sea, it was made during the six days. The only thing I can think of that resides outside of those is God Himself.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would totally disagree. There's no gap implied between 1:1 and 1:2. In the beginning God created the earth and heavens, and initially the land was unformed and unfilled. Then God created light and darkness, and divided them, and this was the first morning and evening day. All of these things occurred on day one.

Furthermore Moses writes that in six days God created the heavens and earth and sea and all that is in them. Stars are in the heavens, thus were made in the six days. The sun is in the heavens thus was made in the six days. What part of "all" are we not understanding?

Gap theorists are trying to conform the Bible to modern views of deep time, but it just doesn't fit, and Moses statement here confirms that he read this passage just as I did. He didn't believe the stars existed before the 6 days, and he was inspired by God an infallible in his writings.

If you're wondering if anything predates the 6 days, just ask where this thing is. If its location is limited to the heavens, land or sea, it was made during the six days. The only thing I can think of that resides outside of those is God Himself.

While time frames are noted, "time" as we know it is the deterioration of the Cosmos. Adam brought death to the earth at the time of his sin against God and all of creation has been caused to suffer.

"Time" during creation week was not the same as after the fall.

Upvote 0
N

n2thelight

God did not create this earth void and without form....

The Earth Became Without Form, and Void

He Did Not Create a Chaos

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance: Hebrew and Chaldee Dictionary:
"1961. hayah ... to exist, i.e. be or become, come to pass."
"8414. tohuw ... to lie waste; a desolation (of surface)."
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was [or became — see Gen. 2:7; Strong's: hayah] without form [Strong's: tohuw], and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

[Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became [Strong's: hayah] a living soul.]

Isaiah 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain [Strong's: tohuw] [RSV: he did not create a chaos], he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

God destroyed the earth because of satan's rebellion

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Genesis 1:1 (KJV)

God is eternal, so this beginning of the heaven and earth provides a human reference point only. Scientists and archeologists have fossil evidence that dinosaurs existed millions of years ago, so the word “beginning” in verse one includes eons of time from when God first created the heaven and the earth. The dinosaurs were created in verse one, and humans have yet to uncover all the mysteries from those millions of years.

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2 (KJV)

When reading “And the earth was without form, and void” that word “And” does not mean a continuation describing everything created in verse 1. It actually means “And then later…” because looking ahead in that phrase and the Hebrew word translated into English as “was” you discover the meaning is actually “became”.

Next, “without form, and void” translates to “desolation and ruin”. To paraphrase this much of Genesis 1:2 it is stating that at some point in time after Genesis 1:1 the earth of the first earth age became without form, and void meaning desolate and in ruin. Say “good-bye” to the dinosaurs.

Explanation and Reasons for Two Earth Ages

Let’s examine this catastrophic event when God chose to give the world a makeover in preparation for human inhabitants. The reason has to do with the downfall of Satan. Before covering that, it’s important to understand and compare the first earth age of dinosaurs and the current second earth age of our existence.

Once this spiritual journey is through presenting the Old Testament, references in the New Testament will be documented as taken from the original Greek manuscripts that refer to “the foundation of the world”. That phrase is used often in reference to past events between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2. The first occurrence of “the foundation of the world” in the New Testament is in Matthew as follows:

That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world. Matthew 13:35 (KJV)

This word “foundation” is from the Greek word “katabole” (pronounced kat-ab-oh-LAY), and it means the world as we know it and more specifically the period of reconstruction after the first earth age that included dinosaurs.

Prehistoric Life Prior to the Katabole

Humans did not exist with dinosaurs during that prehistoric time. Spiritual heavenly beings did. Verb forms of katabole mean “destruction”, and the spiritual events that occurred during Genesis 1:1 include the downfall of Satan who wanted to be God and rebelled against God with a third of the angels. As a result, God chose to reform the world as we know it beginning in Genesis 1:2 with the desolation of the first earth age. Satan and the third of the angels following him were condemned for their rebellion and will be held accountable in the future on Judgment Day.

For the rest of the angels, meaning the other two thirds, it was required that those souls pass through the flesh once before the third and final heavenly age of eternity. That word “once” is important. There is no reincarnation.

Your Spiritual and Human Existence in Each Earth Age

Your soul existed in that first earth age. Other souls still await being born in the flesh, and yet God knew those of us alive today as well as those waiting to be born. Consider this verse of Scripture as one example of evidence:

Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb… Jeremiah 1:5 (KJV)

Your spirit and soul were not created at the time of your birth. You came from an existing spiritual being created and known by God. Our unique personality may help explain why many of our family members are so different. Your reason for being in this life is to discover God’s purpose for you in this earth age, and only one thing makes you eligible for eternal life in the kingdom of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Salvation is by grace which is a gift freely given, not by works, for without grace all would be condemned. Your place in eternity requires that you accept Christ as your Savior. Consider this verse to understand what heaven will be like:

Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him. 1 Corinthians 2:9 (KJV)

In conclusion, the Word of God offers everything you need to learn about ultimate riddles and the spiritual mysteries of life. My purpose is to share my opinion to encourage visitors to begin a spiritual journey of Bible study, and then have you form personal conclusions about what God expects as the Holy Spirit guides you towards wisdom and understanding.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums