✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Well? Does he?Well? Is it?
And? if it's OK for some people to boycott businesses and individuals for being pro LGBT, why shouldn't the reverse apply?

Please let's not fall for the trick of getting swept up in an engineered publicity stunt. Celebrities' religious affiliations are rarely (if ever) made media fodder without them being complicit.
Yes he does, and yes it is, but so what? I go to a Catholic Church, which teaches that Homosexuality is a sin. How many of the hosts are Catholic?
I don't think they're complicit at all. I've never seen them expound their Christian beliefs verbally. I've only seen their amazing life expanding in various ways. I know that Chip Gaines does do public appearances and witnessing to men's groups on the side, but only because I have relatives in Texas who have gone to see him. They live a Christian marriage, obviously, to me. But I'm very sure they're not complicit.

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Celebrities' religious affiliations are rarely (if ever) made media fodder without them being complicit.

What planet do you live on where the media requires explicit consent before releasing personal details of celebrities?

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes he does, and yes it is, but so what? I go to a Catholic Church, which teaches that Homosexuality is a sin. How many of the hosts are Catholic?
I don't think they're complicit at all. I've never seen them expound their Christian beliefs verbally. I've only seen their amazing life expanding in various ways. I know that Chip Gaines does do public appearances and witnessing to men's groups on the side, but only because I have relatives in Texas who have gone to see him. They live a Christian marriage, obviously, to me. But I'm very sure they're not complicit.
OK. BTAIM I'm not really seeing the "under fire" element here.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
They might be, but what do any of those sources say that makes them "under fire"? Specifically?
They are under fire, in that the insinuation that they attend that church, they must believe what that pastor teaches, and that we should all be horrified and demand that they be squashed. My take? So what if they do believe as he does? It's their right. It is also their right to choose not to accept business from gay or LGBTQ people if they so choose.

The truth of the matter is that they didn't even really want to be on TV, and almost didn't make it because a film crew followed them around and was almost ready to pack it up, because they weren't natural TV people.

Upvote 0

Disciple37

Dec 1, 2016
Mississippi
Visit site
✟10,384.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Christians should expect to face persecution. This has to be one of the hardest challenges they're going to face. To stand up in the face of the world. Homosexuality is a sin but we are to love them and hate the sin. So yes, all Christians should be against the LGBT community in as loving way as possible.

Serving a homosexual couple should be considered in prayer. Would being kind, loving, and gentle and serving them and being a good steward of God the way to go or do you feel lead to deny them service because God is convicting you. I do not think it's a simple answer of yes and no. Your service should be considered in prayer.

Denying service may benefit a homosexual more than giving them service. Giving them service may benefit a homosexual more than denying them service. And when i say benefit, ultimately leading them to Christ.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
They are under fire, in that the insinuation that they attend that church, they must believe what that pastor teaches, and that we should all be horrified and demand that they be squashed.
I think there's a bit of projection going on
My take? So what if they do believe as he does? It's their right.
of course it is
It is also their right to choose not to accept business from gay or LGBTQ people if they so choose.
Depending on where they do business
The truth of the matter is that they didn't even really want to be on TV, and almost didn't make it because a film crew followed them around and was almost ready to pack it up, because they weren't natural TV people.
Sounds unlikely, but OK.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
OK. BTAIM I'm not really seeing the "under fire" element here.
Sometimes people don't see the problem unless they're the ones in the midst. When I was unemployed for four months, people didn't know that I was "under fire", yet I was. They are being pressured to disclose their personal religious beliefs, for one thing. Not that they should be afraid of it, or anything. But if they're being made uncomfortable, then that qualifies as 'under fire'.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Christians should expect to face persecution. This has to be one of the hardest challenges they're going to face. To stand up in the face of the world. Homosexuality is a sin but we are to love them and hate the sin. So yes, all Christians should be against the LGBT community in as loving way as possible.
Saying "this person goes to a church with a pastor who preaches against LGBTI people" is not "persecution".

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes people don't see the problem unless they're the ones in the midst. When I was unemployed for four months, people didn't know that I was "under fire", yet I was. They are being pressured to disclose their personal religious beliefs, for one thing. Not that they should be afraid of it, or anything. But if they're being made uncomfortable, then that qualifies as 'under fire'.
Where are they being pressured to reveal personal religious beliefs?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I think there's a bit of projection going onof course it isDepending on where they do businessSounds unlikely, but OK.
Have you read the articles or heard the reporting? And it's not unlikely, it's true. Truth is, by the way, often unlikely.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Seriously, picking on a random host because of the church they go to?

Cosmo, buzzfeed, huffpo are specifically named.
Ones can say anything, just to get attention. Ones understand that Donald did this, and this helped him to win. So, may be they are learning from Donald :)

But yes, what goes around comes around. We will reap what we have been sowing > Galatians 6:7-8 < we have God's attention!

Upvote 0

Disciple37

Dec 1, 2016
Mississippi
Visit site
✟10,384.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Saying "this person goes to a church with a pastor who preaches against LGBTI people" is not "persecution".

I am not saying they are facing persecution in a significant form at this very moment, but it's banging on their door and all they have to do is answer that door and speak the truth.

Last edited:
Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The article lists these:

“Chip and Joanna Gaines’s Pastor Preaches ‘Homosexuality is a Sin’” – blared a headline on Cosmopolitan.

“Chip and Joanna Gaines’ Church is Firmly Against Same-Sex Marriage,” screamed a Buzzfeed headline. “Their pastor considers homosexuality to be a ‘sin’ caused by abuse – whether the Fixer Upper couple agrees is unclear.”

And user base:

Our friends at Newsbusters tracked down this item from US Weekly:

“As a Fixer Upper fan, I would love to know @joannagaines and @chippergaines’s thoughts on their pastor’s hateful, anti-LGBT beliefs,” one viewer declared. Another went further, writing: “If Chip and Joanna Gaines end up being anti-LGBT, I am cancelling my mag subscription and ignoring their show.”

Well there you have it. All Chip and Joanna have to do to right the politically correct ship is to attend a spirit cooking performance.

We have now entered the Twilight Zone where churches are hateful for preaching sin is bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And? if it's OK for some people to boycott businesses and individuals for being pro LGBT, why shouldn't the reverse apply?

Please let's not fall for the trick of getting swept up in an engineered publicity stunt. Celebrities' religious affiliations are rarely (if ever) made media fodder without them being complicit.

Faulty conclusions. The show does not preach against homosexuality. If it did your point would be valid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

It's pretty obvious to me that you didn't read the articles even a little. The opening headline of the first link is "
Chip and Joanna Gaines's Pastor Preaches "Homosexuality Is a Sin"
But do they agree?
"

• Agree
Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The left-wing mafia seems to randomly choose Christians to harass.

full

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's pretty obvious to me that you didn't read the articles even a little. The opening headline of the first link is "
Chip and Joanna Gaines's Pastor Preaches "Homosexuality Is a Sin"
But do they agree?
"
And?

I seem to recall certain people (mentioning no names) demand a certain US President defend his relationship with religious figures he had been associated with previously, but I guess the is different because "reasons".

They're public figures, I think it's a fair enough question if people genuinely want to know. Get back to me when anyone demands they change their beliefs or unlawfully discriminates against them.

Upvote 0