HannahT

Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟458,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but I do speak my mind if I see bullying for beliefs. I think everyone should. It hasn't gotten to this point yet, but it can lead in that direction with the way this country has been.

Sadly, what this story shows the population is that certain groups are getting proactive in their outrage. The couple - as far as I know - didn't say anything about this issue. Didn't act any sort of way towards the group they are claiming outrage for.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My views on this are fairly complex.

I don't like or agree with the church's stance on homosexuality. Whether someone is homosexual or not is any of my business, and I don't care to comment the mote in their eye while ignoring the plank in mine.

At the same time, I like the Gaines. They seem like good people to me, and I very much appreciate the fact that they've never spoken about their political or theological beliefs on Fixer Upper. I also like the fact that unlike the Duck Dynasty people, they haven't become a symbol of American Christian Values (tm) or Christian entitlement ("poor us! We're a majority in this country and among the freest Christians in the world, and yet somehow, we're persecuted!").

Since the Gaines haven't made their beliefs an issue, I'm not willing to make them an issue either.
Ringo

Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0