• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Donald Trump wrong that no tax cuts passed since Reagan

Discussion in 'Current News & Events' started by tulc, Dec 3, 2017.

1. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+9,225
    Christian
    Married
    Donald Trump wrong that no tax cuts passed since Reagan
    tulc(MAGA by lying about something easily shown to be a lie?) :scratch:

2. Saucy

Saucy CF's resident Norse Irishman Supporter

+12,716
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    He didn't lie.

3. Winken

Winken Jonah !!! Supporter

+3,378
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Wow! What a list!

4. Philip_B

Philip_B At the name of Jesus every knee shall bow. Supporter

+1,905
    Australia
    Anglican
    Married
    The Politifact site quoted above says:

Trump's statement is ridiculously wrong -- since 1997, nine major tax bills have passed with tens of billions of dollars in cuts. We rate his statement Pants on Fire.​

5. Saucy

Saucy CF's resident Norse Irishman Supporter

+12,716
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    He said taxes havent been lowered in years. That's true. It hasn't. Of course, the context of his comment was that taxes havent undergone that much of a change since Reagan. The liberals know this, but cant resist the urge to call Trump a liar yet again.

6. Dale

Dale Senior Veteran

+337
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat

I know what the story was on tax cuts at the height of the recession where I live. Federal taxes have been cut, state taxes have been cut, and local taxes have been cut. Also, property tax revenues were down because property values were down. Yet if you ask one of these Tea Party types, "What's the number one issue?" you often get the answer: "Cut taxes!"

Does anyone remember when every taxpayer got a $600 tax rebate from the Obama Administration? Or has that been bleeped out like so much of our recent history?

7. Christie insb

Christie insb Well-Known Member

+363
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I just wanted to say I thought the $600 came from the younger Bush's administration. Otherwise I like hearing like-minded people.

8. Dale

Dale Senior Veteran

+337
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat

You are correct. It was signed by George W. Bush as part of the package to head off the recession. Bush signed it in 2008 during his last months in office. I had remembered that I received the refund during the Obama Administration.