Senate Passes Omnibus Spending Bill Funding Government Through Most of Next Year with 14 Republicans joining Democrats in passage

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes. I see how your overwhelming hatred of liberals has left you confused on who to blame.
I do not hate liberals in leadership or those that put them there but I do hate the policies and effects they have had on this nation. If you want to see real hatred just say anything positive about Trump and you can witness the hatred you speak of. I am not confused about what is happening in this country liberal leadership is destroying this nation and sad to say some of them are Republicans.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you don't think churches can be overly political, just look at the Religious Right movement in the U.S
And just how is the religious right harming this nation? One would think a little Godly influence would be a good thing!

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,944.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I do not hate liberals in leadership or those that put them there but I do hate the policies and effects they have had on this nation. If you want to see real hatred just say anything positive about Trump and you can witness the hatred you speak of. I am not confused about what is happening in this country liberal leadership is destroying this nation and sad to say some of them are Republicans.
I have said positive things about Trump multiple times and had no hatred directed at me from "the left".

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The bill contains over 7,200 projects, often known as “pork,” up from the 4,962 that were in the last spending package passed in April. Members in both parties stuffed these provisions into the bill, but Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) is the only Democrat in either chamber to vote “no” who secured $20 million worth of funding for projects in her district.

3,600,000 to name a trail after Michelle Obama.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,580.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
The bill contains over 7,200 projects, often known as “pork,” up from the 4,962 that were in the last spending package passed in April. Members in both parties stuffed these provisions into the bill, but Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) is the only Democrat in either chamber to vote “no” who secured $20 million worth of funding for projects in her district.

The trail was already named after her, by the local government. This money for was for improvements of some sort, though I will admit i don't know what they are.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The trail was already named after her, by the local government. This money for was for improvements of some sort, though I will admit i don't know what they are.
The trail was renamed after Obama back in 2018. There is maintenance that has to be done to maintain the trail just like any trail. This trail begins with an asphalt parking area, the trail itself is 6ft wide and also asphalt except where it's a wooden bridge. The vegetation is kept cut down along the path, good to be able to spot snakes. Signs become weathered and must be replaced. Asphalt cracks and eventually must be maintained. And not everyone is good about not leaving trash so someone has to be responsible for keeping the trail clean.

I imagine that these monies are for maintenance and repairs and possibly to be budgeted over several years. I googled to see what was what.

• Informative
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
18 GOP Senators in all voted for it. 4 are leaving office. But let's give the remaining 14 some acknowledgement:

McConnell of Kentucky
Collins of Maine
Romney of Utah
Graham of SC
Murkowski of Alaska
Cornyn of Texas
Thune of SD
Cotton of Arkansas
Young of Indiana
Moore Capito of WV
Boozman of Arkansas
Moran of Kansas
Rounds of SD
Wicker of Mississippi

It's as if they were willing to overlook being called a threat to Democracy.

That....or they simply had too much of their donors' interests tied up in the bill.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
From the linked article:
“Harmful provisions of the omnibus:
  • Provides $1.563 billion for CBP "border management" but does not allow using those funds to hire permanent border security officers, deport illegal aliens (only allows transportation to American communities), or expand border security technologies and capabilities unless it is for improving the processing of illegal aliens. This is not "border management," it is $1.563 billion to essentially convert CBP into a federal travel agency for illegal aliens.”
Omnibus Spending Bill Does Not Secure the Border, but Further Incentivizes and Enables Illegal Immigration, Charges FAIR
Ugh. Well, I guess that's how Republicans intend to kill Obama care.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
too much spending on ICE and border guards
How much too much?

A few Republicans voted for this mess of a bill but I doubt very seriously they had much of a say in writing it.

I doubt Democrats had much hand in writing it.

Yes, there should be a new law that gives legal status to Dreamers

I would have agreed awhile back...but this Administration seems to just keeps proving its inability to implement any large scale programs without embarrassing itself.

and authorizes more money for border security, and also including the equivalent of Rule 42.

You mean Title 42?

There also needs to be a way to allow in more needed documented workers.

They can issue as many visas as they like.

There also should be a re-instatement of the increase to the child tax credit..

I don't mind helping parents of 1 child family that are under a certain household income level. 2 children or if children outnumber parents....no.

But we're done until September, given a House Speaker who will cooperate on no legislation.

He seems to have committed himself to some investigations.

The Speaker's arm will be twisted In September or there will be a government shutdown and a government default on the US debt.

The old staring contest.

He will be "convinced" to put a compromise bill on the floor, after which many Republicans will vote for a compromise agreed to in the Senate. But that is a long, long time in the future.

It all depends on those investigations.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The spending package pours money into border security for other nations,
but provides virtually nothing for America’s own border security.
1. There's no way that money goes into "border security" for other nations.
2. If any Democrat voting for this believes it does...they're too ignorant to represent the average person.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
1) Households borrow for all types of things. The vast majority of households have debt. So, you don't have a mortgage and pay cash for cars and trucks? You and your children paid cash for college, taking out no loans. Congrats if you never borrow. Most don't operate that way.

Those have to be paid back.

2) The entire economy would collapse if businesses never borrowed.

Yeah, but those have to be paid back.

3) We only complain about deficits and debt when the other party holds the presidency.

Not true...I've seen Republicans complain about Republicans. Bush was a good example.

One of the cliche jokes environmentalists make is that the only people who believe in endless growth are Republicans and economists.

Well the only people who believe in endless debt are Democrats.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,580.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
1. There's no way that money goes into "border security" for other nations.
2. If any Democrat voting for this believes it does...they're too ignorant to represent the average person.
I think that's code for Ukraine aid.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I think that's code for Ukraine aid.

One of Pelosi's rare gaffes before leaving office when asked about the border crisis....

"We need those people to pick crops and clean rooms."

You know, the sort of work slaves used to do. You might think that’s hyperbolic....after all, we used to buy those slaves from foreign leaders and bring them here. Now we give them a few billion in aid to increase their border security.

Thr conversation goes like this....

Harris- We want to give you 3 billion in aid to prevent the 2 million poor people from fleeing your country....wink*wink*

Guatemalan president- Sure sure....and if I manage to succeed in this task?

Harris- Then we've solved the problem, 2 million poor stay in your nation, and you won't need further funding for "border security"....wink*wink*.

Guatemalan president- We'll do everything we can to make it look like we're making some kind of effort.

Upvote 0