Dec 29, 2013
✟347,449.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green

Trump is unable to make $464 million [including the interest] bond in civil fraud case, his lawyers tell court

“The amount of the judgment, with interest, exceeds $464 million, and very few bonding companies will consider a bond of anything approaching that magnitude,” Trump’s lawyers wrote.

Potential underwriters are seeking cash to back the bond, not properties, according to Trump’s lawyers.
This is what happens when you have a reputation for not paying your bills and over valuing your assets.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
How many more wealthy conservative businessmen will the courts in New York sue under this obscure law that has very rarely been enforced this way?
Ideally, all the ones who violate it.

It's important to note that most experts in this topic have told news sources that the so-called over valuing or even under valuing of property by owners is a very common practice in New York and other states.
Then I guess the prosecutor has some work to do.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The history of favoritism in NY towards the left and liberalism.
One can certainly make that claim with regards to the legislative and executive branches (especially in NYC).

However, I don't think it applies to this judge.
While this judge in question is a registered Democrat, a look at some past rulings and statements would suggest that he's not a "blue no matter who" type, and has previously ruled in ways that weren't within the Democratic consensus or "liberal orthodoxy" for lack of a better term.

For instance, the last high profile case this judge was involved in back in 2020, was one where he granted a restraining order against the New York State Liquor Authority, in favor of a place that had been allowing some prohibited large gatherings in violation of the Covid restrictions, thereby allowing the establishment to keep their liquor license and remain open. Such a ruling would indicate that this judge in question isn't the type to "just go along with everything NYC progressives want"

He's also issued rulings against NYC zoning committees and expressed sentiments of "getting government out of the way", as he said the city regulations on new housing permits -- his words “seems like Rube Goldberg, Franz Kafka, and the Marquis de Sade cooked it up over martinis.”

He also had notable rulings against then-mayor Bloomberg (a democrat) and his administration.

This judge has also describes himself as a "free speech absolutist" and has had affiliations with libertarian leaning organizations going back to 1994.

So, Trump's situation doesn't seem to be the result of some sort of "activist partisan judge" as Trump and his team like to suggest.

It's a case where Trump was being deliberately difficult throughout the process by purposely dragging his feet with regards to complying with subpoenas, making disparaging social media posts about court staffers and not promptly removing them when asked, etc... and then trying to play the victim when the judge imposes the contempt fine that he told him he was going to enforce if he didn't start cooperating.

"I'm giving you a warning about X and Y... if you don't start doing X in a timely manner, and don't stop doing Y, I'm going to find you in contempt and fine you"
(Trump decides to keep on Trumpin')
"Okay, well I've warned you multiple times about these, you're officially getting a 110k fine"

Trump: "It's a Democrat Trump-hating far-left judge, this is all rigged against me"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
This is an outrage!

1710817203331.png

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Must not have sold enough pairs of sneakers.
Or steaks. I remember a thread recently-ish lamenting a downturn in beef sales. I guess this is more fallout from that.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Trump is unable to make $464 million [including the interest] bond in civil fraud case, his lawyers tell court

“The amount of the judgment, with interest, exceeds $464 million, and very few bonding companies will consider a bond of anything approaching that magnitude,” Trump’s lawyers wrote.

Potential underwriters are seeking cash to back the bond, not properties, according to Trump’s lawyers.
Wait, didn't Trump claim he was so rich, he'd have no problem paying this?

Oh wait, the fraud....right....

-- A2SG, inflating your value apparently has consequences....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Or steaks. I remember a thread recently-ish lamenting a downturn in beef sales. I guess this is more fallout from that.
I’m thinking maybe the steaks and shoes are one and the same.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Trump insists he's sitting on almost $500,000,000 in cash!

View attachment 344477

Trump's lawyers:

'That's not the actual amount': Trump's lawyers scramble to explain $500M boast

That's quite a bit of verbal diarrhea he put in his "Truth" social post lol

Combination of unverifiable boasting, lies about the judge being a "often overturned hack judge"...finished off with a random reference to communism that doesn't appear to have anything to do with the rest of it.

It looks like something ChatGPT would spit out if given the prompt:
"If Donald Trump were on trial and faced with a half billion dollar fine, and asked Alex Jones to write a rebuttal speech for him, what would it say? and write it in all caps"

Upvote 0