Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually, that is what you just did today. I should have been more direct and thought you would get the post. You did not.

I got your weak attempt at a "gotcha". However, I'm trying not to take this thread off topic. If you'd like to talk about this in the other thread, I'll be more than happy to talk about there.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
  • Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,323.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
You’re right, I should not have responded to an off topic post. My apologies.

What would you like to discuss about Desantis? Who is the topic of this thread.
Given his polling numbers do you think he has a chance in the primary? I'm hoping that the field does not become to crowded. Frankly I would prefer Nicky as a republican candidate but I don't see it happening with the current situation.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,055.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Given his polling numbers do you think he has a chance in the primary? I'm hoping that the field does not become to crowded. Frankly I would prefer Nicky as a republican candidate but I don't see it happening with the current situation.
I think he is the only one with enough name recognition and tract record to compete. There have been a number of key Trump people who have endorsed him

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,323.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I think he is the only one with enough name recognition and tract record to compete. There have been a number of key Trump people who have endorsed him
It makes sense and I certainly would prefer him to Trump. We will see if he can overcome his mistakes to date. Picking a fight with Disney did himself no favors. His moves in the realm of the culture wars have otherwise served him well.

Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
The only way DeSantis wins against Trump is if Trump is actually indicted and sent to the Trump wing of Riker's Island where his COO is going to end up again. The Trump statement of shooting someone broad daylight in the middle of Time Square and not lose supporters is a pretty accurate assessment. Coddling Trump won't help DeSantis. Trying to out Trump Trump won't help DeSantis. Attacking Trump won't help DeSantis.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wonder if all DeSantis fans agree that the way he seizes power, the Constitution, ethics and morals be da**ed, is ok.

Firing district attorneys who disagree with his program, forcing cruise ships to disregard public health--and their own liability, dictating what courses public colleges can teach, banning books, attacking the state's biggest employer and tourist attraction and losing their billions dollar office project, etc.

Conservatives seem happy he takes the 'short cut' to protect them, but his imperious, callous, dismissive law unto himself manner means he can turn against them just as easily.

I'm confused. Weren't you all excited when Biden tried to forgive student loan debt by executive action? Is short-cutting only approved by you when your guy is the one doing it?

Reactions: RoBo1988
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I'm confused. Weren't you all excited when Biden tried to forgive student loan debt by executive action? Is short-cutting only approved by you when your guy is the one doing it?
Can we really compare a unilateral action of trying to forgive student loan debt to unilaterally fire people who oppose his agenda or tell college students what are classes they cannot study? There is no comparison. To better understand, try seeing the proposed action from the perspective of the heart. Forgiving debt is a charitable action, whereas firing somebody for disagreeing is mean spirited and selfish.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“It is time we impose our will on Washington, D.C.,” [Whose will would that be?]

...Desantis speaking at an evangelical church in Des Moines.

In a strident speech, he painted a dark picture of America, saying he would be a salve to a “malignant ideology” that was taking hold across the nation. He described children facing “indoctrination.” He mocked transgender athletes, denounced the “woke Olympics” of diversity programs and reveled in his battle with Disney.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
“It is time we impose our will on Washington, D.C.,” [Whose will would that be?]

...Desantis speaking at an evangelical church in Des Moines.

In a strident speech, he painted a dark picture of America, saying he would be a salve to a “malignant ideology” that was taking hold across the nation. He described children facing “indoctrination.” He mocked transgender athletes, denounced the “woke Olympics” of diversity programs and reveled in his battle with Disney.

This is pure populism, he’s identified the “enemy” and can define it any way he wants, because he’s trying to build a coalition-of-the-angry in this nation.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
They should consider the cartels as terrorist orgs
Terrorism is usually limited to violence to bring about the things desired to come about by those doing the terrorizing.
If terrorism is a “business model”, then other U.S. Code would likely apply.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can we really compare a unilateral action of trying to forgive student loan debt ...

Yes.

The power of the purse rests with Congress, not executive action from the President. Biden's student loan forgiveness was a (thus far failed) attempt to bypass Congress. A "short cut" if you will.

To better understand, try seeing the proposed action from the perspective of the heart. Forgiving debt is a charitable action, whereas firing somebody for disagreeing is mean spirited and selfish.

You don't get to bypass the legislative process just because you deem it a worthy cause. Checks and balances exist for a reason, and you either support them or you support bypassing them. You don't get to pick and choose when it's OK to bypass them.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Yes.

The power of the purse rests with Congress, not executive action from the President. Biden's student loan forgiveness was a (thus far failed) attempt to bypass Congress. A "short cut" if you will.

You don't get to bypass the legislative process just because you deem it a worthy cause. Checks and balances exist for a reason, and you either support them or you support bypassing them. You don't get to pick and choose when it's OK to bypass them.

This guy bypassed Congress. Your thoughts?

Upvote 0