Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bravo for him.

From Twitter:

During Twitter announcement Desantis responds on the immigration crisis: If I were President I would reverse everything Biden is doing. We’ll declare a national emergency on day 1, construct a border wall, reimplement remain in Mexico, and deal with the cartels that are trafficking people and fentanyl to our country. We can’t allow these criminal organizations to continue poisoning our population.

Common sense. IMHO

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder if DeSantis walls would fall over as fast as Trump's have? At the same time, since almost all of the border policies of Biden's are ones that are carried over from Trump, he'd reverse all of Trump's border policies?

Upvote 0

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bravo for him.

From Twitter:

During Twitter announcement Desantis responds on the immigration crisis: If I were President I would reverse everything Biden is doing. We’ll declare a national emergency on day 1, construct a border wall, reimplement remain in Mexico, and deal with the cartels that are trafficking people and fentanyl to our country. We can’t allow these criminal organizations to continue poisoning our population.

Common sense. IMHO

This is what needs to be done, if America has any chance of pulling ourselves out of being a third world country that Biden has put us in.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Third world countries are often run by dictators.
They suppress rights and destroy their opposition.
They seek to control media and education and tailor them to their message.

Sounds a lot like DeSantis and Florida.

And he is telling you he plans on declaring an emergency and seizing absolute power.

He's telling you in plain English.

Believe him---and vote for an honest decent Republican in the primary. They are in it to keep their party from destroying America.

Believe DeSantis--and run in the other direction.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Third world countries are often run by dictators.
They suppress rights and destroy their opposition.
They seek to control media and education and tailor them to their message.

Sounds like the Democratic Party.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We are a compassionate nation, and I believe the direction Biden moving in is the best one.

By establishing ways would be asylum-seekers can initiate the process in their home countries, those cases would be adjudicated before they travel to the U.S. only to be turned back at the border.

Because there are so many areas of the border that can't be effectively walled off, due to mountainous terrain and rivers, the wall isn't the answer.

Drone patrolling could be cost effective and alert border patrol to areas where breakthroughs are taking place.

Attempts to infer that many if not most immigrants are drug pushers, members of cartels, etc. is beneath contempt. I believe that that myth was one of the earliest of Trump's 20,000 plus lies.

Most immigrants are poor desperate people who need to be treated humanely and respectfully because America is a just and compassionate nation (of course, if DeSantis is elected, all bets are off...) The immigrants I know are honest, hardworking people looking for a decent life.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Bravo for him.

From Twitter:

Common sense. IMHO

Yes I listened to his announcement discussion on Twitter live...

While there was a lot of technical issues I did like what I heard...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Building a wall was, and still is a failed endeavor to keep drugs or people out of the USA, and politicians know this. However the grift and anger generated by republicans to receive donations is the real objective. Desantis has no new ideas other than how to generate donations through scare tactics.

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Speak for yourself when you say that "most of us" like most of the laws DeSantis muscled through a complicit Florida legislature.

I'm not a Floridian, but my husband and I have three siblings and their families in Florida, and only one (the military retiree) supports him. The others are horrified and appalled at most of what DeSantis has done.

• Informative
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟194,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Bravo for him.

From Twitter:

During Twitter announcement Desantis responds on the immigration crisis: If I were President I would reverse everything Biden is doing.
He'll stop the job creation, and increase the deficit?

We’ll declare a national emergency on day 1, construct a border wall
Trump already constructed the border wall, and Mexico paid for it, remember?
deal with the cartels that are trafficking people and fentanyl to our country. We can’t allow these criminal organizations to continue poisoning our population.
The war on drugs has been such a success!
Common sense. IMHO
Why not legalize drugs and put the cartels out of business overnight?

• Winner
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
He'll stop the job creation, and increase the deficit?

I don't think this sort of "libs bad! me smash!" kind of messaging is designed to appeal to people who have any sort of understanding of policy or economics.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
It'll be interesting to see how Trump's base treats DeSantis. Will they look at him as a traitor once he starts seriously swinging at Trump? Or will they consider him as a reasonable alternative to Trump? My initial impression is that DeSantis won't stand a chance unless something forces Trump to drop out early.

I can't vote for DeSantis, and I can't vote for Biden unless he runs against Trump. So if it comes down to DeSantis vs Biden, I'll just abstain and focus on the other races.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
.....I can't vote for DeSantis, and I can't vote for Biden unless he runs against Trump. So if it comes down to DeSantis vs Biden, I'll just abstain and focus on the other races.
They seem quite different on many dimensions. Why cant you find something preferable about one of them?

Upvote 0