Los Angeles Area
✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis plans to officially enter the 2024 presidential race next week, as the Republican gathers top fundraisers in Miami, according to two people familiar with the plans.

The second-term governor, widely considered at present to be the most viable GOP challenger to former president Donald Trump, has been laying the groundwork for a campaign for months. In speeches around the country, he has touted his landslide reelection win last year and his sweeping legislative agenda in Florida — passed this spring by GOP supermajorities — and also implicitly pitched himself as a better bet than Trump in the general election.

Representatives for DeSantis’s political team declined to comment.

DeSantis is headed back to New Hampshire this week ahead of his official launch.

Speaking of the legislature doing his bidding, they changed the law that required officeholders to resign if they ran for another office three weeks ago.

DeSantis’s team is convening donors at a Four Seasons hotel in Miami from May 24 to 26 for a gathering expected to start raising money for a presidential campaign, people familiar with the event said.

Whew, good thing Rudy is on Team Trump.

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks.... I think this is good.. no offense be nice to get someone that's not to left or right. Its hard to find anyone anywhere that can talk debate whats going on without making it personal. Not sure where DeSantis sits I think is more right which is better then far left praise GOD.. praise GOD because He sent His only son to die for the worlds sin.. loves you does not condemn you.. He is NOT like man.. takes you as you are

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,343.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
If he can also shake the foundations of politics that the people have been taught to accept, but with a saner approach and speech, he stand a good chance.
which ones are those? Do you mean, like democracy and voting?

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,583.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I thought, based on my examples, that you would have been a bit, you know, specific.
What's to be specific.? The same system people have followed for decades that got them so shook up when Trump came along playing by his own rules upsetting the status quo. Leading the masses by the nose as it had was out the window.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,343.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
What's to be specific.? The same system people have followed for decades that got them so shook up when Trump came along playing by his own rules upsetting the status quo. Leading the masses by the nose as it had was out the window.
Come on man. Put some INTELLECTUAL rigor into your posts.

You say the establishment produces "nonsense" and cannot htink of a single example of said "nonsense"? What are you even trying to say?

It's like the perfect Trump supporter. ONLY he could have done what he did. ONLY he can save America. ONLY he can give you what you so desperately want for America.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,583.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Come on man. Put some INTELLECTUAL rigor into your posts.
Such is the response of one so wrapped up in the system. As an outsider with no interest in the system it is plain to see, and actually that system has been the culture that the counter-culture has been up against for centuries. What you are and represent is the definition you seek and long live the media that keeps you in line.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,343.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Such is the response of one so wrapped up in the system. As an outsider with no interest in the system it is plain to see, and actually that system has been the culture that the counter-culture has been up against for centuries. What you are and represent is the definition you seek and long live the media that keeps you in line.
Help me break free of the system then, man. Show me how right you are with information instead of empty teenager platitudes!

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,583.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Help me break free of the system then, man.
Stop thinking what is best for you and yours and instead focus on what is best for ALL (no nation or political party does that), and ALL is not what one team in the game believes is best for all while simply promoting itself and it's self interests. You'll find yourself isolated caring for all rather than self interests, but at least on the right path, especially as a Christian.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,343.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Stop thinking what is best for you and yours and instead focus on what is best for ALL, and that is not what one team in the game believes is best for all while simply promoting itself and it's self interests. You'll find yourself isolated caring for all rather than self interests, but at least on the right path, especially as a Christian.
Well I already do that. My wife gets frustrated with that saying I do it too much.

I don't think anyone has EVER understood the dichotomy of American politics outside of what you explain. But as has been argued, people are voting out of "fear" not self interest.

That's what makes politics in America and weirder. People are voting FOR people who do not maintain infrastructure, who pass measures who endanger their communities. They vote for people who never support workers in a meaningful way and frequently enrich those who already have a lot of money.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,583.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
But as has been argued, people are voting out of "fear" not self interest.
Yes, once the system learns to lead the people by playing on their emotions as we have especially seen before the last presidential election there, all is lost for the people and all they have left is a divisive spirit. This used to destroy nations but today the people no longer control the parties of politics so it matters not how divisive they get. Corporatism controls it all and they are united in their desire for one world power So why waste out time playing these games that everyone fights over these days from weapons to gender and all else?
Why not focus on the big players instead of all the little feuds and spats they encourage? Human strength is being wasted and that is precisely the point of their encouragement of this game we the masses play within their system.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If he can also shake the foundations of politics that the people have been taught to accept, but with a saner approach and speech, he stand a good chance.

What is this "saner approach" that Mr. DeSantis practices? I find myself unable to detect it.

Upvote 0