Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
A lot of what you said in your OP does make sense, .. but .. in my mind there are a few sentences staring with "but" in my statement. It also appears to me that Adam Maarshalk has come to a few of his conclusions by conjecture.

BUT I don't want to torpedo your thread, and since I'm not a Preterist, I hope you'll understand that if I bring up my "buts", it's not to torpedo your thread or your views.
Is this directed towards me (because I didn't begin this thread)? But I did bring up Adam Maarschalk's paper.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So you believe what antichrists believe?
The Jews were not Christians to begin with, who left Christianity to deny Jesus, and thus are not antichrists. But are they influenced by the spirit of antichrist that was at work even in John's day? yes.

But I don't believe as the Jews believe. The Jews do not believe that there will be an Antichrist. The same you do. The Jews do not believe that the 7 year 70th remains, the same as you do. The Jews do not believe the 7 years following the destruction of Gog's army in Ezekiel 39 is the 70th week of Daniel 9:27, the same as you do. Eschatological wise, you have many things in common with the Jews, that I don't.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The Jews were not Christians to begin with, who left Christianity to deny Jesus, and thus are not antichrists
I think context may be getting in the way here.

If a person denies Christ was who He said He was (God).....then wouldn't they be "against what Christ prophesed".....thus "anti-Christ"?

If the historical view of Daniel's 70 weeks has been that it's ALL about Christ Jesus and fulfilled in the first century......isn't it "anti-Christ" to perceive that prophecy to be about a counterfeit?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Spiritual Jew
Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Your eschatology, partial preterism, is out of line with God, as is covenant theology movement, as is new covenant theology movement, as is ideology movement, as is Judaism. The decades long, centuries long, charade is about to come to an end.
Okay. I'll put this in my folder to remind you later.

Except.....if your "about to" translates to how you read the disciples "about to".....neither of us will be here thousands of years from today.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If a person denies Christ was who He said He was (God).....then wouldn't they be "against what Christ prophesed".....thus "Anti-Christ"?
They would be under the influence of the spirit of antichrist.

The antichrists that John spoke of were persons who left Chrsitianity, only to afterward deny Jesus, as the son of God, and God Himself.

18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Okay. I'll put this in my folder to remind you later.

Except.....if your "about to" translates to how you read the disciples "about to".....neither of us will be here thousands of years from today.
As soon as the little horn person comes to power, and I identify him as such, then you can pull out your note. Before the end of 2030. Likely, very much closer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
As soon as the little horn person comes to power, and I identify him as such, then you can pull out your note. Before the end of 2030. Likely, very much closer.
I'll put a reminder in my phone.

But I'm not sure why Jesus's words are brushed aside, when He identified the responsible generation that the curses of the Mosaic Covenant were due to fall on (especially when we have evidence of that fulfillment).

Luke 11:50
As a result, this generation [30-70 AD] will be charged with the blood of all the prophets that has been shed since the foundation of the world

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Jews were not Christians to begin with, who left Christianity to deny Jesus, and thus are not antichrists.

The Holy Spirit and John disagree with you

1 John 2:22
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

But I don't believe as the Jews believe. The Jews do not believe that there will be an Antichrist. The same you do. The Jews do not believe that the 7 year 70th remains, the same as you do. The Jews do not believe the 7 years following the destruction of Gog's army in Ezekiel 39 is the 70th week of Daniel 9:27, the same as you do. Eschatological wise, you have many things in common with the Jews, that I don't.

Since they don't believe in Christ, I have nothing in common with them because, unlike yours, my perspective is Christ-centered.

You and I and the entire human race have DNA in common with the Jews.

Let's see some links to your claims about the Jews' beliefs.

The JWs believe in a millennium, the same as you do.
The LDSs believe in a millennium, the same as you do.

You have that belief in common with the cults. I don't.

What do you have in common with the devils?

James 2
19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Are you a devil because you have a belief in common with them?

• Winner
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Since they don't believe in Christ, I have nothing in common with them because, unlike yours, my perspective is Christ-centered.
I wrote eschatology-wise you have much in common with the Jews (Judaism).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Exactly. That is what John was writing about....and it was happening in John's day.....that is how John was reassured they were, indeed, in "the last days".

1 John 2:18
Dear children, the last hour is here. You have heard that the Antichrist is coming, and already many such antichrists have appeared. From this we know that the last hour has come.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Exactly. That is what John was writing about....and it was happening in John's day.....that is how John was reassured they were, indeed, in "the last days".

1 John 2:18
Dear children, the last hour is here. You have heard that the Antichrist is coming, and already many such antichrists have appeared. From this we know that the last hour has come.
I would suggest using the KJV.

18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

John was living in the last days before the Jews would be led into the nations. Which during their exile, the gospel would be spread throughout the entire world unto all nations. Which the Jews returned to the land of Israel, and Israel became a nation again, in one day, fulfilling Isaiah 66:7-8.

Partial Preterism, Covenant theology movement, New Covenant theology movement, Ideaology are not going change the fact that Ezekiel 38-39 has not happened yet, and is prophesied to happen in the latter days, latter years. Which Israel has to be a nation again for that prophesy to take place. And the nation of Israel over there is it.

The little horn, the transgression of desolation he commits, the confirmation of the Mt. Sinai covenant, the Hakhel, for 7 years, the 70th week of Daniel 9:27, the Antichrist, the revealed man of sin, the beast, the abomination of desolation, the rapture, the great tribulation, Jesus's return, the gathering of the elect, the House of Israel, are all to take place during the end times parable of the fig tree generation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Do you have much in common with cults and devils?
The verse you quoted does not say cults.

James 2
19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

The devils do not worship and praise God.

jgr, you are trying to divert attention away from your eschatology. Instead, I suggest you take a long look at your eschatology.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The verse you quoted does not say cults.

James 2

The devils do not worship and praise God.

jgr, you are trying to divert attention away from your eschatology. Instead, I suggest you take a long look at your eschatology.

Douggg, I would suggest that you expel the Jews and Israel and antichrist and futurized fantasies and all other distractions from your eschatology, and focus on Jesus alone, whose testimony is the spirit of prophecy. (Revelation 19:10)

Your eschatology is lifeless without Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Douggg, I would suggest that you expel the Jews and Israel and antichrist and futurized fantasies and all other distractions from your eschatology, and focus on Jesus alone, whose testimony is the spirit of prophecy. (Revelation 19:10)

Your eschatology is lifeless without Him.
The focus is not on me but your eschatology because you do not accept that Ezekiel 38-39 is in the latter days, latter years after the Jews have come out of the nations back to the land of Israel - and are a country again.

Jesus Himself speaking in Ezekiel 39:21-29 having returned to this earth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zao is life

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Africa
Visit site
✟183,148.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is this directed towards me (because I didn't begin this thread)? But I did bring up Adam Maarschalk's paper.
Yes, I don't know why I was linking you to the OP. Apologies.

• Friendly
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The focus is not on me but your eschatology because you do not accept that Ezekiel 38-39 is in the latter days, latter years after the Jews have come out of the nations back to the land of Israel - and are a country again.

Jesus Himself speaking in Ezekiel 39:21-29 having returned to this earth.

Lifeless distractions until you recognize everything that Christ has accomplished at and since Calvary.

Your futurized fantasies and fallacies have left you with nothing but a dead carcass and a hollow shell.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would suggest using the KJV.

John was living in the last days before the Jews would be led into the nations. Which during their exile, the gospel would be spread throughout the entire world unto all nations. Which the Jews returned to the land of Israel, and Israel became a nation again, in one day, fulfilling Isaiah 66:7-8.

Partial Preterism, Covenant theology movement, New Covenant theology movement, Ideaology are not going change the fact that Ezekiel 38-39 has not happened yet, and is prophesied to happen in the latter days, latter years. Which Israel has to be a nation again for that prophesy to take place. And the nation of Israel over there is it.

The little horn, the transgression of desolation he commits, the confirmation of the Mt. Sinai covenant, the Hakhel, for 7 years, the 70th week of Daniel 9:27, the Antichrist, the revealed man of sin, the beast, the abomination of desolation, the rapture, the great tribulation, Jesus's return, the gathering of the elect, the House of Israel, are all to take place during the end times parable of the fig tree generation.

All Israel are not born again believers by the new name our father named His bride Christians. God is no respecter of nations or families .

A nation or a people is simply when two or three (a family gathers) together under the hearing of faith as it is written

He is not served by human hands neither does he live in temples made with the corrupted hand of dying mankind. . sufferings the wage of sin death.

The last days or metaphoric time period signified by a thousands years (a unknown) had begun when Jesus said it is finished. The time of reformation had come ..His Spirit will come on the last day as a thief in the night

Kings in Israel the abomination of desolation had come to a end .The government . . where two or three are gathered together under His name. . the book of the law the Bible. It was restored to the period of Judges men and woman prophets from all nation . The promise of Joel

The Jewish nation never stopped being a Jewish nation as an outward Jew of the flesh.(the temporal what the eyes see. Today it would be impossible to trace back the division of tribes. The genealogy of the spiritual seed (Christ) ended with the Son of man, Jesus. Looking to fulfill it with a ongoing genealogy is fruitless .

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
All Israel are not born again believers by the new name our father named His bride Christians. God is no respecter of nations or families .

A nation or a people is simply when two or three (a family gathers) together under the hearing of faith as it is written

He is not served by human hands neither does he live in temples made with the corrupted hand of dying mankind. . sufferings the wage of sin death.

The last days or metaphoric time period signified by a thousands years (a unknown) had begun when Jesus said it is finished. The time of reformation had come ..His Spirit will come on the last day as a thief in the night

Kings in Israel the abomination of desolation had come to a end .The government . . where two or three are gathered together under His name. . the book of the law the Bible. It was restored to the period of Judges men and woman prophets from all nation . The promise of Joel

The Jewish nation never stopped being a Jewish nation as an outward Jew of the flesh.(the temporal what the eyes see. Today it would be impossible to trace back the division of tribes. The genealogy of the spiritual seed (Christ) ended with the Son of man, Jesus. Looking to fulfill it with a ongoing genealogy is fruitless .
Revelation 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

When? In Revelation 19

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

What I suggest is that you begin to put together a timeline chart of events leading up to the visible return of Jesus coming in power and glory - based on information in the bible.

Here is one that I made...

upload_2020-11-22_3-51-1.jpeg

Upvote 0