Williamsburg
✟11,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
The rapidly escalating pressure on many Americans to get a COVID-19 vaccine is undermining trust in public health, according to Martin Kulldorf, a professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School...

Kulldorf has long worked on vaccines, including messaging surrounding the shots.

“There’s a small group of people who are against vaccines but they haven’t really been influential. They’re very vocal, but they haven’t been influential because most people trust the vaccines and have confidence in them. What the vaccine, I would call them vaccine fanatics who are demanding vaccine passports and vaccine mandates, pushing for that—they have done more damage to the confidence in vaccines than these so called anti-vaxxers have ever been able to do,”

Even if people are coerced into getting a jab, “it will turn them off from public health, it will make them distrust public health and turn off from other vaccines that are not mandatory,” he added. “So it has sort of ripple effects on other aspects of public health that are very unfortunate.”

The Sweden native noted that confidence in vaccines remains high in his homeland, where no mandates are in place.

Coercing People to Get COVID-19 Vaccines Is Damaging Trust in Public Health: Harvard Professor

• Agree
Reactions: sandman

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It would be interesting to know the vaccination rates among some of the minority religious groups that have been known for things like pacifism, separation from the World etc. groups like the Amish and other Mennonites, Quakers and so on....

I can't image their vaccination rates being equal to the rest of the general population, and that seems to be bearing out as far as articles on the internet. Quakers seem to be mainstream on embracing everything from the CDC.

Amish put faith in God's will and herd immunity over vaccine

Ohio’s Amish Suffered a Lot From Covid, but Vaccines Are Still a Hard Sell

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Fr. Appletree
Upvote 0

Fr. Appletree

Priest of The Society of St. Pius V
Jun 24, 2021
Williamsburg
✟11,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
It would be interesting to know the vaccination rates among some of the minority religious groups that have been known for things like pacifism, separation from the World etc. groups like the Amish and other Mennonites, Quakers and so on....

I can't image their vaccination rates being equal to the rest of the general population, and that seems to be bearing out as far as articles on the internet. Quakers seem to be mainstream on embracing everything from the CDC.

Amish put faith in God's will and herd immunity over vaccine

Ohio’s Amish Suffered a Lot From Covid, but Vaccines Are Still a Hard Sell

You can add the Orthodox Jews to that list. Covid Mandates are going to start looking antisemitic.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The rapidly escalating pressure on many Americans to get a COVID-19 vaccine is undermining trust in public health, according to Martin Kulldorf, a professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School...

Kulldorf has long worked on vaccines, including messaging surrounding the shots.

“There’s a small group of people who are against vaccines but they haven’t really been influential. They’re very vocal, but they haven’t been influential because most people trust the vaccines and have confidence in them. What the vaccine, I would call them vaccine fanatics who are demanding vaccine passports and vaccine mandates, pushing for that—they have done more damage to the confidence in vaccines than these so called anti-vaxxers have ever been able to do,”

Even if people are coerced into getting a jab, “it will turn them off from public health, it will make them distrust public health and turn off from other vaccines that are not mandatory,” he added. “So it has sort of ripple effects on other aspects of public health that are very unfortunate.”

The Sweden native noted that confidence in vaccines remains high in his homeland, where no mandates are in place.

Coercing People to Get COVID-19 Vaccines Is Damaging Trust in Public Health: Harvard Professor
I didn't like being forced to wear seatbelts. Now I have to go brush my teeth.

Upvote 0

mindfulzen

Aug 4, 2021
south
✟6,349.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

This is true. I think the confidence in it is high in Norway too, apparently 78% have gotten the first jab now. And it is not just a distrust in public health, but you get a distrust of all federal institutions if you use force. You get societal distrust between those who support it and the rest. Basically dividing the people and the union, so dangerous game being played. The ripple effects will not stop for many decades. How you heal as a nation after this, I do not know, do not think you can. You may apologize, but I hardly think people will forgive it. Perhaps they can let go later.

Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2020
Virginia
✟95,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mark Dice has a video on YT, posing as someone needing signatures for an initiative demanding that people be arrested for refusing to vaccinate. It's quite scary seeing the number of people agreeable to signing thinking that this initiative will force the unvaccinated to be arrested.

Edit: video:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mindfulzen
Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's quite scary seeing the number of people agreeable to signing thinking that this initiative will force the unvaccinated to be arrested.

That's eventually what it's going to be, and they're going to have some sort of vaccine that you have to take every year that's going to do who knows what to you?

There's already been talk of "green zones", aka separating and segregating those who refuse from those who comply and they'll likely do it because there is no such thing as constitutional rights anymore in America. Those have been dead since 9/11/01 when the police state began.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Here's my problem with the vaccine. Firstly, you still have to wear a mask with it--not exactly a vote of confidence. Secondly, they're now saying you quickly need a booster (6 months out). Lastly, I heard doctors saying you should be fine if you've already had Covid. Now they're saying you need to get the vaccine.
I have a feeling that pharmaceutical companies are behind this push.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have a feeling that pharmaceutical companies are behind this push.

Bingo. Which is why they want you to get boosters already and are likely going to push to make this a yearly thing.

I regret having already got the Pfizer vaccine because it apparently does not stop you from catching or transmitting the virus, you know, that thing that vaccines are supposed to do. I have all my other vaccines and I never got polio, measles, mumps, or rubella... why does this vaccine not work like the others that I've gotten?

I'm waiting to see what the deal with the Novavax product is. I'm hoping that it can actually prevent you from contracting and spreading the disease, and that it's safe to get after already having had Pfizer or Moderna. If a better vaccine that actually does what vaccines are supposed to do comes out, I'll consider getting it if it's safe. But keep in mind that this is a man-made virus that likely escaped from a lab (if it wasn't released intentionally to create a global threat that the nations of the world would have to "unite" to stop, which is definitely a possibility) so due to the tinkering done in the gain-of-function research, there may not be an effective vaccine against it for many years, if ever.

Supposedly this virus shares some characteristics with HIV. I don't know if that's a fact, because I don't read enough about it but I'm not one of these "JUST BELIEVE TEH SCIENCE!" people, because their precious science is likely what created this disease. For a bigger purpose.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Supposedly this virus shares some characteristics with HIV. I don't know if that's a fact, because I don't read enough about it but I'm not one of these "JUST BELIEVE TEH SCIENCE!" people, because their precious science is likely what created this disease. For a bigger purpose.
There are people, I believe, that replaced God with science. They'll believe anything "science" says, until, of coarse it changes. Then they run with the next theory.

Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There are people, I believe, that replaced God with science.

You know, there was a great South Park episode making fun of those types of people. They worshiped a portrait of Richard Dawkins (whom I despise) and would say things like "Thank science!" and "Oh my science!"

Say what you want about South Park being "inappropriate", but when they get a good slow pitch right up the middle, they usually knock it out of the park.

Reactions: Chrystal-J
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You know, there was a great South Park episode making fun of those types of people. They worshiped a portrait of Richard Dawkins (whom I despise) and would say things like "Thank science!" and "Oh my science!"

Say what you want about South Park being "inappropriate", but when they get a good slow pitch right up the middle, they usually knock it out of the park.
I saw that! It’s when Cartman was frozen then thawed way into the future. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: BrAndreyu
Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I saw that!

It was remarkably prescient, what with the "I BELIEVE IN SCIENCE!" mantra that is coming from the media and universities.

The reason I loathe the phrase "I BELIEVE IN SCIENCE!" is because it doesn't matter if you "believe in" science, science is true regardless of whether or not you believe in it, like if we all decided to engage in a mass delusion tomorrow and say that we no longer believed in gravity and we all jumped off of the brooklyn bridge, we'd all still hit the East river. What we personally "believe" doesn't matter and this is why I see the phrase in and of itself as being purposely antagonistic to Christians, as the media narrative is that we're all stupid rubes who hate science. In reality, the Catholic church has always been very supportive of science, Galileo incident aside. We would be ages behind in the science of genetics and heredity if it weren't for a priest named Gregor Mendel and the Vatican has one of the best observatories in the world.

What the "believe in science" phrase specifically speaks to is an idea called "scientism": namely, that everything in the human experience can be boiled down to the scientific method and this is patently untrue. The scientific method cannot explain how a man can be murdered by an angry mob and then on the third day, be resurrected. Nor can it explain Fatima or Lourdes.

Science has it's place and it's very useful, but to pretend that everything in the universe boils down to the scientific method is a woeful misunderstanding of the discipline of science and it's purpose in helping us understand the universe that God created.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mindfulzen

Aug 4, 2021
south
✟6,349.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Haha, that sounds fun, and also like a documentary. Perhaps even a revelation of the future to come. God works in mysterious ways, perhaps he does influence south park to show us the future. It sounds like the episode where americans started a religion believing in the economy, and Kyle or stan became some sort of a God for questioning the economy, and the creditcardstuff people did. Do you have season and episode for this south park episode?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Haha, that sounds fun, and also like a documentary. Perhaps even a revelation of the future to come. God works in mysterious ways, perhaps he does influence south park to show us the future. It sounds like the episode where americans started a religion believing in the economy, and Kyle or stan became some sort of a God for questioning the economy, and the creditcardstuff people did. Do you have season and episode for this south park episode?
Here you go:

Go God Go" is the twelfth episode in the tenth season of the American animated television series South Park. The 151st episode of the series overall, it originally aired on Comedy Central in the United States on November 1, 2006. The episode is the first in a two-part story arc, which concludes with "Go God Go XII".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_God_Go

Reactions: mindfulzen
Upvote 0

mindfulzen

Aug 4, 2021
south
✟6,349.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Here you go:

Go God Go" is the twelfth episode in the tenth season of the American animated television series South Park. The 151st episode of the series overall, it originally aired on Comedy Central in the United States on November 1, 2006. The episode is the first in a two-part story arc, which concludes with "Go God Go XII".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_God_Go
Thanks buddy, this will be fun if I can find it. And there should be a thread about dawkins and some of the others, especially Sam Harris, who have gone totally off the deep end now. He lost his faith in non-faith it seems, and wokeness is his new religion now. Which is interesting turn of events, how can a dispassionate atheist who was so strong and calm, suddenly cowtow to the PCmob and become totally emotional? Do not know if there is a category for famous people or atheist people, so may not find a fitting category. Interresting in such a conversation disecting the atheist figures that are the atheist peoples go to guys?

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I never watched South Park, but I will admit I was amused when I saw this morale patch being passed around among military personnel, LOL:

Untitled.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0