Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
From what I have read, the racism practiced by the Japanese makes American racism look amateurish.

Imagine if there were people in America who looked just like all the rest of us, even genetically indistinguishable, but who had been for hundreds of years considered inferior and unclean. Imagine that some people had compiled books identifying them and their families so that businesses and other organizations would be able to know so they could exclude them.

That is how it was, and only now is changing in Japan. And until recently, when low birth rate started to threaten Japaneses society, they were very resistant to allowing more immigration. There is still a strong threat of Japanese xenophobia from the right in Japan, which (for example) has prevented Japanese politicians from acknowledging the atrocities committed by Japanese troops in WWII.

Not enough to dominate society, but enough to make such acknowledgements politically risky for any Japanese leader. A rather insular people.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Imagine if there were people in America who looked just like all the rest of us, even genetically indistinguishable, but who had been for hundreds of years considered inferior and unclean. Imagine that some people had compiled books identifying them and their families so that businesses and other organizations would be able to know so they could exclude them.

You won't have to imagine such a thing within a year from now.

• Agree
Reactions: HannahT
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You won't have to imagine such a thing within a year from now.

We came close to that Jan 6, but the good guys won. White nationalists will shortly be crawling back into the sewers.

Well, I guess the far right had always done that sort of thing with Jewish people. You probably know that they look pretty much like everyone else, and their genes are most like the non-Jewish people they live among.

So for things like belonging to country clubs and getting into universities, there was a good deal of discrimination based on more or less zero racial criteria. That's not even close to being as prevalent now as it was when I was younger.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We came close to that Jan 6, but the good guys won. White nationalists will shortly be crawling back into the sewers.

I disagree. The White Nationalists Bigots along with the Bigots that make programs to tell others to be 'less white' will always be with us. Sad as it is. They will continue to stir the pot of hate, and some others will be fooled into joining their propranda.

• Agree
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
....but the good guys won.

You mean Biden and the Democrats??? Please. They're no more "the good guys" than the Republicans are. Corrupt money-grubbing power-mongers, that's all any of them are. From both parties.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

You mean Biden and the Democrats???

I meant the guys defending the Constitution against the insurgents. That included police, national guard, Vice President Pence, and many people in Congress, including some republicans.

They're no more "the good guys" than the Republicans are.

I often wonder, if Trump had won the nomination in the democrat party, if we would have seen the same cowardly abandonment of principle (with notable exceptions, mind) from democrat office holders. I suspect we would have.

It's something we'll have to be working on for some time, I think.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

"Good" guys don't erect razor wire fences surrounding the nation's capitol and then attempt to portray half the country as being Nazis while hiding behind the troops guarding that razor wire fence.

• Winner
Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I meant the guys defending the Constitution against the insurgents. That included police, national guard, Vice President Pence, and many people in Congress, including some republicans.

Now that conservatives are losing their jobs for speaking freely, it doesn't appear that your "good guys defending the constitution" are doing a very good job of protecting it.

• Winner
Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Little kids usually don't get that kind of thing; unfortunately, they soon learn about it.
YOu're joking, right? Little kids are vicious, and any kid who's markedly different from the majority is fair game.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
YOu're joking, right? Little kids are vicious, and any kid who's markedly different from the majority is fair game.

Used to be. When I was young that was the norm. After I retired, I taught middle school science for a few years. And I was shocked at the way kids accepted those who were different. Turns out we were socialized to be intolerant. And kids over the past couple of generations were taught tolerance. I've had kids who had come out as homosexual, and they were treated with respect by almost all kids.

I once had a student with Tourette's who ticced a lot, with shouts, and occasional profanity. If it was a bad day, he'd just say, "need to go to the nurse" and would leave after I nodded. The class ignored it.

Once I was being observed by the district science director in the that class; they were working on a problem, when without warning "OHHHHH ****!" She was startled, but even more surprised that no one in the class even flinched or looked around. She made eye contact with me. I mouthed the word "Tourette's." She nodded and went back to her observation.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Now that conservatives are losing their jobs for speaking freely

Apparently judges aren't buying the idea that destroying federal property, killing police, and threatening public officials constitutes "symbolic speech." Sorry about that.

On the other hand, businesses are legally allowed to fire employees whose public behavior would bring disrepute on their employer. In more liberal nations, that's not allowed. Would you like to change the laws to prevent employers from firing people like that? That's not a rhetorical question. I'd really like to hear your answer. Hint: "just when those people happen to say things I like" is not a viable answer.

, it doesn't appear that your "good guys defending the constitution" are doing a very good job of protecting it.

I notice that the Constitution doesn't have a clause protecting employees from termination if they say things that their employer fears will reflect badly on the company. Would you like an amendment to change that? That's not a rhetorical question, either.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Apparently judges aren't buying the idea that destroying federal property, killing police, and threatening public officials constitutes "symbolic speech." Sorry about that.

Are we talking about BLM rioters now?

I notice that the Constitution doesn't have a clause protecting employees from termination if they say things that their employer fears will reflect badly on the company. Would you like an amendment to change that? That's not a rhetorical question, either.

Have you noticed that training employees to be racist (telling white people to be less white) reflects badly on a company?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Are we talking about BLM rioters now?

No. Nor are we blaming the Easter Bunny. For the same reason. Police found that those who murdered police officers were right-wing terrorists, pretending to be BLM. Would you like me to show you, again? Likewise, BLM leaders tried to help police find the actual rioters. I can show you that, again too if you like.

We are talking about the terrorists who attacked the U.S. Capitol in an attempt to steal the election. They killed at least one police officer, and likely caused the death of another who killed himself after suffering a head injury. But you know all this.

And I'm aware that many white nationalists are now changing the story, and claiming the attack on the Capitol was by leftists. To most Americans, it seems rather stupid to claim that leftists stormed the Capitol in a desperate attempt to overturn an election they won. How about you?

Barbarian, earlier:

(declines to answer)

Have you noticed that training employees to be racist (telling white people to be less white) reflects badly on a company?

In general, the public is aware of companies encouraging racism in their employees, and consumer pressure usually is sufficient to fix that problem. That's what has some on the right in a snit.

Companies that try to overcome racism by acting against whites will have the same experience, I think. Not every case of some political group screaming "racism" will result in consumer action, however.

Sorry, but that's how it is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We are talking about the terrorists who attacked the U.S. Capitol in an attempt to steal the election.
^_^

They killed at least one police officer, and likely caused the death of another who killed himself after suffering a head injury. But you know all this.

Still sounds like you're talking about BLM rioters throughout 2020, even though it's preferable to forget those things ever happened. Focus on Jan 6th, but forget about all of 2020.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
We are talking about the terrorists who attacked the U.S. Capitol in an attempt to steal the election.

(laughs about it)

The police who risked their lives to stop the terrorists aren't laughing. Nor are the families of the dead officers. They killed at least one police officer, and likely caused the death of another who killed himself after suffering a head injury. But you know all this.

Still sounds like you're talking about BLM rioters throughout 2020,

You know of a BLM demonstrator who killed a police officer? Police found the killer of several officers was a right-wing extremist posing as a BLM member.

Far-right “Boogaloo boy” killed officer after using Black Lives Matter protest as cover

“Boogaloo boy” killed officer, used BLM protest as cover: prosecutors

But let's see what you've got. You're on.

Focus on Jan 6th, but forget about all of 2020.

As you see, this isn't the first time right-wing extremists have murdered police officers. This is why Trump's FBI director found that right-wing terrorism is the major danger in the United States.

Don't forget to show us that BLM member who killed police. Prediction: no such membership will be presented.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

(laughs about it)

The police who risked their lives to stop the terrorists aren't laughing. Nor are the families of the dead officers. They killed at least one police officer, and likely caused the death of another who killed himself after suffering a head injury. But you know all this.

You know of a BLM demonstrator who killed a police officer? Police found the killer of several officers was a right-wing extremist posing as a BLM member.

Far-right “Boogaloo boy” killed officer after using Black Lives Matter protest as cover

“Boogaloo boy” killed officer, used BLM protest as cover: prosecutors

But let's see what you've got. You're on.

Only took about 30 seconds to find: 5 Dallas police officers killed, several injured in ambush at Black Lives Matter protest

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Show us that the sniper who fired on the BLM march was a member of BLM.

Police said at least one gunman ambushed Dallas officers as they walked along streets filled with demonstrators upset over police shootings in Louisiana and Minnesota. Authorities identified the gunman as Micah Johnson, a 25-year-old Army veteran from suburban Dallas. Police haven't given any indication that the Dallas shooter had anything to do with Black Lives Matter or any other group.

Police Chief David Brown said the gunman told a police negotiator during a standoff that he was "upset about Black Lives Matter" and had acted on his own.
Black Lives Matter condemns Dallas, pushes forward with protests

Which, presumably, is why this guy elected to shoot up the march; he was angry about BLM.
A cynical person might conclude you were trying to mislead us. I'm going to assume you grabbed that without even checking the facts, and so fooled yourself.

At least this example, he wasn't trying to pose as a BLM member, unlike the other right-wing terrorist you mentioned in the summer killings.

So do you have any real example?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

A gunman at a BLM march shoots 5 police officers, and you want to assume that he was upset with BLM based on what a murderous gunman said? :scratch:

Would you also believe a BLM member at the Capitol protest on Jan 6th when he says he's a Trump supporter who thought he was doing what the president wanted?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

(no evidence forthcoming)

The police couldn't find any evidence that the sniper was in any way connected to BLM either. So it's not surprising you couldn't find any.

A gunman at a BLM march shoots 5 police officers

Mostly at police officers, but also at civilians at the march. He was, as you know, angry at BLM, according to police.

Would you also believe a BLM member at the Capitol protest on Jan 6th when he says he's a Trump supporter who thought he was doing what the president wanted?

Show us that. The problem there, is police have numerous cases of right-wing terrorists posing as BLM. Would you like to see that again? What evidence do you have that this guy was associated with BLM?

I notice the claim that antifa people were involved has been debunked:
Fact check: What's true about the Capitol riot, from antifa to BLM to Chuck Norris

There is one known case of a self-proclaimed "BLM member" who took part in the insurrection.

However, he's been condemned by BLM, which says he was never a member, having been "blackballed" as a "reckless agitator."

"We do not want to be associated with John Sullivan," Lex Scott, the founder, told Fox News on Friday.

Sullivan founded his own organization, Insurgence USA, and never joined the local BLM chapter, attended a meeting, or took part in its mission to lobby for racial justice and police reform, she said.
BLM Utah leader disavows left-wing Capitol activist John Sullivan: 'He has never been a member'

Fox made one major goof; Sullivan claimed to be a journalist, and the network claimed he was not, as he "had no credentials."

In a free society, no one "credentials" journalists. The same rules that apply to any citizen, applies to journalists.

So do you have any actual cases?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

(no evidence forthcoming)

The police couldn't find any evidence that the sniper was in any way connected to BLM either. So it's not surprising you couldn't find any.

Except for the fact that he did exactly what BLM people have been calling for (and doing) ever since last year. The shoe fits.

Upvote 0