Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Absolutely unbelievable. Can you imagine the shrieks of outrage and the liberal meltdown if a corporation told its black employees that they need to be "less black"? :eek:

This country has completely lost its collective mind.

Coke Conducting Employee Seminars ‘To Be Less White’ | KABC-AM
I should apply there. I am not as white as I look. ( Just kidding I am very white and I find that kind of offensive. ) What are they supposed to do? Is black the new white? Why can't we all just be accepted as we are since we didn't have a say in the matter?

Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟403,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
America is starting to sound like Israel

Isaiah 1:7 (KJV)

Your country is desolate, your cities are burned with fire:
your land, strangers devour it in your presence,
and it is desolate, as overthrown by strangers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟275,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hopefully, we stop asking what color people are. All of my grandkids are non-aryan race. They are mixed colors.

I had a conversation with a friend of mine once. I said, "In the future, there should be a law that every child born on Earth has to be genetically engineered to carry an equal number of genes from literally every race and ethnic group on the planet. That way, in a few years, we wouldn't have race; everyone would just be beige."

He thought about it for a few seconds, then he said, "Well, that's a good idea, Wols, but it won't work." When I asked him why not, he said, "Knowing human nature as I do, even if everybody was the same color, all the people who were born on Tuesdays would discriminate against the people who were born on Thursdays."

And I had to admit, he was right. I've though about that statement over the years, and he was right. The problem isn't skin color. The problem isn't discrimination. The problem is Original Sin: mankind's fallen human nature. And the only cure for that is Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I had a conversation with a friend of mine once. I said, "In the future, there should be a law that every child born on Earth has to be genetically engineered to carry an equal number of genes from literally every race and ethnic group on the planet. That way, in a few years, we wouldn't have race; everyone would just be beige."

He thought about it for a few seconds, then he said, "Well, that's a good idea, Wols, but it won't work." When I asked him why not, he said, "Knowing human nature as I do, even if everybody was the same color, all the people who were born on Tuesdays would discriminate against the people who were born of Thursdays."

And I had to admit, he was right. I've though about that statement over the years, and he was right. The problem isn't skin color. The problem isn't discrimination. The problem is Original Sin: mankind's fallen human nature. And the only cure for that is Christ.

Yes, humans are inclined to invent in groups and out groups along lines that can be incredibly arbitrary, but some of those defining characteristics are easier to hide than others. Many light-skinned immigrants to the US, including Jews and Germans, changed their names to hide their ethnicities and duck the discrimination that was targeted at their people. Eventually, that ability to assimilate led to them being accepted and their discrimination fading away - people basically forgot about those dividing lines because they couldn't see them. The same would likely happen with birthdays. But things like dark skin and gender are much more difficult to hide, making discrimination based on that criteria harder to duck and more likely to self-perpetuate.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Surprise. Big corporations find that this kind of thing pays.

And it provides the QAnon/White Identity people with a lovely opportunity for a snit. Maybe some fund-raising.

Meantime, we still find that when voter suppression is committed, it's not white people being disenfranchised. Because regardless of the talk, the guys holding power know who's white.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Black, Latino Seniors in Virginia Get COVID-19 Vaccine Priority as White 85-Year-Olds Wait - Judicial Watch

Their story is a great example of fake outrage and dishonesty. It's actually the reverse...

In recent weeks, about 50% of the state’s supply has been allocated for populations 65 and up and roughly 10,000 doses channeled specifically toward trusted clinics in neighborhoods with older Black residents.

While the virus’s death toll has begun to trend downward, Black Virginians are dying from COVID-19 at 1.2 times the rate of white residents when adjusted for population, according to the COVID Tracking Project. Latinos are being infected at more than double the rate of whites. In October, the rate was five times higher than whites.

Yet national data has revealed vast disparities between where the virus has devastated communities and where shots are given. In Virginia, white residents are getting vaccinations at 2.2 times the rate of Black residents.

Factors include a history of discriminatory lending practices that pushed these populations into areas with less access to health care, limited internet and a lack of transportation. All of that is on top of navigating a fractured health care system that’s in many ways shut them out.
Virginia to shift vaccine distribution toward Black, Latino residents ages 65 and up in next few weeks

So what has Judicial Watch hyperventilating? The state is trying to change this disparity so that black citizens will be getting the vaccine at about the same rate as white citizens. And that infuriates them. For reasons everyone understands.

Meantime, they make up stories that are 180 degrees from the truth. Because they figure we're too dumb to check those stories. Ooops.

• Informative
Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Their story is a great example of fake outrage and dishonesty. It's actually the reverse...

In recent weeks, about 50% of the state’s supply has been allocated for populations 65 and up and roughly 10,000 doses channeled specifically toward trusted clinics in neighborhoods with older Black residents.

While the virus’s death toll has begun to trend downward, Black Virginians are dying from COVID-19 at 1.2 times the rate of white residents when adjusted for population, according to the COVID Tracking Project. Latinos are being infected at more than double the rate of whites. In October, the rate was five times higher than whites.

Yet national data has revealed vast disparities between where the virus has devastated communities and where shots are given. In Virginia, white residents are getting vaccinations at 2.2 times the rate of Black residents.

Factors include a history of discriminatory lending practices that pushed these populations into areas with less access to health care, limited internet and a lack of transportation. All of that is on top of navigating a fractured health care system that’s in many ways shut them out.
Virginia to shift vaccine distribution toward Black, Latino residents ages 65 and up in next few weeks

So what has Judicial Watch hyperventilating? The state is trying to change this disparity so that black citizens will be getting the vaccine at about the same rate as white citizens. And that infuriates them. For reasons everyone understands.

Meantime, they make up stories that are 180 degrees from the truth. Because they figure we're too dumb to check those stories. Ooops.

Both Judicial Watch and your Richmond Times article agree "race" is being made a polarizing & divisive issue.

The "health" issue should (only) be health need. As of this moment, COVID is most lethal to elderly of 70+. They should get the vaccines before others, regardless of their skin color (or party preference).

Whatever stats you think you can allege, they derive from VA's phase one vaccination:

Virginia is vaccinating its population in phases, with healthcare personnel and residents of long-term care facilities receiving utmost priority.

Uncritically accepting your claims, most "healthcare personnel" and "residents of nursing homes" happened to be white. You seem to accept prioritizing "healthcare personnel" and "nursing home elderly" regardless of race -- based purely upon social considerations -- and letting the stats fall where they may?

With that population completed, the second group includes a peculiar combination of frontline workers, people 65 and over, those with medical conditions, incarcerated criminals and those living in homeless shelters or “migrant labor camps"... law-abiding seniors are considered as important to Virginia officials as convicts and illegal immigrants

All VA elderly ought to (continue to) be prioritized, even over criminals. VA elderly didn't suddenly stop being the most harmed, most afflicted, group...just b/c they can't afford nursing homes.

What is really happening, seemingly, is the vaccines which ought to go to white elderly are going to "convicts & illegal immigrants" as the divisive race card is being played with people's lives in the middle of what you claim is a "global pandemic". Non-white elderly have remained a priority.

You seem to be implying, that white elderly are not an obligation of the rest of American society? If whites happen to be the oldest, most elderly, most vulnerable population...oh well?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
With that population completed, the second group includes a peculiar combination of frontline workers, people 65 and over, those with medical conditions, incarcerated criminals and those living in homeless shelters or “migrant labor camps"... law-abiding seniors are considered as important to Virginia officials as convicts and illegal immigrants

You mean that the state regards all people as equal in deserving protection? No wonder Judicial Watch is outraged.

Non-white elderly have remained a priority.

Considering that non-whites in Virginia have so far, not been vaccinated at rates that white elderly have been vaccinated, that seems to be a reasonable move. Assuming that non-whites are as important as whites and deserve the same protection.

But I understand why that angers Judicial Watch.

You seem to be implying, that white elderly are not an obligation of the rest of American society?

Being an old white guy myself, I would not expect my whiteness to be a pass that gives me preference over other old guys. I can see why those with medical problems or other conditions that make them vulnerable could be placed before me, and I see why the young who are much less vulnerable would be vaccinated later. But I do not see why elderly black people should have to wait for people like me to be vaccinated first, as has happened so far in Virginia. And I applaud the state for moving to vaccinate elderly blacks at the same rate as they are vaccinating elderly whites.

I can see why such a policy infuriates Judicial Watch, but I don't understand why it would anger someone without a racial agenda.

If whites happen to be the oldest, most elderly, most vulnerable population

So far, blacks have been shown to be most vulnerable, both in becoming infected and in severity of the disease. So if blacks happen to be the oldest, most elderly, most vulnerable population, why should they be vaccinated at lower rates than whites?

...oh well?

That's what Judicial Watch seems to be saying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CyberPaladin

Veteran
Dec 2, 2005
✟53,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Being an old white guy myself, I would not expect my whiteness to be a pass that gives me preference over other old guys. I can see why those with medical problems or other conditions that make them vulnerable could be placed before me, and I see why the young who are much less vulnerable would be vaccinated later. But I do not see why elderly black people should have to wait for people like me to be vaccinated first, as has happened so far in Virginia. And I applaud the state for moving to vaccinate elderly blacks at the same rate as they are vaccinating elderly whites.

I can see why such a policy infuriates Judicial Watch, but I don't understand why it would anger someone without a racial agenda.

So far, blacks have been shown to be most vulnerable, both in becoming infected and in severity of the disease. So if blacks happen to be the oldest, most elderly, most vulnerable population, why should they be vaccinated at lower rates than whites?

I'm not so sure the issue is lack of access I mean I'm sure it's part it. But there is alot of distrust and justifiably so Tuskegee Project was conducted between 1932-1972 they told these black men they were getting free health care and instead gave them syphilis. This was done by the U.S. Public Health Service not some individual rogue doctor or scientist.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm not so sure the issue is lack of access I mean I'm sure it's part it. But there is alot of distrust and justifiably so Tuskegee Project was conducted between 1932-1972 they told these black men they were getting free health care and instead gave them syphilis. This was done by the U.S. Public Health Service not some individual rogue doctor or scientist.

Yes, there is that. And much of the effort in this outreach program is to deal with that justifiable distrust. But there's also a matter of access being different for different groups.

I had no trouble at all getting my two vaccinations, because my wife had worked for a medical facility. I did notice that other than employees of the facility, no black folks got immunizations while I was there. And this was an organization that definitely did not discriminate on the basis of race. So I'm sure the distrust is widespread among some minority groups.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian

He thought about it for a few seconds, then he said, "Well, that's a good idea, Wols, but it won't work." When I asked him why not, he said, "Knowing human nature as I do, even if everybody was the same color, all the people who were born on Tuesdays would discriminate against the people who were born on Thursdays."

Most likely if this happened the next generation would exhibit skin colors of a variety as if you have genes from every race in a person then every race and mixed race is possible from a couple. Imagine a brown couple have a white or black child what problems that could cause if people are expecting all brown children. We already see black children from two white skinned people as both have a black gene in their ancestry line. Genes can be recessive and dominant in some cases and recessive ones can hide waiting for another person with a recessive gene to match up with it. I don't really know if skin colors are dominant or recessive or what but it is possible.
In other words things there would be no race issues till people started having children then all bets are off.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Most likely if this happened the next generation would exhibit skin colors of a variety as if you have genes from every race in a person then every race and mixed race is possible from a couple. Imagine a brown couple have a white or black child what problems that could cause if people are expecting all brown children. We already see black children from two white skinned people as both have a black gene in their ancestry line. Genes can be recessive and dominant in some cases and recessive ones can hide waiting for another person with a recessive gene to match up with it. I don't really know if skin colors are dominant or recessive or what but it is possible.
In other words things there would be no race issues till people started having children then all bets are off.

None of that is "race" in any objective sense. In fact, genetics and evolutionary theory show that there are no biological human races. Race is only a social construct in humans.

There is racism in Japan, against the Ainu, but also against a class of Japanese people who are indistinguishable from other Japanese, apart from their ancestry. The Burakumin are so hard to distinguish from other Japanese that there are organizations that keep data books to help businesses and others discriminate against them. I believe that such things are now illegal, but they are still used.

If we all turned light brown, in just a few years, people would find something else. That's human nature. Little kids usually don't get that kind of thing; unfortunately, they soon learn about it.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's interesting how racial activists argue there's a serious problem with white supremacy, yet in a company as large and powerful as Coke they have a course which discriminates against white people and stereotypes them into specific categories. How exactly does one become less white? Do they start appropriating aspects of other racial cultures, in which case aren't they then guilty of cultural appropriation, another sin of our 'liberal' era?

One wonders and I mean truly wonders that if there is such a culture of white supremacy in the USA, why aren't major companies and the powers at be encouraging this sort of thing for blacks? Why is it okay for white people to be targeted in this fashion but if there was a hint of this for blacks there would be a national uproar by the media establishment.

Makes you think. Mind you, leftists don't care about this, because they aren't concerned with treatment or fairness.

(shrugs) It's bigotry on display, but just not in the sense we have all been accustomed too. I mean its always been the whites that were the bigots, and now we are finding out not so much. Something the human race can all have in common, and of course not wanting to admit too at the same time. I mean replace 'white' with any other ethnicity or skin color in this program from Coke? People would see the bigotry right away - as they should. It's not that hard to see. People are suppose to pretend they don't see in this circumstance.

Now if you erase the skin color or ethnicity? Giving instructions to “be less oppressive, be less arrogant, be less certain, be less defensive, be less ignorant...would be a good human lesson. I mean anyone can be oppressive, arrogant, to certain, to defensive, and ignorant. Claiming its only part of a skin color due to origin etc - is a stereotype which is also prejudicial. More people acknowledge this type of nonsense for what it is than the 'program coordinators' want to admit.

Bigots will always be with us I'm afraid. Been around since the beginning of time. People that can't acknowledge the progress on race, diversity, and inclusion - which will never be perfect of course - but just can't wrap their heads and hearts around the progress so far? They are just as closed minded as the bigots they complain about. There is always more evil - real or imagined - around the very next corner to rage about.

Coke may have harmed the brand a bit. I don't think people will stop drinking the product the way others seem to think they should - and maybe they have a point. Their image they worked so hard to project - since as early as the 1970's especially with a commercial that everyone remembers? They will never be seen in the same way again. They have to live with that, even though they aren't the problem. It's the bigotry they paid for that is.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
This whole agenda has been created to pit people against each other, not bring them together.

I wouldn't tar every right-winger with that. Some of them have legitimate concerns about how trans-gendered people would fit into things like sports. On the other hand, some of them are merely looking for an excuse to take away rights of such people.

It's not a simple thing, and there are various agendas from various people, not all of them dishonest.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟275,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
None of that is "race" in any objective sense. In fact, genetics and evolutionary theory show that there are no biological human races. Race is only a social construct in humans.

There is racism in Japan, against the Ainu, but also against a class of Japanese people who are indistinguishable from other Japanese, apart from their ancestry. The Burakumin are so hard to distinguish from other Japanese that there are organizations that keep data books to help businesses and others discriminate against them. I believe that such things are now illegal, but they are still used.

If we all turned light brown, in just a few years, people would find something else. That's human nature. Little kids usually don't get that kind of thing; unfortunately, they soon learn about it.

From what I have read, the racism practiced by the Japanese makes American racism look amateurish.

Upvote 0