Wisconsin, United States of America
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Absolutely unbelievable. Can you imagine the shrieks of outrage and the liberal meltdown if a corporation told its black employees that they need to be "less black"? :eek:

This country has completely lost its collective mind.

Coke Conducting Employee Seminars ‘To Be Less White’ | KABC-AM

If Coke wants its employees to be less white, then perhaps Coke's customers who are white should become less of a customer by simply not buying their products anymore. I certainly don't want my money going to a company that doesn't like me just because I'm white.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If Coke wants its employees to be less white, then perhaps Coke's customers who are white should become less of a customer by simply not buying their products anymore. I certainly don't want my money going to a company that doesn't like me just because I'm white.

I don't buy their products unless I go out to eat which i can stop without shedding any tears, but my son does.

I wonder if he will stop drinking coke... (?) It is mainly kids buying their soda and their water.. and while he's not exactly a kid (he's 36), I do wonder how coca colas regular customers will treat this.

He's farther right than me in some areas, and left of me in others....

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't buy their products unless I go out to eat which i can stop without shedding any tears, but my son does.

I wonder if he will stop drinking coke... (?) It is mainly kids buying their soda and their water.. and while he's not exactly a kid (he's 36), I do wonder how coca colas regular customers will treat this.

It'll no doubt leave a bad taste in their mouth. ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
The problem with trying to boycott food brands is that if there isn't one that satisfies the taste buds then people will just ignore it all. Personally I think all whites in the US should now identify as "purples" and since there will only be globally a small amount of "purples" they will be a minority and be able to get a lot of the benefits that other minorities get that before they had to struggle to compete with a disadvantage.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,248.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Just to add to your points:

Unlike other revolutions this one is top down... not bottom up. The only ones not affected in this are the wealthy top 20%...

If you slap a face on the ‘supremacist’ you can see you remain oblivious of the real one in the shadows. True supremacists believe they’re above everyone. Including whites. They only recognize their peers.

And yes, this is against the working middle class, orchestrated by those in power: college professors, global corporations, politicians.

Anyone dependent on traditional work should be moving into the digital space. Side hustles are a good starting point.

Those going along with this thinking they will somehow benefit from it are little more than useful idiots, and will learn that in very short order.

The level of deception will unhinge many. They’ve placed their hope and trust in the wrong ones. Their boldness should be concerning. It reveals their readiness. We’re not prepared.

Everything they are doing aims to wipe out the middle class... soon, should they have their way, we will be either rich, or poor - really poor. No more happy homes...

3 social classes at founding: aristocracy, merchant, and serf. They were the majority.

Hence, the military occupation of our capital.

Cause and effect. Poke the wound (race) + Oppress the majority = Chaos

Every article is the same M.O. Each outlet stirs the pot.

~bella

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I read it simply as being open to other points of view. I work with a voice communications system that "assumes" people call each other by first and last name. However, where I work, which is heavily military and southern, everyone is called "Mr. Last Name" or "Mizz / Mrs / Miss Last Name". So I have to train people to learn each others first names. Not as easy as it sounds. It would have been a lot easier if my system could work with last names easier.
So much for multiculturalism. If one thinks it's polite to refer to people by an honorific and their family, then they're being told to abandon that part of their culture by referring to others in a less formal, less respectful manner. That one whacks me from two directions, as both my Southern and Korean ancestry militates against that kind of loose familiarity. It's Mr. Smith or Kim Sonsangnim unless we're pals. Yes sir and yes ma'am and the Korean equivalents thereof the same way. I see a demand to change that custom for no objective reason simple cultural chauvinism.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I dream of a world where my bi-racial children won't have to hear bad things about either part of them, their black or white side. This is absolutely sickening. I don't care what the context is or anything. Telling someone to be less "thing outside of their control" is wrong.
One of things I'm thankful for is that my parents both demanded equal respect for both sides of that family, and that we came from good, honorable, Christian people on both sides. Plus if we'd disrespected either set of grandparents they'd have taken it out of our hides. <Laugh> But the upshot was that we came up with both cultures as ours. I had a kid tell me once that I couldn't be both white and Korean, and told him that I was both, was happy with it like that. (Still am, for that matter.) No identity crisis for me, I'll eat cornbread and greens or kimchee and rice with equal enthusiasm, and am equally as happy with either set of kinfolk. Best of both worlds.

• Winner
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟275,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the US, it was white people who chose to divide society along racial lines; it was white people who chose to establish "white" as the top tier of that racial hierarchy; and it was white people who chose to establish "whiteness" and "white culture" as the signifiers of social status.

And even if I agreed with all of that, it was all established hundreds of years before I was born. I didn't develop this system; I never oppressed any non-white persons that I know of; I never ran any plantations or owned any slaves or forced anybody to live in a ghetto. I live in financial conditions far worse than many, many, many non-white people I know. So what would you like me to do to stop this white oppression? Build a time machine and go back 500 years to nip the whole thing in the bud before it even gets started?

If whites in the US didn't want people attacking "whiteness", then maybe whites in the US shouldn't have established "whiteness" as a mechanism of social dominance and oppression.

Once again: all of that jazz was set up before I even existed. My ancestors didn't even enter this country until 1866, after the Civil War was with. I don't use "whiteness as a mechanism of social dominance and oppression", so I fail to see why I should be hammered over the head for it. I was raised to always treat everyone equal, and any judgements I made were based on an individual's character, not their coloring. Sound familiar? It should---those are almost the exact words that Martin Luther King, Jr. used when speaking about how people should be categorized.

What about the millions of whites, in America, Britain & Europe, who directly fought to free slaves in the Civil War, or who bore poverty & privation to protest & prevent Britain & France from siding with the South and invading the North from French-controlled Mexico and British-controlled Canada?

I think that a lot of people fail to understand that the first slaves that were transported to America were not Africans, but European whites. The indentured servitude system in place between approximately 1520 and 1776 brought thousands of poor Irish, Scottish, English, French, and Dutch persons to North America, to the point that the white chattel slaves outnumbered the free white people by nearly three to one. It wasn't until the middle of the 17th century that slaves became predominantly black Africans, and even then only because English ships captured boatloads of slaves from the Spanish, Dutch, and Portuguese. Many of these white slaves were kidnapped, or sold into servitude as a result of being on the losing side in a war----Oliver Cromwell (good Christian gentleman that he was) sold into slavery thousands of prisoners of war captured during the battles of Preston and Worcester in 1648 and 1651; and King James II (he of the so-called "King James Bible"---undoubtedly another fine, upstanding Christian gentleman) did the same thing with prisoners after the Monmouth Rebellion in 1685.

And while we're talking of defeated prisoners from a war, let us not forget that the primary slavers in Africa were......Africans. Bantu chiefs sold hundreds of thousands of their fellows into slavery to the Europeans operating off the west coast of Africa. Why would they do that?, you may ask. Simple. It's because the Europeans were paying better prices for them than the Arabs operating off the east coast of Africa.

When all is said and done, did white people treat non-white people abominably in the past? I don't think there's any question of that. Of course they did. Should I be held to account for what John Hawkins did in 1519? Apparently some people think so, but I refuse to play along with something that I had nothing to do with.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
And even if I agreed with all of that, it was all established hundreds of years before I was born. I didn't develop this system; I never oppressed any non-white persons that I know of; I never ran any plantations or owned any slaves or forced anybody to live in a ghetto. I live in financial conditions far worse than many, many, many non-white people I know. So what would you like me to do to stop this white oppression? Build a time machine and go back 500 years to nip the whole thing in the bud before it even gets started?

Once again: all of that jazz was set up before I even existed. My ancestors didn't even enter this country until 1866, after the Civil War was with. I don't use "whiteness as a mechanism of social dominance and oppression", so I fail to see why I should be hammered over the head for it. I was raised to always treat everyone equal, and any judgements I made were based on an individual's character, not their coloring. Sound familiar? It should---those are almost the exact words that Martin Luther King, Jr. used when speaking about how people should be categorized.

My house is almost 100 years old, but I still live in it and had to pay to remove the asbestos.
My city is almost 300 years old, but I still reside in it and pay for them to replace the wooden and clay pipes under the streets.
You don’t have to have been around for the beginning of a system in order to live within its confines and deal with its consequences.

As an aside, I’d point out that your profile says that you’re 60. You’re old enough to have attended an openly segregated school. This business of whites promoting “whiteness” is not merely something that happened centuries ago. You’re old enough to have been a direct beneficiary of some of its more overt manifestations.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟275,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My house is almost 100 years old, but I still live in it and had to pay to remove the asbestos.
My city is almost 300 years old, but I still reside in it and pay for them to replace the wooden and clay pipes under the streets.
You don’t have to have been around for the beginning of a system in order to live within its confines and deal with its consequences.

So now skin pigmentation is being equated with antiquated architecture? Really?

As an aside, I’d point out that your profile says that you’re 60. You’re old enough to have attended an openly segregated school. This business of whites promoting “whiteness” is not merely something that happened centuries ago. You’re old enough to have been a direct beneficiary of some of its more overt manifestations.

It's okay. The modern schools are eventually going to go back to strict segregation---they don't want those oppressive, supremacist white children mixing with their betters: Buffalo schools claim 'all white people' perpetuate systemic racism (msn.com)

• Informative
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

There's still segregation in schools today...it's just at the college level. There are 105 universities that are openly segregated still in operation in the USA.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There's still segregation in schools today...it's just at the college level. There are 105 universities that are openly segregated still in operation in the USA.

I don't know if I agree with this statement as I've not seen factual evidence to support this.

Since HBCU allows whites to attend and even ivy league colleges allow black Americans, though often little seen in practice, they are not officially, administratively segregated.

So while a college, to walk through its campus, may seem segregated, I don't think any are officially.

Do you have anything to offer factually?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Did you forget the post of yours to which I was responding?

Once again: all of that jazz was set up before I even existed. My ancestors didn't even enter this country until 1866, after the Civil War was with. I don't use "whiteness as a mechanism of social dominance and oppression", so I fail to see why I should be hammered over the head for it.

No, I'm not equating "skin pigmentation" to antiquated architecture. Neither your post nor my response was about skin pigmentation. What I was analogizing to old architecture was not skin pigmentation, but rather, a system of race-based oppression. Or perhaps more accurately, a society with a history of race-based oppression so long and severe that ideologies and practices previously overt in their racism have been normalized in a way that their contemporary adherents often fail to recognize the racist underpinnings.

You weren't around when the problems were created (actually, you were, though you weren't old enough to have had a hand in creating them), but you live in that space now, so you ought to expect to have some of its problems dumped into your lap, just like you do when you move into an old house.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

There are 107 colleges in the United States that are identified by the US Department of Education as Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs).
Full list of HBCUs

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Hopefully, we stop asking what color people are. All of my grandkids are non-aryan race.
They are mixed colors.

mqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hopefully, we stop asking what color people are. All of my grandkids are non-aryan race.
They are mixed colors.

mqdefault.jpg

Talking about race and recognizing race isn't in and of itself a bad thing. God made us into nations, tribes and tongues and gave us different ethnicities... when we recognize that in one another its not bad. God gave us eyes to see - we aren't blind.

However, when we hyperfocus on ethnicity, and begin elevating some and demeaning others on the basis of the amount of melanin one produces then we have become racist by definition.

Today's "n" word is white, at current moment, and that is racist... and Coca Cola had announced that they are the new KKK, along with other prominent people who have money and power.

Upvote 0