Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Absolutely unbelievable. Can you imagine the shrieks of outrage and the liberal meltdown if a corporation told its black employees that they need to be "less black"? :eek:

This country has completely lost its collective mind.

Coke Conducting Employee Seminars ‘To Be Less White’ | KABC-AM

In the US, it was white people who chose to divide society along racial lines; it was white people who chose to establish "white" as the top tier of that racial hierarchy; and it was white people who chose to establish "whiteness" and "white culture" as the signifiers of social status.

If whites in the US didn't want people attacking "whiteness", then maybe whites in the US shouldn't have established "whiteness" as a mechanism of social dominance and oppression.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,873.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
this is pretty much what is on display in this thread

Who has said anything particularly arrogant, ignorant or oppressive? Or is pointing out that this sort of language isn't good ignorant, arrogant or oppressive? What is it about whites that makes them this way? Are we just genetically evil or something?

• Winner
Reactions: Jipsah
Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,873.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
In the US, it was white people who chose to divide society along racial lines; it was white people who chose to establish "white" as the top tier of that racial hierarchy; and it was white people who chose to establish "whiteness" and "white culture" as the signifiers of social status.

If whites in the US didn't want people attacking "whiteness", then maybe whites in the US shouldn't have established "whiteness" as a mechanism of social dominance and oppression.

They did it then, therefore it's okay to do it now. Interesting justification.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
They did it then, therefore it's okay to do it now. Interesting justification.

I'm not justifying anything. I'm explaining.

Here are some photos of the slides in the presentation under discussion:
https://twitter.com/DrKarlynB/status/1362774562769879044

EumL6uhXcAA6j4q

EumL7vyWgAogGfQ

EumL8YXWQAEzLHd

EumL89pXcAEKT8_

The characteristics the author associates with whiteness are characteristics that were originally associated with whiteness by white people.

When you spend a few centuries proclaiming that whites are better than non-whites, whites deserve to subjugate non-whites, whites are more intelligent than non-whites, whites are more godly than non-whites, whites are more moral than non-whites, and white culture is more normal than non-white culture, you communicate to everybody that being "white" equates to being "oppressive", "arrogant", "certain", "defensive", "ignorant", and proud. White people took those mantles upon themselves. Whether or not this lesson is well-conceived, nothing here is factually inaccurate.

In the US, being "black" never had those connotations and doesn't have the same baggage, so telling somebody to be "less black" would have a different meaning.

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It’s psychological warfare. Racism provides an excellent cover for ominous attacks. The directives echo the plight of one group while disenfranchising the other.

This is a take down. The intentional dismantling of the culture to make room for the one to come.

Yours in His Service,

~bella
The Nazis demonized Jews in order to take their wealth.

Simultaneously, the Soviets demonized "kulaks" (wealthy middle class farmers) in order to take their wealth.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,873.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Do you consider it acceptable to stereotype an entire race? You can explain it however you like but we're not really talking about that are we, as much as the content of what's being offered.

You would condemn any such talk if it were of black people but when it comes to white people I notice you want to explain the historical context.

Personally I think making any race Synonymous with words like 'arrogant' will end badly. If black people have some righteous indignation about how they are treated, how do you think other races might react in the future if they go through the same? I suppose the cycle will continue forever, huh?

How are whites socialized to feel superior? I don't remember being taught that in school.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
The Nazis demonized Jews in order to take their wealth.

Simultaneously, the Soviets demonized "kulaks" (wealthy middle class farmers) in order to take their wealth.

I don’t believe that’s the case this time. Two messages are being impressed on the populace. The great reset and negative depictions of whiteness.

They appear unrelated because you haven’t grasped the word. The context of the reset is always related to climate. But take the word on its lonesome and you move closer to the truth.

What happens when we reset something? We return it to its original state. If I reset a timer, I return to zero. I don’t pick up where I left off. I start over.

What is our beginning? What exists today that wasn’t present at the start? The middle class. Here’s a brief history.

Who comprises the largest portion of the middle class? Caucasians. Who’s under attack? Same answer.

Is it a coincidence? Not a chance. Event (2020) = movement = scapegoat =...

Watch the dominoes. One builds on the next.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

https://twitter.com/DrKarlynB/status/1362774562769879044

EumL6uhXcAA6j4q

EumL7vyWgAogGfQ

EumL8YXWQAEzLHd

EumL89pXcAEKT8_

The characteristics the author associates with whiteness are characteristics that were originally associated with whiteness by white people.

When you spend a few centuries proclaiming that whites are better than non-whites, whites deserve to subjugate non-whites, whites are more intelligent than non-whites, whites are more godly than non-whites, whites are more moral than non-whites, and white culture is more normal than non-white culture, you communicate to everybody that being "white" equates to being "oppressive", "arrogant", "certain", "defensive", "ignorant", and proud. White people took those mantles upon themselves. Whether or not this lesson is well-conceived, nothing here is factually inaccurate.

In the US, being "black" never had those connotations and doesn't have the same baggage, so telling somebody to be "less black" would have a different meaning.
IOW all whites are Nazis?

Learned in wellness class that painting millions of people with a single (not so broad) brush stroke is "stereo-typing"

What about the millions of whites, in America, Britain & Europe, who directly fought to free slaves in the Civil War, or who bore poverty & privation to protest & prevent Britain & France from siding with the South and invading the North from French-controlled Mexico and British-controlled Canada? Even Karl Marx said they thereby won "immortal honor" for their deeds

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you consider it acceptable to stereotype an entire race? You can explain it however you like but we're not really talking about that are we, as much as the content of what's being offered.

You would condemn any such talk if it were of black people but when it comes to white people I notice you want to explain the historical context.

I don't think you understand exactly what's going on here.

"White" isn't merely a skin color just as being "American" isn't merely about being born inside a somewhat arbitrary geopolitical boundary. Being "American" suggests a certain set of ideal and tastes, that, in most cases, we've chosen for ourselves. Likewise, "whiteness" is a social status and being "white" is a symbol of that status within a social hierarchy that was deliberately, explicitly constructed by white people to place themselves at the top, often by force.

The "white" to which these slides is referring is that vehicle for maintaining social hierarchy.

Personally I think making any race Synonymous with words like 'arrogant' will end badly.

Then perhaps your beef should be with the white people who chose to map race onto personality traits and other characteristics not related to pigmentation, rather than the people who point out the negative implications of those mappings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship

Smokescreen. Remember the magic shows of old? Beware of the slight of hand. Whenever they hype something in the media look in the other direction. They’re distracting us from the bigger thing.

Have you read The 48 Laws of Power?

ETA: That’s meant to incite anger and strife. Consider the timing. We’re in a crisis.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,873.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I don't think you understand exactly what's going on here.

"White" isn't merely a skin color just as being "American" isn't merely about being born inside a somewhat arbitrary geopolitical boundary. Being "American" suggests a certain set of ideal and tastes, that, in most cases, we've chosen for ourselves. Likewise, "whiteness" is a social status and being "white" is a symbol of that status within a social hierarchy that was deliberately, explicitly constructed by white people to place themselves at the top, often by force.

The "white" to which these slides is referring is that vehicle for maintaining social hierarchy.

I think it’s you who doesn’t understand the ultimate end of this sort of rhetoric. To me it seems merely a reverse of earlier periods in history when whites spoke this way of coloured peoples of a variety of heritages in order to justify their actions.

White is primarily about skin colour and will be treated as such. Unless you want to start getting into areas where we consider certain blacks to be too white. Clarance Thomas or Thomas Sowell come to mind, but this sort of distinction you’re making only serves to justify the racism towards whites in general. As if they’re not entitled to a culture or heritage. Pro-tip, they are.

Yet I fail to see how White people are encouraging a culture of whiteness by force. They don’t have the sort of institutional power to make Coke cola have seminars on the glory of whiteness, now do they? Instead we have race-critical thinkers and open racists like Robin Diangelo doing it.

It’s an ideology any Christian should be above. It's also not really in evidence that white supremecy is forcing itself on people when clearly critical race theory is.

Can you name me some black people guilty of this white mentality. What would you suggest we do to fix their attitudes and bring them back to a proper black mentality and social conditioning?

Then perhaps your beef should be with the white people who chose to map race onto personality traits and other characteristics not related to pigmentation, rather than the people who point out the negative implications of those mappings.

I guess I can blame Robin Diangelo. Though you argument that since whites did this sort of thing in the past they are truly to blame for it happening now, is odd. Are we still talking about white people or white cultured people? Are all white people in the past guilty of this or just those socially conditioned into whiteness? That is, ignorance, arrogance and pride, the exclusive properties of white culture, but i guess not white people.

I'm curious, since we associate white with ignorance, arrogance and pride, what would you associate Asian, black or Indian with? Please educate me.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Stan Ley
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think it’s you who doesn’t understand the ultimate end of this sort of rhetoric. To me it seems merely a reverse of earlier periods in history when whites spoke this way of coloured peoples of a variety of heritages in order to justify their actions.

Yes, whites created the notion of "whiteness" to enforce a racial hierarchy with themselves at the top. "Be less white" means to engage less in the behaviors that established "whites" at the top of the pecking order.

White is primarily about skin colour and will be treated as such. Unless you want to start getting into areas where we consider certain blacks to be too white. Clarance Thomas or Thomas Sowell come to mind, but this sort of distinction you’re making only serves to justify the racism towards whites in general. As if they’re not entitled to a culture or heritage. Pro-tip, they are.

The notion of being "too white" refers back to the very phenomenon I've been describing.

Yet I fail to see how White people are encouraging a culture of whiteness by force.

"By force" is certainly a lot less common these days than it used to be, though it can still be seen in ways that blacks are treated disproportionately poorly by, among other things, the judicial system.

It’s an ideology any Christian should be above. It's also not really in evidence that white supremecy is forcing itself on people when clearly critical race theory is.

White supremacy forced itself on people for so long that large swaths of our society have normalized white culture to the point where they literally don't know any different and find divergence from it to be some mix of unAmerican, unChristian, immoral, criminal, or otherwise reprehensible.

I guess I can blame Robin Diangelo. Though you argument that since whites did this sort of thing in the past they are truly to blame for it happening now, is odd. Are we still talking about white people or white cultured people? Are all white people in the past guilty of this or just those socially conditioned into whiteness? That is, ignorance, arrogance and pride, the exclusive properties of white culture, but i guess not white people.

Wow, I almost needed both hands to count the strawmen in that paragraph.

I'm curious, since we associate white with ignorance, arrogance and pride, what would you associate Asian, black or Indian with? Please educate me.

I don't know. I'm not too familiar with the traits that the folks in those cultures have adopted for themselves.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If being "certain" makes me too white, what would I be if I become ignorant?
If knowing the correct answer in math makes me too white, should I endeavor to give an incorrect answer? What color do I become if I do that?

Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don’t believe that’s the case this time. Two messages are being impressed on the populace. The great reset and negative depictions of whiteness.

They appear unrelated because you haven’t grasped the word. The context of the reset is always related to climate. But take the word on its lonesome and you move closer to the truth.

What happens when we reset something? We return it to its original state. If I reset a timer, I return to zero. I don’t pick up where I left off. I start over.

What is our beginning? What exists today that wasn’t present at the start? The middle class. Here’s a brief history.

Who comprises the largest portion of the middle class? Caucasians. Who’s under attack? Same answer.

Is it a coincidence? Not a chance. Event (2020) = movement = scapegoat =...

Watch the dominoes. One builds on the next.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

Just to add to your points:

Unlike other revolutions this one is top down... not bottom up. The only ones not affected in this are the wealthy top 20%...

And yes, this is against the working middle class, orchestrated by those in power: college professors, global corporations, politicians.

Those going along with this thinking they will somehow benefit from it are little more than useful idiots, and will learn that in very short order.

Everything they are doing aims to wipe out the middle class... soon, should they have their way, we will be either rich, or poor - really poor. No more happy homes...

Hence, the military occupation of our capital.

Last edited:
Upvote 0