Celebrities Call for Ban on Boiling Lobsters Because They Feel Pain, But Aborting Babies is Fine

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You have yet to provide any evidence the petitioners included the suffering of human beings in the womb in their petition.

This still sounds strange to me.....Why would you want the unborn added to a petition along with lobsters?!??!?!????? Wouldnt this degrade the unborn?

What if the tittle read "Celebrities petition to save lobsters and stop abortions!" Would this be something that you would post and praise? Would you be happy that the unborn and lobsters are getting equal treatment?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does that make it less tragic?
What is tragic is that you, who can never be in the situation, find it tragic that a family would make the hard decision to abort to save the mother's life. Because you can never be in the situation, you feel nothing for the parents to had to live through it, or the children who are happy they still have there mother while still being sad they lost a sister...

No, you focus on what it important to you in the moment and disregard everything else. This is tragic....

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where's the pot of boiling water.. bring on the lobster.

The is still nothing wrong with trying to make sure they feel less pain when they die..... What is not right, is bringing the unborn into this topic as if they are close to equal to a lobster. the unborn deserves their own stages....not to be share with lobsters......and if a lobster tries to crawl on that stage.....bowl em.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nige55

Mar 2, 2012
✟68,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is not right, is bring the unborn into this topic as if they are close to equal to a lobster. the unborn deserves their own stages.

I think you're still not understanding why people are discussing the 2 topics together.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think you're still not understanding why people are discussing the 2 topics together.
If someone is pro-choice, do you wait to hear and try and understand the reasons why they are.....or do you condemn right away? Why, then, should I care WHY you choose to group the termination of unborn babies with the plight of a lobster?

Upvote 0

Nige55

Mar 2, 2012
✟68,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If someone is pro-choice, do you wait to hear and try and understand the reasons why they are.....or do you condemn right away? Why, then, should I care WHY you choose to group the termination of unborn babies with the plight of a lobster?

You're misunderstanding the reason they are being grouped together, but hey ho, if you're not bothered as to the why I'll continue to debate people who do understand the actual whole premise behind the OP.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're misunderstanding the reason they are being grouped together, but hey ho, if you're not bothered as to the why I'll continue to debate people who do understand the actual whole premise behind the OP.
If you can find acceptable reasons to compare/contrast ones feeling of boiling lobsters to that of aborting babies, then yes, you would be better off discussing this with others.

Upvote 0

Nige55

Mar 2, 2012
✟68,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you can find acceptable reasons to compare/contrast ones feeling of boiling lobsters to that of aborting babies, then yes, you would be better off discussing this with others.

Thanks yes indeed, actually excellent reasons to highlight the hypocrisy of society, their double standards and screwed view of life thanks to the absence of God's values and laws. I'll speak to the others about that. Thanks.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks yes indeed, actually excellent reasons to highlight the hypocrisy of society, their double standards and screwed view of life thanks to the absence of God's values and laws. I'll speak to the others about that. Thanks.
I rather not judge others or make personal attacks on hypocrisy and double standards at the expense of aborted children.

Im in an abortion forum....yet my mind is on screaming boiling lobsters who may or may not elect to have their heads crushed in with pliers.

Shameful to use the unborn as a way to further person agendas.

But If you like it, I find no fault in you continuing.....with others.

Upvote 0

Nige55

Mar 2, 2012
✟68,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I rather not judge others or make personal attacks on hypocrisy and double standards at the expense of aborted children.

Im in an abortion forum....yet my mind is on screaming boiling lobsters who may or may not elect to have their heads crushed in with pliers.

Shameful to use the unborn as a way to further person agendas.

But If you like it, I find no fault in you continuing.....with others.

What exactly do you think the 'agenda' is ? I'll give you a hint, - it's not to save lobsters from the boiling pot.
I'm using the thread of the OP as an example for the cause to fight abortion itself, and personally I don't care if I'm deemed to be judging others in society if the cause is protecting and saving the unborn.
Anyway, what am I doing ??!! I'm not allowed to speak to you, I must converse only with 'the others'.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What exactly do you think the 'agenda' is ? I'll give you a hint, - it's not to save lobsters from the boiling pot.
I'm using the thread of the OP as an example for the cause to fight abortion itself, and personally I don't care if I'm deemed to be judging others in society if the cause is protecting and saving the unborn.
Anyway, what am I doing ??!! I'm not allowed to speak to you, I must converse only with 'the others'.
You are the one who suggested talking only to others who are ok with grouping lobsters with aborted babies. I simply stated that I would ok with you doing so.

Are you stating that you are incapable of pointing out injustice with abortions and double standards without comparing dying children to boiling lobsters?

If this is the case, I apologize.....as we can only work with the tools and knowledge we are given.

Upvote 0

Nige55

Mar 2, 2012
✟68,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you stating that you are incapable of pointing out injustice with abortions and double standards without comparing dying children to boiling lobsters?

I'm assuming we are on the same page when it comes to abortion, so given that it's quite a hard nosed crowd we face surely EVERY example of absurdity and lack of perspective is a valuable tool in the fight against it ? I think this is a particularly good one as it highlights the hypocrisy and lack of value for human life.
If you don't agree with the example, - don't use it !

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This still sounds strange to me.....Why would you want the unborn added to a petition along with lobsters?!??!?!????? Wouldnt this degrade the unborn?
I did not advocate humans on the same petition.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm assuming we are on the same page when it comes to abortion,
I think this is the issue with the thread.....assumptions... "I care about lobsters, therefore I dont care about unborn children." Absurd indeed.

And I can tell from your conversation that we are not on the same page, with regards to abortion...
EVERY example of absurdity and lack of perspective is a valuable tool in the fight against it

Is it wise to fight important issues using absurdity? Should we use the care of chickens and lobsters and turtle as just comparisons to how we should care for human being? unborn children?

I guess........if you have nothing better to use.....use what you have.

If you don't agree with the example, - don't use it !
I believe I made it clear already that I do not plan to use the feelings some have for lobsters, as a reason why abortion is not good.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I did not advocate humans on the same petition.
You used the fact that the unborn was not petitioned for at the same time, as a reason why those on the petition for lobsters, did not care about the unborn.

I thought you were saying that had they petitions for the unborn at the same time....this would have made this op unnecessary....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What is tragic is that you, who can never be in the situation, find it tragic that a family would make the hard decision to abort to save the mother's life. Because you can never be in the situation, you feel nothing for the parents to had to live through it, or the children who are happy they still have there mother while still being sad they lost a sister...

No, you focus on what it important to you in the moment and disregard everything else. This is tragic....
We've had millions of abortions in this country. You are suggesting that Millions of abortions saved millions of women?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Nige55
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We've had millions of abortions in this country. You are suggesting that Millions of abortions saved millions of women?

Millions? You commented on late term abortions.......which, on many accounts make up less than 2% of total abortions. Here is the comment you made:

Tragic. It can feel pain and we kill it.

I believe most of these 2% of abortions are done for medical reasons.......To save a mother's/wife's/Daugther's life......And you stated that the fact the someone wife and mother decided to make this decision, with great grief no doubt, ...was tragic.

This type of fast, non-objective, inconsiderate talk.....is tragic.

Reactions: kiwimac
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Millions? You commented on late term abortions.......which, on many accounts make up less than 2% of total abortions. Here is the comment you made:

I believe most of these 2% of abortions are done for medical reasons.......To save a mother's/wife's/Daugther's life......And you stated that the fact the someone wife and mother decided to make this decision, with great grief no doubt, ...was tragic.

This type of fast, non-objective, inconsiderate talk.....is tragic.
Like i said, it was tragic. Are you saying its not?

Upvote 0