Celebrities Call for Ban on Boiling Lobsters Because They Feel Pain, But Aborting Babies is Fine

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Celebrities Call for Ban on Boiling Lobsters Because They Feel Pain, But Aborting Babies is Fine

In a twist of tragic irony, several British celebrities are supporting a new effort to protect lobsters from a painful death while unborn baby humans suffer excruciating abortion deaths in England and America daily.

6111DE03-F809-43CF-9E25-152549F77BF5.jpeg

The humane treatment of animals is important, but many celebrities ignore how pain-capable human babies also are being brutally killed in abortions.

The Daily Mail reports British comedian Bill Bailey and wildlife presenter Chris Packham put their support behind an effort to prohibit lobsters from being boiled or dismembered alive in the UK.

They joined the organization Crustacean Compassion in sending a letter to British Environment Secretary Michael Gove, urging him to include lobsters as sentient creatures in a new Animal Welfare bill, according to the report.

More at link: https://www.lifenews.com/2018/02/01...ZdhgwNuQuQ1vYAc3BIbZt7E5l6eqbNDQZpEPe8pdgofLg

Mel333

May 27, 2019
Brisbane
✟34,753.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

In a twist of tragic irony, several British celebrities are supporting a new effort to protect lobsters from a painful death while unborn baby humans suffer excruciating abortion deaths in England and America daily.

View attachment 258279

The humane treatment of animals is important, but many celebrities ignore how pain-capable human babies also are being brutally killed in abortions.

The Daily Mail reports British comedian Bill Bailey and wildlife presenter Chris Packham put their support behind an effort to prohibit lobsters from being boiled or dismembered alive in the UK.

They joined the organization Crustacean Compassion in sending a letter to British Environment Secretary Michael Gove, urging him to include lobsters as sentient creatures in a new Animal Welfare bill, according to the report.

More at link: https://www.lifenews.com/2018/02/01...ZdhgwNuQuQ1vYAc3BIbZt7E5l6eqbNDQZpEPe8pdgofLg

That's so sad! I would have kept him as a pet.

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So how does protesting against boiling animals alive make any difference whatsoever to abortion discussion ?
It makes all the difference in the debate. How can one debate those who want to save lobsters from boiling in a pot for dinner, when they don't even recognize the full rights of human beings in the womb?

It's not popularism, but a stark reality.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So how does protesting against boiling animals alive make any difference whatsoever to abortion discussion ?
A point is that ones are worrying about the feelings of lobsters, while they are not concerned about the feeling of an unborn baby. This can show how ones do not have a functional conscience, or any real ability to feel for other people.

And this is relevant, because this shows what sort of character people can have. And if certain pro-choice people can function like this, not necessarily all, or course, this shows how people can be and think, maybe, and pro-life people are trying to reason with people who can not function to feel for other humans . . . yet they seem able to feel for animals like a lobster which can use its claws to tear apart a living creature down in the ocean. But an unborn baby is not doing anything to tear apart anyone in order to eat it; yet, they have more feelings for a predator!!

But, even if certain pro-choice people really care more about a lobster, than an unborn person, they do not necessarily speak for everyone. So, it is wise to get to know each person and let him or her speak for one's own self :) and not be tricked into supposing that public figures speak for all who are involved in a certain cause.

One might actually get to know one of the lobster activists. I see how this lobster protection thing could be meant to poke fun at ones who claim that pain to an unborn baby is reason not to commit abortion. Ones could mean, "If you are worried about an unborn suffering pain, then let's also make a cause for lobsters who can suffer when boiled . . . if pain is a thing to base your morals on."

But suffering is not the main issue, in the case of abortion. Also, in my opinion, it is not only about life. But there is our need to love our unborn. We can miss out on love, in how we judge who we consider worth loving.

Last edited:
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do any of these celebrities eat (or have eaten) lobster?
It is a technical issue, I think, Brinny. They are saying just not to make the animal suffer while being boiled; they are not saying not to eat them, but cook them painlessly by killing them, first . . . I would say.

I personally will kill the creature, first, then cook it so it doesn't suffer. I have used pliers to crunch its head and it stopped all motion. Then I would cook it.

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What came to mind for me, is:

Do any of these celebrities eat (or have eaten) lobster?
I guess as long as the lobster does not suffer it is ok to eat the lobster. Either way the lobster is dead and eaten. It could be a sociopathic way to justify that what you kill did not suffer much other than losing their lives.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
It is a technical issue, I think, Brinny. They are saying just not to make the animal suffer while being boiled; they are not saying not to eat them, but cook them painlessly by killing them, first . . . I would say.

I personally will kill the creature, first, then cook it so it doesn't suffer. I have used pliers to crunch its head and it stopped all motion. Then I would cook it.

:heart: Hi comfy. What came to mind for me is the hypocrisy of this concern about the "pain" and "suffering" of lobsters, when the pain and suffering of the tiniest amongst us, is disregarded.

My point is that most or all of these celebrities have eaten lobsters.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But suffering is not the main issue, in the case of abortion. Also, in my opinion, it is not only about life. But there is our need to love our unborn. We can miss out on love, in how we judge who we consider worth loving.
Hitler followed a vegetarian diet which some historians attributed to his distaste for the death of animals. Yet he kept the trains rolling into the concentration camps murdering millions.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have used pliers to crunch its head and it stopped all motion. Then I would cook it.
I guess we can't ask the lobster if boiling to death vs. crushing its brains is preferable.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It makes all the difference in the debate. How can one debate those who want to save lobsters from boiling in a pot for dinner, when they don't even recognize the full rights of human beings in the womb?

It's not popularism, but a stark reality.
I think you'd have to ask the same people who object to the lobster's pain and how they feel about abortion, no abortion or maybe up to the point where the fetus can feel pain, etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think you'd have to ask the same people who object to the lobster's pain and how they feel about abortion, no abortion or maybe up to the point where the fetus can feel pain, etc.
That's the point...They don't consider the pain of the human being in the womb as a concern. It is called "women's health."

• Agree
Reactions: Nige55
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's the point...They don't consider the pain of the human being in the womb as a concern. It is called "women's health."
How do you know what these same people think about abortion?

• Agree
Reactions: harko
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh have they spoken out against abortion? Link please.
I didn't say they had spoken out about abortion. That's why I'm asking how anyone knows what they think about abortion?

Upvote 0