Celebrities Call for Ban on Boiling Lobsters Because They Feel Pain, But Aborting Babies is Fine

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think this is the issue with the thread.....assumptions... "I care about lobsters, therefore I dont care about unborn children." Absurd indeed.
Really it is not absurd. If you can find me one person on the lobster petition who also supports the right to life for the unborn we could conclude the discussion. That's my challenge, just find one who supports the right to life of human beings in the womb....just one and you defeat me.

Reactions: Nige55
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Really it is not absurd. If you can find me one person on the lobster petition who also supports the right to life for the unborn we could conclude the discussion. That's my challenge, just find one who supports the right to life of human beings in the womb....just one and you defeat me.
In your mind, is it possible to support the right of life and the freedom of choice? I.e can one be against abortion yet feel that others should be able to choose not to follow their belief?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In your mind, is it possible to support the right of life and the freedom of choice? I.e can one be against abortion yet feel that others should be able to choose not to follow their belief?
Depends on what the choices are. If killing is a choice then I say no.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Depends on what the choices are. If killing is a choice then I say no.
So you are ok with someone else being allow to select your options in life for you....regardless of the religion, background, morals of the one selecting the options? As oppose to you deciding, out of things that are legal, what is best and right for you?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you are ok with someone else being allow to select your options in life for you....regardless of the religion, background, morals of the one selecting the options? As oppose to you deciding, out of things that are legal, what is best and right for you?
The irony in your statement is the child in the womb has all their “selections” made for them. They either get a mother or an executioner. Roll the dice.

• Agree
Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
The irony in your statement is the child in the womb has all their “selections” made for them. They either get a mother or an executioner. Roll the dice.
And it is because they may need to be aborted to save the mother's life or sanity that they have no rights in this matter.

Upvote 0

Nige55

Mar 2, 2012
✟68,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think this is the issue with the thread.....assumptions... "I care about lobsters, therefore I dont care about unborn children." Absurd indeed.

And I can tell from your conversation that we are not on the same page, with regards to abortion...

Is it wise to fight important issues using absurdity? Should we use the care of chickens and lobsters and turtle as just comparisons to how we should care for human being? unborn children?

I guess........if you have nothing better to use.....use what you have.

I believe I made it clear already that I do not plan to use the feelings some have for lobsters, as a reason why abortion is not good.

There's plenty of examples of people who care more for lesser issues than the right to life for babies in the womb, so it's not absurd at all, it's a reality in this upside down world we live in.

And yes, I think highlighting the absurdity of someones position IS indeed grounds to point out, and hopefully for them to see the wayward perspective they have. I've seen some incredible 180deg. turns from people who couldn't see their own double standards until they were clearly illustrated. It is valuable, and it can and does work.
As you say, use what you have.

• Friendly
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The irony in this statement is that we are both "Christian" yet only I seem to believe that God has control in all matters. I happen to believe that God is in control of life and death.....not mothers. Everyone gets a chance to live.....no one gets free trips to heaven.

But the question at hand is not about what happens to the flesh after it is cut off.... But rather what liberties you desire for you and your house....

Should you be trusted to make the best decision for yourself and your family......or would you like for someone, who views themselves as more moral than you (if you disagree with them), to make decisions for you and force you to abide by them?

This is the real question and the real reason many are pro-choice...... no one is for or pro abortion.

Upvote 0

Nige55

Mar 2, 2012
✟68,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And it is because they may need to be aborted to save the mother's life or sanity that they have no rights in this matter.

We all know that the first case, is a tiny percentage of cases. Secondly, the second case is of great concern. In the current climate, we're heading towards (if not already there in some cases) a scenario where potential stress would qualify as a risk to the mother's 'sanity'. Therefore, babies would be aborted due to simply the fact that they cry, make a mess and are dependent on the mother (and father hopefully). So they're killed because babies are 'stressful'.
Try telling that to any mother of previous generations.

Also - If causing risk to someone's sanity is due cause for them to have 'no rights', be killed, or aborted, - how will any of society survive ? The elderly with dementia, those with demanding and challenging disabilities, triplets, children with learning disabilities, most bosses, most politicians, some husbands (lol) the list goes on.
It's mental.

• Winner
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nige55

Mar 2, 2012
✟68,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
.or would you like for someone, who views themselves as more moral than you (if you disagree with them), to make decisions for you and force you to abide by them?

Here's the thing, you don't have a choice for everything is this world.
Do the police view themselves as 'more moral' than you if they try to stop you killing someone, who you believe should be ?

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here's the thing, you don't have a choice for everything is this world.
Do the police view themselves as 'more moral' than you if they try to stop you killing someone, who you believe should be ?
We are at different places in our walk with God.....Maybe you are further ahead.......therefore you would not understand my words

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The irony in this statement is that we are both "Christian" yet only I seem to believe that God has control in all matters. I happen to believe that God is in control of life and death.....not mothers. Everyone gets a chance to live.....no one gets free trips to heaven.
I don't see how this is relevant to the post I made in response.

Upvote 0

Robert6671

May 7, 2019
Indianpolis
✟14,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Celebrities Call for Ban on Boiling Lobsters Because They Feel Pain, But Aborting Babies is Fine

In a twist of tragic irony, several British celebrities are supporting a new effort to protect lobsters from a painful death while unborn baby humans suffer excruciating abortion deaths in England and America daily.

View attachment 258279

The humane treatment of animals is important, but many celebrities ignore how pain-capable human babies also are being brutally killed in abortions.

The Daily Mail reports British comedian Bill Bailey and wildlife presenter Chris Packham put their support behind an effort to prohibit lobsters from being boiled or dismembered alive in the UK.

They joined the organization Crustacean Compassion in sending a letter to British Environment Secretary Michael Gove, urging him to include lobsters as sentient creatures in a new Animal Welfare bill, according to the report.

More at link: https://www.lifenews.com/2018/02/01...ZdhgwNuQuQ1vYAc3BIbZt7E5l6eqbNDQZpEPe8pdgofLg

You know I actually am against abortion as some form of birth control or for convenience. My had one. She got pregnant and she had cancer, if she had tried to carry she might and it is a big if but she might have made it to term. She would have died, the chemo she had been getting would have in all probability cause horrible defects and probably died. So she had an abortion I know it hurt her cause she is very much pro life. But the two big reasons she did it was because her child would have probably not made it. And she had 3 out her 8 kids under 5. So she chose to abort the child. I know many Christians would have have insisted she carry. I know personally someone who was raped and denied the day after pill from her very christian doctor who did not believe in the pill and she got pregnant and yeah she aborted. It has not now no has it ever been a black and white issue. I know several cases of woman who had abortion not one was an easy for them choice. This is my favorite a woman in Ireland was miscarrying they would not remove the baby till the heart stopped. Because they did that she got an infection and died. That and similar stories are why it should be the woman's choice. And finally I would really like how Christians think they should have the right to force there religious and moral beliefs onto another

Upvote 0