Can you lose your salvation??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you can.

I see a lot of people saying others have a evil Spirit when they see or hear others Pray in Tongues.

Beware what you say about the Holy Spirit.

Mark 3:29 . . but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is quilty of an enternal sin - 30 because they were saying, "He has an unclean Spirit."

Upvote 0
I would like to clear up this "sin unto death" thing.
I believe that their is just one unforgivable sin - blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Matthew 12v31 is very clear - "all manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men, but the blasphemy of the Holy Ghost..."

Hervey's reference to 1John 3v15 doesn't mean much - as it says that hating you brother is murder. So, does hervey claim that hate is a "sin unto death"??

I'm not too sure about whether or not a Christian can lose their salvation. I do think that IM4HIM is wrong, I cannot remember the exact verse, but it is suggested that all non-believers names are blotted out of the book of life, as opposed to souls names being put in!

IM4HIM (and no, I'm not 'in for him!), also ask's why Paul gives that warning in Hebrews - well, we won't get the same rewards if we continually sin, or neglegt God's will etc. We should lead lives as Christ-like as we can, simply because of what Christ did for us!

What does one have to do to lose their salvation? 1 John 1v8 says that all Christians still have sin. However, 1 Corinthians ch 10 v 1- 12 is a scary passage is it not! I think that I'll sit on the fence for the time being!

Upvote 0
I got too much information so visit my website if you want more.

BIBLE = Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth = The Word of God.

Enough of these GAMES, you claim to be Christians then be Christians instead of Two-Face Back-Sliders.

Ask yourself this question who are you fallowing: Lord Jesus the Christ or the Devil ?

Why do you smoke, you think it is okay to smoke since it doesn't say the title smoke ?
You really think people had cigarettes back then?

Ask yourself this: How would Lord Jesus the Christ look at you while you puffing that cigarette, killing yourself, blowing out toxic smoke ?
You really think Lord Jesus would tell you it is okay to smoke ?

And don't give me this it's a habit nonsense, I know what it is to smoke cigarettes packs a day I know people who smoked all their life and quit smoking you just use the "Oh it's a bad habit" as a defense, boohoo cry me a river, it's time to wake up and look what you are doing.
Do you see smoking as good (Holy) or as bad (Evil) and no there is not other answer stop your excuses.

Now drugs are known to be bad even your so-called "Oh God made it so why not do it" drug called Weed - Pot, do you not know that your damaging your brain making yourself forget things ?
Do you not know that drugs kill you and the Bible CLEARLY states that murder is a sin, wait wait of course now your going to say well I ain't murdering myself...Your not ? Really ?
Who do you fallow Lord Jesus the Christ of Holiness or The Devil of Darkness and of the world ?

Now the Bible talks about people who get drunk are sinners, but yet some still use "Oh Jesus drank so why can't I", Does the Bible say that Lord Jesus got drunk ? Of course not so why try to compare your drunk-self to Lord Jesus ?

Now for masturbation, sure quite a lot don't talk about this because they are cowards who got scared of the world listening to what the world says and not what the Bible says. The Bible talks about Self-Control, now if you touch do you have Self-Control ?
Evenmore how would Lord Jesus look at you while your doing that sick evil thing ? It's shameful to even think people touch.
Now as for the Homosexual people, shame on you for you take the sick sin as a normal thing, The Bible says over-come not make excuses for your sickness, the Bible CLEARLY says that Homosexuality is a sin.

Now for the sin that started everything: LIES, do you find yourself lieing and not caring that you lied to someone ?
Lieing is of The Devil for it is denying the TRUTH.

As for hate, do you find yourself hating people because they punched you or spit at you or said something bad about you or Lord Jesus the Christ or about anything in the Bible ?

Unforgiveness is not of Lord Jesus the (Christ), if your a (Christ)ian why is it you don't forgive others ?

Now this is not a shocker, or at least it shouldn't be...If you find yourself enjoying Evil things such as watching movies with evil things in it, celibrating Halloween, just to get the the point if you enjoy Evil things, ask yourself who do you fallow ?
Do you fallow Lord Jesus the Christ which loves and forgives or do you fallow The Devil which seeks to destroy to blind people from the Bible to give people excuses for sins and for sickness, The Devil enjoys Evil things do you fallow The King of Lies = The Devil ?

And of course you will deny what I said if your a fallower of The Devil, for He will lie as much as it takes even more then it takes to blind you from the Truth.

I'll give you an exmaple: Why believe what this guy says he's not God he doesn't know anything what is he talking about why can't I do this or that blah blah blah, if you find yourself beleiving the LIES of The Devil then I pray that you may understand what the Bibles talks about and what a real Christian is and how to live a Christian life.

If you disagree with anything I said then shame on you, open your Bible "Word of God" up and read what it says, I just said it in a way any person can understand.

You either fallow Lord Jesus the Christ = Loves, Forgives, and Saves.
Or you fallow The Devil = Lies, Hates, Kills, Enjoys Evil and Sick things, Gives Excuses and Minimizes Sins and UnHoliness.
There is no others it's either Lord Jesus the Christ or The Devil also known as Lucifer the Fallen Angel.

It's who you fallow that will be judged.

Upvote 0
1 Cor 14:33
33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
(KJV)

Truth, can you focus on a few ideas. I feel you are getting worked up and I ask that you calm down a little . I would like to understand where you are comming from.

Would you say that you are without sin? If you do indeed sin, does Jesus have to be crucified all over again for that new sin? We must agree that at the time Jesus died on the cross all your sins were in the future. I'm not sure where I'm going with this except that no one here condones sins or thinks it is a small thing. The Holy Spirit will convict us of our sins and we will deal with it Biblicaly. Make no mistake we are free from sins penalty and from the law, not that the moral law is to be broken but we are no longer slaves to it and this is what Jesus meant.
Matt 11:28-30
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
(KJV)

I have rest in my soul and I do sin but I am not a slave to sin. I have no condemnation cause I am in Christ. Rest in the fact that we have the righteousness of Jesus imputed to us....

Upvote 0
1 John 1 v 8 - "If we say that we have no sin, we decieve ourselves, and the truth is not in us", v 10 "If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us"

Now, we seemed to have drifted totally off the subject of losing salvation, but I think this new topic must be answered!

The bible is a VERY hard book to understand, and it is full of 'double theology'. In some cases, the bible is understanding, and encouraging to those who are struggling with sin, in other places it is very harsh.

So, while what theTruth says, is correct, and, as Christians, we MUST try our best, with God's help, to live ac Christ-like as we can, we must also realisethat we still sin. The Devil is very clever, and we aren't all like Job, we can't all resist his temptation. Even King David commited adultery. Peter denied Christ, but did Christ stop loving him.

Also, what theTruth said, can be very discouraging to Christians going through tough times!

I'll just close with another verse from 1 John : "if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins"
So, son't be dsiscouraged when you sin, just confess it, and God will forgive. However, this is NOT, most definately NOT an excuse for sinning. If we purposely sin, then we really need to ask ourselves questions! "work out your salvation"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Back to answering questions.

Yes you can lose your salvation, those who relax and don't do anything and expect to get it ....your belief is wrong, the Holy Scriptures teaches us (Christians) to be ready for it, each and everyday.

As for those who don't have sin, a lot of people use that as a deffence to make themselves feel better to pride themselves, the one without sin trow the first stone, what it is saying is to forgive those who sin for you are not perfect yourself.

So be careful to not use the "Word of God" to bring others down you just build yourself to pride which is wrong, I choice not to judge myself, for Lucifer likes to bring Christians into thinking they sin every min or every day.

First seek to understand then be understood. The Holy Scripture has a meaning to each verse.

Upvote 0
I believe the beginning poster was concerned about his losing his salvation. Confession of sin and true heartfelt repentance to the best of your ability not to repeat the sin I believe is the answer. Paul said in Rom 7:19-25,

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin. KJV
Be encouraged brother as long as you feel the conviction, because when your heart is so hardened that you feel no need for repentance for your sin, you just might be in a little bit of trouble. God Bless the original poster. ;)

Upvote 0
Sandman,

Don't worry about that friend. God looks at your heart, not so much your deeds.

If you're worried about loosing your salvation, then you're in the right place.
If you don't care if you've lost your salvation, then you've got to start worrying.

I think you're in the right place so don't worry.

I personally believe that you can loose your salvation if you deny Christ. But why does that matter anyway? Are you planning on trying to loose your salvation? I really doubt it. So whether you can or not, don't worry too much.

Just remember that when we sin, we have one who goes to the Father on our behalf. The freedom that we have in Jesus is not freedom from all sins all at once. It is freedom from one sin after another. That's the sanctification process ... which has to do with more than just sin by the way. Things like humbleness, wisdom, thankfulness, etc. are also part of the sanctification process.

Just keep seeking freedom from whatever it is that's got you down now. Seek help from other Christians that God has put in your life. Maybe get an accountability partner. Seek first the kingdom of heaven ... a closer relationship with God.

~OliveTrees~

Upvote 0

Jaysun

Junior High Lay Pastor
I personelly believe that believing "Once saved always saved" is not Biblical, I mean, by having that belief one has the ability to go and do whatever they want to do... any and all sins... I mean, Paul said that he had to crucify himself daily. Meaning daily he died to self, repentance is a on going process. If we are "Once saved always saved" there would be no need to EVER again ask for forgiveness for ANYTHING. Its just a cop out, so you can still live like the world and manage to get in to Heaven, but God knows... you can never fool Him.
Beside's it's only right to believe you can loss your salvation, for some people that is a motivating factor in trying to be more like Jesus. Cause they know they can loss it so they try there best to keep themselves in check... True no one is perfect, but we all deserve Hell, that's what we should get... but God gave us His Son so that we may live, but we can step out from under the "saving wing" of the Lord. I mean, if you are "Once saved and always saved" that gives you the right to turn away from Biblical Christianity and turn to any other religion (Budda, Freemason, Mormon, Jehovah Witness, Islam, Satanism, Wicca) and keep your salvation.

So my personel convictions lead me to believe that "Once saved always saved" is not Biblical. But that's just my opinion. And I stress MY OPINION.

In Christ,
Jason
Washed Robes ministries

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jaysun if you are "truely" saved you will not want to sin. The Holy Spirit convicts us of sin. We are saved by no works of our own. It is Jesus that bought our salvation. We stay saved by no works of our own. We are Jesus's workmanship. We shall be save by no works of our own. Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith.

Upvote 0

Jaysun

Junior High Lay Pastor
Originally posted by rkbo
Jaysun if you are "truely" saved you will not want to sin.

All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. We are human, no matter what you believe we sin daily. Sin is alot of things, cussing, lying, stealing, murdering, outta wedlock sex, speaking harshly to someone, making fun of people in a bashing manner, lust... I mean come on... Being saved doesn't mean SINLESS, we all try to do whats right, and we ALL fall. Are you saying that since you are "saved" that you have never, ever had a pretty member of the opposite sex walk past you and you have never ever had one of those thoughts, that all people have... Or you have never ever wanted to flip someone off in traffic, or tell off someone cause they did something that really offended you... And I am sure you will say you have never done any of that... but you know once again, we all sin. And as to you saved w/o works, that's true, works are not required for salvation, salvation is a free gift, a gift of grace... but the Bible does say that Faith w/o works is dead, and we only rob ourselves of the greater blessing in the end.

Upvote 0
I agree Jaysun and the Bible teaches a salvation that cannot be lost. And to those who do not know the scriptures, here is just one example of a permanent salvation. Paul states that everyone's works are going to be tested to discover what value they are. Now these works are post-salvation works, the works people do after they receive Christ as Savior. ICor.3: 13-15 "Each man's work will be become evident; for the day will show it, because it is to be revealed with fire; and the fire itself will test the quality of each man's work. If amy man's work which he has done remains, he shall receive a reward. It any man's work is burned up, he shall suffer loss; BUT HE HIMSELF SHALL BE SAVED, YET SO AS THROUGH FIRE". Now Paul is speaking to a carnal church, he had just finished (verses1-3) admonishing them for Jealousy and strife. But as Jaysun has already pointed out salvation is not dependent upon our works but faith in Christ work on the cross for our sins.

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
*sigh* yes, it is once saved always saved.

", I mean, by having that belief one has the ability to go and do whatever they want to do..."

No, OSAS doesn't say that. As Paul says in romans should we sin that grace abounds more..surely not! You are always saved if you truely beleive. The thing about true faith is that it is God given and NEVER goes away. The people that are true believers naturally do good works. That is written in Romans chapter 8. the process people talk about refering to Paul putting on the "new man" is sancatification. Being submissive to God. Allowing God to COMEPLETE the good work started in you at salvation. A saved person is not perfect, for we still sin, but that doesn't mean we loose our salvation, it just means God is working on our sancafication still.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.