Can a believer commit the unforgivable sin?

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,196,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And Jason we have come to an agreement then. That the KJV of the Bible is the perfect and inspired word of God.(without error).

It is good that we agree on this point.

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
OP: Q: ..."Can a (true) believer commit THE "unforgivable sin"?

A: NO!

THE "unforgivable sin":.

Matthew 12 (NASB)...the ONLY unforgivable sin!
28 But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God,(God the Holy Spirit) then the "kingdom of God" (spirit of Jesus) has come upon you.
29 Or how can anyone enter the strong man’s house and carry off his property, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house.

The Unpardonable Sin

30 He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters.

31 “Therefore I say to you,
any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people,
but blasphemy against (God) the (Holy) Spirit shall not be forgiven.
32 Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man (Jesus), it shall be forgiven him;
but whoever speaks against (God) the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him,
either in this age or in the age to come.

blasphemy...Greek 988...blasphēmia...
I.slander, detraction, speech injurious, to another's good name
II.>impious and reproachful speech injurious to divine majesty<

sin...Greek 266...hamartia...
A.to be without a share in
B.to miss the mark
C.to err, be mistaken
D.to miss or wander from the path of uprightness and honour, to do or go wrong
E.to wander from the law of God, violate God's law, sin
II.that which is done wrong, sin, an offence, a violation of the divine law in thought or in act
III.collectively, the complex or aggregate of sins committed either by a single person or by many

1 John 4:4...How can a true believer sin/blaspheme against God the Holy spirit who permanently indwells?
You are from God, little children,(true believers)
and have overcome them;(satan/demons)
because greater is He (God the Holy Spirit) who is IN you than he who is in the world.(kosmos/evil spirits)

John 14:16-17 ...the "paraclete"
I (God the Son) will ask (God) the Father,
and He will give you another Helper, (God the Holy Spirit) that He may be with you FOREVER;
that is the "Spirit of Truth",
whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him,
but you know Him because He ABIDES WITH you and will be IN you. (at Pentecost)

Romans 8: 9-11...God the Holy Spirit INDWELLS all true believers!
However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God DWELLS in you.
But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.
If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of (imputed) righteousness.But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead DWELLS in you,
He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies
through His Spirit who DWELLS IN you.

• Agree
Reactions: Major1
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,196,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
OP: Q: ..."Can a (true) believer commit THE "unforgivable sin"?

A: NO!

THE "unforgivable sin":.

Matthew 12 (NASB)...the ONLY unforgivable sin!
28 But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God,(God the Holy Spirit) then the "kingdom of God" (spirit of Jesus) has come upon you.
29 Or how can anyone enter the strong man’s house and carry off his property, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house.

The Unpardonable Sin

30 He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters.

31 “Therefore I say to you,
any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people,
but blasphemy against (God) the (Holy) Spirit shall not be forgiven.
32 Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man (Jesus), it shall be forgiven him;
but whoever speaks against (God) the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him,
either in this age or in the age to come.

blasphemy...Greek 988...blasphēmia...
I.slander, detraction, speech injurious, to another's good name
II.>impious and reproachful speech injurious to divine majesty<

sin...Greek 266...hamartia...
A.to be without a share in
B.to miss the mark
C.to err, be mistaken
D.to miss or wander from the path of uprightness and honour, to do or go wrong
E.to wander from the law of God, violate God's law, sin
II.that which is done wrong, sin, an offence, a violation of the divine law in thought or in act
III.collectively, the complex or aggregate of sins committed either by a single person or by many

1 John 4:4...How can a true believer sin/blaspheme against God the Holy spirit who permanently indwells?
You are from God, little children,(true believers)
and have overcome them;(satan/demons)
because greater is He (God the Holy Spirit) who is IN you than he who is in the world.(kosmos/evil spirits)

John 14:16-17 ...the "paraclete"
I (God the Son) will ask (God) the Father,
and He will give you another Helper, (God the Holy Spirit) that He may be with you FOREVER;
that is the "Spirit of Truth",
whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him,
but you know Him because He ABIDES WITH you and will be IN you. (at Pentecost)

Romans 8: 9-11...God the Holy Spirit INDWELLS all true believers!
However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God DWELLS in you.
But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.
If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of (imputed) righteousness.But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead DWELLS in you,
He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies
through His Spirit who DWELLS IN you.

Q: Can a (true) believer commit THE "unforgivable sin"?

A: Yes.

"...but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come." (Matthew 12:32).

The Bible says, "whosoever" meaning anyone.

Also, stop and think for a moment, who will live during the Millennium? Only believers will live during the Millennium. This is what Matthew 12:32 is referring to when it says, "in the world to come." Believers (not unbelievers) will be able to commit the unforgivable sin in the Millennium.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you believe

My friend, All I know is what you said. Again, IF you read what I said, I said I UNDERSTAND what you said "does NOT COVE sin" as mistake.

What I am having trouble with is the other thing you said....
"The blood of Jesus is not good enough............".

That is not a mistake or a typo. It took time and thought to produce that comment and that is my problem.

YOU said you made a mistake but you have just repeated the same thing when you said.....
"Do you believe the blood of Jesus is good enough to save even unbelievers who reject Him? I would say... "no." The blood is not good enough for them because it does not apply to them. That is what I am getting at here. The blood of Jesus is only sufficient for faithful believers and it is not sufficient for unbelievers (who reject Him) or believers who want to justify sin and evil on some level."

My dear friend Jason, were YOU not an unbeliever at one time?????
Jesus’ blood has sufficient worth to ransom from their sin everyone who ever lived. Therefore, every person can be told that Jesus died to give them a free offer of forgiveness and acceptance with God.

Would you like to try and explain 1 John 2:2 ...........
"He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world. "

John 4:42............
"They said to the woman, “It is no longer because of what you said that we believe, for we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this is indeed the Savior of the world.”

Are YOU reading and thinking about what you are typing?????

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,196,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My friend, All I know is what you said. Again, IF you read what I said, I said I UNDERSTAND what you said "does NOT COVE sin" as mistake.

I am glad you are letting an honest mistake go.

You said:
What I am having trouble with is the other thing you said....
"The blood of Jesus is not good enough............".

That is not a mistake or a typo. It took time and thought to produce that comment and that is my problem.

YOU said you made a mistake but you have just repeated the same thing when you said.....
"Do you believe the blood of Jesus is good enough to save even unbelievers who reject Him? I would say... "no." The blood is not good enough for them because it does not apply to them. That is what I am getting at here. The blood of Jesus is only sufficient for faithful believers and it is not sufficient for unbelievers (who reject Him) or believers who want to justify sin and evil on some level."

My dear friend Jason, were YOU not an unbeliever at one time?????
Jesus’ blood has sufficient worth to ransom from their sin everyone who ever lived. Therefore, every person can be told that Jesus died to give them a free offer of forgiveness and acceptance with God.

Would you like to try and explain 1 John 2:2 ...........
"He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world. "

John 4:42............
"They said to the woman, “It is no longer because of what you said that we believe, for we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this is indeed the Savior of the world.”

Are YOU reading and thinking about what you are typing?????

Well, Christ paid for the sins of the entire world on a provisional basis (Sort of like a check written to you to cancel out your debt). Christ did not wash away everyone's sins in the entire world for all people literally for all time. If such was the case, then that would mean you believe in Universalism (Whereby everyone is saved). Surely you do not believe in Universalism, do you? I believe an unbeliever's sin (i.e. the sin of the world) is paid on a provisional basis. An unbeliever's sin is not officially forgiven until they come to Jesus and they receive His free love gift. They also have to maintain their right standing in having the blood continually wash away their past sins if they continue to be responsible with that gift, as well (i.e. if they obey Jesus and not themselves and or sin). It's sort of like me handing you a check to you with me saying, "all your debts are canceled out." However, it is up to you if you want to actually pay off your debts with the check I give you (Which is a free gift). The debt is paid, but you need to pay off your debts personally (receive Christ and his forgiveness and believe in His death and resurrection), and you need to prevent yourself from going into debt again (i.e. faithfulness or Sanctification).

Besides, while Jesus did die for the sins of the whole world (i.e. most everyone who has ever lived), Christ did not die for those who worship the beast. For Scripture says their names are not even written in the book of life since the foundation of the world.

"And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world." (Revelation 13:8).

"The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is." (Revelation 17:8).

Note: I believe a person is saved by Christ's blood automatically when they are baby. For if a baby dies, they are saved by Christ's sacrifice and their name is in the Lamb's book of life. But if a person grows up and falls into sin, their name is blotted out. They need to repent and receive Jesus in order to have their name restored. Those who worship the beast in the future have never even had their names in the book of life. They were without hope. Well, they have free will (of course), but God simply knew what their bad free will choice was going to be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,196,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Again, 1 John 1:7 says if you walk in the light as he is in the light .... the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses you of all sin.

If Jesus paid for the sins of the entire world means "Universalism" then why do we have to walk in the light of Christ to have the blood of Jesus cleanse us of all sin?

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am glad you are letting an honest mistake go.

Well, Christ paid for the sins of the entire world on a provisional basis (Sort of like a check written to you to cancel out your debt). Christ did not wash away everyone's sins in the entire world for all people literally for all time. If such was the case, then that would mean you believe in Universalism (Whereby everyone is saved). Surely you do not believe in Universalism, do you? I believe an unbeliever's sin (i.e. the sin of the world) is paid on a provisional basis. An unbeliever's sin is not officially forgiven until they come to Jesus and they receive His free love gift. They also have to maintain their right standing in having the blood continually wash away their past sins if they continue to be responsible with that gift, as well (i.e. if they obey Jesus and not themselves and or sin). It's sort of like me handing you a check to you with me saying, "all your debts are canceled out." However, it is up to you if you want to actually pay off your debts with the check I give you (Which is a free gift). The debt is paid, but you need to pay off your debts personally (receive Christ and his forgiveness and believe in His death and resurrection), and you need to prevent yourself from going into debt again (i.e. faithfulness or Sanctification).

Besides, while Jesus did die for the sins of the whole world (i.e. most everyone who has ever lived), Christ did not die for those who worship the beast. For Scripture says their names are not even written in the book of life since the foundation of the world.

"And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world." (Revelation 13:8).

"The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is." (Revelation 17:8).

Note: I believe a person is saved by Christ's blood automatically when they are baby. For if a baby dies, they are saved by Christ's sacrifice and their name is in the Lamb's book of life. But if a person grows up and falls into sin, their name is blotted out. They need to repent and receive Jesus in order to have their name restored. Those who worship the beast in the future have never even had their names in the book of life. They were without hope. Well, they have free will (of course), but God simply knew what their bad free will choice was going to be.

John 1:29-39 says.......
“The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, ‘Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.’”

Jason, we were all born with sin and still continue to commit sins in this world. My dear friend, don’t we continually commit sins while we are alive? Am I not right? Just as people end up being stained with coal if they go through a coal mine or end up drinking if they go to a bar, like so, everyone ends up committing so many sins while they are living/walking in this world.

Are you not committing much sin in this world? Are you committing any sin at all? If you say that you are not committing sins at all, you are lying. We know that people will continue to commit sins while they are living in this world. Whether it is this sin or that sin, we will commit sins in this world.

Thus, in order to deliver us from all the sins of the world, our Lord has taken all those sins onto Himself once and for all by His death, burial and resurrection. By bearing all the sins of the world onto the Cross, He received the judgments for all our sins by shedding His precious blood, He has delivered us from all the sins of the world.

It is obvious that you and I would not have been delivered from all the sins of the world, if Jesus had not been crucified and died and rose from the dead, through which Jesus took all the sins of the world.

Jesus took on all the sins of the world and He bore all those sins onto the Cross for ALL people. Jesus completely took all the sins that we commit in this world. This is the biblical basis that enables us to receive our salvation through our faith. There is no place in the Bible where it says that Jesus took only the original sin or just a few sin or only the sins of a select few. Rather, the Bible says that when Jesus received the baptism from John the Baptist, He took all the sins of the world onto Himself once and for all.

The blood of Christ is for everyone.
Rev. 5:9.......
“And they sang a new song, saying: ‘You are worthy to take the scroll, and to open its seals; for You were slain, and have redeemed us to God by Your blood out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation’”.

You said.............
"I believe a person is saved by Christ's blood automatically when they are baby".

Agreed. The Bible addresses a baby's need through the blood of Christ. Jesus' blood was provided for the salvation of mankind--men, women and children. Until we reject the promise of God's salvation, the benefit of His death is still available to us. Even though babies are not innocent, they have not rejected God's salvation. The blood of Jesus Christ is there for them.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,196,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
John 1:29-39 says.......
“The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, ‘Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.’”

Jason, we were all born with sin and still continue to commit sins in this world. My dear friend, don’t we continually commit sins while we are alive? Am I not right? Just as people end up being stained with coal if they go through a coal mine or end up drinking if they go to a bar, like so, everyone ends up committing so many sins while they are living/walking in this world.

Are you not committing much sin in this world? Are you committing any sin at all? If you say that you are not committing sins at all, you are lying. We know that people will continue to commit sins while they are living in this world. Whether it is this sin or that sin, we will commit sins in this world.

Thus, in order to deliver us from all the sins of the world, our Lord has taken all those sins onto Himself once and for all by His death, burial and resurrection. By bearing all the sins of the world onto the Cross, He received the judgments for all our sins by shedding His precious blood, He has delivered us from all the sins of the world.

It is obvious that you and I would not have been delivered from all the sins of the world, if Jesus had not been crucified and died and rose from the dead, through which Jesus took all the sins of the world.

Jesus took on all the sins of the world and He bore all those sins onto the Cross for ALL people. Jesus completely took all the sins that we commit in this world. This is the biblical basis that enables us to receive our salvation through our faith. There is no place in the Bible where it says that Jesus took only the original sin or just a few sin or only the sins of a select few. Rather, the Bible says that when Jesus received the baptism from John the Baptist, He took all the sins of the world onto Himself once and for all.

The blood of Christ is for everyone.
Rev. 5:9.......
“And they sang a new song, saying: ‘You are worthy to take the scroll, and to open its seals; for You were slain, and have redeemed us to God by Your blood out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation’”.

You said.............
"I believe a person is saved by Christ's blood automatically when they are baby".

Agreed. The Bible addresses a baby's need through the blood of Christ. Jesus' blood was provided for the salvation of mankind--men, women and children. Until we reject the promise of God's salvation, the benefit of His death is still available to us. Even though babies are not innocent, they have not rejected God's salvation. The blood of Jesus Christ is there for them.

So you believe in Universal Salvationism?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,196,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction." (2 Peter 2:1).

Upvote 0

Benaiahian Monk

Benaiah “ the Lord builds” 2 Samuel 23:20
Dec 14, 2017
Tappahannock
✟17,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
There are three things against us the world the flesh and the devil .
If we talk about the 10 Commandments, on a daily basis a human being a child of God cannot say that they are not guilty of one of the Commandments broken .
Thou shall have no other gods before me .
We have a lot of gods before our Lord and Savior.
To name a few, family, things, finances.
If Christ’s blood does not cover “ALL” sin we are all going to hell .

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,196,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are three things against us the world the flesh and the devil .
If we talk about the 10 Commandments, on a daily basis a human being a child of God cannot say that they are not guilty of one of the Commandments broken .
Thou shall have no other gods before me .
We have a lot of gods before our Lord and Savior.
To name a few, family, things, finances.
If Christ’s blood does not cover “ALL” sin we are all going to hell .

That is a false assumption and a dim view on behalf of the power of God and believers in the faith.
Jesus said with man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.
This would include obedience.
There are many verses on how the believer can walk uprightly and overcome sin.
To ignore them one would have to take a pair of scissors and cut them out of one's Bible.
Today, unbelievers can overcome the sin of alcoholism.
Imagine how much more what a believer can do if they allow Jesus to do the good work in their life?
For Romans 13:14 says put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

Also, Revelation 14:3-5 says the 144,000 were found without fault before the throne of God.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So you believe in Universal Salvationism?

No Jason I do not and once again you are placing words in my mouth.

Now you really need to work on that brother as it can and will lead to confrontations.

People can be saved in varying degrees of theological error. There are regenerated people who do not understand predestination, don't accept election, don't understand federal headship, are clueless about imputation, Christ's eternal priesthood, covenant, etc., yet they are regenerated. They simply haven't learned those doctrinal truths yet.

Consider YOUR own thinking on one being able to lose his salvation which is in fact NOT Biblical but no one is saying that you are not regenerated.

Are they condemned for not rightly understanding these very important biblical teachings? No, because the ones I just listed in this paragraph are not declared by the Bible to be essential doctrines for salvation.

Unbelief is the sin that dams a soul, NOT tha lack of doctrinal understanding.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
That's just it, although I've come a long way, there are still a couple sins, that I've tried, and tried, and tried to do away with, but, just can nip them in the bud...

He told me the "why" in repenting is important... Otherwise could be vanity...? Only deceiving yourself, possibly deluding yourself as well, to think that you have all sin nipped in the bud... When you do not...

Anyway,

He told me to get my why right and figured out right now...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Benaiahian Monk

Benaiah “ the Lord builds” 2 Samuel 23:20
Dec 14, 2017
Tappahannock
✟17,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You can ask for strength always in The ACTS
Addoration , Confession, Thanksgiving , Supplication .
This is why the blood is paramount .
And this is why 1John 1:9 is so important to memorize.
If you want I can start in Genesis work our way through the Bible to revelation about the blood and the finished work of Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,196,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Major1:

I was doing some reading today, and I came across this verse.

"Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered." (Romans 4:7).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,196,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No Jason I do not and once again you are placing words in my mouth.

Asking questions is not the same as placing words in a person's mouth.
I am asking the question to find out if that is what you believe.
It's why I asked.
If I believed you held to the belief of "Universal Salvationism", I would just say that you believe that.
But I didn't say that.

You said:
Now you really need to work on that brother as it can and will lead to confrontations.

You are attempting to give advice that does not really apply.
Please stick to the topic at hand with Scripture.

You said:
People can be saved in varying degrees of theological error. There are regenerated people who do not understand predestination, don't accept election, don't understand federal headship, are clueless about imputation, Christ's eternal priesthood, covenant, etc., yet they are regenerated. They simply haven't learned those doctrinal truths yet.

Consider YOUR own thinking on one being able to lose his salvation which is in fact NOT Biblical but no one is saying that you are not regenerated.

Are they condemned for not rightly understanding these very important biblical teachings? No, because the ones I just listed in this paragraph are not declared by the Bible to be essential doctrines for salvation.

Unbelief is the sin that dams a soul, NOT tha lack of doctrinal understanding.

12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain."
(1 Corinthians 15:12-14).

"For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist." (2 John 1:7)

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,196,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dear Major1:

After praying and thinking about it some more with Scripture, the way I see the Atonement is like this:

1. Christ died for the sins of the entire world (minus those who worship the beast - see Revelation 13:8, Revelation 17:8). Jesus was our substitute on the cross for us. He bore our sins within his body and paid the price for the majority of the world's sins. He died in our place. His blood washes away most of all of the world's sins.

2. Christ knocks on the door of everyone's heart (minus those who worship the beast) so as to come in (so He can give them his free love gift - which is Himself).

3. When a man or woman receives Christ (asking for His forgiveness and believing that He died and was risen on their behalf) they are then abiding in Christ (i.e. the spirit portion of Jesus). Christ who dwells in this person is then connected to Christ's physical body in Heaven who paid for their sins. For his physical body and his blood brings atonement and life for men (according to what He said during the Lord's supper). Jesus is able to apply the redemption to a person's life personally by their abiding in Him. An exchange is taking place. Substitutionary Atonement. A person dwelling in Christ gets the benefits (personally) of what He accomplished on the cross for them.

4. If they continue to abide in Christ, they will walk with Christ, and they are going to let the light of Christ shine in their life (i.e. They will obey the Lord's commandments) and they will have continued access to Christ's redemption or body up in Heaven. Their sin will continue to be cleansed personally in their life by Christ's one time sacrifice that was in the past.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
All true Christ-followers are covered by the "Blood of Christ Jesus"!

A computer search came up with these good hits! (all cites NASB)

1. 1 Corinthians 10:16
2. Ephesians 2:13
3. Hebrews 9:14
4. 1 Peter 1:2
5. 1 Peter 1:19
6. 1 John 5:6
7. Revelation 1:5
8. 1 John 1:7

1 John 1:7
but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another,
and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.

Revelation 1:5 (NASB)
5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and released us from our sins by His blood.

1 Peter 1:2,19-21
2 according to the foreknowledge of God the Father,
by the sanctifying work of the Spirit,to obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with His blood:...
19 but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ.
20 For He was foreknown before the foundation of the world, but has appeared in these last times for the sake of you
21 who THROUGH Him are believers in God,
who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.

1 John 5:6 (NASB)
6 This is the One who came by water and blood, Jesus Christ; not with the water only, but with the water and with the blood.
It is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth.

Ephesians 2:13(NASB)
13 But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

1 Corinthians 10:16(NASB)
16 Is not the cup of blessing which we bless a sharing in the blood of Christ?
Is not the bread which we break a sharing in the body of Christ?

Hebrews 10....One voluntary Blood Sacrifice of Himself by Christ Is Sufficient
19 Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus,

The OLD Covenant between God and Man / His "chosen people" required a "blood" sacrifice
to cover annually the sins of the people Israel. E.g. See: Hebrews 9.; EXODUS 30.

Under the NEW Covenant in Jesus' blood with all believers, ...>

Hebrews 9 (NASB) ...The Old and the New: Sacrifices and Covenants
....but through His own blood, He entered the holy place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption....
...but now once at the consummation of the ages,
He has been manifested to put away sin by the (bloody) sacrifice of Himself.
27 And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,
28 so Christ also,
having been offered once to bear the sins of many,
will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin,
to those who eagerly await Him.

Hebrews 10....One Blood Sacrifice of Christ Is Sufficient
...4 For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins....
10 By this will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.....
18 Now where there is forgiveness of these things (lawless deeds) , there is no longer any offering for sin...
19 Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus,
20 by a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, His flesh,
21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith,
having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,196,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
All true Christ-followers are covered by the "Blood of Christ Jesus"!

A computer search came up with these good hits! (all cites NASB)

1. 1 Corinthians 10:16
2. Ephesians 2:13
3. Hebrews 9:14
4. 1 Peter 1:2
5. 1 Peter 1:19
6. 1 John 5:6
7. Revelation 1:5
8. 1 John 1:7

1 John 1:7
but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another,
and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.

Revelation 1:5 (NASB)
5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and released us from our sins by His blood.

1 Peter 1:2,19-21
2 according to the foreknowledge of God the Father,
by the sanctifying work of the Spirit,to obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with His blood:...
19 but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ.
20 For He was foreknown before the foundation of the world, but has appeared in these last times for the sake of you
21 who THROUGH Him are believers in God,
who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.

1 John 5:6 (NASB)
6 This is the One who came by water and blood, Jesus Christ; not with the water only, but with the water and with the blood.
It is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth.

Ephesians 2:13(NASB)
13 But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

1 Corinthians 10:16(NASB)
16 Is not the cup of blessing which we bless a sharing in the blood of Christ?
Is not the bread which we break a sharing in the body of Christ?

Hebrews 10....One voluntary Blood Sacrifice of Himself by Christ Is Sufficient

The OLD Covenant between God and Man / His "chosen people" required a "blood" sacrifice
to cover annually the sins of the people Israel. E.g. See: Hebrews 9.; EXODUS 30.

Under the NEW Covenant in Jesus' blood with all believers, ...>

Hebrews 9 (NASB) ...The Old and the New: Sacrifices and Covenants
....but through His own blood, He entered the holy place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption....
...but now once at the consummation of the ages,
He has been manifested to put away sin by the (bloody) sacrifice of Himself.
27 And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,
28 so Christ also,
having been offered once to bear the sins of many,
will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin,
to those who eagerly await Him.

Hebrews 10....One Blood Sacrifice of Christ Is Sufficient
...4 For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins....
10 By this will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.....
18 Now where there is forgiveness of these things (lawless deeds) , there is no longer any offering for sin...
20 by a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, His flesh,
21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith,
having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.

Please take note that 1 John 1:7 says that we have to walk in the light of Christ to have all of our sin cleansed and it does not talk about having a belief alone.

Upvote 0