Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You obviously never read about the inhumane "barrier" on the Rio Grand itself like I did.

I have no idea what you're talking about. The post you're responding to was talking about Biden's alleged policies for keeping COVID out of America, which is why I said it was detached from reality. There was no way anyone was keeping COVID out of anywhere. It was all horribly ineffective performative theater with immense collateral damage. But that's a topic for another thread.

Reactions: Aaron112
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You obviously never read about the inhumane "barrier" on the Rio Grand itself like I did.

So I went and read up on this and found that it's mostly just nonsense and propaganda.

The narrative goes something like this:

"There's a barrier in the water that poses a threat to human life!"

Eh, only if you try to cross it, which is why it's there in the first place, to stop illegal border crossings. It poses absolutely no threat to anyone who stays away from it.

"Two bodies were found in the water! Proof of this inhumanity!"

Um, there is no evidence that either of those people were killed because of the barrier and plenty of evidence that they died elsewhere in the river and simply floated to and got caught in the barrier after they were already dead.

I would submit to you that the reason people don't want this barrier is because it is effective. It is intended to be a deterrent to illegal border crossing. The solution to not being harmed by it? Don't try to cross illegally at the buoys and instead cross the border at any of a myriad of legal border crossing checkpoints. :idea:

Upvote 0