Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So. The source is NBC. LOL. That is what you linked. Your link also says 'China" It looks like you may have linked to a communist source!

^_^

Really? You're reduced to trying to score points by quibbling over the incredibly nuanced differences between NBC and MSNBC, even though the article quite clearly says (twice) that they spoke "with MSNBC"? My goodness that's lame.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 10.32.33 AM.png

Source:

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Really? You're reduced to trying to score points by quibbling over the incredibly nuanced differences between NBC and MSNBC, even though the article quite clearly says (twice) that they spoke "with MSNBC"? My goodness that's lame.
They are two separate entities....

NBC is much more conservative than MSNBC. I can see why you decided to credit the wrong news organization.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Remember, the question originally asked how the number of Chinese migrants today compared with various years. A quick Google search will find you a myriad of sources saying that the number is "increasing", "growing", "doubling".

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
NBC is much more conservative than MSNBC. I can see why you decided to credit the wrong news organization.

So you're just going to completely ignore the fact that the article says that the migrants talked with MSNBC?

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What is your point? Chinese don't like living in China anymore, or are you suggesting there is some invasion where these Chinese will attack from within?

The question was asked how numbers of Chines migrants compared to previous years. I have no "point". I'm simply providing data showing that the number of Chines migrants has increased substantially over the last few years.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
So you're just going to completely ignore the fact that the article says that the migrants talked with MSNBC?
I didn't ignore anything. I am wondering why, with all the immigrants wanting to enter the USA, that you have aggressively singled out the Chinese. Why? Do you believe they are more harmful that the others?

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
The question was asked how numbers of Chines migrants compared to previous years. I have no "point". I'm simply providing data showing that the number of Chines migrants has increased substantially over the last few years.
Then pointing out increased Chinese immigration is pointless. I agree with you.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am wondering why, with all the immigrants wanting to enter the USA, that you have aggressively singled out the Chinese. Why? Do you believe they are more harmful that the others?

Have you been following this conversation at all? Let me provide you some context.

The original post was this:

Centrepoint is reporting around 4,500 Chinese Nationals came in through the border this year and the Biden administration has no idea where they are.

Edit to say I entered the wrong number.

KCfromNC replied to ask if that number was different from previous years.

Any idea if that's different from previous years? I mean, one of the objection to Mr. Trump's failed wall idea was that most illegal immigration was from people overstaying visa like your post described. So I'm skeptical this is anything new.

In answer to that question, I provided this source, where it said Chinese migrants had been apprehended in the last five months which is more than double the number for all of the previous year. This is a direct answer to the original question of how it compares to previous years.

The U.S. Customs and Border Protection reported that, in the past five months, at least 4,300 Chinese undocumented migrants have been apprehended crossing the southern border, which amounts to more than double the number for all of the previous year.

If the US Customs and Border Protection reports that they've apprehended double the number Chinese undocumented migrants in five-months vs. the full prior year (that would mean the number is on pace to be 4x or more greater by the end of the year), then that would seem to indicate a significant increase from the previous year.

Then KCfromNC responded with an impossible ask.

Increased apprehensions just show that Biden's policies are working. But it doesn't really give us any info on the trends I asked about for the numbers who have arrived here that were lost track of.

How in the world can ANYONE provide accurate data on something you've lost track of? If you've lost track of it, by definition you have no idea what it is, where it is, how much it is, because you just don't know.

The bottom line is the original question was ostensibly looking for data and evidence that supported the idea that Chinese migrants had entered the US in larger numbers than in previous years. There is ample evidence that suggests that is the case that can be corroborated from multiple sources. Anyone who believes increased apprehensions are simply an indication of Biden's policies "working" while ignoring the very real and likely possibility that the reason there are more apprehensions is because there are more people and therefore it is quite likely there are more people coming through undetected is denying reality.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
... well, Republicans and most others did also, and all the policitians , all the parties known, for the most part, have done even more terrible things allowing from the inside out the destruction of the citizen's health daily .... so what's new ?
The border is still wide open and needs to be addressed as soon as possible.

Upvote 0

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
... well, Republicans and most others did also, and all the policitians , all the parties known, for the most part, have done even more terrible things allowing from the inside out the destruction of the citizen's health daily .... so what's new ?
While I get what you are saying, and do not disagree for the most part, the topic of the thread is the border wall.

Upvote 0

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure any one or other party is actually .... well, 'isolated' in the border wall fiasco ; and they all seem in part or more responsible for the influx of problems from across the boarder coming in to the usa... way way more than people realize too.
Have you looked at the numbers coming through the border right now and who has been fighting to keep it open?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i.e. it is not a new thing.
Agreed - but worse now
The trouble now, and for a century, has been cancer within, not from without....
Agree
only made worse now , yes,
Agree
from without./ from outside coming in/ the way it has been doing all along ?
Yes - the way it has been, both within and without responsible, just not this volume of people from who knows where and their intent.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You forgot that when Trump wanted to "build the wall", Democrats called Republicans all sorts of nasty names for wanting the wall to be built. Racists. Xenophobes.

As I said in an earlier post, having physical barriers at the border for security is and always has been a logical part of a comprehensive border security plan. But Democrats decided to make "the wall" a political hot button issue when Trump was in office. If they believed that supporters of the wall were racist and xenophobic, then unless a mea culpa is forthcoming admitting their rhetoric was wrong, are they not racist and xenophobic for doing the exact same thing now?

This is the issue. It's not that Biden is building 20 miles of wall (after he promised not another foot of wall would be built during his administration). It's the blatant hypocrisy with not even a passing acknowledgment that those who were railing against Republicans for wanting a wall are now just going to pretend like it's no big deal that Biden is reneging on his campaign promise and building the wall that they so loathed.
Exactly where is this 20 miles to be built? Is it long the same stretch of river where TX has installed the big orange ball barriers and razor wire? Is this fence an agreement with TX so that they will remove these?

Upvote 0

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Exactly where is this 20 miles to be built?

From the article in the OP:

The Department of Homeland Security posted the announcement on the U.S. Federal Registry with few details outlining the construction in Starr County, Texas, which is part of a busy Border Patrol sector seeing “high illegal entry.” According to government data, about 245,000 illegal entries have been recorded in this region during the current fiscal year.
“There is presently an acute and immediate need to construct physical barriers and roads in the vicinity of the border of the United States in order to prevent unlawful entries into the United States in the project areas,” Alejandro Mayorkas, the DHS secretary, stated in the notice.

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0