Biden administration waives 26 federal laws to allow border wall construction in South Texas

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not correct - the expedited service is five weeks or more, with regular service around 11 weeks.

The time period doesn't negate the fact that it is a quite easy process - all you have to do is follow instructions and unless you are running from the law - it is not that big a deal.

I travel about 80,000 miles a year - it's not that big a deal.

So you have not gone through the process recently and are just believing what is written on the site.

I am in the middle of it and that 3 week wait is a fact I am in the middle of. I know someone who recently completed getting their first passport and it took well over a month longer than the site said it would.

Again there is a huge difference between getting a new passport and renewing one. Not unlike getting a driver's license and renewing one. To renew I just go online and pay.
Yes, three weeks would be about half way through five, like I stated and a month longer would be closer to 11 weeks, also as I showed.

it still doesn’t negate the fact that a passport is not hard to get. Fill out the forms, get a picture, pay the fee and send it in. Not difficult at all.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,656.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Yes, three weeks would be about half way through five, like I stated and a month longer would be closer to 11 weeks, also as I showed.

it still doesn’t negate the fact that a passport is not hard to get. Fill out the forms, get a picture, pay the fee and send it in. Not difficult at all.
DOH! So wrong. You cannot just send the stuff in when getting (not renewing) a passport. You actually have to show up at an acceptance center. And as I've already pointed out, near me the wait is about 3 weeks to get an appointment at such a center. Except for the one in Calabasas which does not have any open appointments at all because they do not schedule more than 3 months in advance!

The claimed times are from when an application is accepted. E.g after those 3 weeks.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
...we would head south, a mere 4.5 hours to the Mexican border. IMO, resourceful Mexicans would handle an emergency situation far better than my techology dependent fellow Americans.
I don't know how familiar you are with the border town regions...but some of that "resourcefulness" would likely involve exploiting the Americans seeking refuge there.

In fact, that already happens to some people who go there for day tourism. (you still hear the stories of people being forced at gunpoint to make hefty ATM withdrawals at gunpoint, as well as other things like phony toll booths which target Americans)

Canada's a much safer country, plus...apart from the "eh" and "aboot" and the occasional flipping of the R & E in a few words, I already speak their language lol.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
DOH! So wrong. You cannot just send the stuff in when getting (not renewing) a passport. You actually have to show up at an acceptance center. And as I've already pointed out, near me the wait is about 3 weeks to get an appointment at such a center. Except for the one in Calabasas which does not have any open appointments at all because they do not schedule more than 3 months in advance!

The claimed times are from when an application is accepted. E.g after those 3 weeks.
Why do you keep being up renewing? No one but you is talking about renewing.

The subject is the DIFFICULTY not the wait time. It is not DIFFICULT to get a passport.

That is like saying it is more difficult to get food in a fine restaurant than a McDonalds because it takes longer.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,489.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Fine. Then can you post a quote from him saying he would chain and kill democrats?
I would if I felt like looking for his quotes. But it is known that he has said "lock her up" and "I am your retribution" and "if you come after me I am coming after you".Though these quotes do not say chain or kill, it, imho, is implied. His threats are real. People have been threatened by his unhinged maga acolytes. He is imho a snake.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know how familiar you are with the border town regions...but some of that "resourcefulness" would likely involve exploiting the Americans seeking refuge there.

In fact, that already happens to some people who go there for day tourism. (you still hear the stories of people being forced at gunpoint to make hefty ATM withdrawals at gunpoint, as well as other things like phony toll booths which target Americans)

Canada's a much safer country, plus...apart from the "eh" and "aboot" and the occasional flipping of the R & E in a few words, I already speak their language lol.

Yes, border towns are not a place to hang out. When we drive into Mexico, we spend as little time as possible near the border. In March, we drove half-way down the Baja peninsula. We had zero issues, including the federales' check points.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

No doubt. But to get to Canada, we would have to drive over thousand miles through gun-toting, end-of-world American groups....

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I would if I felt like looking for his quotes. But it is known that he has said "lock her up" and "I am your retribution" and "if you come after me I am coming after you".Though these quotes do not say chain or kill, it, imho, is implied. His threats are real. People have been threatened by his unhinged maga acolytes. He is imho a snake.
Sounds like you're just making things up by changing what someone said.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No, I am not making anything up.

Well, let's take a look at a couple of your posts:
Handmaid for Jesus said:
Well, I think the former president is the authoritarian that will chain and kill Americans. He has already said he would do it if he gets back in office. But if that is what you desire, I will pray for your children and grandchildren.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They have these things called airports and boarder crossings - all of which are not effected in any way, shape or form by building a wall to keep illegals from crossing.

BTW slaves were not running South to escape - but North to the Republican states where they would be free. And there were no walls stopping them.
Underground Railroad to Mexico led thousands to freedom

Because Mexico abolished slavery in 1829, it became a safe place to which enslaved people could escape and start new lives.

[Historian Alice L.] Baumgartner first discovered the southern Underground Railroad in Mexico’s historical archives. There, she stumbled across a record of a court case where a Texas plantation owner crossed into Mexico to try to take escaped enslaved people back to the United States. The Mexican legal system denied his claim.

Also in this era, Los Mascogos, groups of organized Black Seminole (Native American) militias, guarded against owners of enslaved people who tried to assert legal rights in Mexico.

Sorry for the necroing but I thought this was interesting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry for the necroing but I thought this was interesting.
Extra points for expanding our vernacular!

I don't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday - but you can remember a post - not even made to you from five months ago! That is amazing!

I don't blame them - live in Mexico or in a Democratically controlled slave state with armed patrols in the North preventing their freedom.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Extra points for expanding our vernacular!

I don't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday - but you can remember a post - not even made to you from five months ago! That is amazing!

I don't blame them - live in Mexico or in a Democratically controlled slave state with armed patrols in the North preventing their freedom.
No, I didn't remember this thread; it showed up in the "Similar threads" bucket. Sometimes I click on those.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0