Biden acknowledges his seventh grandchild for the first time after Hunter’s plea deal drama

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
So it's OK for Joe to publicly lie about the number of grandchilden he has? Now, just after he is being exposed for knowing about Hunter's business dealings, he changes his story and figures it is best to change the number of his grandchildren. Joe is the president of the United States and if he makes public statements people have a right to comment. This is not Russia, not yet. We need a president who is compassionate and cares about people. The Washington Examiner put it best:

It should be uncontroversial to say that on a basic, human level it is awful to literally pretend that one of your own grandchildren is not, in fact, your grandchild. This is particularly true when that young child (in this case, four years old) knows who her father and grandfather are — yet they refuse to even acknowledge her, let alone care for her.

That this characterizes the situation of the president of the United States and one of his grandchildren is of course relevant to the public. Beyond the basic cruelty of it, a central part of President Biden’s public persona is as a caring and loving husband, father, and grandfather. Yet this sharply undercuts that idea. A New York Times story explained that “The girl (...) speaks about [Hunter and Joe Biden] often, but she has not met them.” I would be surprised if she ever met them.
Literally nothing about what you have posted here is political. I know that you desperately want it to be, but it's just not. It's pathetic to keep bringing it up.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Literally nothing about what you have posted here is political. I know that you desperately want it to be, but it's just not. It's pathetic to keep bringing it up.
I'm not afraid to talk about the Bidens or their character. You don't have any problem saying that those who are MAGA worship Trump. In the case of the commentary below The New York Times had it right:
Mr. Archer has received death threats, and on a SATURDAY, yesterday, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York wrote to the trial judge Ronnie Abrams, they want Archer in prison as soon as possible. This is additional witness intimidation. I look forward to Mr. Archer's testimony as to what Joe and Hunter Biden said.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's a private family matter.
Joe kept publicly saying he had six grandchildren, and instructed staff to publicly say the same. Now Joe has admitted he has seven grandchildren. Joe made the statements in public and so did his staff. So too with Joe's academic record, it Joe who had publicly falsely claimed he had three degrees and had won some special award. Joe lied about all of these matters, it was Joe who decided to go public with his statements. Why is it OK for the government to rummage through the Barron Trump's bedroom but not OK to point out when Joe makes a false public statement? Barron is a minor, Joe is not.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Joe kept publicly saying he had six grandchildren, and instructed staff to publicly say the same. Now Joe has admitted he has seven grandchildren. Joe made the statements in public and so did his staff. So too with Joe's academic record, it Joe who had publicly falsely claimed he had three degrees and had won some special award. Joe lied about all of these matters, it was Joe who decided to go public with his statements. Why is it OK for the government to rummage through the Barron Trump's bedroom but not OK to point out when Joe makes a false public statement? Barron is a minor, Joe is not.

Perhaps it's a matter between Biden and his priest (or his medical doctor or family), but I don't see how it should matter to the public.

• Agree
Reactions: comana
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps it's a matter between Biden and his priest (or his medical doctor or family), but I don't see how it should matter to the public.
A lot of people think Joe has been dishonest far too many times to be trusted as president.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It is a matter of Joe's honesty. Character is an important qualification for a president.
Tell that to Trump supporters, they seem to feel otherwise.

-- A2SG, though, of the two, Biden still comes out clearly ahead on that scale......

• Winner
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
A lot of people think Joe has been dishonest far too many times to be trusted as president.

The party of Richard Nixon and Donald Trump has no purchase when it comes to preaching about the importance of the virtue of honesty.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Serious posts only please.
I am serious.

If you're concerned about a candidate's honesty or character, and you're faced with two choices come November, either Biden or Trump, well, the choice is pretty clear. One of those two is a lot more dishonest and has a far, far worse character than the other.

Whatever Biden's issues are with character or honesty, they pale in comparison to Trump's.

You don't have to like that choice, but that does seem what we're going to be faced with. If you want a different set of options, then the time to change the course of the 2024 election is now. Work toward getting a different candidate in either the Democratic or GOP race.

But if you're gonna rail about President Biden's honesty or character issues, then it's entirely relevant to look at what the alternative is...and that, at the moment, is infinitely worse.

-- A2SG, let's all remember....nobody's perfect......that goes for politicians too......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am serious.

If you're concerned about a candidate's honesty or character, and you're faced with two choices come November, either Biden or Trump, well, the choice is pretty clear. One of those two is a lot more dishonest and has a far, far worse character than the other.

Whatever Biden's issues are with character or honesty, they pale in comparison to Trump's.

You don't have to like that choice, but that does seem what we're going to be faced with. If you want a different set of options, then the time to change the course of the 2024 election is now. Work toward getting a different candidate in either the Democratic or GOP race.

But if you're gonna rail about President Biden's honesty or character issues, then it's entirely relevant to look at what the alternative is...and that, at the moment, is infinitely worse.

-- A2SG, let's all remember....nobody's perfect......that goes for politicians too......
Joe has a history of dishonesty for half of a century. On the other hand:

Alina Habba, an attorney for Donald Trump, praised the former president for being “the most ethical American” she knows after he was hit with fresh superseding charges that accused he and his handlers of deleting footage sought by the federal government in a classified documents case.
Don't fall for the numerous hoaxes perpetrated against Trump.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Alina Habba, an attorney for Donald Trump, praised the former president for being “the most ethical American” she knows after he was hit with fresh superseding charges that accused he and his handlers of deleting footage sought by the federal government in a classified documents case.
Despite the words of someone paid to defend Donald Trump, many of us have known about Trump, his consistent dishonesty and his character, for some time now. Multiple guilty verdicts for fraud, and a very recent case that held him liable for sexual abuse and defamation speak to this very clearly.

I'm not defending President Biden. Just judging one alternative against another...and finding President Biden's faults far less damaging to the nation.

-- A2SG, as to Trump's latest indictment, we'll see how that turns out.....but by that measure, he's still been indicted more than President Biden has......

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

Don't fall for the numerous hoaxes perpetrated against Trump.

Trump thinks Americans are rubes and should just grovel in front of him, sweeping aside the usual accountability we demand of our leaders, and got angry when some of us could see through the veneer of respectability to the conman he actually is. It's disappointing he has so many fans, but people will listen to whatever tickles their ears, sometimes, and not use their head.

I'll be frank. Trump is vile. However, it's even more vile to defend him. The man spent the better part of half a decade sowing discord and chaos in our country at the swipe of a finger, all for his own personal amusement. And the worst part of it all is, he continues to do so. This is not the mark of somebody with a good character in my book.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not afraid to talk about the Bidens or their character. You don't have any problem saying that those who are MAGA worship Trump. In the case of the commentary below The New York Times had it right:
Mr. Archer has received death threats, and on a SATURDAY, yesterday, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York wrote to the trial judge Ronnie Abrams, they want Archer in prison as soon as possible. This is additional witness intimidation. I look forward to Mr. Archer's testimony as to what Joe and Hunter Biden said.
This thread is disgusting. That it's allowed to still be open and in the politics section is disgusting. Nothing you're saying here is political. In any way. At all.

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,955.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The difference between Biden and Trump is something like this.

Imagine they are both competitive target shooters.

Biden generally takes aim as best he can, but doesn't always get close to the bullseye and sometimes misses the target completely. At worst, he sometimes forgets that there's a target.

Trump sprays shots everywhere, with hits on target more coincidental than not. He often deliberately aims not at the target, but at other competitors, the commentators, the organisers and certain segments of the crowd.

Reactions: A2SG
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They are, I am sure, honoring their son's wishes, and perhaps the mother's as well. She may not want her daughter living in a fishbowl.

Sure. Every mother wanting to keep their child out of the limelight sues the father for the right to use their famous last name.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,292.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Why is the President making a four year old pay the price for his son paying for another hooker - she is the innocent - he should be embracing the child.
He has embraced (metaphorically) the child.

Upvote 0