Biden acknowledges his seventh grandchild for the first time after Hunter’s plea deal drama

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
After a report from The New York Times revealed that staff were not permitted to say that Biden actually has seven grandchildren, not the six he was willing to claim, there was a public outcry against the president's behavior, at least from conservtives.

"Thousands of families have faced similar circumstances," that source said, "working it out in private, versus the spotlight. At the center is a 4-year-old girl and everyone wants what is best for her, including all her grandparents."

With Hunter's ex-business partner testifying against Joe, Joe had to switch his position as to Hunter's business. The fact that Joe lied caused more questions about Hunter and the Biden family business, Joe cannot afford more negative attention. I bet he was lectured and told he has to acknowledge her.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
After a report from The New York Times revealed that staff were not permitted to say that Biden actually has seven grandchildren, not the six he was willing to claim, there was a public outcry against the president's behavior, at least from conservtives.

"Thousands of families have faced similar circumstances," that source said, "working it out in private, versus the spotlight. At the center is a 4-year-old girl and everyone wants what is best for her, including all her grandparents."

With Hunter's ex-business partner testifying against Joe, Joe had to switch his position as to Hunter's business. The fact that Joe lied caused more questions about Hunter and the Biden family business, Joe cannot afford more negative attention. I bet he was lectured and told he has to acknowledge her.
Politicians’ minor grandkids are allowed to be talked about again?
When did this change take place?

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politicians’ minor grandkids are allowed to be talked about again?
When did this change take place?

There has never been a ban. This is an unusual case in that the president of the United States put out a false number and instructed his staff to say he only had six.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Exactly. Why is this "news"? It's certainly not "politics." It's just weird to bring up.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟909,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

It’s a private family matter. It’s seems like certain press circles will dig up anything to keep negative attention on Biden.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It’s a private family matter. It’s seems like certain press circles will dig up anything to keep negative attention on Biden.
Joe instructed his staff to say he only had six grandchildren. His staff is paid for with taxpayer money, and since Joe is president, just like his mental state, how he treats people is the business of the American people. Now that Hunter's former business partner is set to testify Joe has changed two of his stories in order to weather the storm.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟909,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Joe instructed his staff to say he only had six grandchildren. His staff is paid for with taxpayer money, and since Joe is president, just like his mental state, how he treats people is the business of the American people. Now that Hunter's former business partner is set to testify Joe has changed two of his stories in order to weather the storm.
Which sounds to me that, at the time, he wanted to keep the matter of this child private.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
You don't think that Joe's sudden change in position is politics?
About his minor grandchild that's neither a candidate nor running for office nor part of any investigation or allegation? No, I do not. Why do you think it is?

No need to answer. We know why.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
About his minor grandchild that's neither a candidate nor running for office nor part of any investigation or allegation? No, I do not. Why do you think it is?

No need to answer. We know why.
So it's OK for Joe to publicly lie about the number of grandchilden he has? Now, just after he is being exposed for knowing about Hunter's business dealings, he changes his story and figures it is best to change the number of his grandchildren. Joe is the president of the United States and if he makes public statements people have a right to comment. This is not Russia, not yet. We need a president who is compassionate and cares about people. The Washington Examiner put it best:

It should be uncontroversial to say that on a basic, human level it is awful to literally pretend that one of your own grandchildren is not, in fact, your grandchild. This is particularly true when that young child (in this case, four years old) knows who her father and grandfather are — yet they refuse to even acknowledge her, let alone care for her.

That this characterizes the situation of the president of the United States and one of his grandchildren is of course relevant to the public. Beyond the basic cruelty of it, a central part of President Biden’s public persona is as a caring and loving husband, father, and grandfather. Yet this sharply undercuts that idea. A New York Times story explained that “The girl (...) speaks about [Hunter and Joe Biden] often, but she has not met them.” I would be surprised if she ever met them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟909,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So it's OK for Joe to publicly lie about the number of grandchilden he has? Now, just after he is being exposed for knowing about Hunter's business dealings, he changes his story and figures it is best to change the number of his grandchildren. Joe is the president of the United States and if he makes public statements people have a right to comment. This is not Russia, not yet. We need a president who is compassionate and cares about people. The Washington Examiner put it best:

It should be uncontroversial to say that on a basic, human level it is awful to literally pretend that one of your own grandchildren is not, in fact, your grandchild. This is particularly true when that young child (in this case, four years old) knows who her father and grandfather are — yet they refuse to even acknowledge her, let alone care for her.

That this characterizes the situation of the president of the United States and one of his grandchildren is of course relevant to the public. Beyond the basic cruelty of it, a central part of President Biden’s public persona is as a caring and loving husband, father, and grandfather. Yet this sharply undercuts that idea. A New York Times story explained that “The girl (...) speaks about [Hunter and Joe Biden] often, but she has not met them.” I would be surprised if she ever met them.
The details of this private family matter is not our business. I’m sure it’s a complicated situation and yet it’s not possible for some to let it go.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The details of this private family matter is not our business. I’m sure it’s a complicated situation and yet it’s not possible for some to let it go.
It's not complicated at all. It's a matter of Joe's honesty.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟909,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's not complicated at all. It's a matter of Joe's honesty.
No, I am not taking this new found interest in presidential honesty seriously.

Whatever Biden’s reason for including or not including this child in the grandchild count is not really of interest to me. This is tabloid gossip level stuff.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
No, I am not taking this new found interest in presidential honesty seriously.

Whatever Biden’s reason for including or not including this child in the grandchild count is not really of interest to me. This is tabloid gossip level stuff.
“Being talked about” is de regular for the rich and famous.
This is normal but sorta creepy, for me.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
“Being talked about” is de regular for the rich and famous.
This is normal but sorta creepy, for me.
It is a matter of Joe's honesty. Character is an important qualification for a president. As to creepy, I find Joe's hair sniffing creepy.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
It is a matter of Joe's honesty. Character is an important qualification for a president. As to creepy, I find Joe's hair sniffing creepy.
Quick! what’s a “good quality” about Joe Biden!?

• Optimistic
Reactions: comana
Upvote 0