Jan 28, 2004
✟1,953.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I miss the seasons as well! And you are right, driving to see them just isn't the same. I still remember playing in piles of leaves in autumn when I was little and lived in VA.

Question for both Allieisme and Momof3blessings: What church(es) do you guys attend? I am looking for a new church and would welcome any ideas you have. I live in Tempe, but would prob drive anywhere in the Metro area, if the church was really good.

Well, actually if anyone has any suggestions they would be most welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

momof3blessings

John 8:12
Aug 15, 2003
AZ
Visit site
✟528.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I attend PHoenix First Assembly. It's an awesome church that really preaches the Word of God. Tommy Barnett isthe Pastor there.I'll send you the link.
You may have heard of it it's the one that does the big Christmas and Easter pagents every year. We searched several churches before we came to this one. This one feels like home.

Upvote 0

eRev

Marginalized
Apr 23, 2002
Arkansas
✟9,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
momof3blessings said:
I attend PHoenix First Assembly. It's an awesome church that really preaches the Word of God. Tommy Barnett isthe Pastor there.I'll send you the link.
You may have heard of it it's the one that does the big Christmas and Easter pagents every year. We searched several churches before we came to this one. This one feels like home.

I visited your church a couple of times. Tom is a good Pastor.

Upvote 0

allieisme

I am ME
Apr 1, 2002
✟19,803.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I go to the Scottsdale Dream Center

Cara J said:
I miss the seasons as well! And you are right, driving to see them just isn't the same. I still remember playing in piles of leaves in autumn when I was little and lived in VA.

Question for both Allieisme and Momof3blessings: What church(es) do you guys attend? I am looking for a new church and would welcome any ideas you have. I live in Tempe, but would prob drive anywhere in the Metro area, if the church was really good.

Well, actually if anyone has any suggestions they would be most welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

eRev

Marginalized
Apr 23, 2002
Arkansas
✟9,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Since just before my Dad passed in December, we have been planning our move from Albany NY, back to Cali (where we lived for two years). My wife strongly desired to return to the town of her birth, the town where we met and were married, the town where her family lives and where we spent the first decade of our marraige, Tucson Arizona. As it turns out, I was just offered a full time position in Tucson and my brother bought a house for us to live in. Who can pass up a full time job and free housing in a bright sunny warm place as lovely as Tucson? Not me ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TCapp

Senior Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
✟18,136.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Others
I have a friend living in Tucson.

Hey ya'll. Been awhile since I've been in this thread. My mom told me that they are gathering a "get me home" fund. She said I could move anywhere I like, if it comes to fruition, just so long as it's closer.

I've been floating the idea of Flagstaff. Any opinions about Flagstaff? :)

Reactions: allieisme
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

feo

Angels Fall First
Feb 14, 2004
Arizona
✟12,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm From Glendale: But Now Living in Tempe-- studying at Arizona State Univ ! (uh if Anyone Cares That is)

i Hear Some of You Guys say "I MISS THE COLD", how Can That be? snow + Rain are so Difficult to Get around in, and the Wind is Miserable... plus, its Difficult to be Comfy When You're Wearing Layers. id Just Rather sport some Shorts, a t-Shirt, and Flip Flops.

just my two Cents Though ;)

Upvote 0

allieisme

I am ME
Apr 1, 2002
✟19,803.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well..I dont know how to put it other than I miss the cold but dont technically miss the snow..Does that make sense? No, I dont guess it does, but I would just rather be cold than hot.
Flag is pricey but your right all of Arizona is.. We would like to move East, but anywhere other than the NorthWest Valley is too incrediblely expensive

Upvote 0

feo

Angels Fall First
Feb 14, 2004
Arizona
✟12,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
allieisme said:
Flag is pricey but your right all of Arizona is.. We would like to move East, but anywhere other than the NorthWest Valley is too incrediblely expensive

i Always Thought The Cost of Living in Arizona Was Pretty Decent..., Especially Compared to Our Neighbor California. i Live in The Arrowhead Area, and you Can Get New Decent Homes For $135 (if You Dont Mind a Small Back Yard)

Upvote 0

momof3blessings

John 8:12
Aug 15, 2003
AZ
Visit site
✟528.00
Faith
Pentecostal
allieisme said:
Well..I dont know how to put it other than I miss the cold but dont technically miss the snow..Does that make sense? No, I dont guess it does, but I would just rather be cold than hot.
Makes sense to me. LOL Guess you really had to grow up in it and be away for awhile.

I know some places are higher then here but I have lived here in my home for 12 years and in AZ for the most part of 20. (I lived in San Diego when first married for 4 years.) We paid 57000 for our house in 91 it's now worth 125000. It was a goverment home when we bought it but houses in the neighborhood were selling for between 65000 and 70000. I live in the north valley in a decent neighborhood but my house is 30 yrs old. Houses have more then doubled in the past 12 years. That's what I mean about cost being higher. Up north I think it's more then tripled.

Upvote 0