1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. We are holding our 2022 Angel Ministry Drive now. Please consider signing up, or if you have any questions about being an Angel, use our staff application form. The world needs more prayer now, and it is a great way to help other members of the forums. :) To Apply...click here

AZ here....

Discussion in 'United States Regional Forum' started by allieisme, Nov 11, 2003.

1. allieisme

allieisme I am ME

+344
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hey all, just wanted to send a shout out from Arizona. If you all have any questions about this paticular forum, you can feel free to ask away, looks like I'm the only moderator as of now!
    Looking forward to posting with you guys!

2. allieisme

allieisme I am ME

+344
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Republican
    nobody is in Arizona? What is it not as cool as Texas? :D

just kidding.

3. TCapp

TCapp Senior Veteran

+77
    Nazarene
    Private
    CA-Others
    Is Yuma still there?! I haven't been there for over 3 years and it might have disappeared in all that time. :eek:

4. allieisme

allieisme I am ME

+344
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Republican
    ROFL
    I hear its still there, seeing is another story :D

5. TCapp

TCapp Senior Veteran

+77
    Nazarene
    Private
    CA-Others
    Whew. That's a load off the ol' mind. :D Honestly, I miss the desert. I've had more than my fill of pine trees, snow, and caribou. Give me cacti, sand, and burrowing owls! :clap:

About the only things I hear about AZ is the vigilante border guard. Not that I can blame them too much.

6. allieisme

allieisme I am ME

+344
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Republican
    So lets switch homes then.. You miss the great landscaping, and I miss the cold, actual trees..

7. momof3blessings

momof3blessings John 8:12

+12
    Pentecostal
    I agree I miss real trees. Today it at least smells like fall cause it rained all day yesterday and the heat is finally gone. Phoenix has gotten way to big...

8. Kaylynn

Kaylynn I like dots...

+78
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    LOL, let's see, I USED to live in Yuma, Mesa, and Phoenix...now I'm just an Alabamian...lol

But, when I was three, I sat on a cactus! :blush:

STOP LAUGHING...It looked like a chair okay!!! I was three! :mad: lol

9. TCapp

TCapp Senior Veteran

+77
    Nazarene
    Private
    CA-Others
    Sat on a cactus? Ouch! :eek: Well, I guess it's better than sitting on a scorpion. A couple of years before I moved away, I came across a rattlesnake. Nearly stepped on it. :eek: Fortunately, I was able to get away, very rapidly.

10. allieisme

allieisme I am ME

+344
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Republican
    LOL.. Yes Phoenix has gotten way to big, I'm on the West Side, and its growing like crazy! I'm ready to move back to Washington

11. momof3blessings

+12
    Pentecostal
    I live in North Phoenix. Better to live on in the west valley then the east valley. JMO I don't care for the east valley.:p I can't move my hubby is a native. He hates the cold.

12. he_is_risen!!

he_is_risen!! All ways in need of help

+13
    Christian
    US-Republican
    Hey ya wanna trade?! I live in Marana outside of tucson, and I'd like to see some green, Non-dieing plants for a change! But ya know the Lord's bless me with a nice house and a great family so I really shouldn't complain. I used to live in New MExico when I was younger and even though I haven't been there in a long time, I do miss having snow and stuff like that. I've lived here for 8 years and it's only snowed maybe 5 times.

13. he_is_risen!!

he_is_risen!! All ways in need of help

+13
    Christian
    US-Republican
    Same here. My dad was born in southern Cal. And then moved to Tucson and I HATES the cold also. Let me put it to ya this way, my dad's a welder and he will be outside in summer in pants a long sleeved shirt with coveralls on over that. And he'll be out there welding!!! of course I'll be inside with the cooler on in front of a fan. So I doubt that we'll be moving anytime soon.

14. Miaka-Chan

Miaka-Chan Wife, Mom, Teacher

+7
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    My mom Lives in Scottsdale... I'm from New Mexico.. My whole family is from here ... though I was born in So Cal and lived there the 1st 4 yrs of my life. Desert and more Desert (Mohave, Sonoran, Chiuaian <-- can't spell) I never know what to do with my self in humid or too green areas!!! Though I live Next to the Sacramento mountains.. so If I want snow or tree's its not more than a 30 minute drive! ... BTW I'm in this thread cause no one loves NM J/K... I'm not a Texas fan, and no one posts in the NM thread!!

15. allieisme

allieisme I am ME

+344
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Republican
    We live on the west side and drive to Scottsdale for Church

16. bravesaz

bravesaz Regular Member

+2
    Christian
    I'm about 90 miles north of all of you people in the Phoenix area. Come to the lovely pines of Prescott! My daughter lives in Scottsdale & my son & his family live in Mesa.

17. momof3blessings

+12
    Pentecostal
    I love Prescott, actually I like the Walker area. It's so beautiful there.

18. allieisme

allieisme I am ME

+344
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Republican
    I would love to live up North.. Its soooo expensive though isnt it?

19. molly

molly Just a child of God

+14
    Non-Denom
    I too am from Az, and I'm green deprived! I find myself looking at trees with such great amazement! .......

20. Miaka-Chan

Miaka-Chan Wife, Mom, Teacher

+7
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    ah.... but how I HATE the cold...