AZ here....

FLAGSTAFF HERE!!!!!!!!

hee hee... funny, i never think of 'hot' or 'desert' when i imagine AZ. I grew up in flag though...lol, i think of cool nights, warm days, nice showers.... flipping on the AC when it's 75 outside....relaxing at the pool when it's 80 (hee hee) and the smell of pine trees....yummy..

Man I love this place, but YES the cost of living is enough to make anyone :sick: LOL

Upvote 0

MysticSmurf

MouseGurl
Apr 13, 2004
Oklahoma
✟7,981.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
allieisme said:
Well we have the Music Pastor.. 6 people on mics and about 25-30 choir members.
Thats cool... Thats pretty good for a church choir... our group hand about 250 people in it... it was chaos... 6 charter buses to get from Oklahoma to AZ and back... and it was crazy trying to keep everyone in one place... but it was tons of fun... I like smaller groups though.

Upvote 0

Brimshack

Mar 23, 2002
Arizona
✟12,010.00
Faith
Atheist
sweetladyaz said:
FLAGSTAFF HERE!!!!!!!!

hee hee... funny, i never think of 'hot' or 'desert' when i imagine AZ. I grew up in flag though...lol, i think of cool nights, warm days, nice showers.... flipping on the AC when it's 75 outside....relaxing at the pool when it's 80 (hee hee) and the smell of pine trees....yummy..

Man I love this place, but YES the cost of living is enough to make anyone :sick: LOL

I'll be darned. You have a green skinned heathen for a neighbor.

Upvote 0

missionarypoet

logodaedalical
Jan 14, 2004
Arizona
Visit site
✟10,365.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Russebby said:
Born in Albuquerque
Raised in Flagstaff
Living in Phoenix

Just glad I'm not in Tucson.

That's really funny! I live in Tucson and feel exactly the same way about Phoenix. What makes you like Phoenix better? I prefer Tucson because of the cooler weather and more plant life. Phoenix does beat Tucson for ease to travel in though- goodness, you'd think we've never heard of highways, lol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Russebby

Student of the human condition
Aug 24, 2004
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
✟487.00
Faith
Christian
missionarypoet said:
That's really funny! I live in Tucson and feel exactly the same way about Phoenix. What makes you like Phoenix better? I prefer Tucson because of the cooler weather and more plant life. Phoenix does beat Tucson for ease to travel in though- goodness, you'd think we've never heard of highways, lol.
Everybody needs a rival. For Phoenix, it will always be Tucson, and vice versa. Nothing like a good border dispute to stir the pot.

As a Phoenician, I watched the U of A-Kentucky game in the NCAA basketball finals in I think 1998, on one hand rooting for the Wildcats, but at the same time rooting against them--if any team in Arizona was going to win its first major championship, it was going to be from the Phoenix area.

A few years ago I went back to school--ASU, the big campus in Tempe. And U of A got to the basketball championship game again, this time against I think Duke and lost by 10 points. This time I knew they didn't stand a chance, and I rooted against them with much more vitality.

Then the Diamondbacks won the Series in 2001, which in my twisted reality trumped Tucson's U of A championship.

The great Danny White always says that he never spent the night in Tucson, that he always made sure he left before it got dark.

In all actuality, Tucson is a great city, it certainly has more character than many places in Phoenix. It's not quite as hellaciously hot there, it actually snows there once in a while. But it's also got more than its fair share of dirt. Beautiful presidio and missions there.

Ever listen to the Jim Rome show? Jim likes a good border skirmish, so for a segment he had all-Arizona radio, and for 20 minutes he had nothing but Phoenix callers ragging on Tucson and Tucson ragging on Phoenix. One of the most hilarious things I've ever heard on radio. Jim would reaad faxes from others around the country bagging on all of us--my cacti is bigger than your cacti, my adobe is better than your adobe.

I had a buddy from high school in Flagstaff who went to U of A and referred to my alma mater, ASU as AS-who? So I know Tucson can dish it out as good as they take it.

It's all in good-natured ribbing, and it's part of Arizona culture.

Upvote 0

Russebby

Aug 24, 2004
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
✟487.00
Faith
Christian
sweetladyaz said:
FLAGSTAFF HERE!!!!!!!!

My hometown! Graduated from Coconino High, Class of 1987. Grew up in Smokerise.

Closest I've been to Flag lately was when the family went to the cabin near Clints Well. I took a drive to Mormon Lake, or should I say, what's left of it. Nice little marsh there now. This frikkin drought, I thought it was bad here in Phoenix, shriveling up our monsoons. But poor Mormon Lake! From what I hear, ALL the lakes up there are drying up.

Upvote 0

Russebby

Aug 24, 2004
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
✟487.00
Faith
Christian
allieisme said:
Chloride? Umm, I have never heard of that, where is that? I LOVE the Grand Canyon, I would love to live farther up North, to see the Grand Canyon more often
Chloride is on US 93 between Kingman and Hoover Dam. Old silver mining town, I believe.

Like most of northern Arizona, that part of the state--Kingman, Bullhead City, Lake Havasu City, Parker--is growing by leaps and bounds. Breaks my heart whenever I drive north of Cordes Junction; I consider the part of the world north of Cordes Junction, south of Kanab, east of Needles, and west of Tucumcari my home turf.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
W

woman.at.the.well

You know this area very well! I'm in Havasu :) The old mining towns really are neat to see - good suggestion. I like Oatman too. It's little but it has some character.

You're right about the growth! We moved out here in 1976 and I can't believe how much it has grown. It's phenomenal.

Where exactly did you live out this way Russebby? If you don't mind sharing that is :wave:

God bless!

Russebby said:
Chloride is on US 93 between Kingman and Hoover Dam. Old silver mining town, I believe.

Like most of northern Arizona, that part of the state--Kingman, Bullhead City, Lake Havasu City, Parker--is growing by leaps and bounds. Breaks my heart whenever I drive north of Cordes Junction; I consider the part of the world north of Cordes Junction, south of Kanab, east of Needles, and west of Tucumcari my home turf.

Upvote 0

CarrieAg93

Senior Veteran
Oct 18, 2004
Texas
✟19,397.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh bless it I miss Arizona. Lived in Sierra Vista for four years. I'm currently in Houston. Really miss the dry heat, dust devils and monsoon season. :cry:

I grew up in Houston and now live in Peoria. I MISS TEXAS!! Wanna trade? :D

Upvote 0