Hudson
✟284,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Yes, it's a great puzzle. Something that I was never clear on was why there isn't two solutions, depending on what one assumes from your hint. (I've always seen two answers to your hint, is there really only one?) Don't tell me now, but just curious if it clear to you?

I saw two possible solutions, so it was not immediately to me that there is only one solution. Now that you've mentioned that there is only one solution, I have a inkling about how that might be established, though I have not yet been able to concretely prove that is the case.

Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

Lion IRC

Sep 10, 2012
✟19,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lion IRC vs Carl Emerson
1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nc6
3. Pd4...

20210317_185036.jpg

Upvote 0

Elear

Mar 7, 2021
New England
✟19,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I used to be somewhat good at chess. When I was in school, I was in the chess club, and played first board at several tournaments, winning every game that I played, including the state championship for my grade level. When that happened, the chess club signed us up for lessons with a chess master. Around then, the game stopped being fun for me. I just played spontaneously, not thinking too much about it, trying to enjoy the game and not worrying too much about whether I won or lost. It didn't make sense to me to study it in-depth when it was just a game that had no real-world significance, so when it started being treated like something serious, it lost its enjoyment for me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lion IRC

Sep 10, 2012
✟19,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I used to be somewhat good at chess. When I was in school, I was in the chess club, and played first board at several tournaments, winning every game that I played, including the state championship for my grade level. When that happened, the chess club signed us up for lessons with a chess master. Around then, the game stopped being fun for me. I just played spontaneously, not thinking too much about it, trying to enjoy the game and not worrying too much about whether I won or lost. It didn't make sense to me to study it in-depth when it was just a game that had no real-world significance, so when it started being treated like something serious, it lost its enjoyment for me.

I can see how its possible to turn a game into a chore.
Whilst I enjoy the cerebral gymnastics, its gotta stay at the level of fun.
And for some reason I rate higher in rapid chess (10 minute games) than I do in 7 day games.

Upvote 0

Lion IRC

Sep 10, 2012
✟19,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm...now I gotta contend with her.
Are you trying to intimidate me? LOL
OK
Now this game's getting serious :swoon:

Here is the board position after...
1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nc6
3. d4 d5
4. Bb5 Bd7
5. Bxc6 Bxc6
6. Nxe5 Qf6
7. Nxc6...

Carl Emerson (black to move)
20210320_140225.jpg

Lion IRC (white)

PS - hope its ok for us to chat over the board? #friendly_game. And I dont mind if folks wanna chat with us about the game/moves if you're ok with that :beercheers:

Also, credit and thanks to Caissa's Web PGN Editor for their excellent and easy to use board image/gif generator.
www.caissa.com/chess-tools/pgn-editor.php
PGN - Portable Game Notation

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is all good, I just play for enjoyment.

I was above average 60 years ago and find that it helps my brain to stay fit at this stage of life.

I have a score of about 1400 on Chess.com so nothing special - you can relax.

Reactions: Lion IRC
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm...now I gotta contend with her.
Are you trying to intimidate me? LOL
OK
Now this game's getting serious :swoon:

Here is the board position after...
1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nc6
3. d4 d5
4. Bb5 Bd7
5. Bxc6 Bxc6
6. Nxe5 Qf6
7. Nxc6...

Carl Emerson (black to move)
View attachment 296525
Lion IRC (white)

PS - hope its ok for us to chat over the board? #friendly_game. And I dont mind if folks wanna chat with us about the game/moves if you're ok with that :beercheers:

Also, credit and thanks to Caissa's Web PGN Editor for their excellent and easy to use board image/gif generator.
www.caissa.com/chess-tools/pgn-editor.php
PGN - Portable Game Notation

QxC6

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lion IRC

Sep 10, 2012
✟19,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is all good, I just play for enjoyment.

I was above average 60 years ago and find that it helps my brain to stay fit at this stage of life.

I have a score of about 1400 on Chess.com so nothing special - you can relax.

1400 !!!
Yikes.
:bow:

Upvote 0