And since the BODY OF CHRIST is going to HEAVEN , what will you be doing ?

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
'But rise, and stand upon thy feet:
for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose,
to make thee a minister and a witness
both of these things which thou hast seen,
and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;'
(Act 26:16)

1) ... to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen.
2) ... and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee

:)

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
'Dare any of you, having a matter against another,
go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?
Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world?
and if the world shall be judged by you,
are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
Know ye not that we shall judge angels?
how much more things that pertain to this life?

(1 Cor 6:1-3)

Hello @Dan Perez ,

The epistle to the Corinthians was written prior to the Divine revelation concerning 'the Church which is His Body, the fulness of Him that filleth all in all' was revealed to Paul: so this is not for application specifically to that company.

That company will be in heavenly places in Christ Jesus, for that is where their blessings will be enjoyed (Ephesians 1:3).

In Christ Jesus
Chris
[/QUOTE] SINCE Paul had been entrusted with a DISPENSTION in 1 Cor 9:17 and in 1 Cor 12:13 Paul wrote how saved believers enter the BODY OF CHRIST , whether Jews or GREEKS .

Do you than believe that Paul spoke of two different BODIES OF CHRIST ?

Where is that found , as I missed it ?

dan p

And how do you explain 1 Cor 9:17

Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
SINCE Paul had been entrusted with a DISPENSATION in 1 Cor 9:17: and in 1 Cor 12:13 Paul wrote how saved believers enter the BODY OF CHRIST; whether Jews or GREEKS.

Do you then believe that Paul spoke of two different BODIES OF CHRIST ?
Where is that found, as I missed it ? And how do you explain 1 Cor 9:17
dan p
[/QUOTE]
'For if I do this thing willingly,
I have a reward:
but if against my will,
a dispensation of the gospel
is committed unto me.'

(1 Cor. 9:17)

'For as the body is one,
and hath many members,
and all the members of that one body,
being many, are one body:
so also is Christ.
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body,
whether we be Jews or Gentiles,
whether we be bond or free;
and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.'

(1Corinthians 12:12-13)

Hello Dan,

This section is clearly concerning spiritual gifts. The human body with it's various parts is being used to illustrate the distribution of those spiritual gifts.

The Church which is His Body, the fulness of Him that filleth all in all, is 'a joint body', made up of believing Jews and Gentiles, who have Christ as it's Head. It is an equality: therefore are no parts which are less honourable than another. For they come as equals before God in Christ: Jews having no spiritual privilege's in the body of Christ; as they did as a nation who were, to God, 'My People,' prior to their becoming Lo-ammi at Acts 28: and salvation having been 'sent to the Gentiles' (Acts 28:28), it was no longer 'of' the Jew only (John 4:22).

The dispensation which was given to Paul in 1 Corinthians 9:17, was 'a dispensation of the gospel' . Whereas the dispensation committed to Him later in his ministry concerned the church which is Christ's Body, as revealed in his later epistles (Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 2 Timothy, Titus and Philemon), is described as 'a dispensation of the grace of God', it concerns 'the fulness of times', and 'fulfils the word of God'.

I will have to leave this at this point rather inadequately, I'm afraid, for I have vertigo at present, so reading, and computer use is a problem.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
'Whereof I was made a minister,
according to the gift of the grace of God
given unto me by the effectual working of His power.
Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints,
is this grace given,
that I should preach among the Gentiles
the unsearchable riches of Christ;
And to make all men see
what is the fellowship of the mystery,
which from the beginning of the world
hath been hid in God,
Who created all things by Jesus Christ:
To the intent that now
unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places
might be known by the church
the manifold wisdom of God,
According to the eternal purpose
which He purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:
In Whom we have boldness and access
with confidence by the faith of Him.'

(Eph 3:7-12)

Praise God!

Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
'There is -
.. one body, and
.... one Spirit, even as ye are called in
...... one hope of your calling;
........ One Lord,
.......... one faith,
............ one baptism,
.............. One God and Father of all,
Who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
But unto every one of us is given grace
according to the measure of the gift of Christ.'

(Eph 4:4-7)

Praise His Holy Name!

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
SINCE Paul had been entrusted with a DISPENSATION in 1 Cor 9:17: and in 1 Cor 12:13 Paul wrote how saved believers enter the BODY OF CHRIST; whether Jews or GREEKS.

Do you then believe that Paul spoke of two different BODIES OF CHRIST ?
Where is that found, as I missed it ? And how do you explain 1 Cor 9:17
dan p
'For if I do this thing willingly,
I have a reward:
but if against my will,
a dispensation of the gospel
is committed unto me.'

(1 Cor. 9:17)

'For as the body is one,
and hath many members,
being many, are one body:
so also is Christ.

(1Corinthians 12:12-13)

Hello Dan,

This section is clearly concerning spiritual gifts. The human body with it's various parts is being used to illustrate the distribution of those spiritual gifts.

The Church which is His Body, the fulness of Him that filleth all in all, is 'a joint body', made up of believing Jews and Gentiles, who have Christ as it's Head. It is an equality: therefore are no parts which are less honourable than another. For they come as equals before God in Christ: Jews having no spiritual privilege's in the body of Christ; as they did as a nation who were, to God, 'My People,' prior to their becoming Lo-ammi at Acts 28: and salvation having been 'sent to the Gentiles' (Acts 28:28), it was no longer 'of' the Jew only (John 4:22).

The dispensation which was given to Paul in 1 Corinthians 9:17, was 'a dispensation of the gospel' . Whereas the dispensation committed to Him later in his ministry concerned the church which is Christ's Body, as revealed in his later epistles (Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 2 Timothy, Titus and Philemon), is described as 'a dispensation of the grace of God', it concerns 'the fulness of times', and 'fulfils the word of God'.

I will have to leave this at this point rather inadequately, I'm afraid, for I have vertigo at present, so reading, and computer use is a problem.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris[/QUOTE

Are you then saying that Paul was given 2 gospels ?

Are you saying that Galatians and 1 and 2 Corinthians are NOT to the B ODY of CHRIST ?

And 1 Cor 12:13 is NOT body truth ?

dan p

Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
@Dan Perez said:-
(a) Are you then saying that Paul was given 2 gospels?
(b) Are you saying that Galatians and 1 and 2 Corinthians are NOT to the BODY of CHRIST?
(c) And 1 Cor12:13 is NOT body truth?

'And I said, Who art thou, Lord?
And He said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.
But rise, and stand upon thy feet:

(1) both of these things which thou hast seen,
(2) and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;'
(Act 26:15-16)

Hello @Dan Perez,

a) Looking at the words of the risen Lord, of Acts 26:15-16 (above) you can see clearly two expressed objectives in view, for Paul and his ministry as an Apostle of the risen Christ.

b) All Scripture is give by inspiration of God and is profitable to us, but not all is ABOUT us.

c) 1 Corinthians 12:13, was written prior to the giving of the revelation of God to Paul concerning the Church which is the Body of Christ. So it can have no direct relation to it. For the knowledge concerning this company was, 'hid in God,' since the world began (Ephesians 3:9), and only revealed to Paul while in prison in Rome. For just prior to going to Rome, when speaking to the Ephesians elders in Acts 20 (below), he tells them that he had made known to them all the counsel of God that he himself had received. Yet in the summary he gives of the ministry he had fulfilled in their hearing (in that chapter), there is no mention of the Mystery: so it could not yet been given to him.

'Wherefore I take you to record this day,
that I am pure from the blood of all men.
For I have not shunned to declare unto you
all the counsel of God.'

(Act 20:26)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hello @Dan Perez,

a) Looking at the words of the risen Lord, of Acts 26:15-16 (above) you can see clearly two expressed objectives in view, for Paul and his ministry as an Apostle of the risen Christ.

b) All Scripture is give by inspiration of God and is profitable to us, but not all is ABOUT us.

c) 1 Corinthians 12:13, was written prior to the giving of the revelation of God to Paul concerning the Church which is the Body of Christ. So it can have no direct relation to it. For the knowledge concerning this company was, 'hid in God,' since the world began (Ephesians 3:9), and only revealed to Paul while in prison in Rome. For just prior to going to Rome, when speaking to the Ephesians elders in Acts 20 (below), he tells them that he had made known to them all the counsel of God that he himself had received. Yet in the summary he gives of the ministry he had fulfilled in their hearing (in that chapter), there is no mention of the Mystery: so it could not yet been given to him.

all the counsel of God.'

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
AND 1 Cor 12:13 you say is a spiritual gift , NEVER and if you believe , where in Eph ---Phil do you enter the BODY OF CHRIST ?

Rom 1:1 says that Paul was SEPARATED / APHORIZO and means LIMITED to only preach God's Gospel and APHORIZO means LIMITED to only preach God's Gospel !

Is the MYSTERY in Rom 16:25 different FROM Col1:26 ?

dan p

Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
AND 1 Cor 12:13 you say is a spiritual gift , NEVER and if you believe , where in Eph ---Phil do you enter the BODY OF CHRIST ?

Rom 1:1 says that Paul was SEPARATED / APHORIZO and means LIMITED to only preach God's Gospel and APHORIZO means LIMITED to only preach God's Gospel !

Is the MYSTERY in Rom 16:25 different FROM Col1:26 ?

dan p
'For as the body is one, and hath many members,
being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

(1Cor. 12:12-13)

Hello @Dan Perez,

You have mistaken me, Dan. I said, that this whole section of 1 Corinthians 12 is concerning spiritual gifts, and their administration to each member of the church at Corinth. Who would not all receive the same gift: for as with each member of the human body, they all had individual functions to perform according to God's will, and would be equipped accordingly. The source of those gifts is the Holy Spirit.

The truth concerning the Church which is the Body of Christ was made known following it's revelation, by God to Paul, from his imprisonment at Rome. The Epistles written from prison were those written to the Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 2 Timothy, Titus and Philemon. So only in these epistles are we told of God's purpose for this company.

Our Lord told Paul at His conversion that He would appear to Paul again at a later date (Acts 26:16): and that is what happened (Ephesians 3); and a further stewardship (i.e., dispensation) was given to Paul, in addition to the dispensation of the gospel referred to in 1Corinthians 9:17.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hello @Dan Perez,

all the counsel of God.'

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

And have you read Rom 16:Now to him that is of power to STABLISH you according to my Gospel , and the preaching of Jesus , according to the Revelation of the MYSTERY ,which was Kept secret since the world began .

And where do you begin the BODY OF CHRIST ?

WILL you nsay that there are 2 messages of the MYSTERY thatb Paul preached ?

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And have you read Rom 16:Now to him that is of power to STABLISH you according to my Gospel , and the preaching of Jesus , according to the Revelation of the MYSTERY ,which was Kept secret since the world began .

dan p
Hello Dan,

Thank you for your reply. I am aware of the reference to 'Mystery' in Romans 16. I have read that this postscript was added following the revelation of the Mystery. (1) I have also heard it said that the 'Mystery' referred to there is that which is revealed within the epistle of Romans itself, within 5:12 to 8:39, concerning the believers identification with Christ in His death, burial, quickening and resurrection. (2) Also heard that it could also refer to the Mystery of Israel's blindness also revealed in Romans.

My reason for believing that it does not refer to the Mystery revealed to Paul, by the risen Christ, and made known by Paul in the letters written from prison, is decided because of the description of it in Romans 16:25-26 itself (compare the content of Romans 1:1-7).

'Now to Him That is of power to establish you
According to my gospel, And the preaching of Jesus Christ,
According to the revelation of the mystery,
Which was kept secret since the world began.
But now is made manifest, and by the Scriptures of the prophets,
According to the commandment of the everlasting God,
Made known to all nations for the obedience of faith.'

* The Mystery made known to Paul alone to administer as a steward, concerning the Church which is Christ's Body, in Ephesians 3: was not the subject of Old Testament prophecy. The Mystery of Christ, also referred to in Ephesians 3, and made known to all the Apostles, as well as Paul, was the subject of the Old Testament prophets, and is what comprised the gospel of the grace of God, for the obedience of faith. It is that 'Mystery' which is referred to in Romans 16:25-26 I believe.

* In answer to your second question, I believe that the Church which is the Body of Christ began following the departure of the dispersion of Israel at the end of the 40 yrs of the Acts period, when salvation was sent to the Gentiles in Acts 28:28.

* Your third point regarding the presence of two mysteries in Ephesians 3: yes, I believe that Paul refers to 'The Mystery of Christ', revealed to all the Apostles of Christ, and 'The Mystery' which was made to Paul only, concerning the fellowship of the Mystery, and the unsearchable riches of Christ.

Thank you so much for asking
Within the love of Christ our Saviour,
Our Lord and Head.
Chris

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Dan,

Thank you for your reply. I am aware of the reference to 'Mystery' in Romans 16. I have read that this postscript was added following the revelation of the Mystery. (1) I have also heard it said that the 'Mystery' referred to there is that which is revealed within the epistle of Romans itself, within 5:12 to 8:39, concerning the believers identification with Christ in His death, burial, quickening and resurrection. (2) Also heard that it could also refer to the Mystery of Israel's blindness also revealed in Romans.

My reason for believing that it does not refer to the Mystery revealed to Paul, by the risen Christ, and made known by Paul in the letters written from prison, is decided because of the description of it in Romans 16:25-26 itself (compare the content of Romans 1:1-7).

'Now to Him That is of power to establish you
According to my gospel, And the preaching of Jesus Christ,
According to the revelation of the mystery,
Which was kept secret since the world began.
But now is made manifest, and by the Scriptures of the prophets,
According to the commandment of the everlasting God,
Made known to all nations for the obedience of faith.'

* The Mystery made known to Paul alone to administer as a steward, concerning the Church which is Christ's Body, in Ephesians 3: was not the subject of Old Testament prophecy. The Mystery of Christ, also referred to in Ephesians 3, and made known to all the Apostles, as well as Paul, was the subject of the Old Testament prophets, and is what comprised the gospel of the grace of God, for the obedience of faith. It is that 'Mystery' which is referred to in Romans 16:25-26 I believe.

* In answer to your second question, I believe that the Church which is the Body of Christ began following the departure of the dispersion of Israel at the end of the 40 yrs of the Acts period, when salvation was sent to the Gentiles in Acts 28:28.

* Your third point regarding the presence of two mysteries in Ephesians 3: yes, I believe that Paul refers to 'The Mystery of Christ', revealed to all the Apostles of Christ, and 'The Mystery' which was made to Paul only, concerning the fellowship of the Mystery, and the unsearchable riches of Christ.

Thank you so much for asking
Within the love of Christ our Saviour,
Our Lord and Head.
Chris

Hi , and did not have a verse where the BODY OF CHRIST BEGAN ?

And Part of Rom 16:26 is a POSTSCRIPT , REALLY ?

In Rom 16:25 says YOU / HYMAS is a PERSONAL POSSESSIVE PRONOUN , ACCUCATIVE CASE , PLURAL and means that THEY possess Paul's gospel and that Gospel is in ACCUSATIVE CASE is limited to Paul's Gospel .

#2 The Greek words KEPT SECRET / SIGAO is in the Greek PERFECT TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE , AND A PARTICIPLE .
A better translation HAVING BEEN KEPT SILENT , the Participle is the word HAVING as all Participles END IN ING .
#3 The PASSIVE VOICE means it is Christ causing the action .

#4 It is in the Greek PERFET TENSE and means HAVING BEEN KEPT SILENT means that when revealed it , is WILL KEPT SILENT until Christ coming back for the B O C .

#5 And Romans was written before Eph 3:2 and that means there are 2 B O C .

So where do you begin the B O C and your take on THAT and who was first saved to begin the BODY ?

dan p

Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

dan p
Hello Dan,

Romans was written at the end of the Acts period I believe. So why are you getting knotted up about this. It provides the basis for the teaching of Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 2 Timothy and Titus. The central portion particularly, 5:12-8:39. Ephesians takes us from our resurrection with Christ, to our ascension with Him to God's right hand.

The truth concerning the Body of Christ was revealed to bring healing, and unity, to a Christian community with Israel scattered among the nations, and the Olive tree no longer in place. To bring peace and unity to a company made one in Christ Jesus, with Christ as it's Head.

Paul's message did change after Acts 28, as a reading of His prison epistles show clearly. I have told you that I believe that the Body of Christ began with revelation from the risen Christ, through Paul as the Lord's prisoner: for faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.

You cannot believe what you have not heard.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Dan,

Romans was written at the end of the Acts period I believe. So why are you getting knotted up about this. It provides the basis for the teaching of Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 2 Timothy and Titus. The central portion particularly, 5:12-8:39. Ephesians takes us from our resurrection with Christ, to our ascension with Him to God's right hand.

The truth concerning the Body of Christ was revealed to bring healing, and unity, to a Christian community with Israel scattered among the nations, and the Olive tree no longer in place. To bring peace and unity to a company made one in Christ Jesus, with Christ as it's Head.

Paul's message did change after Acts 28, as a reading of His prison epistles show clearly. I have told you that I believe that the Body of Christ began with revelation from the risen Christ, through Paul as the Lord's prisoner: for faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.

I am surprised that you question this, D
Chris

Why are you surprised and , where the B O C began as many real believers are spread between the following .
#1 Acts 2
#2 Acts 9
#3 Acts 11
#4 Acts 13
#5 Acts 28

In our ASSEMBLY we had Acts 2 , 9 , 13 and 28 and I respected their views and they respect my views , BUT we did CLASH , a time or two .

But I am surprised that you never said where the B O C did BEGIN and want to see where we DIFFER .

And who was the FIRST person in the B O C ?

And how a person enters the B O C ?

dan p

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And 1 Cor 6:2 and 3 say what we will be doing in the HEAVENLIES .

In verse 2 , you SHALL JUDGE / KRINO is in the Greek FUTURE TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD .

#2 The Greek word THE / HO is a DEFINITE ARTICILE and it points to what we are going to , the world .

#3 The word word THE /HO definitely means the WORLD / KOMOS in the ACCUSATIVE CASE .

#4 And WE SHALL JUDGE / KRINO is in the Greek FUTURE TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD .

#5 And also judge ANGELS / ANGELOS , in the ACCUSATIVE CASE and is PLURAL .

#6 Nor to mention , things pertaining to this life ?

WE are all being watch as to HOW we judge and read verse 4 !!

dan p

Well if I’m going to be judging in Heaven I think I would make a great barbecue judge. I’d be really good at going around and judging how good everyone’s barbecue is.

• Haha
Reactions: readywriter
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well if I’m going to be judging in Heaven I think I would make a great barbecue judge. I’d be really good at going around and judging how good everyone’s barbecue is.

No barbecues , and we will be GOVERNING in the in the place of CHRIST !!

dan p

Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why are you surprised and , where the B O C began as many real believers are spread between the following .
#1 Acts 2
#2 Acts 9
#3 Acts 11
#4 Acts 13
#5 Acts 28

In our ASSEMBLY we had Acts 2 , 9 , 13 and 28 and I respected their views and they respect my views , BUT we did CLASH , a time or two .

But I am surprised that you never said where the B O C did BEGIN and want to see where we DIFFER .

And who was the FIRST person in the B O C ?

And how a person enters the B O C ?

dan p
Hi Dan,

I have already addressed those points in my responses to you.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No barbecues , and we will be GOVERNING in the in the place of CHRIST !!

dan p

Apparently we will eat in heaven according to what Jesus said at the Last Supper. Personally I picture lots of huge cookouts and gatherings for worship and fellowship in heaven. I’m not sure what exactly we would be governing.

Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Apparently we will eat in heaven according to what Jesus said at the Last Supper. Personally I picture lots of huge cookouts and gatherings for worship and fellowship in heaven. I’m not sure what exactly we would be governing.
We will be all of one mind then. For we will know, even as we are now known, i.e., COMPLETELY.

Praise God!

:heart:

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We will be all of one mind then. For we will know, even as we are now known, i.e., COMPLETELY.

Praise God!

:heart:
And you will

And John 22:18 that I say unto you , I will not drink of the fruit of the vine , until the Kingdom of God come in .

The Greek word NOT / OV is a DISJUNCATIVE PARTICILE NEGATIVE and it means NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT until the Kingdom of God shall come .

This is for Israel and NOT for the B O C .

dan p

Upvote 0