Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul says in Hebrews 6:1 , LEAVING // APHIEMI is in the Greek AORIST TENSE or passed tense , ACTIVE VOICE , meaning , Christ is causing the action

of leaving is a Participle , in the NOMINATIVE CASE in the PLURAL .

THE // HO , is a DEFINITE ARTICLE in the GENITIVE CASE , means of description , in the SINGULAR

PRINCIPLES // ARCHE , in the GENITIVE CASE , of Description in the Singular .

OF THE // HO is definite article in the ACCUSATIVE CASE means of Limitation an in the SIGNULAR

DOCTRINE // LOGOS is in the ACCUSATIVE CASE an is SINGULAR .

OF CHRIST // CHRISTOS , in the Genitive Case , in the SINGULAR .

LET US GO ON // PHERO , PRESENT TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE and means Christ ill do all the action .

PERFECTION // TELEIOTES in the ACCUSATIVE CASE , IN THE SINGULAR .

NOT // ME is a DISJUNCATIVE PARTICILE NEGATIVE and means NEVER to go back to what as taught .

LAYING // KATABALLO in the PRESENT TENSE , MIDDLE VOICE , PARTICIPLE in the NOMINATIVE CASE , in the PLURAL .

THE FOUNDATION // THEMELIOS , in the ACCUSATIVE CASE , in the SIGULAR .

OF REPENTANCE // METANOIO is in the GENITIVE CASE , SINGULAR

DEAD // NEKRAS , is in the GENITIVE CASE , in NEUTER , MEANING , Male or Female

WORKS // ERGON , in the GENITIVE CASE in the PLURAL in the NEUTER , meaning Male or Female .

OF FAITH // PISTIS , in the GENTIVE CASE , in the SINGULAR and in the NEUTER , meaning Male or Female .

TOWARD GOD // THEOS , in the ACCUSATIVE CASE , in the Singular .

dan p

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Like many other of Paul's epistles Hebrews was written to bring back distracted believers to Christ.

Colossians - bringing them back from philosophy and culture, to Christ.

Galatians - bringing them back from law keeping Judaism, to Christ.

First Corinthians - bringing them back from division and immaturity to Christ.

Second Corinthians - bringing them back from criticizing the apostles serving them as slaves, to Christ.

Hebrews - bringing them back from hesitating, wavering, and wishy washy Jewish believers from going back to the Judiasm, to Christ.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, he actually put his name on Romans.
We don't have a clear record of who penned Hebrews. I think Paul wrote it,
but not standing on his typical ground as an apostle. Rather he teaches as a fellow Hebrew brother equal status as
his needy Jewish audience.

I think the repeated reference that the Scripture said this or that was God's
way of saying "Don't miss the point. God said this and God said that."

"The emphasis of this book is that God, not man, has spoken. Therefore it does not mention who the writer of

this book is, nor in all its quotations from the Old Testament does it mention the speaker's name.
According to the concept of this book, the entire Scripture is the speaking of God. Hence when it refers

to the Old Testament, it says that it was the Holy Spirit's speaking (3:7; 9:8; 10:15-17)" WL

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We don't have a clear record of who penned Hebrews. I think Paul wrote it,
but not standing on his typical ground as an apostle. Rather he teaches as a fellow Hebrew brother equal status as
his needy Jewish audience.

I think the repeated reference that the Scripture said this or that was God's
way of saying "Don't miss the point. God said this and God said that."

"The emphasis of this book is that God, not man, has spoken. Therefore it does not mention who the writer of

this book is, nor in all its quotations from the Old Testament does it mention the speaker's name.
According to the concept of this book, the entire Scripture is the speaking of God. Hence when it refers

to the Old Testament, it says that it was the Holy Spirit's speaking (3:7; 9:8; 10:15-17)" WL
I believe that it was Paul who wrote Hebrews and in time I will present it !!

dan p

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟164,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
[2Th 3:17-18 NIV] I, Paul, write this greeting in my own hand, which is the distinguishing mark in all my letters. This is how I write. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.

[Romans 16:20b] ...The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.

[1 Corinthians 16:23] The grace of the Lord Jesus be with you.

[2 Corinthians 13:14] May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

[Galations 6:18] The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brothers and sisters. Amen.

[Ephesians 6:24] Grace to all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with an undying love.

[Philipians 4:23] The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.

[Colosians 4:18] I, Paul, write this greeting in my own hand. Remember my chains. Grace be with you.

[1 Thessalonians 5:28] The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

[2 Thessalonians 3:18] The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.

[1 Timothy 6:21b] ...Grace be with you all.

[2 Timothy 4:22b] ...Grace be with you all.

[Titus 3:15c] ... Grace be with you all.

[Philemom 1:25] The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit.

[Hebrews 13:25]
Grace be with you all.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Eh, I still think Apollos is the more likely writer.

But the fact is that Spirit-filled men much closer to the writer, his context, and his intentions than any of us declined to name any of the likely candidates the actual writer.
And Acts 9:15 the Lord commission was to to bear God's name , before GENTILE'S and kings , and the sons of Israel is just another PROOF that it had to be Paul , who wrote Hebrews !!

dan p

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,896.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And Acts 9:15 the Lord commission was to to bear God's name , before GENTILE'S and kings , and the sons of Israel is just another PROOF that it had to be Paul , who wrote Hebrews !!

dan p
But Paul himself said: "But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles)" (Galatians 2).

So if Paul himself said that he was apostle to the Gentiles and Peter was apostle to the Jews, why would he write a letter to the Hebrews? So, Acts 9:15 alone doesn't prove your point. You need two or three witnesses.

What makes you think you're smarter and more spirit-filled than all the bishops of the Council of Nicaea? And if you are...where is your bible?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But Paul himself said: "But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles)" (Galatians 2).

So if Paul himself said that he was apostle to the Gentiles and Peter was apostle to the Jews, why would he write a letter to the Hebrews? So, Acts 9:15 alone doesn't prove your point. You need two or three witnesses.

What makes you think you're smarter and more spirit-filled than all the bishops of the Council of Nicaea? And if you are...where is your bible?
All the Gal 2:7 does is PROOF that Peter was a Preached of the CIRCUMCISION and that means he was a LAW KEEPER and in Gal 2:11 Peter as condemned to his FACE BY Paul .

And in Gal 2:13 the rest of the JEWS also PRETENDED with HIM ( he means Peter ) , so that EVEN Barnabas was carried away with their HYPOCRISY in other words Paul called Peter a HYPOCITE .

And in Gal 2:14 since you being a Jew , live like a GENTILES and NOT // OU is a DISJUNCATIVE PARTICILE NEGATIVE , proving that

he lived as a GENTILE and DID NOT LIVE AS A JEW , why ???

do you COMPEL the Gentiles to ADOPT Jewish CUSTOMS and RITES .

My bible is right in front of me and that is what I believe , nor do I believe in SO-CALLED TRADITIONS so called .

dan p

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All the Gal 2:7 does is PROOF that Peter was a Preached of the CIRCUMCISION and that means he was a LAW KEEPER and in Gal 2:11 Peter as condemned to his FACE BY Paul .
It just meas Peter preached mainly to the Jews. Paul caught him in a moment of hypocrisy and weakness and publically admonished him. He did so for the sake of preserving the truth of the gospel.
And in Gal 2:13 the rest of the JEWS also PRETENDED with HIM ( he means Peter ) , so that EVEN Barnabas was carried away with their HYPOCRISY in other words Paul called Peter a HYPOCITE .
Peter was an apostle of repute being of the original twelve. Paul was a younger apostle who at first persecuted the church while
Peter was already risking his life to preach the gospel.

In a moment of fear of man Peter acted like a disciple of Jesus still with one foot in the old Judiasm.
Because of his repute even Barnabus thought he better follow Peter's lead.

Thank God in this situation Paul was steady and stood firm that that gospel of grace would come down to us today.
It is all the more striking when the older man Peter recommends the wisdom of Paul given to him.

. . . our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, wrote to you, As also in all his letters, speaking in them concerning these things, in which some things are hard to understand, which the unlearned and unstable twist, as also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction. (2 Pet. 3:16,17)

Peter really here practiced - . . . and all of you gird yourselves with humility toward one another, because God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble. (1 Pet. 5:5b)

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟164,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In a moment of fear of man Peter acted like a disciple of Jesus still with one foot in the old Judiasm.
Because of his repute even Barnabus thought he better follow Peter's lead.
Yes, Peter, 'Petered out', he fluctuated even though he knew better. Paul was always a pillar and resilient.

[Heb 2:1 NIV] We must pay the most careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, Peter, 'Petered out', he fluctuated even though he knew better. Paul was always a pillar and resilient.

[Heb 2:1 NIV] We must pay the most careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away.
I thank the Lord for the example of Peter. Throughout the New Testament his fallings and getting back up are seen many times.

• Agree
Reactions: Paul4JC
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I thank the Lord for the example of Peter. Throughout the New Testament his fallings and getting back up are seen many times.
And yet to see by anyone , how was Peter saved ?

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And yet to see by anyone , how was Peter saved ?

dan p
I am not sure what you mean.

In God's wisdom we have Peter as a model that we be not discouraged.
And we have Paul as another model that we be full of encouragement.

Both were unlikely sinners who have become pillars in the house of God - pillars testifying God's faithfulness.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not sure what you mean.

In God's wisdom we have Peter as a model that we be not discouraged.
And we have Paul as another model that we be full of encouragement.

Both were unlikely sinners who have become pillars in the house of God - pillars testifying God's faithfulness.
And how was Paul saved , by the OLD COVENANT or the NEW COVENANT ??

#2 Was Peter saved by the OLD COVENANT or by the NEW COVENANT ?

dan p

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They were both saved through the new covenant.
Me too.
And that means you have a verse that explains how Paul and you were saved under the New Covenant ??

Be glad to see n that verse that I have MISSED ?

dan p

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And that means you have a verse that explains how Paul and you were saved under the New Covenant ??

Be glad to see n that verse that I have MISSED ?

dan p
You can read about Paul's entering into new covenant salvation in Acts 9:1-30.
He recounts his experience twice more - Acts 22:6-11; Acts 26:12-18.

Like Paul I too called on the Lord Jesus and I was saved into Christ.
In a word the new covenant is the resurrected and available Christ Himself.

Reactions: John G.
Upvote 0