And since the BODY OF CHRIST is going to HEAVEN , what will you be doing ?

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And you will

And John 22:18 that I say unto you , I will not drink of the fruit of the vine , until the Kingdom of God come in .

The Greek word NOT / OV is a DISJUNCATIVE PARTICILE NEGATIVE and it means NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT until the Kingdom of God shall come .

This is for Israel and NOT for the B O C .

dan p

“But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father’s kingdom.””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭26‬:‭29‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

I don’t get how you think this only refers to Israel and not all Christians.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father’s kingdom.””

Hi , and who is the apostle to the GENTILES , Matthew or Paul ?

1 Cor 11:1 says that YOU become IMITATORS of me , just as as I also am of Christ , and that we are to RIGHTLY DIVIDE the word of TRUTH , 2 Tim 2:15 .

What KINGDOM is Jesus speaking about ? Is it EARTHLY or is it Heavenly ?

All believers saved by GRACE will be GOVERNING the UNIVERSE and ANGELS as Paul wrote in 1 Cor 6:2 and 3 .

dan p

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

1 Cor 11:1 says that YOU become IMITATORS of me , just as as I also am of Christ , and that we are to RIGHTLY DIVIDE the word of TRUTH , 2 Tim 2:15 .

All believers saved by GRACE will be GOVERNING the UNIVERSE and ANGELS as Paul wrote in 1 Cor 6:2 and 3 .

dan p

The context of 2 Timothy 2:15 has nothing to do with separating the word of God into separate messages, one for the Jews and one for the Gentiles. The context is to study the word of God in order to accurately convey the message. Furthermore the word “divide” isn’t an accurate translation for the Greek word being used in that statement.

orthotomeō

1. to cut straight, to cut straight ways
a. to proceed on straight paths, hold a straight course, equiv. to doing right
2. to make straight and smooth, to handle aright, to teach the truth directly and correctly

In 1 Corinthians 11:1 you pointed out that the gentiles are to be imitators of Paul who is an imitator of Christ but Jesus came only to the Jews during His ministry. Peter was also chosen to preach to the Jews yet he also preached to the gentiles as well just as Paul was chosen to preach to the Gentiles and yet he also preached to the Jews. Peter & Paul didn’t preach different messages and neither did Matthew. They all preached the same message that Christ did but there were some changes between Jesus’ ministry and after His resurrection because Christ’s resurrection actually began the New Covenant which replaced the Old Covenant. In Galatians 3 Paul makes this very clear that for those who are in Christ there is no distinction.

“But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed. Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s descendants, heirs according to promise.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3‬:‭23‬-‭29‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

So there is no division between the word of God to Jews or Gentiles. The same word applies to all and the same message is given to both.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

dan p

Matthew wrote the gospel account recording what took place during Christ’s ministry, before the New Covenant began. Matthew did not give any teachings apart from what took place and what was said during Christ’s ministry. So the gospel of Matthew is not like Paul’s epistles where Paul was actually preaching directly to people. Matthew simply gives a record of the events and teachings of Christ that took place during His ministry. Luke was a gentile and wrote the same gospel as Matthew and recorded the exact same statement Jesus made at the Last Supper.

“for I say to you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine from now on until the kingdom of God comes.””
‭‭Luke‬ ‭22‬:‭18‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

So Matthew being a Jew didn’t make any difference of who that statement was for since Luke being a gentile recorded the same exact message.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Very easy !!

In Luke 22:18 , I SAY / LEGO is in thr Greek PESENT TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD and is in the SINGULAR .

#2 UNTO YOU / HYMIN is a PERSONAL POSSESSIVE PRONOUN , DATIVE CASE and in the PLURAL .
#3 I WILL NOT and here NOT / ME is a DISJUNCATIVE PARTICILE NEGATIVE and this means NOT will drink again , WHY ?

#4 UNTIL the Kingdom of God shall come .
And this KINGDOM of GOD means the KINGDOM of God that Israel will INHERIT .

#5 This Kingdom of God , Luke 21:31 that when you verses , Luke 21:25-31 you will all know that the KINGDOM of God is nigh at hand .

Now where in the GOSPELS is it speaks to the B O C , maybe Luke 21:24 , where Jerusalem will trodden down until the times of the GENTILES BE FULFILLED .

dan p

Upvote 0