Airstrike kills Qassim Soleimani, head of Iran's elite Quds Force, at Baghdad airportI hi

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's not the information that I've seen. The brutality of the ISIS fighters has pushed Sunnis, who felt the wrath in northern Iraq away from the extremist side of Islam. The Shiites have also soured because of broken promises from Iran.
That is the sentiment now and the reason for the protests, but that is coming from the tribal elements and people on the street. The Iraqi government is packed with pro Iranian regime members of Parliament and in the cabinet. Right now they can't even decide on a replacement for the ousted PM who is Iranian backed. The only one who is keeping the people from a full revolt is the Iraqi Shia Muslim spiritual leader Grand Ayatollah Sistani. Even Muqtada al-Sadr who was pro-Iranian and pro Quds Force sees what's going on around him and seems to be joining the resistance against Iranian influence. Which is ironic as Sadr received his power base from Iran in post Saddam Iraq and now has the largest bloc of seats in his coalition in the Iraqi Parliament. So he's playing this one cool as (1) he does not want to hurt what he already built and (2) does not want the political coalition he has in the Parliament to splinter thus handing power to someone else. Soleimani made Sadr as did the Mullahs in Iran. Now that he is dead and Iran is on its heels, and protesters are still protesting against Iranian influence, it will be interesting to see how the pragmatic Sadr moves.

Sadr also did his cleric training in Qom Iran. He comes from a family of Ayatollah's who were terminated by the Saddam regime. He has aspirations of becoming the Shia spiritual leader of Iraq when the aging (89 years old) Sistani passes away. If you see a headline or news report of Sistani passing away, after a period of mourning, look out for more posturing and violence. Sadr wants to be a supreme leader like Khamenei in Iran. Having both political and spiritual leader cornered.

• Informative
Reactions: Yarddog
Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I shared this on facebook, and sharing it here too:

Amazing how many people who probably regard themselves as ‘good people’ are apparently angry and upset over the death of a man who is responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent people. I can only assume they wanted him left alone to kill thousands more. The West has become too soft, this is a marker to say enough!

What was this Iranian top general doing in Iraq? Popped in to wish his friends a Merry Christmas? Soleimani wasn't in Iraq to do random acts of kindness. Maybe Soleimani was at the Baghdad airport because he was still trying to get home from his Thomas Cook holiday…

The dead general was the commander who ordered IEDs in Iraq that killed and maimed thousands. He was designated a terrorist during the Obama administration. He organized an assault on the US embassy. He's been behind atrocities throughout Syria and the Middle East, he also was directly involved in the planning of attacks on British forces in Southern Iraq that cost many soldiers’ lives. He took thousands of innocent lives without hesitation.

Sounds like the USA did the world a huge favour by getting rid of him. A much better alternative than giving the bloodthirsty maniacs a pallet full of U.S. currency. Obama paid off Iran and they kept expanding their terror networks. The only trouble is, I'm sure there are others just waiting to step up and continue their cause.

Trump sometimes may behave very immature, but sometimes his decisions are so intelligent that he baffles me... A very precise attack, and thank God, there were no civilian casualties. It's like an episode of Homeland. Good job Trump! Trump made him pay for it. That's all. Justice served!

on Twitter

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Airstrike kills Qassim Soleimani, head of Iran's elite Quds Force, at Baghdad airport

General Qassim Soleimani, the head of Iran's elite Quds Force, was killed in an airstrike at Baghdad's international airport early on Friday.

The strike also reportedly killed Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, the deputy commander of Iran-backed militias known as the Popular Mobilization Forces, or PMF.

The killing of Soleimani, which was confirmed by the Revolutionary Guard, is a major blow for Iran. Together with the death of al-Muhandis, the killings could mark a potential turning point in the Middle East and are expected to draw severe retaliation from Iran and the forces it backs in the Middle East against Israel and American interests.

More at link: US airstrike kills Qassim Soleimani, head of Iran's elite Quds Force, at Baghdad airport
Yarddog, as a side note: In addition to marking a turning point, let's all remember that this general was responsible for the deaths of many innocents and was planning attacks against Israel and the US, Britain, and other allies. He has been on the most wanted list since the 80's and I, for one, am glad that the President acted to take them out of the equation. Folks, it was coming one way or another, one day or another. Assuming it is coming because of an American presidents order to eliminate of a leader who hid behind women and children is errant thinking at best. These are Biblical times, not man-made. The birth pains are upon us. Secure your salvation through Jesus Christ, not the UN.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Airstrike kills Qassim Soleimani, head of Iran's elite Quds Force, at Baghdad airport

General Qassim Soleimani, the head of Iran's elite Quds Force, was killed in an airstrike at Baghdad's international airport early on Friday.

The strike also reportedly killed Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, the deputy commander of Iran-backed militias known as the Popular Mobilization Forces, or PMF.

The killing of Soleimani, which was confirmed by the Revolutionary Guard, is a major blow for Iran. Together with the death of al-Muhandis, the killings could mark a potential turning point in the Middle East and are expected to draw severe retaliation from Iran and the forces it backs in the Middle East against Israel and American interests.

More at link: US airstrike kills Qassim Soleimani, head of Iran's elite Quds Force, at Baghdad airport
This is the problem with having an impulsive President. He clearly did not think this through. The American people don't want war with Iran. Israel may want such a war but we should not do Israel's bidding on this matter. Let the heathens in the middle east kill each other, let us stay out of it.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Trump sometimes may behave very immature, but sometimes his decisions are so intelligent that he baffles me... A very precise attack, and thank God, there were no civilian casualties. It's like an episode of Homeland. Good job Trump! Trump made him pay for it. That's all. Justice served!

on Twitter

Simply amazing how many do not see that simply amazing!
M-Bob

• Agree
Reactions: Willing-heart
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is the problem with having an impulsive President. He clearly did not think this through. The American people don't want war with Iran. Israel may want such a war but we should not do Israel's bidding on this matter. Let the heathens in the middle east kill each other, let us stay out of it.

Simply amazing how many do not stand with Israel simply amazing!
M-Bob

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

This might sound unbelievable but I sincerely hope that between the moment of signing the order by President Trump and the impact, a host of angels appeared before that entire bunch and they proclaimed the truth of Jesus Christ and all of them bent a knee in unison and said, "God forgive us for what we have done. We believe in your only begotten Son and ask him to come into our hearts and revive us to the truth that has been evident for 2000 years." I sincerely wish that happened. But, I have to doubt it because I am sure that attack would have fizzled out and they would have become awesome witnesses, alive and well and converted before the world. Right or wrong?

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Simply amazing how many do not stand with Israel simply amazing!

Didn't Israel sink a US research ship--USS Liberty--back in the 1960s? Were they looking out for our interests?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What was wrong with that? Obama paid off Iran and they kept expanding their terror networks.

And now Trump has inherited the fruits of Obama's payment to Iran.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟615,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Didn't Israel sink a US research ship--USS Liberty--back in the 1960s? Were they looking out for our interests?
Iran Air Flight 655 was a scheduled passenger flight from Tehran to Dubai via Bandar Abbas, that was shot down on 3 July 1988 by an SM-2MR surface-to-air missile fired from USS Vincennes, a guided missile cruiser of the United States Navy.

Guess what?.....people make mistakes......

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
a host of angels appeared before that entire bunch and they proclaimed the truth of Jesus Christ and all of them bent a knee in unison and said, "God forgive us for what we have done. We believe in your only begotten Son and ask him to come into our hearts and revive us to the truth that has been evident for 2000 years." I sincerely wish that happened. But, I have to doubt it because I am sure that attack would have fizzled out and they would have become awesome witnesses, alive and well and converted before the world. Right or wrong?

That would be nice but, considering the way in which that bunch thinks about Israel and Christians, I doubt that happened.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Iran Air Flight 655 was a scheduled passenger flight from Tehran to Dubai via Bandar Abbas, that was shot down on 3 July 1988 by an SM-2MR surface-to-air missile fired from USS Vincennes, a guided missile cruiser of the United States Navy.

Guess what?.....people make mistakes......

Was it a mistake when they sunk a US ship? Survivors of the attack maintain that the attack was deliberate. The ship was flying a large US flag that the pilots should have easily seen.

Tell me, was it also a "mistake" when the Japanese sank the USS Panay in 1937? That ship was also clearly American.

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I do not want war, but peace. So, if Iran brings an olive branch I would suggest that the entirety of Washington, DC sit down and discuss peace. On a side note, for our American audience, isn't it ironic that the democrats jump in to the fray denouncing President Trumps actions when they seem to forget that Obama never asked for congressional authorization to go to war with Libya or to kill Osama bin Laden. And Obama imposed the disastrous Iran deal despite opposition by majorities in both chambers of Congress. Peace, peace, peace, but not at all costs.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

And the usual suspects immediately begin crying and wailing in defense of Soleimani. What Buttigieg said was particularly moronic.

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And the usual suspects immediately begin crying and wailing in defense of Soleimani. What Buttigieg said was particularly moronic.

They would have done the same for Osama Bin Laden if Trump was president instead of Obama at the time.

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I looked for a shut off point where God decided Old Israel and New Israel parted ways. Couldn't find it. Wait, how this got off on Israel vs the US is a mystery to me. Yet, isn't that they way it always has been. Start talking about the Golden Gate Bridge and before you know it, Israel is involved in some way. Which tells me the Old Israel and New Israel are still the same Israel of the Chosen by God.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Trump says Soleimani was planning 'imminent and sinister attacks' in first public remarks since US airstrike

President Trump accused Iranian general Qassem Soleimani of planning “imminent and sinister attacks” Friday in his first televised remarks since the deadly airstrike that killed the general at Baghdad's international airport.

"We took action last night to stop a war,” Trump said during brief remarks at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida. “We did not take action to start a war.”

“We did not take action to start a war.”
Good for you Mr. President Trump.
M

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not seeing this as impulsive as I read more of the reports. Soleimani was planning attacks throughout the region on US facilities and personnel.

Now if you are asking did they think of the second and third order effects from such an attack? I think they did and if not it will become evident very soon.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Israel apologized for the attack, saying that the USS Liberty had been attacked in error after being mistaken for an Egyptian ship.
Do Egyptian ships fly American flags?

The Japanese later apologized for attacking the USS Panay, but there is no doubt that they knew that it was an American ship.

Upvote 0