Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. Gen 1:31

And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden.
And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?
And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat
. Gen 3:9-12

Did God tell the man he was naked? Not good? ...must have something to do with eating...
Does naked mean not good? I didn't say that... what is your point?

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You have confused the invisible God with God's Son, Lord God-YHWH/Jesus. The following verse shows your error:

Jhn 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared Him.

This is confirmed by: 1Jo 4:12
As surely as Jesus was a son, so are we...we have the same spirit and the same father...The Father and the Son are ONE...no confusion.

Colossians 1:26 the mystery that was hidden for ages and generations but is now revealed to His saints, 27 to whom God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Ephesians 4:13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God, as we mature to the full measure of the stature of Christ.

John 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. 22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: 23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one...

John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

That which is being revealed within, when we can 'see'...you are right, no man has seen God for only by HIS spirit can it be so...carnal and spirit are in opposition...when opposition ends, we are left with ONE...

1 Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

There is a difference in knowing about God and knowing Him intimately...

EDIT: The five senses can never perceive what is inner truth revealed by the spirit ...the same spirit that rose Jesus from the grave...

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Does naked mean not good? I didn't say that... what is your point?

You said
God would determine Adam's path and would always determine for Adam what was "good" and what was not. When Adam sinned it was "as if" he unplugged and now Adam had to CHOOSE for himself between good and evil and we have been choosing

In the beginning all was good according to God. Adam choosing is different than what God has declared from the beginning. It has to do with the deep slumber and eyesight change that Adam now thinks in terms of good and evil (before eating all was good)...it is the same Truth Jesus was talking about when He said "If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth."

To eat from the tree of good and evil is to judge, measure and divide, perceiving lack in the truth that we are a son of God. Remember, Adam and the woman were in the garden, naked and not ashamed? Suddenly they perceived they were naked and ashamed...though it was not God who told them they were naked...they perceived it after eating of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Something within themselves was telling them and it wasn't God...

Revelation 3:18 I advise you to buy from Me gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness will not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes so that you may see.

Adam was clothed in God's glory. It is that glory (light) being restored...which has to do with perception/where we are 'seeing' from...The garden or the dust of the earth (five senses)...

Adam choosing is from 'self' perception, taking thought as to what he should eat...perceiving lack of what God has declared good...

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You said...

You misunderstood my point entirely. I wasn't questioning whether or not Adam was "good" in God's eye... I can show without questions that God knew Adam was going to fall before he fell and God STILL called him "good." I was talking about BEHAVIOR.... Adam did not have to make choices between good and bad or good and evil prior to the fall because God was his source for all understanding. But once he ate of tree of knowledge of good and evil Adam had to begin choosing between good and bad because he was now able to see the different between the two. Behavior not being! :)

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You misunderstood my point entirely. I wasn't questioning whether or not Adam was "good" in God's eye... I can show without questions that God knew Adam was going to fall before he fell and God STILL called him "good." I was talking about BEHAVIOR.... Adam did not have to make choices between good and bad or good and evil prior to the fall because God was his source for all understanding. But once he ate of tree of knowledge of good and evil Adam had to begin choosing between good and bad because he was now able to see the different between the two. Behavior not being! :)
I agree God knew Adam was going to fall...the purpose He purposed in Himself from the beginning. Yes, God was (and still is) the source of all understanding. :)

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
As surely as Jesus was a son, so are we...we have the same spirit and the same father...The Father and the Son are ONE...no confusion.

Amen...but I cannot quite agree that we are the same as Jesus since He is the ONLY God ever formed physically and the Creator of all. Brother Shambach used to say that Jesus was our elder brother but I view Him as God incarnate and myself as a worshiper of Him. God Bless you

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sin entered the world by a man not by a woman. When Chavah (Eve) ate, the process of decay leading to death was no passed on to all of creation. But when Adam sinned, the process of decay leading to death did begin... in him and in ALL of creation. (consider Romans 5:12-21 and also Romans 8:22)

Probably... Adam was made first, then Eve was made for Adam. While I don't believe women were made for men to rule... I do believe there was an authority structure in place by God. God is the head of Christ, Christ is the head of man, man is the head of women... according to Paul.

Wasn't the virgin birth to keep God from his own judgment? That concept seems paradoxical.

. But when Adam sinned, the process of decay leading to death did begin... in him and in ALL of creation
Why exactly don't women pass it down?

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Amen...but I cannot quite agree that we are the same as Jesus since He is the ONLY God ever formed physically and the Creator of all. Brother Shambach used to say that Jesus was our elder brother but I view Him as God incarnate and myself as a worshiper of Him. God Bless you
And there is nothing wrong with your view, exactly as it should be, nothing out of order. For a time we perceive Christ as something separate from our being/outside as opposed to within (just as Adam suddenly perceived God's voice outside of himself and was afraid...)

But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth...
Truly, truly, I tell you, the hour is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live

He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says...To the one who is victorious, I will give the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone inscribed with a new name, known only to the one who receives it.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wasn't the virgin birth to keep God from his own judgment? That concept seems paradoxical.

No, more about being the "first born" which means she needed to be a virgin

Why exactly don't women pass it down?

Because, though born into it... it was Adam that was given dominion over creation and thus his sin is what introduced decay into creation. Women are still born to die... i.e. born under the curse of sin (death) but they do not pass it on. Think of it as genes.... the man carries the sin gene, not the woman. But from the man it is passed to both men and women.

Now... I am not saying sin is a gene...it is just an analogy.

Reactions: Sammy-San
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No, more about being the "first born" which means she needed to be a virgin

Because, though born into it... it was Adam that was given dominion over creation and thus his sin is what introduced decay into creation. Women are still born to die... i.e. born under the curse of sin (death) but they do not pass it on. Think of it as genes.... the man carries the sin gene, not the woman. But from the man it is passed to both men and women.

Now... I am not saying sin is a gene...it is just an analogy.

This feels like Japanese to me-so beyond my scope of normal thinking. Would you agree?

Being a human being apart from a miracle makes any human being technically deserving of hell.

It almost makes the idea of people having kids seem inferior to being single. Is it bad to take this information that way?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
God made male and female and called them Adam. Gen 5:2

God made Adam "very good". Gen 1:31

Lord God/Jesus made Adam on the 3rd Day before the plants, herbs and trees. Gen 2:4-7 Eve was not made until the 6th Day AFTER all other living creatures were made. Gen 2:22 BOTH were "created" by God the Trinity at the same time on the 6th Day. Gen 1:26 Gen 5:1-2 John 14:16 That is because it takes the agreement of the Trinity to "create" a new creature in Christ. 2Co 5:17

Genesis 1:31 is prophecy of what will happen at the end of the present 6th Day AFTER Jesus returns to our planet. God the Trinity will not rest until His Creation is made perfect, which in Hebrew means brought to perfection. It's the ONLY way the perfect God can end His work. Gen 2:1 Amen?

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Lord God/Jesus made Adam on the 3rd Day before the plants, herbs and trees. Gen 2:4-7 Eve was not made until the 6th Day AFTER all other living creatures were made. Gen 2:22 BOTH were "created" by God the Trinity at the same time on the 6th Day. Gen 1:26 Gen 5:1-2 John 14:16 That is because it takes the agreement of the Trinity to "create" a new creature in Christ. 2Co 5:17

Genesis 1:31 is prophecy of what will happen at the end of the present 6th Day AFTER Jesus returns to our planet. God the Trinity will not rest until His Creation is made perfect, which in Hebrew means brought to perfection. It's the ONLY way the perfect God can end His work. Gen 2:1 Amen?

A frend told me this.

We don't exactly know what spreads the original sin other than our humanity, I don't think there is any use in elaboration on the chromosome level because it is just speculation

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The temptation was if you eat you will become, whereas Jesus' temptation was to prove that he was.

The commandment not to eat is the catalyst that begins the process in our soul...

The OT, gives men a foreshadow.

There is nothing NEW under the sun.
What was will be.

What was, has repeatedly come to pass, of what will be, happened again and will continue to happen.

God revealed Adam, male and female, and called, them, "they", yet called them by ONE Name, ADAM, Gen 5:2

From OUT of Adam (male), came Adam, Female.

From OUT of the LORD came forth, the Lord.

Adam named the female, Eve.

LORD named the Lord, JESUS.

Do not eat OF THIS ONE TREE.
LORD says to his created Man.

The warning.
Evil lurks. Evil is present. You are made very good. Evil will tempt you. Listen to the LORD, obey Him, that you CAN remain "very good", and learn HOW TO combat, overcome, be stronger than the evil, that evil does not overpower you.

Foreshadowing.

Parents, WHO ARE GIFTED a child, YOU Be the childs first teacher of GOOD, before they Be tempted BY that which is evil, and it overpower you.

Men, Parents, try, fail, many children become overpowered by evil.

The teachers become Lost to historical teaching. Jesus comes to seek the Lost, reteaching and revealing more, of HOW men CAN, again Learn the basics of HOW TO NOT become Overpowered by evil, and thus, begin again teaching.

Jesus the teacher. Jesus the living visual example for man HOW TO become reconciled BACK, to being very good, and for them to again be the teachers.

Things will get worse and worse, but will appear "good". Lies will become truths and truths will become lies.

It is good a man should work and provide for his family.

World - it is good both parents should work, and babysitters, daycare, preshools, schools, governments, should raise your children in the ways of the world.

IOW - working of course sound good, and is certainly promoted in Scripture, but not at the cost forgoing the parents establishing their childs foundation.

God Bless,
Happy New Year,
SBC

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This feels like Japanese to me-so beyond my scope of normal thinking. Would you agree?

Being a human being apart from a miracle makes any human being technically deserving of hell.

It almost makes the idea of people having kids seem inferior to being single. Is it bad to take this information that way?
When we consider that all we know, taste, smell, feel, see, hear... it is all a result of what God did. A God that exists truly outside of time and space and yet still able to interact within it. How one can not feel small when considering these things is beyond me. :)

Reactions: Sammy-San
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Okay,
God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
When we consider that all we know, taste, smell, feel, see, hear... it is all a result of what God did. A God that exists truly outside of time and space and yet still able to interact within it. How one can not feel small when considering these things is beyond me. :)

How should I reply to that frend?

We don't exactly know what spreads the original sin other than our humanity, I don't think there is any use in elaboration on the chromosome level because it is just speculation

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would simply tell him/her what I said. Adam was given dominion over creation and when HE sinned, not when Eve sinned, did decay enter the picture. This is why I gave those Romans verses... if you go look at them you'll see how sin "entered the world by one MAN" and must be reconciled by a man... which is why God became the man. Sin entered by Adam, not by Eve and even if it is speculating that it is on the genetic level (some I used as an analogy though I think there MIGHT be merit to it) that doesn't change the fact that sin entered by one MAN. Thus, it continues to spread because of that one man and goes on to each generation and person because of that one man. Sin entered the world by the first Adam, and it was defeated by the second Adam.

Death in Adam, Life in Christ
Rom 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned--
Rom 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
Rom 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.
Rom 5:15 But the free gift is not like the offense. For if by the one man's offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many.
Rom 5:16 And the gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned. For the judgment which came from one offense resulted in condemnation, but the free gift which came from many offenses resulted in justification.
Rom 5:17 For if by the one man's offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.)
Rom 5:18 Therefore, as through one man's offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man's righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.
Rom 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man's obedience many will be made righteous.
Rom 5:20 Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more,
Rom 5:21 so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

See the bold above Sam? All that places the blame, and spread, on Adam not Eve.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would also remember that unless he/she is seeking deeper truth, they won't hear you anyway. A person finds when they seek, they became a student when they submit to their teacher... we can't force anyone to learn. So we plant seeds and we teach those who want to learn and as for the rest... we wait on God doing His thing. (John 6:44)

Reactions: PeaceJoyLove
Upvote 0