Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Money stops us from doing stuff all. the. time. If something costs to much in relation to our will to do it, we don't do it. There's a reason we don't have universal healthcare. Or a real high speed train line down the eastern seaboard. Our collective desire for those things doesn't outweigh the cost of those things.

We have had no real reason to go back to the moon for how much it costs. Doing so back in the 60s and 70s was primarily about competing with Russia*. We figured spending a ton of money was worth it to show up Russia and prove we are the technologically superior nation. Once we did it, and it was clear Russia wasn't going to try and keep up or exceed us, there was no competition anymore. So no will to spend that much money. So we took away funding and scrapped several planned missions. It wasn't worth the money. What money remained in the NASA budget was better spent on different projects.

*Something important here - it would have been obvious to Russia if we had faked the Apollo Mission. They'd have had no problem tracking the flights and easily could figure out that transmissions weren't coming from the moon. They'd have been shouting that from the rooftops.
Or, Russia realized how utterly futile it was to spend all that money to do something impossible. Don't forget, this idea of actual space, planets and a spherical earth is just as important to the other powerful nations. If Russia was to rat out the US fake moon shots... it would harm the entire world space program.

If you don't think that NASA, the Russian space scientists, Japan's scientists, China and other scientists don't talk... every day... You are already naive.

As Red Green said "they're all in this together"

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,598.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well, personally, given the speed at which we are stated to be moving around the sun, as it rotates around the galaxy and as the galaxy rotates itself... I don't see how these constilations have remained in their seemingly static formations.... for even 1000 years.
Even at the velocities everything is travelling, on a galactic scale things have barely moved. I can be travelling at 100mph along the motorway, but the mountains in the distance will appear to be stationary.

Upvote 0

shineyourlight

Mar 6, 2020
New York
✟71,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ok... try to prove me wrong.. I have been on the fence with this "flat earth" thing.. but I have news..

The earth is 71% water and it is NOT carbonated...
So.... it's flat....
Did we just become best friends?

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,598.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
All past time by J.M. Dimbleby shows Gods time piece (sun, moon and stars) has not changed and is keeping time the same as the day it was created.

On the link go to pages 126-127/433 for the chapter on All Past Time.

Alex Gleason-Is the Bible From Heaven Is the Earth a Globe.o-1 Pages 301-350 - Flip PDF Download | FlipHTML5
It is rather ironic that so much of the chapter revolves around eclipses, when flatearthers can't even provide a viable explanation of how eclipses can occur in their models.

• Agree
Reactions: KitKat1230
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It is rather ironic that so much of the chapter revolves around eclipses, when flatearthers can't even provide a viable explanation of how eclipses can occur in their models.

Mr J.M. Dimbleby was not a flat earth christian believer as far as i know.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
So is it a sin to ask questions now?

Sounds like an Association Fallacy to me.

It is if you are questioning God and His word. Really does God need help from man in communication. As far as i know man only gets it wrong when they try and help out God.

Like satan stated did God really say.
“Has God indeed said, ‘You shall not eat of every tree of the garden’?”

This is a really easy to understand verse
Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also. God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth,

But from this easy to understand creation statement from God, most christian believers (people) have rejected this. But instead accept the lies of science that the moon is not a created light created by God. But a rock 200,000+ miles out in outer space that reflects the suns light.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Santa is as real as your flat earth.

You've never seen Jesus. You believe the eyewitness accounts of people from 2,000 years ago. Yet you refuse to believe the born again Christians who landed on the moon 50 years ago. They are eyewitnesses. You refuse to believe the vast amount of evidence that demonstrates that first, the earth cannot be flat and second, it certainly is basically spherical. I really do not understand flat earthers.
You and I don't agree on much. Pretty much nothing.

But you are 100% correct on this, and I absolutely agree.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
_

Science is like and will one day, like the champion undefeated boxer, so proud and arrogant of his success, he has defeated all of his opponents. Until he is beat down so bad he never sets foot in the ring again and goes away to shame.

That day is a coming when God will soundly defeat the lies of satan and creation truth again is known throughout God's earth.

The globe, outer space, planets, gravity, moon trips, evolution will be gone, never to rise again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
_

Science is like and will one day, like the champion undefeated boxer, so proud and arrogant of his success, he has defeated all of his opponents. Until he is beat down so bad he never sets foot in the ring again and goes away to shame.

That day is a coming when God will soundly defeat the lies of satan and creation truth again is known throughout God's earth.

The globe, outer space, planets, gravity, moon trips will be gone, never to rise again.
True, there will be a new heaven and a new earth. We don't know what shape it will be. In the meantime, facts are facts and the earth is a globe. The moon is real and so is outer space. I see the majesty and glory of God in the most astounding spectacle of galaxies and stars. I see scientists constantly confounded by the mysteries of the universe.

If I was trying to prove that God is not real, I would trivialise creation and limit it to a small disk with a few little lights suspended just above the surface. You know, like FE people do, inadvertently of course.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
If I was trying to prove that God is not real, I would trivialise creation and limit it to a small disk with a few little lights suspended just above the surface. You know, like FE people do, inadvertently of course.

I would trivialise creation and limit it to a small disk

Not one time have i stated the earth is a small disk. Actually i have said a few times in this post Absolute proof.. can't deny.. the earth is flat

and this post Absolute proof.. can't deny.. the earth is flat

that flat earth is a poor term to describe God's creation

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

-
See this post for more information
Is the Earth Flat?

Tchula Ms.jpg

DSCN8910+.jpg

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have had my fill of back and forths especially with christian (like you) who throw The Bible under the bus because of science liars.
The Bible doesn't say the eartth is flat.

Upvote 0