Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Why the obsession with the size of the Earth? There are other things one could worry about.
Sorry? Don't remember the size of the earth being stated in my post. Can you point out where I stated anything to do with the size of the earth?

Whose obsessed?

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Ok... try to prove me wrong.. I have been on the fence with this "flat earth" thing.. but I have news..

The earth is 71% water and it is NOT carbonated...
So.... it's flat....

:) Not a pun (need to look up the term for this kind of joke) but this counter joke still fits. (OK I think this type of joke in the OP is called "word play").

A Pun.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Torah Keeper

Jun 2, 2013
Tennessee
✟37,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Kansas is often described as being as flat as a pancake.

However, recent scientific evidence proved contrary.

Kansas was scientifically proven to be flatter than a pancake.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Why the obsession with the size of the Earth? There are other things one could worry about.
Sure, but it is also an issue of truth. Flat earthers refuse to accept the evidence for a spherical earth. They are calling 600 eyewitness, at least six of whom confess Christ, to be liars. You would have to ask the FE brigade why they bother to raise the subject. At least one said that non FE people are unsaved. They take it pretty seriously.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Sure, but it is also an issue of truth. Flat earthers refuse to accept the evidence for a spherical earth. They are calling 600 eyewitness, at least six of whom confess Christ, to be liars. You would have to ask the FE brigade why they bother to raise the subject. At least one said that non FE people are unsaved. They take it pretty seriously.
I know. Some flat earthers have some weird theological beliefs also.

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
There are a lot of different views on a lot of different topics and theologies and scientific views where people state that anyone that disagrees with their "truth"... isn't saved.... Pure hogwash.

Only God knows the heart.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-​
If the earth is a spinning water globe, then santa and elves are real.

So show me the real santa and i will believe the earth is a spinning water globe. Just have him (santa) come down my chimney, that is all the proof i need.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
There are a lot of different views on a lot of different topics and theologies and scientific views where people state that anyone that disagrees with their "truth"... isn't saved.... Pure hogwash.

Only God knows the heart.
The true spiritual condition of an individual can be evaluated. God has given us criteria by which we can discern if a person is born again or not. I do not believe that includes believing that the earth is flat or not.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
-​
If the earth is a spinning water globe, then santa and elves are real.

So show me the real santa and i will believe the earth is a spinning water globe. Just have him (santa) come down my chimney, that is all the proof i need.
Santa is as real as your flat earth.

You've never seen Jesus. You believe the eyewitness accounts of people from 2,000 years ago. Yet you refuse to believe the born again Christians who landed on the moon 50 years ago. They are eyewitnesses. You refuse to believe the vast amount of evidence that demonstrates that first, the earth cannot be flat and second, it certainly is basically spherical. I really do not understand flat earthers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

smittymatt

Dec 5, 2021
West Palm Beach
✟27,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Divorced
Ok... try to prove me wrong.. I have been on the fence with this "flat earth" thing.. but I have news..

The earth is 71% water and it is NOT carbonated...
So.... it's flat....

What would the water have to be carbonated on a globe earth?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LeafByNiggle

Jul 20, 2021
Minneapolis
✟174,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What would the water have to be carbonated on a globe earth?

In case you really didn't get the joke (or maybe just being sarcastic in acting like you didn't) it was this: When a carbonated drink, such as Pepsi or Coke or Sprite has been left out too long, it looses its carbonation - its fizz. It is then that we call the drink "flat". Of course this has nothing to do with geometric flatness. It is an entirely unrelated meaning of the word flat. But in the OP it was applied to geometric flatness to declare that the world (which is composed of uncarbonated water with no fizz) is "flat".

By the way, for the real nerds among you, this statement is not completely true (that the oceans are not carbonated). Read about it here. It turns out that the ocean absorbs about 30% of the CO2 released into the atmosphere. Because of the increased used of carbon fuels in the industrial age, the amount of CO2 in the oceans has been going up too, resulting in ocean acidification where the pH of the ocean's surface water has fallen by 0.1 pH units, which represents a 30% increase in acidification because the pH scale is logarithmic, not linear.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟569,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In case you really didn't get the joke (or maybe just being sarcastic in acting like you didn't) it was this: When a carbonated drink, such as Pepsi or Coke or Sprite has been left out too long, it looses its carbonation - its fizz. It is then that we call the drink "flat". Of course this has nothing to do with geometric flatness. It is an entirely unrelated meaning of the word flat. But in the OP it was applied to geometric flatness to declare that the world (which is composed of uncarbonated water with no fizz) is "flat".

By the way, for the real nerds among you, this statement is not completely true (that the oceans are not carbonated). Read about it here. It turns out that the ocean absorbs about 30% of the CO2 released into the atmosphere. Because of the increased used of carbon fuels in the industrial age, the amount of CO2 in the oceans has been going up too, resulting in ocean acidification where the pH of the ocean's surface water has fallen by 0.1 pH units, which represents a 30% increase in acidification because the pH scale is logarithmic, not linear.

That's why I didn't get it... Because C is indeed being pressed down onto the earth by gravity.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

You've never seen Jesus. You believe the eyewitness accounts of people from 2,000 years ago. Yet you refuse to believe the born again Christians who landed on the moon 50 years ago. They are eyewitnesses. You refuse to believe the vast amount of evidence that demonstrates that first, the earth cannot be flat and second, it certainly is basically spherical. I really do not understand flat earthers.

I have had my fill of back and forths especially with christian (like you) who throw The Bible under the bus because of science liars. So if you want to believe in science's creation account go ahead be my guess.

As this thread was posted as a lighthearted joke.

Upvote 0

HantsUK

Oct 27, 2009
Hampshire, England
✟215,031.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Kansas is often described as being as flat as a pancake.

However, recent scientific evidence proved contrary.

Kansas was scientifically proven to be flatter than a pancake.
But which tastes better?

What food was Kansas named after? I have heard of Mississippi mud pie, Kentucky fried chicken, Baked Alaska. I'm sure that there must be many others unknown to me in the UK.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,108.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Agree

Upvote 0