Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would guess that is the reason for no scripture stating the earth is flat in The Bible.
Or maybe the Bible doesn't say the Earth is flat...... because the Earth isn't flat!

So christian's can use the excuse that The Bible never states God created a flat earth.
My "excuse" for believing that the Earth isn't flat is because: a) God's a better engineer than that, and b) the Earth is demonstably, observably, an oblate spheroid. Duh!

But there are plenty of verses stating God's creation is not the creation being professed by science.
Bosh.

The earth is set on foundations, the earth is stationary and does not move, the earth created by God was a one piece circular area of land (before the flood). The earth has water under it and water above the raqia.
Nope. God never designed such a Rube Goldberg universe. (And BTW, "universe" means "everything that exists", so it's ridiculous to say that God didn't create the uinverse. If He didn't, who did?

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So rocket science has made The Bible, a book of creation misinformation.
We've already dealt with the fact that the Bible nowhere says the Earth is flat. Move along...

• Agree
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As i have stated many times, earth in The Bible, does not mean a water covered sphere with areas of land scattered around it. Earth simply means land/ground in The Bible.
So the Bible description doesn't allow for the existence of water? Hmmmm...

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok so mine are supported by The Bible.
Not really. It's simply your assumptions about what the Bible "means".

For instance, if I say "the sun rose above the horizon", you know what I mean. But what I said is literally untrue. What literally happened is that the part of the Earth I'm standing on rotated to the point where the sun was visible above the horizon. Saying "the sun rose" is a lot easier, and conveys the meaning of what happened quite nicely, even though technically speaking it's bunk.

The Bible provides you visual description of what happened that conveys the meaning of what happened quite nicely. It does not, however, give you a technical description of what happened. If you're asked when you got there, you say "right at nightfall", and not "immediately before the light from the sun was no longer visible from my perspective due to planetary rotation". Both convey the same visual information, but one provides a lot of irrelevant technical stuff.

Net effect - the Bible is talking like we do, not in technical jargon. You; unfortunately, believe that the Bible *is* speaking in technical jargon. That's simply not the case.

The Earth is round. It's spinning on its axis, just as God designed it to do. It's revolving around the sun, just as God designed it to do. Gravity holds all the parts together, just as God designed it to do. It's all part of God's beautifully elegant design, altogether unlike the Rube Goldberg, chewing gum and baling wire, lever action, coal fired, cast iron, hand wrung, break-down-every-ten-minutes howling klooge that people who see the Bible as a technical dissertation envision.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Not really. It's simply your assumptions about what the Bible "means".

For instance, if I say "the sun rose above the horizon", you know what I mean. But what I said is literally untrue. What literally happened is that the part of the Earth I'm standing on rotated to the point where the sun was visible above the horizon. Saying "the sun rose" is a lot easier, and conveys the meaning of what happened quite nicely, even though technically speaking it's bunk.

The Bible provides you visual description of what happened that conveys the meaning of what happened quite nicely. It does not, however, give you a technical description of what happened. If you're asked when you got there, you say "right at nightfall", and not "immediately before the light from the sun was no longer visible from my perspective due to planetary rotation". Both convey the same visual information, but one provides a lot of irrelevant technical stuff.

Net effect - the Bible is talking like we do, not in technical jargon. You; unfortunately, believe that the Bible *is* speaking in technical jargon. That's simply not the case.

The Earth is round. It's spinning on its axis, just as God designed it to do. It's revolving around the sun, just as God designed it to do. Gravity holds all the parts together, just as God designed it to do. It's all part of God's beautifully elegant design, altogether unlike the Rube Goldberg, chewing gum and baling wire, lever action, coal fired, cast iron, hand wrung, break-down-every-ten-minutes howling klooge that people who see the Bible as a technical dissertation envision.

Wow you are going to have a lot to unlearn one day, if you are a believer. Going to have to clear those science cobwebs out and make room for the truth of The Bible as given by God. But looks like you will have to wait till you finish your earthly life. Too bad as the Bible is ready and waiting for believers to believe It.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My apologies if I misunderstood you to be suggesting it's too hard to show curve.
I gave you two you dodged completely. Ships dropping below the horizon, and long path HF propagation. One wouldn't happen in a flat earth (without the invocation of convenient "hazes" and suchlike excuses for the idiocy of the whole FE model, and one simply could not happen on an FE. Both dead simple to demonstrate, and both avoided by Flatties like vampires avoid Crosses. Always the charlatan's excuses, "Oh, well that's been disproven..." (Right), "Oh, we don't have to prove anything..." (i.e., you can't, and know it), ""Oh, there was this haze...", (fogged minds, more like), "my foot slipped, the sun got in my eyes, the car broke down, I had a wreck my tires all went flat, I locked the keys in it, and I ran out of gas." You have to be a master of excuses to be a Flattie.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Wow you are going to have a lot to unlearn one day, if you are a believer. Going to have to clear those science cobwebs out and make room for the truth of The Bible as given by God. But looks like you will have to wait till you finish your earthly life. Too bad as the Bible is ready and waiting for believers to believe It.
By 2017, the ISS had orbited the earth over 100,000 times. It orbits 16 times a day. Several people crew the ISS. To 2021, there have been 65 missions. So hundreds of people are eyewitnesses to the earth being a globe. You are deluded. Why you hold fast to an obvious fallacy in the face of such evidence is beyond me. Then you have the gall to criticise someone who is not blind to reality. "Better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

• Agree
Reactions: prodromos
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I gave you two you dodged completely. Ships dropping below the horizon, and long path HF propagation. One wouldn't happen in a flat earth (without the invocation of convenient "hazes" and suchlike excuses for the idiocy of the whole FE model, and one simply could not happen on an FE. Both dead simple to demonstrate, and both avoided by Flatties like vampires avoid Crosses. Always the charlatan's excuses, "Oh, well that's been disproven..." (Right), "Oh, we don't have to prove anything..." (i.e., you can't, and know it), ""Oh, there was this haze...", (fogged minds, more like), "my foot slipped, the sun got in my eyes, the car broke down, I had a wreck my tires all went flat, I locked the keys in it, and I ran out of gas." You have to be a master of excuses to be a Flattie.

Be careful, you don't want to be labeled a witch and get stoned to death under Bronze Age Law.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
By 2017, the ISS had orbited the earth over 100,000 times. It orbits 16 times a day. Several people crew the ISS. To 2021, there have been 65 missions. So hundreds of people are eyewitnesses to the earth being a globe. You are deluded. Why you hold fast to an obvious fallacy in the face of such evidence is beyond me. Then you have the gall to criticise someone who is not blind to reality. "Better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

You mean this thing ( "i have photographed on several occasions") they are faking as the iss, Two things i know for sure 1. the iss is not 250+ miles high and 2. it is not traveling 17,000 an hr.

What is obvious from these photos is that this thing is not reflecting the suns light and that it is some kind of light that is turned on and off

DSCN6764+.jpg

DSCN6762+.jpg

DSCN6653+.jpg

You want to see what sun light reflected of of an air plane looks like and it is noting like the what is seen in the above iss photos. So you can keep believing in these lies if you want.

DSCN8793.JPG

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,598.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Two things i know for sure 1. the iss is not 250+ miles high and 2. it is not traveling 17,000 an hr
How did you determine this? What was your method of measurement and calculation?

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
How did you determine this? What was your method of measurement and calculation?
You can't help him. He's deluded. If he went into space and saw the globe, he would say that he was hallucinating.

• Agree
Reactions: Yttrium
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

So an object that is moving at 17,000 miles an hr will go in a minute 283 miles so when i watch the iss for 3,4 or 5 minutes. So when i watch it for 4 minutes from where i am it will have move over 1000 miles. So i am looking from Mississippi and at the 4 minute mark the iss is over new mexico. I do not think so

iss.JPG

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You can't help him. He's deluded. If he went into space and saw the globe, he would say that he was hallucinating.

I would rather be insulted by being called deluded.

Than place faith in mans lies over the truth of The Bible and eventually have to give an account to The Messiah why i believe satan, science, government and man over The Bible's creation account.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,456.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Branson and Jeff have already shown people that the earth is a Sphere. Soon, many more will get the chance to see that.

Even if a flat earther went up with Branson or Jeff, he would say the windows of the space craft were 'fish eye' or a computer generated image!

Flat earthers have dug themselves such a gigantic hole of utter fantasy that they are stuck in a quagmire of misinterpretations, untruths, fantasy stories and unscientific info.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟246,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
So an object that is moving at 17,000 miles an hr will go in a minute 283 miles so when i watch the iss for 3,4 or 5 minutes. So when i watch it for 4 minutes from where i am it will have move over 1000 miles. So i am looking from Mississippi and at the 4 minute mark the iss is over new mexico. I do not think so

It's 220 miles up. That's still going to leave it over the horizon after four minutes.

• Winner
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0