✟13,223.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by KeepTheFaith15
abortion is wrong and im right on this one i dont just think im right but i do know one thing and that is i "think" your dumb. science sucks.

Okay KeepTheFaith15, tone it down and watch your personal attacks.  Thank you.

Upvote 0

unitedistand

Crying for the Bridegroom
Nov 21, 2002
a house
Visit site
✟443.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I've felt his power. He Placed a STRONG reverened fear within me when he was came toward my house one night as a visitation in the spirit, yet he also placed a real sense of security because I know he's watching out for me, that nothing done to me isn't ignored by him, that nothing happens to me without his permission.

Back to the topic,  God considers abortion as murder, he's told me this once.  Noone can control the conduct and reform the views of the creator of the universe.

Upvote 0

Knight

Knight of the Cross
Apr 11, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟4,472.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm still waiting for a pro-abortion person to tell me when life begins. If it's at conception then abortion at any time is wrong. If it's at birth then abortion any time is ok.
If it's somewhere in-between then when? What triggers human life in the womb. What event or series of events?

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Lanakila
Why would the baby with the wrong amount of chromosomes be a danger to the mom? That doesn't make sense to me. Downs babies are born all the time and live, and they have one to many chromosomes. Ectopic pregnancies will never be able to carry to term. The baby will rupture the tube and kill the mother. They have to be removed. This is not the same as abortion though, because the removal takes the tube, and the baby is not even what we would call an embryo yet, but a zygote.

I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough.

I'm not talking about a baby with one extra chromosome. I'm talking about a baby with 23 extra chromosomes. The baby almost always dies in the uterus sooner or later, but is alive for sometime. It dangerous to the mom because the placenta is also abnormal. It can cause thyroid disease, or the placenta can break the boundries of the uterus and spread to other organs in the body. Even after it's removed it can come back like cancer. Now, this is something that has to be taken care of, even though there is human life present.

It's the same way with an ectopic pregnancy. It's very dangerous to the mom. Because it can take so long to diagnose an ectopic pregnancy, the baby is an embryo at removal, and not just a zygote. In order for them to remove it at the zygote stage, it would have to be done almost immediatly following conception. I think the zygote stage only lasts a couple of weeks.  Most women don't even know they are pregnant that early.* 

My point is that those who feel abortion is wrong under any and all circumstances haven't stopped to consider the whole bag of horrors that can (and does) occur. If we were to leave everything in God's hands, we'd have alot more dead women out there.

*Edited to add a bunch of stuff. :)

Upvote 0

HannoverFist

The prosecution calls Hanover Fiste!
Nov 6, 2002
✟949.00
I've felt his power. He Placed a STRONG reverened fear within me when he was came toward my house one night as a visitation in the spirit,

:o

Back to the topic,  God considers abortion as murder, he's told me this once. 

:eek:

Does god have conversations with you on a regular basis?

And not to pry here, but is English your first language?

Upvote 0

sampo

Think for yourself!!
Jul 23, 2002
Anytown USA
Visit site
✟8,226.00
Faith
Atheist
what if mary and joseph were pro-choice? we wouldnt have the greatest gift today! the power of the holy spirit.

According to the bible, Mary had no choice whatsoever! She did not even choose to become impregnated!

Upvote 0

jukesk9

Dixie Whistlin' Papist
Feb 7, 2002
Arkansas
Visit site
✟13,223.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
<P>
Originally posted by sampo <BR>&nbsp; <BR><BR>According to the bible, Mary had no choice whatsoever! She did not even choose to become impregnated!
</P><BR>
<P>Mary could have said no.&nbsp; But she didn't because she was a woman of faith:</P><BR>
<DT><B>Luke <A name=38>1:38</A></B> <BR>
<DD>And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her. <BR>
<DD> <BR>
<DD> <BR>
<DD><BR>And, she was happy to carry Christ: <BR>
<DT><B>Luke <A name=46>1:46</A></B> <BR>
<DD>And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, <BR><BR>
<DT><B><A name=47>1:47</A></B> <BR>
<DD>And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. <BR><BR>
<DT><B><A name=48>1:48</A></B> <BR>
<DD>For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. <BR><BR>
<DT><B><A name=49>1:49</A></B> <BR>
<DD>For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name. <BR><BR>
<DT><B><A name=50>1:50</A></B> <BR>
<DD>And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation. <BR><BR>
<DT><B><A name=51>1:51</A></B> <BR>
<DD>He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts. <BR><BR>
<DT><B><A name=52>1:52</A></B> <BR>
<DD>He hath put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree. <BR><BR>
<DT><B><A name=53>1:53</A></B> <BR>
<DD>He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away. <BR><BR>
<DT><B><A name=54>1:54</A></B> <BR>
<DD>He hath holpen his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy; <BR><BR>
<DT><B><A name=55>1:55</A></B> <BR>
<DD>As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever. <BR>
<DD> <BR>
<P><EM>Hail Mary full of grace.&nbsp; The Lord is with thee.&nbsp; Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.&nbsp; Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of death.&nbsp; Amen.</EM></P><BR>
<P>&nbsp;</P></DD>

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kaotic

Learn physics
Sep 22, 2002
North Carolina, USA
Visit site
✟14,836.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Originally posted by an7222
"Scientifically, a fetus is a cancerous growth."

Go ahead with your science and good luck. I pick Jesus.

Say no to abortion. It's an abomination.

Science doesn't see it like that. I don't know where she got that from.

Upvote 0

kaotic

Learn physics
Sep 22, 2002
North Carolina, USA
Visit site
✟14,836.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Originally posted by amie
perhaps if she was referring to a molar pregnancy of some type...I dunno...
on a different note seesaw I don't think you're "dumb" you are highly intelligent and if I were you I would just consider the source it came from :rolleyes:

Thanks :) Yeah I know I did consider the source. :) How is everything amie.

Upvote 0

amie

Survivor
Mar 1, 2002
California
Visit site
✟7,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I am good...
I was just thinking that people who don't know how to deal with people that think differently should stay the hell out of apologetics :mad:

back on topic
I personally am against abortion, however my best friend had one and I understand the reasons behind it. Although I feel it is not right for me, her circumstances are only hers and only she knows what she was going through. I am really in no place to judge anyone. I feel that life is sacred however I respect those who are pro choice because my thinking is not superior to anyones by any stretch of the imagination...

seesaw I still am trying to find some continuity between the "science sucks" comment and posting in this particular thread...some things in life remain a mystery...;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

kaotic

Learn physics
Sep 22, 2002
North Carolina, USA
Visit site
✟14,836.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Originally posted by amie
I am good...
I was just thinking that people who don't know how to deal with people that think differently should stay the hell out of apologetics :mad:

back on topic
I personally am against abortion, however my best friend had one and I understand the reasons behind it. Although I feel it is not right for me, her circumstances are only hers and only she knows what she was going through. I am really in no place to judge anyone. I feel that life is sacred however I respect those who are pro choice because my thinking is not superior to anyones by any stretch of the imagination...

seesaw I still am trying to find some continuity between the "science sucks" comment and posting in this particular thread...some things in life remain a mystery...;)

That's good to hear. I am also doing really well.

Yeah some people should stay out of Apologetics. Heh yep somethings are always going to be a mystery.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by seesaw
Science doesn't see it like that. I don't know where she got that from.

&nbsp;Ocean's first post in this thread stated that scientifically a fetus is a cancerous growth.

&nbsp;

Amie is right, though.&nbsp; A molar pregnancy is a type of cancerous growth.&nbsp;

Upvote 0

HannoverFist

The prosecution calls Hanover Fiste!
Nov 6, 2002
✟949.00
Scientifically a cancerous growth?

God knew us before we were born and knitted us in the womb.
As a Christian, and as much as God values life, people still think it is okay to kill his creation?

Well firstly, not all of us believe in god.&nbsp; So "his creation" isn't a factor.

But I do think that the issue is more complex than reading religious beliefs into childbirth.&nbsp; Perhaps that's just me however.&nbsp; :)

Upvote 0

LilAngelHeart

~Nope,nothing wrong here~
Sep 18, 2002
I live in the Midwest,
Visit site
✟2,714.00
Faith
Pentecostal
badfish i understand this would be a situation to abort a baby, it wasnt the girls fault she got raped but it would be her fault if she aborted a baby, and most 9 year olds dont have the choice wether they can have the baby or not. if i had the choice i'd have the baby and put it up for adoption cause i wouldnt wanna keep the baby cause it would make me think of the night it was concieved and the horrible pain it would have brought me. but i wouldnt abort it. but thats just me, i couldnt live with myself if i aborted a baby i would probably kill myself in all seriousness cause it would haunt me. and im the type that cant let the past go that easily but im working on it

I agree with you! It would haunt me forever knowing that a little life that needed me and depended on me, my child, and I did something like that to him/her. :( I couldn't deal with it.

*~·´¯`·¸.~¤LïlÃñge£Heårt¤~*

Upvote 0