North Carolina, USA
Visit site
✟14,836.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Originally posted by Badfish
Good point, but it can be satisfactorily answered by Gods word and human standards of morality. A good scientist will admit that science does not have all the answers, including our origins and the origin of the universe, and scientific moralization.

Anyway, my opinion is that abortion is wrong, however I believe there are extenuating circumstances that could morally and religiously warrant an abortion.

Like the case of the 9 year old, impregnated rape victim argument we had many times in the past.

I agree with you that would be a case for abortion.

Upvote 0

LilAngelHeart

~Nope,nothing wrong here~
Sep 18, 2002
I live in the Midwest,
Visit site
✟2,714.00
Faith
Pentecostal

For those of you who believe abortion is okay, what is the cut off age at where you think abortion becomes wrong? Because back before we were advanced enough in technology to allow a five month fetus to live, people thought that abortion at 5 months was okay. How could aborting a 5 month fetus be okay when a baby born that early can still live? Would you think it okay to kill a five month fetus after it's born if the mom goes into premature labor and then 2 days later when the baby is alive in an incubater she decides she changes her mind and doesn't want to be a mom anymore, is it okay to kill the infant?? No of course not, so why is abortion okay then? What about when we become advancede enough to allow a 2week embryo to live outside the mother, is killing it okay then or no? And if you argue that once it's outside the mom killing it is murder, but inside the mom it's not murder, then why do most of you who think this is okay disagree with aborting an 8 or 9 month old fetus that hasn't been born yet? What's the difference? If you will admit that abortion at *any time during pregnancy is wrong, then you must admit that abortion itself is wrong. If abortion is right then it should be right at any time. It's like a true or false question, if any part of the qeustion is false then it makes the whole thing false. If abortion is wrong at *any time during pregnancy, (7,8,or9 months) then abortion itself is wrong. If abortion was okay then it should be okay in *all situation.

*~·´¯`·¸.~¤LïlÃñge£Heårt¤~*

Upvote 0

KeepTheFaith15

Thats Me whats can i say?
badfish i understand this would be a situation to abort a baby, it wasnt the girls fault she got raped but it would be her fault if she aborted a baby, and most 9 year olds dont have the choice wether they can have the baby or not. if i had the choice i'd have the baby and put it up for adoption cause i wouldnt wanna keep the baby cause it would make me think of the night it was concieved and the horrible pain it would have brought me. but i wouldnt abort it. but thats just me, i couldnt live with myself if i aborted a baby i would probably kill myself in all seriousness cause it would haunt me. and im the type that cant let the past go that easily but im working on it

Upvote 0

KeepTheFaith15

http://afterabortion.org/hotstuff.htm

so basically no matter what the circumstance abortion effects you mentally and maybe even phsyically in the long run. this is a good link. it has something about rape victums, saying most you are victums of sexually assalted cases most of the time dont even want abortions but are pressure to get them. hmmmm....:)

Upvote 0
Originally posted by KeepTheFaith15
badfish i understand this would be a situation to abort a baby, it wasnt the girls fault she got raped but it would be her fault if she aborted a baby, and most 9 year olds dont have the choice wether they can have the baby or not.

You're right, they don't have a choice, but it's also not their fault.  If I monitor everything that my 9 year old does, right down to the shows she watches on t.v., why would I let her make that kind of decision?  She's just not mature enough mentally or physically to go through a pregnancy and delivery.  I'd also worry about the long-term physical damage that could be caused by having a baby that young.

My responsibilty is toward my child.  As a parent, I have to do what I feel is best for her.  I can't help but feel that to put her through more hell than what she's already been through just so that I don't have to go against my principles is selfish.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Pray4Isrel  
This is why babies with defects should not be aborted. God does not make mistakes. If he forms us in our mother's womb then He formed us perfectly no matter what we chose to label as a defect.

So what about when embryonic tissue doesn't make a baby?  Is that not a defect?

Upvote 0

Lanakila

Not responsible for the changes here.
Jun 12, 2002
Nestled in the Gorgeous Montana Mountains
Visit site
✟25,473.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Most of those embryotic tissue are automatically removed from the womans body through miscarriage. Of course if its not alive a D & C procedure will be done if it does not come out on its own. I know one lady who was pregnant with twins, one of which died in-utero. The doctors had her carry both the live baby and the dead baby till they were both born by C Section. The baby that lived till term is still very healthy to this day.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Lanakila
Most of those embryotic tissue are automatically removed from the womans body through miscarriage. Of course if its not alive a D & C procedure will be done if it does not come out on its own. I know one lady who was pregnant with twins, one of which died in-utero. The doctors had her carry both the live baby and the dead baby till they were both born by C Section. The baby that lived till term is still very healthy to this day.

I understand what you are saying, but that's not what I meant.  For instance, there is a type of pregnancy where the baby has 69 chromosomes.  It's very dangerous for the mom, and the baby very rarely lives, but it is alive.

There is also ectopic pregnancy.  There is a baby, but it could kill the mom if not removed.

Upvote 0

Lanakila

Not responsible for the changes here.
Jun 12, 2002
Nestled in the Gorgeous Montana Mountains
Visit site
✟25,473.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Why would the baby with the wrong amount of chromosomes be a danger to the mom? That doesn't make sense to me. Downs babies are born all the time and live, and they have one to many chromosomes. Ectopic pregnancies will never be able to carry to term. The baby will rupture the tube and kill the mother. They have to be removed. This is not the same as abortion though, because the removal takes the tube, and the baby is not even what we would call an embryo yet, but a zygote.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

unitedistand

Crying for the Bridegroom
Nov 21, 2002
a house
Visit site
✟443.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Women should not have the right to kill off our future for their own pleasure. What's more of an act of terror? 3,000 people being killed on a single day by a group of muslim terrorists, or a selfish act of women who do not choose life? People, a child is not a choice, no matter what stage of development it's in. 

Take a look at this picture and see what you think. 
http://www.amightywind.com/abortionf/abortion01.jpg

Ever hear the cry of the blood from a fetus? Those who can hear in the spirit realizes just how human these things are and just what type haenous acts that these people do just so they don't have to raise a child, for their own sake. That's more selfish and more cowardly then what terrorists are doing right now. Sierously, though. We are humans. We are Finite. We are imperfect. What gives us the right to decide who should live just so that a woman can live comfortably?

I hope those who are pro-choice realize what I am saying is truth. I will pray that those who murder our childeren and rape our future reconsider their values and what they truely stand for.

On a final note, if you truely cannot take care of the child, I plead to consider adoption rather than abortion.

Upvote 0

HannoverFist

The prosecution calls Hanover Fiste!
Nov 6, 2002
✟949.00
Women should not have the right to kill off our future for their own pleasure.

I'm not sure many women ENJOY having an abortion.  In fact, I'm not too sure many women enjoy actually giving birth either.

What's more of an act of terror? 3,000 people being killed on a single day by a group of muslim terrorists, or a selfish act of women who do not choose life? People, a child is not a choice, no matter what stage of development it's in.

I think you have missed the concept here.  My concept, anyway.

I do not think that an early embryo is a human being.  It lacks one very important thing: a brain.  And if a mass of cells is not a human being, then why does it deserve human rights?

"Choosing life" is a misleading catch phrase.  Anti abortionists certainly do not choose life when that life is a tumor, or an abnormal skin growth.  Anti-abortionists do away with "human life" every single time they take a shower or cut their hair, and nobody cares a single bit.  Why not?  Because none of this human life is actually a human being.

I hope those who are pro-choice realize what I am saying is truth. I will pray that those who murder our childeren and rape our future reconsider their values and what they truely stand for.

Perhaps you should elaborate and take part in the discussion instead of praying.  You aren't speaking "the truth" just because you say it's the truth, and I won't hear any new arguments when you pray.

Upvote 0

lil_god_lova

<b><font color="#0900ff">God chaser!!</font></b>
Oct 28, 2002
✟8,631.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
my personal view is jthat god does not like abortion. god sees the little sparrows and feels sorrow when they die? Well i think that god would feel immense sorrow to see one of his children being killed. this is just my opinion tho k? at fertilisation the cells start reproducing through mitosis (the cell reproduction form) when mitosis happens there is a form of life there i think. However i believe that god doesn't want two peps to die rather than one so if the mother is going to die or somehting like that becuase of it i think it is ok (not right but ok) to abort them. also if the child will die very soon after birth becuaswe of a medical disease it is ok in some cases.

Upvote 0

HannoverFist

The prosecution calls Hanover Fiste!
Nov 6, 2002
✟949.00
I applaud your stance and pray that more adults would learn the truth.&nbsp; It's amazing to see the younger generation&nbsp;leading the older when it comes to morality in these situations.&nbsp; Stay strong.

They have no scientific proof for their theories so even the scientific concepts&nbsp;they depend upon&nbsp;are flawed.

*sigh*

Did you happen to read my last post to you in the other abortion thread?

I am proud of your zeal.&nbsp; When my husband was a youth leader for a couple of years it was the teenagers that had a desire to do the right thing that kept us going.&nbsp; Don't ever let them tell you that your opinions are not valid.

Unfortunately, opinions are a dime a dozen.

It seems you are content to be a cheerleader, but unwilling to address the central issues in abortion.&nbsp; Either that, or you only wish to invent your own.

And my replies are not just out of zeal for God, but also out of a deeply-rooted&nbsp;hatred of even so much the appearance of evil.

Yikes.&nbsp; Let's hope that deeply rooted hatred doesn't spur you to do anything RASH.&nbsp; I'd certainly hate to see you hiding out with Eric Rudolph in the NC woods, eating pinecones and humming hymns to yourself.

However i believe that god doesn't want two peps to die rather than one so if the mother is going to die or somehting like that becuase of it i think it is ok (not right but ok) to abort them.

&nbsp;:scratch:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KeepTheFaith15

i just got done at school in english reading to kill a mockingbird, and we had to say an example of someone in the book who represented a mockingbird, cause in the book atticus finch one of themain characters said it's a sin to kill a mockingbird because they represent innocence they dont hurt anyone they just sing there heart out and i kinda this thread made me think of that book cause little baby's that are formed by god in the mothers womb is just like a mockingbird, babys represent innocence, i truley think it's a sin and it's not ok to kill a baby. the situation can be the worst in the world, but a little baby is like a mockingbird, the baby has no right to die...who knows who they could end up being i think it's so cruel. so cruel to even have abortion as a choice. rooooowrr

Upvote 0