A white woman yelled the 'N' word on a DC bus. She ended-up in the hospital.

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If someone hurts, insults, disrespects, or demeans you, then you want to hurt, insult, disrespect, or demean them right back.

Words are used as weapons all the time.

Very true, non racist people aren't prone to yelling racist words when angry.
Doesn't justify doing it.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,281.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
If someone hurts, insults, disrespects, or demeans you, then you want to hurt, insult, disrespect, or demean them right back.

Very true, non racist people aren't prone to yelling racist words when angry.
It kind of seems like these two comments are in contradiction. As to the second comment, I think I disagree. I can imagine a non-racist hurling a racist term at someone for the reason you gave in your first comment - they want to lash out at the person who lashed out at them. And being in a state of extreme emotion, they are not thinking rationally, or thinking about what's right or wrong, they may just use the word as a weapon, as you said.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,281.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
. He assaults all women by his disrespect of his wives
You assault all language by putting the period at the beginning of the sentence. :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Having been provoked is no excuse. Her response was wrong. Violence is wrong.

Proverbs 15
1 A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.
2 The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.

1 John 5
19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.
--provoking is wrong .it sinful to wrongfully provoke a person to anger .. it places the provoker as the instigator of evil . i simply object to the instant responses that say this woman was "asking for trouble " people usually shout out offence things in anger because they feel powerless (physically ) to do any thing else . so before any say she was asking for trouble one must acknowldege the sin -lays at the feet of provoker (the one tempting them to become angry )

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well I feel that what that white woman did was simply stupid . DC has a majority Black population and she had to know how we feel about that word as this is the south. I feel she walked into that with her eyes open and as such I don’t feel much sympathy. By acting as she did she alienated anyone who would have helped her stop the bullying. Most adult African Americans will usually try to stop that behavior if its a woman . guys might have to fight

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
When did the Savior teach us to seek revenge?

I worked in DC for several years and I never called anyone the N word because I respect other human beings. And I love Jesus Christ. I don't consider DC the south. Name calling is immature all the time.

James 1
19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God...

26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain. 27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

As Christians we bear fruit and show kindness to everyone. I'm not saying that we expect non-Christians to watch their language, but a Christian shouldn't defend wrongdoing.

Colossians 3
12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; 13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

We don't wait for apologies before we forgive.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Having been provoked is no excuse. Her response was wrong. Violence is wrong.

Proverbs 15
1 A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.
2 The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.

1 John 5
19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

But violence is the worse of the two wrongs. Surely nobody questions this... Right?

Or am I wrong..?

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
But violence is the worse of the two wrongs. Surely nobody questions this... Right?

Or am I wrong..?

Violence is sin. Sin is horrible.

James 2
8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well: 9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors. 10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. 11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law. 12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty. 13 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.

I love this:

1 John 3
13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you. 14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death. 15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 17But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. 19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him. 20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things. 21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God. 22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

betterorworse

Mar 21, 2018
somewhere
✟18,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This post sounds like a justification for yelling the N word.

I think it is a very well known fact that those who use the 'N" word in music and for themselves, insist on keeping racism alive.

Jesus, walking with the cross, was spat on, cursed at and yet spoke no ill, nor attacked those who cursed him.

Both ways are in un Jesus like. Those doing evil at those speaking curse words and those cursing.

I prefer Jesus.

Upvote 0

betterorworse

Mar 21, 2018
somewhere
✟18,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Speaking as if that is a normal way of life is absurd.

The Holy Bible says,

1 Peter 3:9 Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

"If you are mentally or emotionally disturbed by someone's words, you are fully justified to punch them in the face!", seems to be the Progressive's mantra these days.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Speaking as if that is a normal way of life is absurd.
No it's not.

The Holy Bible says,

1 Peter 3:9 Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

Upvote 0

PreviouslySeeking...

May 9, 2017
Seattle
✟85,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
This is amusing. I'm in my 40s. I have been called that term, in public, by various people of the Caucasian persuasion since I was 9. I am not confrontational, so I usually lowered my head in humiliation and scurried away, as onlookers (also Caucasian) said nothing. That word and words like it, have been lobbed at me to make me feel isolated, ignorant and without hope. I've turned the cheek for over 3 decades and what has that gotten me? What did the louses who wanted to pick on the lone Black child or woman learn?

Am I to be stepped on?

I don't think so. People who use those words seek to shut us up and shove us into the space they believe we belong in. They are demanding something and I think they deserve a response.

She got a response.

This is the world we all helped make. She didn't get what she wanted, but she got what she asked for.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Niger is a country and where that word possibly came from.
No. It came from the Spanish word for the color black, which in turn came from the Latin word for that color as well.

I believe the country name came from the natives' language.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
She got a response.

This is the world we all helped make. She didn't get what she wanted, but she got what she asked for.
Apparently some of the people who know her (mostly black) say she is homeless and probably has mental issues.

Upvote 0