A white woman yelled the 'N' word on a DC bus. She ended-up in the hospital.

PreviouslySeeking...

May 9, 2017
Seattle
✟85,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Apparently some of the people who know her (mostly black) say she is homeless and probably has mental issues.

I have diagnosed "mental health issues". That is a catch all phrase that means nothing. Depression is a mental health issue. So is OCD or anorexia. None of them make it more likely that someone will use inflammatory and derogatory language.

Let me take it one step further, mental health issues are quite common; that said, unless someone is so deeply deluded that they do not understand right from wrong and are, in that moment -insane, mental health issues are not an excuse for bad behavior in adults.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have diagnosed "mental health issues". That is a catch all phrase that means nothing. Depression is a mental health issue. So is OCD or anorexia. None of them make it more likely that someone will use inflammatory and derogatory language.

Let me take it one step further, mental health issues are quite common; that said, unless someone is so deeply deluded that they do not understand right from wrong and are, in that moment -insane, mental health issues are not an excuse for bad behavior in adults.
I am just saying what the people on the local news here said about her.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Having been provoked is no excuse. Her response was wrong. Violence is wrong.

Proverbs 15
1 A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.
2 The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.

1 John 5
19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

Someone hit her in the head, unprovoked.

You can't expect her reaction to be the reaction of a "good" passive non violent Christian if she is not.

White women should be able to ride a bus without being hit in the head also but apparently you dont agree.

I get that black people dont want to be the brunt of racism, no one does, but nothing gives anyone the right to become the racists.

When it becomes unsafe for anyone to simply be/exist in a neighborhood largely populated by a different race, regardless of what race, because if the color of their skin then there is a serious problem that needs addressed.

This is the United States in 2018. Not a third world country.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HannahT

Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟458,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This post sounds like a justification for yelling the N word.

You sound like you are justifying violence. (shrugs) I don't see rational behavior with either party. You want to justify beating someone up over this - go for it. It's still not rational, but go ahead and justify it if you want too.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You sound like you are justifying violence. (shrugs) I don't see rational behavior with either party.
Well thank you so much for someone one finally get around to addressing the issue I originally asked about.

You want to justify beating someone up over this - go for it. It's still not rational, but go ahead and justify it if you want too.
As I pointed out to another poster, I haven't even gotten to the violence part yet.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Someone hit her in the head, unprovoked.

You can't expect her reaction to be the reaction of a "good" passive non violent Christian if she is not.

I don't expect non-Christians to obey Christ. Christian or not, it's stupid to use the N word.

White women should be able to ride a bus without being hit in the head also but apparently you dont agree.

Shame on you. I never condoned violence.

I get that black people dont want to be the brunt of racism, no one does, but nothing gives anyone the right to become the racists.

I agree.

When it becomes unsafe for anyone to simply be/exist in a neighborhood largely populated by a different race, regardless of what race, because if the color of their skin then there is a serious problem that needs addressed.

This is the United States in 2018. Not a third world country.

Humans should treat other humans with respect. I've had nice black next-door neighbors when the rest of the neighborhood were Caucasians. I've had a black pastor and some black friends before I met the pastor. People are people. We choose friends who share our values --- skin color doesn't matter to me and shouldn't matter to others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Apparently some of the people who know her (mostly black) say she is homeless and probably has mental issues.
That's what I'm thinking and maybe that is why things went haywire.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't expect non-Christians to obey Christ.

Humans should treat other humans with respect. I've had nice black next-door neighbors when the rest of the neighborhood were Caucasians. I've had a black pastor and some black friends before I met the pastor. People are people. We choose friends who share our values --- skin color doesn't matter to me and shouldn't matter to others.

I agree the woman was stupid for escalating the situation. The people around her had already demonstrated the desire to commit violence against a person so escalating was wrong.

I have been the brunt of racism, the most notable was when a black man followed me around downtown Chicago screaming at me telling me to go back to my own country.. Even though I was scared of him, after an hour of it - he even waited outside stores to continue his tirade for goodness sake - I did finally just stop, turn around and yell that I was in my own country right now... not that it stopped him at all. I finally had to hide out in a store that was kind enough to allow me to stay for about three hours until he finally gave up and went on his way.

here's the deal, when you are attacked, feel cornered and are scared, you really don't know how your going to react - even if your a passive person. I was an idiot for turning around and yelling back that day too.. but I did.

Thing is, it shouldn't matter, that woman shouldn't have been hit... this is 2018. and we should be better than this in the land of the free, black, white or brown.

People blame this on Trump. But its the left victim blaming and it's the left making everything about race for the last decade attempting to instigate a race war...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
How does being provoked rationally lead to yelling the N word?

Ask them. Have you not seen the hundreds of videos of black people provoking each other? What do they say when they do that? They scream the N-word at each other. Happens routinely.

Only when it involves a white person, does someone start saying "how can that happen?".

That's my whole problem with the 'n-word' garbage. If any given word is somehow "bad", then no one should say it. If one group can say it routinely, without anyone saying anything about it, then it isn't bad, and it should be no problem for anyone to say it.

To have one group that can say it without consequence, and another group that can lose their job, be publicly shamed, and even violently attacked over it.....

That is just racism, pure and simple. We have a racists culture, when the color of your skin determines if you can say the 'n-word'.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟293,730.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You sound like you are justifying violence. (shrugs) I don't see rational behavior with either party. You want to justify beating someone up over this - go for it. It's still not rational, but go ahead and justify it if you want too.

Violence not being appropriate, most people know how to provoke it and how not to.

Yelling hateful racial epithets at people is about as smart as spitting in their face if you're looking to keep things civil and peaceful.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For a white person it would only come naturally to someone who used/thought the word in anger a lot.

Ie a racist.
or .. hurt and angry and at a loss for any other way to express it in their heated passion . youve been told by the media that every expression of calling a red wall a red wall to be racist againt a red wall lol - and yoiuve bought the story ,read the book and believed it . not even knowing the same person who called a black man a black man may be married to a black man lol .

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟293,730.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
or .. hurt and angry and at a loss for any other way to express it in their heated passion . youve been told by the media that every expression of calling a red wall a red wall to be racist againt a red wall lol - and yoiuve bought the story ,read the book and believed it . not even knowing the same person who called a black man a black man may be married to a black man lol .

I can express my passions without using racial epithets because I am not a racist, racism isn't one of my passions. Some, apparently can not.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
For a white person it would only come naturally to someone who used/thought the word in anger a lot.

Ie a racist.

I'm sure you meant "for any person"....it's not as if whites are the only ones using racial epithets.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟293,730.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I'm sure you meant "for any person"....it's not as if whites are the only ones using racial epithets.

I meant it may mean something different for a black person, which I wouldn't call racist exactly. So, not exactly "for any person".

Upvote 0