• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

A simple fix for the Transgender issue.

Discussion in 'Ethics & Morality' started by Ken-1122, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Ken-1122

Ken-1122 Newbie

+555
    Atheist
    Private
    So the ole “Argument of authority” huh? The idea that because someone else knows more than you know, you are to accept what they say without question? One of the things that helped drive me away from theism to become an atheist was this Argument of authority; the fact that it is in the bible, I was supposed to accept it no matter how absurd it sounded to me. They used to say “ God said it, I believe it, and that settles it!
    No! I left those intellectual chains behind when I left theism; I’ll be darned if I allow scientific claims to stifle my ability to question the way religious claims used to; as an atheist I would think you would know better than this! C’mon bruh get with the program! As Atheists we are allowed to question EVERYTHING! Even scientific experts; otherwise it's just another religion.

They are expected to explain their claims to laymen, other experts, and anyone else who wants to know; why do you think they publish their findings for peer review? And speaking of peer review, do you know how many peer reviewed scientific theories have been published by experts only to be falsified by other experts in the field and are no longer considered theories? It is foolish to blindly take a self proclaimed expert at his word without question; as an atheist I would think you would be better than that!

If all light contain photons, logic tells you that red lights possess it as well.

Since you believe it is, please explain HOW gender (as now defined) is based in biology.

If he published something for peer review, I can look that up myself! I don’t need to contact him.

2. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+6,492
    Atheist
    Private
    Not in the post you were responding to.

3. Ken-1122

Ken-1122 Newbie

+555
    Atheist
    Private
    So what are you talking about?

4. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+9,783
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    What makes it a movement? What are you talking about? Are you implying that gender dysphoria is something new?

5. Ken-1122

Ken-1122 Newbie

+555
    Atheist
    Private
    For most people (as viewed today) it is very new. 10 years ago if somebody were to talk about gender pronouns like Xi, Ze, and others, the typical person would have looked at you like you were crazy.

6. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+9,783
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    So what? Do you think gender dysphoria didn't exist before that?

BTW, nobody is actually requiring you to use those weird pronouns. Do they offend you just by existing?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  7. Ken-1122

Ken-1122 Newbie

+555
    Atheist
    Private
    I've never had gender dysphoria explained in a way that makes sense to me. Yeah I've heard of men who claim to feel like a woman or identify as a woman; but what does that mean? How do women feel? Is there a feeling women have that men don't? How do you identify as something other than yourself? Unless I can understand what it actually is, I cannot comment on how long it has existed; or if it does.

I never said anything offends me, I just said I don't address them; I address biology instead; hence the controversy.[/quote]

8. Belk

Belk Senior Member Supporter

+6,749
    Agnostic
    Married
    No, this would be evidence. You claim "X is not based on biology". I counter with "Yes it is, this expert says so". You are now trying to claim I have to prove this experts claims correct. I disagree. I have offered evidence. You need to prove that his claim are wrong. You are instead trying to claim that because he has not explained things to your satisfaction that you can ignore this evidence instead of tracking down why he is wrong.

You want to question then be my guess. However that is not what it appears to me you are doing. It appears you are using questions as a means to dismiss this evidence.

Yes, I am so blindly taking the claims of a scholar quoted by a reputable news organization over your claims. How blind of me. <Roll eyes>

But it is not in the definition! Obviously it can't exist if it is not in the definition!

Not my bailiwick. Ask the expert.

OK. Have you found his research yet?

9. Ken-1122

Ken-1122 Newbie

+555
    Atheist
    Private
    First of all, your expert never said “X” was based on biology, that is a leap YOU made. He said

“there are biological underpinnings to gender identity, but we do not know the biological factors at play with gender identity”

Now what on earth does that mean? You are the one who made the leap that it means it is based in biology (which I find absurd; if that’s what he meant I’m sure he would have said it) I don’t care what kind of an expert you claim to be, you can’t go around saying “trust me; “X” is true” and expect everybody to believe you because you are the expert.

I’m not saying you have to believe what I say, just come up with your own reasons. Don’t point to someone else who doesn’t explain himself, and expect me to take his word for it because he is the expert.

I never said because it isn’t in the dictionary definition it is therefore impossible, I’m saying because it isn’t mentioned in the dictionary definition, I have no reason to assume it is.

IOW you don’t have an answer; got it!

I can’t find that which doesn’t exist!

10. SwordmanJr

SwordmanJr Double-edged Sword only

+192
    Christian
    Private
    The so-called "transgenders" at work try to force their beliefs down the throats of all others around them, but I am one of the few who refuse to bow my knee to their wicked agenda. I simply disengage from them, only referring to them by their last name, not first or some "gender" reference. I simply say, "Smith thinks we should do this or that..." They can't press charges since I am addressing them by their name, and they hate it that I won't play their game by THEIR rules. However, I'm expecting one of them will eventually try to go after me with some sort of action. To prevent giving them something to go on, I talk to them only in relation to whatever is related to our official duties. Apart from that, if they ask how my family is, I have nothing to say other than, "Sorry. Not job related...," and I don't ask about theirs, or what kind of beer they like, what teams they follow or anything else of any kind of private nature at all. That way they have no inroads for taking action against me.

In a toxic atmosphere created by activists, one must adapt in order to keep from igniting the fumes of the activist's slanderous hatred of God and His people with their being children of Satan. I have a number of people as close friends who suffer from homosexual attractions, but do not act upon them by giving into them. I stand by them and and in the gap for them when they fight it. The activists, however, they're a different breed of creature who resemble those in the pre-flood environment, but much worse.

Jr

11. Kylie

Kylie Atheist and Proud

+3,018
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Did you ever see the movie Wall*E? What did you think of the character Eve?