Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't even compare myself with those men, they are better than I am, but their example is edifying and I put hope in the Lord that its he who edifies me with their example.

Actually i was referring to Jeremiah, David, and Job....their lamenting, and grief and suffering is similar, although Job's may have been even more excruciating in many ways....

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I have joy too, at times. The other day I was experiencing a joy that I couldn't really explain. It was something I have been searching for for a long time. I don't know what I'm doing, I just try to follow best I can. I believe that perseverance is a key, and also that sowing to the spirit is a key as well. Spiritual sowing (in my understanding anyway)includes humility and love. IF my suffering brings those things into my spirit, and allows me to sow those things, then it must be a blessing from God. Sorrow may not be easy, but if it helps me to be humble, and if humility helps me to love, and if love reaps joy. Then I am blessed. I must continually persevere though, always ready to persevere. IN perseverance I use Davids example when he says "wait on the Lord and he will strengthen you". That's perseverance in my mind anyway.

Sorry if I got off track, I guess all this gets me thinking. Just wanted to share

If you don't mind me asking, what is happening to cause you suffering and grief?

And i agree about David

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Actually i was referring to Jeremiah, David, and Job....their lamenting, and grief and suffering is similar, although Job's may have been even more excruciating in many ways....

I understand. I guess I just wanted to share my opinion that a person doesn't need to be a great holy man in order to follow a great holy mans example. Sorry, it was just a thought I wanted share, it had no reflection on what you said. Sorry about my confusion.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I understand. I guess I just wanted to share my opinion that a person doesn't need to be a great holy man in order to follow a great holy mans example. Sorry, it was just a thought I wanted share, it had no reflection on what you said. Sorry about my confusion.

It's ok, no harm done.

Keep sharing.

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you don't mind me asking, what is happening to cause you suffering and grief?

And i agree about David

That's a complicated question. I suppose I must blaim myself for part of it. Bad choices in life.

However, I cant explain why I feel the way I do, I only know that I believe the Lord leads me in it. I'm walking by faith instead of sight. I cant really say why I feel the way I do, I just know it has a good side effect in that it humbles me.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
That's a complicated question. I suppose I must blaim myself for part of it. Bad choices in life.

However, I cant explain why I feel the way I do, I only know that I believe the Lord leads me in it. I'm walking by faith instead of sight. I cant really say why I feel the way I do, I just know it has a good side effect in that it humbles me.

I was listening to a song that ministered to me this morning...i think i first heard it on the radio program: Haven Today....

would you like me to post it?

Upvote 0

The Hammer of Witches

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 7, 2016
America
✟14,999.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
After God restores Job, what happens to his wife and his three friends?
Only God knows what happened to them. I would assume the friends repented after being rebuked, but the wife is never mentioned.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yes, it seems she's never mentioned again.
:) Maybe she went into business and IS HERE someplace ?? :)
moz-screenshot.png

>https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...enge.jpg/220px-Rainbow_Toe_Sock_Challenge.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was just thinking about things. Gods chastening, what a blessed, blessed thing!

1 John 3 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Hebrews 12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I was just thinking about things. Gods chastening, what a blessed, blessed thing!

1 John 3 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Hebrews 12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

Amen, and what is GLORIOUS, is that there may be tears and heartache for a season, yet, as it is written, that tears may endure for a night, but Joy cometh in the morning.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Amen, and what is GLORIOUS, is that there may be tears and heartache for a season, yet, as it is written, that tears may endure for a night, but Joy cometh in the morning.

Yes indeed. Not only that, but this as well. Amen!

Peaceable fruit.

Hebrews 12:11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

12 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;

13 And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

James 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes indeed. Not only that, but this as well. Amen!

Peaceable fruit.

Hebrews 12:11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

12 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;

13 And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

James 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.

Amen.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I know it sounds like I'm bragging but I'm not. I have more to be ashamed of than I could ever hope to boast in, that's a fact. I just wanted to praise the Lord for leading me in the right way. I do feel like he's leading me. Its a good feeling, especially after you struggle with so much doubt.

Where is that video?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I know it sounds like I'm bragging but I'm not. I have more to be ashamed of than I could ever hope to boast in, that's a fact. I just wanted to praise the Lord for leading me in the right way. I do feel like he's leading me. Its a good feeling, especially after you struggle with so much doubt.

Where is that video?

Praising the Lord is not bragging.

It blesses God's heart when we praise Him and celebrate Him.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Where is that video?

The video i was referring to my friend:

Upvote 0