✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
brinny said:
After God restores Job, what happens to his wife and his three friends?
Only God knows what happened to them. I would assume the friends repented after being rebuked, but the wife is never mentioned.

Why do you think the wife is never mentioned again?

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
brinny said:
After God restores Job, what happens to his wife and his three friends?

Why do you think the wife is never mentioned again?
The only relevancy that she had to the story was her discouragement of Job.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The only relevancy that she had to the story was her discouragement of Job.

i don't agree with you there, as it appears that, even she herself says that Job, her husband, is a man of integrity, yet she has such disdain for him, and is so caustic with him when he's at his utter lowest.

Does it seem she's "disgusted" with him?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
A Key.

I was listening to a Bible teacher/sermon about Habakkuk this morning, and much of what the teacher was reading about Habakkuk, sounded strangely familiar.

Then i realized why.

Habakkuk was asking similar questions about why God did not seem to be "hearing" him nor "answering" him. Job was asking the same questions. It was a similar theme.

The teacher, however, kinda' missed the gist of what was going on with Habakkuk. Habakkuk was grieving over evil, unrestrained and he was heartbroken, and wondering why God was allowing it and remained silent.

Then i thought of Job. Job was beyond grief and heartbreak. God seemed silent. Gone. Leaving Job in inexplicable misery, suffering, and heartbreak.

Here's the "key":

Did Job even ONCE .stop "talking" to God?

This is the "key" to why God described Job as He did, in the very beginning of the book of Job, and repeated it later in the book of Job:

"There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil." ~Job 1:1

Job NEVER stopped "talking" to God. He continued as he ALWAYS had, "talking to" and communicating with this God he loved, and was so in tune with, that he sought Him with all that he had in him, during these baffling and inexplicably and excruciatingly painful times, when his God, of Whom he loved and worshiped, and was "walking and talking" with, seemed starkly absent when he needed Him the most.

It was very similar to other men of God throughout the Bible who cried out to the God they needed desperately, such as Habakkuk.

k3694875.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
This video was posted on a thread about Job. As i listened and watched it i was riveted because it gives such an accurate portrayal of Job's experiences in the that very dark and uncertain and confusing chapter when God seemed absent and silent and Job seems oh-so-alone in such inexplicable loss and suffering:

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Say What???!!!

A "stickler" for me every time i hear a message on Job, or read about him, is that, when listing what Job lost, his "riches" are mentioned first. EVERY-SINGLE-TIME.

Really??!!

What is THAT about?

His CHILDREN, all 10, EVERY-SINGLE-ONE-OF-THEM, were killed violently and suddenly in a sort of freak occurrence.

YET, what is mentioned FIRST when speaking of what Job lost, is his "riches" in every single message/sermon i've heard.

What??!!!

As if they're an "after thought", and the REAL tragedy is losing one's "riches"? Yeah, losing all 10 of your children might be grievous, but losing one's "riches" is the REAL tragedy and is what comes to mind FIRST???!!!

Seriously??!!

This is not an accurate portrayal of Job, nor his heart in this tsunami of grief and tragedy that furiously came at him, non-stop. It's a reflection on the heart of the one speaking of it.

It's an indication of the heart condition of the one giving the message.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
He had to.
Besides, he had ten more children by her, and one he named "horn of eye paint", so methinks he and his wife had some pretty, purposefully, intimate moments.

Thanks. Although i do not agree, it's an interesting perspective, my friend.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Job's revelation.

Image-10-600x403.jpg

"Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not." ~Job chap 42:3

Chapter 42:3 speaks to me of Job, being aware possibly that all that occurred was about something way BIGGER than he himself. He is coming to terms with a spiritual realm where this was really taking place, although not fully aware of Satan defying and challenging God and attempting to use Job to make a mockery of God. Satan was counting on Job cursing God if he inflicted enough suffering and loss on him. It was perhaps a realization that it was, in essence, "God" being attacked by Satan, even if he himself was nearly driven to the point beyond what he could bear.

I heard a Bible teacher on the radio recently say that the reason God allowed this to happen to Job, is because Job WAS all of those things God Himself described Job as, and He knew Job's heart, and knowing Job's heart, He knew that Job would not curse him, because Job's relationship was not based on what God "gave" him, such as his "possessions" and that Job did not love his family more than He loved God.

"There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil." ~Job 1:1

Another verse that comes to mind as i think on what God requires of us and how it fits into the verse in Job 1:1, and that is this one:

"He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?" ~Mic 6:8

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟801,184.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Job's revelation.

Image-10-600x403.jpg

"Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not." ~Job chap 42:3

Chapter 42:3 speaks to me of Job, being aware possibly that all that occurred was about something way BIGGER than he himself. He is coming to terms with a spiritual realm where this was really taking place, although not fully aware of Satan defying and challenging God and attempting to use Job to make a mockery of God. Satan was counting on Job cursing God if he inflicted enough suffering and loss on him. It was perhaps a realization that it was, in essence, "God" being attacked by Satan, even if he himself was nearly driven to the point beyond what he could bear.

I heard a Bible teacher on the radio recently say that the reason God allowed this to happen to Job, is because Job WAS all of those things God Himself described Job as, and He knew Job's heart, and knowing Job's heart, He knew that Job would not curse him, because Job's relationship was not based on what God "gave" him, such as his "possessions" and that Job did not love his family more than He loved God.

Another verse that comes to mind as i think on what God requires of us and how it fits into the verse in Job 1:1, and that is this one:

"He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?" ~Mic 6:8
Was Job better (more Spiritually mature) after going through all this, than he was prior to this?
Could Job have reached this greater Spiritual maturity any other way?

• Useful
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Was Job better (more Spiritually mature) after going through all this, than he was prior to this?
Could Job have reached this greater Spiritual maturity any other way?

Interesting question.

What comes to mind for me is:

Was this about Job?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟801,184.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Interesting question.

What comes to mind for me is:

Was this about Job?
God is always concerned about the individual's Spiritual growth (this is one thing we can learn from the story), so it is very much about Job.
Satan is not "playing" God to get at Job, but God is using Satan to help Job in his spiritual growth.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
God is always concerned about the individual's Spiritual growth (this is one thing we can learn from the story), so it is very much about Job.
Satan is not "playing" God to get at Job, but God is using Satan to help Job in his spiritual growth.

Is that why God allowed Satan to attack Job to the extent that he did? How/why did all of this start?

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟801,184.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is that why God allowed Satan to attack Job to the extent that he did? How/why did all of this start?
Job was started out less spiritual mature than he could become which you see in some of his final comments, but Job would not have made those comments without going through the situation he went through. At the beginning, just prior to satan's visit, if you asked Job: "How knowledgeable is God" he would say "God knows it all and never makes a mistake", but in Job's heart if Job was put in a tough situation he would question God's ability to not make a mistake which Job expresses in his last comments. How could you solve this spiritual weakness in Job without bring him through this tragedy?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Job was started out less spiritual mature than he could become which you see in some of his final comments, but Job would not have made those comments without going through the situation he went through. At the beginning, just prior to satan's visit, if you asked Job: "How knowledgeable is God" he would say "God knows it all and never makes a mistake", but in Job's heart if Job was put in a tough situation he would question God's ability to not make a mistake which Job expresses in his last comments. How could you solve this spiritual weakness in Job without bring him through this tragedy?

It wasn't about "Job".

There's a verse in the very beginning of the book of Job where God describes Job.

If you would be so kind, would you post it here?

Thank you kindly.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟801,184.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It wasn't about "Job".

There's a verse in the very beginning of the book of Job where God describes Job.

If you would be so kind, would you post it here?

Thank you kindly.

I assume you are talking about: “This man was blameless and upright; he feared God and shunned evil.”

“Blameless” does not refer to God not finding any fault, but refers to man or even the person’s family not finding any fault.

Job certainly did fear God and shunned evil, but that does not mean Job was perfect like Christ is perfect.

Again Job made some comments at the end prior to God speaking up that showed an inter weakness.

Upvote 0