A Florida couple has been charged after being caught getting groceries, washing their car, and walki

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't even think they are relatable. And this is partially what I was saying about conflated levels of response. If this individual is acting responsible, well beyond 6 feet from other individuals while walking his dog, or conducting normal life on his own property, then he is even in compliance with the CDC's own mandates. If this same individual put on a mask and went shopping, he is still within CDC mandates.

This is quite literally social control at this point. None ya business if he washes his car some 50 feet away from you. Or is in his house with no mask on. Or even walks his dog while practicing correct social distancing. The only issue would be going to a store un masked.

A drunk driver knows it is a commission of a crime to even get behind the wheel.

If you have a disease doesn't matter what he's doing he shouldn't be outside his yard, your the one that if I remember right keeps saying masks cause spreading by complacency, so would allowing people to go outside with distancing, not always possible, have to step only a foot or two off the sidewalk into a yard to avoid contact with someone, there are always risks, these people needlessly took risks that could kill someone. The sooner it's made criminal if not already, the sooner this can be taken seriously. The US is having over 1k deaths a day 6 days a week, maybe it's time to make punishment harsher for those ignoring the rules.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
From the articles I read mayors intentionally infected nursing homes and prisons. AARP has an investigation. The DOJ got caught burning files showing they intentionally infected federal prisons.
Did they intentionally or accidently. Before they had all the information.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
your the one that if I remember right keeps saying masks cause spreading by complacency

And improper usage, yes.

these people needlessly took risks that could kill someone.

Why... are we trying to get people to comply with masks and everything instead of quarantining them?

I have no doubt this is about compliance over personal safety. The issue is he didn't do what he was told. That is why he is being punished. I guarantee you, during a pandemic, black plague or something, little man is going to be in a tent city miles from anywhere. Not walking around the city social distancing.

Common sense. You keep the sick away from the healthy.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't even think they are relatable. And this is partially what I was saying about conflated levels of response. If this individual is acting responsible, well beyond 6 feet from other individuals while walking his dog, or conducting normal life on his own property, then he is even in compliance with the CDC's own mandates. If this same individual put on a mask and went shopping, he is still within CDC mandates.
Did you even read the article? It's not an issue of CDC Guidelines, it's an issue of Florida law, just as drunk driving is.

This is quite literally social control at this point.
So drunk driving is also "social control"??? I guess you can put it that way - do you disagree with drunk driving being illegal? Is so, WHY?

None ya business if he washes his car some 50 feet away from you. Or is in his house with no mask on. Or even walks his dog while practicing correct social distancing. The only issue would be going to a store un masked.
All those things are my business and everyone else's business if by doing them he is breaking a law, as the two of them did in this case.

Is it "none ya business if" he drinks a fifth of vodka and drives behind you on the road or drives down the street where your loved one (mom, child, wife, etc.) is walking? Is that what you really think?

A drunk driver knows it is a commission of a crime to even get behind the wheel.
It doesn't matter if he knows or not, he is still breaking the law and ignorance is no defense. Do you understand how laws and enforcement work? It seems you want to keep some laws and arbitrarily do away with other laws so that it can fit your political philosophy and agenda.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Homicide denotes intent. How do you prove his intent wasn't to simply walk his dog? Was he intentionally trying to infect people? Spitting on them? Licking ice cream and putting it back on the shelf?
Wrong. Homicide is killing a human and can be by negligence or reckless endangerment, not necessarily first degree murder which requires a motive and intent.

I really wouldn't know as of yet where this would fall. Criminal mischief? Neglect? Even 'criminal' denotes one has broken a law. I honestly do not see where this is classified as any other 'thing' than a misdemeanor. He broke a mandate, not a law.
No, he broke a law. You'd do well to read the article and links in the article so you can understand the story before saying things that are out of line with the story and the reality of the story. They broke a law. How else do you think they were "charged"???

Do us all a favor and read the article and appropriate links THEN let's discuss the story itself instead of your speculation about facts that are clearly provided by the article.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have honestly been pushing correct social distancing and practices since this all started. People argue with me simply because it is me.

Corona Virus no worse than a cold

Corona Virus no worse than a cold

Breaking Mask Requirements to Red States

I believe you. I’m not saying nothing should be done; some actions are vital, and likely do save lives.

But the level of fear we’re hearing and the things we’ve been told to do don’t quite synch up. A Catholic priest was ranting about how church was now horribly dangerous, but a big box store is magically safe. Not matching up.

We are several months into this, and are still arguing about how this is spread. We hear about cases, but what interests me is the average age of people who are hospitalized, and the average age of people who do die. But we’re being pointed towards cases.

We will likely all contract this, or come into contact with it. Identify the most vulnerable, protect them. Take basic measures in public. Continue to live.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Did you even read the article? It's not an issue of CDC Guidelines, it's an issue of Florida law, just as drunk driving is.

"Breaking the law."

So drunk driving is also "social control"??? I guess you can put it that way - do you disagree with drunk driving being illegal? Is so, WHY?

Related to: "Breaking the law."

All those things are my business and everyone else's business if by doing them he is breaking a law, as the two of them did in this case.

Is it "none ya business if" he drinks a fifth of vodka and drives behind you on the road or drives down the street where your loved one (mom, child, wife, etc.) is walking? Is that what you really think?

It doesn't matter if he knows or not, he is still breaking the law and ignorance is no defense. Do you understand how laws and enforcement work? It seems you want to keep some laws and arbitrarily do away with other laws so that it can fit your political philosophy and agenda.

"Breaking the law."

You honestly do not see how this is a conformity thing yet? This is what some people might call a 'cautionary tale'. 'See, this is what happens if you do not comply...'

If this is a health issue, and this man is so deathly infectious... why is he walking the street? Let's be real. This man is so sick during such a pandemic of epic proportions... he is allowed to just self-quarantine? Because??? Reasons???

• Winner
Reactions: RushMAN
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,983.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
These people are monsters and deserved the electric chair.

I hope that's just emotionally charged hyperbole...

State-sponsored murder is unethical no matter what the circumstances are.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Like, how do we protect the most vulnerable during flu season? How did we protect the most vulnerable during swine flu and avian flu? Surely we could do something like that?
As someone who was caregiver for both my parents when they were elderly and sick and in the "most vulnerable" population I can tell you that we took care of them by getting them vaccinated AND social distancing and self-quarantining them. During flu season they avoided going out to where they could get the flu and stayed away from people as much as possible. Of course, even then if they got the flu there was little chance they would die from it, even as "most vulnerable" people.

Do you seriously not understand the difference between coronavirus and the flu??? Really?

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
"Breaking the law."

"Breaking the law."

You honestly do not see how this is a conformity thing yet? This is what some people might call a 'cautionary tale'. 'See, this is what happens if you do not comply...'

If this is a health issue, and this man is so deathly infectious... why is he walking the street? Let's be real. This man is so sick during such a pandemic of epic proportions... he is allowed to just self-quarantine? Because??? Reasons???
How is breaking the law "a conformity thing"??? They broke the law, they were charged and they will be prosecuted. Why are they walking the street? Same reason people who commit other crimes walk the streeet - they made bail. Same reason a drunk driver is out walking the street and in some cases driving the street even after being busted.

You still haven't read the article, have you.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
How is breaking the law "a conformity thing"???

Because that is the focus. That is actual the point of contention. Not whether he is infectious. What you hear is he 'should' be executed, jailed, fined, imprison for not conforming to some action as he was directed. We have people that are ramping this up to executing the man as a murderer for not complying with what was directed. We aren't supposed to claim that to be a bit hyperbolic, right?

If it isn't conformity, what are you after?

You still haven't read the article, have you.

Yes, I'm just not going where you are attempting to steer me. But even now you are on a hard line push to adherence of 'the rules'. If you will not (X) than you should be punished. Please, explain to me how you do not feel everyone should be compelled to act in a manner you deem is necessary?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Because that is the focus. That is actual the point of contention. Not whether he is infectious. What you hear is he 'should' be executed, jailed, fined, imprison for not conforming to some action as he was directed. We have people that are ramping this up to executing the man as a murderer for not complying with what was directed. We aren't supposed to claim that to be a bit hyperbolic, right?

If it isn't conformity, what are you after?
Compliance with the law. That is the point of contention. You are denying that the law is actually the law. You are saying the law is not a law but a "rule" and that abiding by the law is "conformity". If you disagree with the law that's fine, and you can voice your opposition to the law. But you are not doing that; instead, you are saying that the law which these people broke is not a law but just some non-legal "rule".

What would you say to a drunk driver who claims he didn't break a law but instead he just broke a non-legally enforceable "rule" which is trying to get him to conform to what you or others want?

Yes, I'm just not going where you are attempting to steer me. But even now you are on a hard line push to adherence of 'the rules'. If you will not (X) than you should be punished.
I'm not trying to steer you anywhere except to the facts. I'm not pushing for adherence of "the rules" but rather of the LAW. There's a difference. If you do not follow the law then you should be (and will be) punished. Are you saying that people should be permitted to break the law with no consequence or punishment at all?

Please, explain to me how you do not feel everyone should be compelled to act in a manner you deem is necessary?
I do not feel everyone should be compelled to act in a manner I deem is necessary because there is law which compels people to act in a manner that we as society deem is necessary. This story is an example of that. Where do you get that I am expecting people to follow my own personal beliefs or else be punished legally for not doing so?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Where have they ever put anyone in jail for having coronavirus? That sounds completely made-up to me - I haven't heard of that happening. Source?
Is the OP #1 this thread.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
People actually want to sit here and tell me they do not believe people should be forced to act a certain way? I would dare say they're even happy when it is enforced.

You do not hear a single argument that the sick should not even be among the healthy. Well that makes no common sense in a health related argument. Nope, what is paramount is controlling their actions. Yeah, control other peoples actions. That is how you contain a pandemic. They must do as they are told, or they are heathens. Monster that want to kill grandma and intentionally infect the masses.

If they are that infectious why are they even free to roam?????????

Why are they even free to roam? In my honest opinion... To turn neighbor against neighbor and keep the fearful suspicions flowing.

Why are people more concerned about what others are doing than what they are potentially carrying? They shouldn't even be walking around to be worried about. Am I wrong? Is that stupid? Would that make us more safe and even (reasonably so) more comfortable? Instead, we have a whole slew of people trying to enforce some sort of socialized justice for nonconformity of rules.

Just hit pause for a quick sec... think... this is a pandemic.... why are we trying to control people instead of the spread of the virus? We're taking sick people and letting them walk the streets. Then you take the healthy and confine them to their home. Let the convicts out, but lock up those who will not conform to the rules.

How does this even make sense to you? Logically... sit down and think. How does any of this stop the spread of a virus?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
People actually want to sit here and tell me they do not believe people should be forced to act a certain way? I would dare say they're even happy when it is enforced.

You do not hear a single argument that the sick should not even be among the healthy. Well that makes no common sense in a health related argument. Nope, what is paramount is controlling their actions. Yeah, control other peoples actions. That is how you contain a pandemic. They must do as they are told, or they are heathens. Monster that want to kill grandma and intentionally infect the masses.

If they are that infectious why are they even free to roam?????????

Why are they even free to roam? In my honest opinion... To turn neighbor against neighbor and keep the fearful suspicions flowing.

Why are people more concerned about what others are doing than what they are potentially carrying? They shouldn't even be walking around to be worried about. Am I wrong? Is that stupid? Would that make us more safe and even (reasonably so) more comfortable. Instead, we have a whole slew of people trying to enforce some sort of socialized justice for nonconformity of rules.

Just hit pause for a quick sec... think... this is a pandemic.... why are we trying to control people instead of the spread of the virus? We're taking sick people and letting them walk the streets. Then you take the healthy and confine them to their home. Let the convicts out, but lock up those who will not conform to the rules.

How does this even make sense to you? Logically... sit down and think. How does any of this stop the spread of a virus?
Amen to that. Following Gates Foundation mandate to the letter.

• Friendly
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
So living with Coronavirus is now illegal? Don’t leave the house? Don’t walk your pet? Perhaps they could have had groceries delivered and spared folks being around them. I know this is serious. But penalizing people for buying food sounds harsh.

They were arrested for breaking quarantine as they were known to have the virus.

Upvote 0